Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges)

+11
Valerias
Vragnor
Ariden
Geneviève
Unknown
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ledgic
Lavian
Gunnell
Seranita
Braiden
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges) Empty [A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges)

Post by Braiden Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I have not yet gone to writing up on any guidelines for magistrates however I thought it might be smart to start scanning for interest. Here's a few qualities that may be good to have if you are to be a magistrate:

OOC
  • Patience - You need to be a patient and somewhat diplomatic individual that can listen to others on an OOC basis, half of the work (if not more) is OOC communication. If this part does not work out it will be much harder for all involved parties.

• Activity - You need to be at least somewhat active.

• Creativity - You need to be able to come up with creative and logical ways to solve conflicts OOC while sticking to the IC law books.

IC
  • Knowledge - Your character is educated and has a somewhat good reputation. This is a required element to show IC, otherwise your character will seem unfit even if you OOC are not.

• No criminal record - Your character should have no criminal record to speak about, lighter offences may be disregarded to some extent.

• Human - As of now I prefer humans only as my associates provided my character allowed to take up a position as grand magistrate, this however is not written in stone.

That's a basic list, it may be updated once the guidelines gets more pronounced or a decent suggestion to change it comes in. Feel free to respond in this thread or throw me a pm if you are interested and we'll see how it plays out.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

[A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges) Empty Re: [A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges)

Post by Seranita Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm

*waves* pick me pick me!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

[A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges) Empty Re: [A] Looking for potential magistrates (judges)

Post by Braiden Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Oh right then we have at least three people (including myself) with varying grades of desired activity. Try to write down a bit of background knowledge and experience your intended characters has IC too, it would help.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:30 pm

I disagree with not at least accepting Dwarf magistrates and possibly Gnomes. As I stated in the other thread there are more dwarves in Stormwind than inside of Ironforge, with plenty of gnomes living alongside them as well. Perhaps a rule of say.. 1 Dwarf/Gnome to every 3-4 Humans, but I still believe that they should be there.

Also, I would rather see this acting as a part of Exyathe's guard guild, if only to assist in organisation both In-character and Out-of-Character. It also helps to maintain that the Magistrates are active and dedicated to that specific role than simply Golden Boy #23523 who did it to flaunt the powah and wave their dicks of the title around.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Gunnell wrote:I disagree with not at least accepting Dwarf magistrates and possibly Gnomes. As I stated in the other thread there are more dwarves in Stormwind than inside of Ironforge, with plenty of gnomes living alongside them as well. Perhaps a rule of say.. 1 Dwarf/Gnome to every 3-4 Humans, but I still believe that they should be there.
Braiden wrote:Human - As of now I prefer humans only as my associates provided my character allowed to take up a position as grand magistrate, this however is not written in stone.
There you go, it all depends on who's interested and how it is best to do it however humans is preferable in my eyes. Now if you want to discuss that part further I suggest you do that in the discussion thread I started over at the other forum so we can focus this one on potential candidates.

Gunnell wrote:Also, I would rather see this acting as a part of Exyathe's guard guild, if only to assist in organisation both In-character and Out-of-Character. It also helps to maintain that the Magistrates are active and dedicated to that specific role than simply Golden Boy #23523 who did it to flaunt the powah and wave their dicks of the title around.
I personally do believe that there may be additional guard guilds in time and I do not see any point to magistrates and guards to be a part of the same guild ICly or even OOCly, frankly I just see that as an excuse to keep most RP within guilds rather then between individuals and it would make finding magistrates more complex. However the plan is to be working closely with the guard guilds as possible either case, there is always the option of chat channels and all that so no problem really. Again I think it is better to keep this section clear of massive discussion since there is a perfectly good magistrate thread I created for discussion purposes.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 pm

ok well depending on how things go it will be with Chareshia is she decides she will stay in her current place which any who know her she isnt happy with, she was a city guard for quite some time so has some good knowlege on laws and the like, i am extreemly active at the moment and usualy i am always on shia if you need more info Chareshía is her in game name (she is also a healer so can be good if any in trile were to hurt anyone else or themselfs to avoud conviction)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

I believe Terenor from the shining strand is already a known Judge/Magistrate or however you want to coin it.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Eira wrote:I believe Terenor from the shining strand is already a known Judge/Magistrate or however you want to coin it.

He quit the role quite some time ago, actually. But he's a decent guy to go to if you're looking for knowledge and previous experience, at any rate.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:27 pm

ohh cool
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 pm

any updates on this idea?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Have a few things going, however guidelines will not come until the revised laws and stuff is in place, however there might be some IC interviews of potential magistrates coming up pretty soon.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 pm

ahh awsome!!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 pm

If I were active, I'd be more than willing to put my char up for this Very Happy
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Righto, if you get active do go ahead and contact me IC/OOC/whatever and we'll be happy to have you aboard.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:00 pm

just to let you know my toons name has changed slightly its Chareshía
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Righto Chareshia, I poked you the other day on that exact character and I'll be in touch soon again.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Cool
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 am

Hmm...If I had a character who were right In his head, I'd go for it.
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm

you mean arien isnt right in the head?? oh god, another ic insane frend who could tear out my spleen and drink my blood, what is with my luck!! *weeps*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Bennedict wrote:If I were active, I'd be more than willing to put my char up for this Very Happy

Braiden wrote:Righto, if you get active do go ahead and contact me IC/OOC/whatever and we'll be happy to have you aboard.

I've re-activated my account, so feel free to contact me on Bennedict if you see me online Very Happy
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Chareshía wrote:you mean arien isnt right in the head?? oh god, another ic insane frend who could tear out my spleen and drink my blood, what is with my luck!! *weeps*

What....I mean't Tylaen, Aerian Is fine...Geezus
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:45 pm

*stops panicing*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 am

If you're ever desperate for magistrates I've got an alt who I'll happily level up just enough to look reasonable in the role.

I'm happy to read any background reading etc and whilst I'd rarely be on the alt, I'm usually available on Gen if anything comes up.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:50 pm

any update on what is hapenin?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Ariden would be intrested in this, after all he never trusted judge whitiker, so he might have a look at the others as well. also his history that is known means he can fit into the role very well, no record, held in good standing with his preveous employers, and years learning all the laws and punishments of stormwind.
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next