Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Disciples of Light

+38
Skarain
Ara
Thelos
corleth
Ixirar
Vaell
Ron Sexton
Ave/Sariella
Raelan
Drustai
Morinth
Ledgic
Destiny
Lorainne/Bridlington
Braiden
Lyniath
Lexgrad
Ishap/Virock
Aadaria-Ioanna
Mandui
Feydor
Valerias
Geneviève
Kristeas Sunbinder
Yarnaat
Shaelyssa
Jeanpierre
Gunnell
Seranita
Gesh
Zhakiri
Saevir
Jomir
Magaskawee/Anaei
Arathoran
(Goggy) - Exilius
Aerann
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
42 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Would you join the Disciples of Light?

[A] The Disciples of Light Vote_lcap47%[A] The Disciples of Light Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 20 ]
[A] The Disciples of Light Vote_lcap28%[A] The Disciples of Light Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 12 ]
[A] The Disciples of Light Vote_lcap25%[A] The Disciples of Light Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 43

[A] The Disciples of Light Empty [A] The Disciples of Light

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 pm

[A] The Disciples of Light Joindol

Disciples of Light coat of arms
Spoiler:

Why Hello there!

I´ll start you off with a long short piece of useful history from the Defias Wikia page

The Disciples of Light are a lawful-good Order of Knights and Champions of the Holy Light that were commissioned and created by the Northshire Abbey Priesthood that put their efforts together for the same objective: to help make the World a better place. Objectives include safeguarding Alliance territories, aiding the fight against the Horde, bringing an end to the Forsaken race and re-claiming the lost Northern lands, defeating the Scourge and Burning Legion and generally aiding the Alliance wherever and whenever required.

Originally a Human-only Order whose primary task was the defence and protection of Stormwind City and the surrounding Kingdom,The Disciples of Light now also accept Draenei and Light-following Dwarves into their ranks.
They are chivalrous and honourable aswell as highly respected in Stormwind, the last bastion of humanity.
Once the main police force of Stormwind City, the Disciples still hold a duty to enforce the King's law and to ensure the safety of it's citizens, sometimes risking their own wellbeing apprehending criminals and protecting the people.

This long history of crimefighting has ensured that they are hated by all forms of criminal and cultist organisations.
Consisting solely on Holy Light followers, the Disciples of Light often arrange and participate in events dedicated to the Light, as well as duties that encompass working for the Alliance as a whole; masses, pilgrimages, patrols, calls to arms against the Horde, Undead or Burning Legion, and to deliver diplomacy to other factions.
_________

Right, the disciples are an alliance based guild, focused around the light and its teachings, we do not accept death knights, warlocks or other sorts of fel magic and/or other sorts of wickedness, simply because it only leads to damnation either way!

If you´re familiar with the D&D alignment scale(Wikipedia it), we're lawful good, or Saintly/Crusader

Contact any of our officers in order to arrange an interview to join the guild, although we prefer if you place an application on our Old website <-- Old one _ New one --> New website

Our current Battle.net Armory page

Blizzard Forum - Defias Brotherhood

Our current guild management is as follows: IG name is in italic*

Aarian Northlight (Aarian) - Master chaplain (Guild Leader)
Valestrion Drayke (Valestrion) - Head Chaplain (Co-Leader)

Valestrion Drayke (Valestrion) - Chaplain/Officer of Arms
JeanPierre D'armagnac (Jeanpierre) - Chaplain/Officer of Faith
Beladon Indarys (Beladon) - Lieutenant/Master of the Academy
Ishap Balancer (Ishap) - Lieutenant of Arms

Last edited by Bennedict on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating 13/02/2012)
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

[A] The Disciples of Light Empty Re: [A] The Disciples of Light

Post by Aerann Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Just adding that I am the recruitment officer. All applications and interviews go through me Smile

P.S: Damn you ben for making a recruitment post before me Mad

Aerann

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh, at first I thought ye'd all gone and become Silver Hand gits O,o
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerann Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:42 pm

*Punches Exilius* Nah, That was just Arathoran who left and formed "The Silverhand" instead Razz

Aerann

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Aralol left? - The basterd!

Anyhow, Yepharel I am taking over the recruitment position mwhahahahaha can you not see it? You are nothing!

Ps: The above stated might contain slight sarcasm
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerann Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Aralol left yes. Tbh, I don't miss him. He just gave the guild a bad name.

P.s: You will be punished for your insolance! Twisted Evil

Aerann

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Meh... I don´t bother with people who leave.

If they leave, they´re out of my courtyard and I don´t got no responsibility for them.

If he gave the guild a bad name or not, I won´t comment.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Alas! The disciples are all! All is the disciples!!

Strength
Through
Unity
Unity
Through
Light

Last edited by Bennedict on Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:18 am

Crusaders of Redemption* Yeph. And Thank you. Laughing
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 pm

[A] The Disciples of Light Joindol
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:26 am

Ossum!

<_<

>_>

^_^
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:22 am

I have a question, would you make an exception to the race rule? You accept mages, as I plainly see. But not GNomes. This is no doubt due to the fact they are not a Light Bound race. But then again most Dwarves are now religiously Titanic in their worship.

My question is, have and can the rules ever been bent to allow a very Light-Minded Religious Gnome Magi in?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:46 am

Well... We're waiting on Cataclysm to pop some lore on the area before we go ahead

"Oh, you like the light huh? Well, come on in, tabards are over there, coffee's on the table, just make yourself at home"

and then once cataclysm hits

"Ugh.. Who's telling the gnome?"

Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 am

Bennedict wrote:Well... We're waiting on Cataclysm to pop some lore on the area before we go ahead

"Oh, you like the light huh? Well, come on in, tabards are over there, coffee's on the table, just make yourself at home"

and then once cataclysm hits

"Ugh.. Who's telling the gnome?"

If things work out I might actually be making Vezullia a priestess.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

But she be the Minister o' Magic?
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 am

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:But she be the Minister o' Magic?

I keep thinking she's a goddamn vuvuzela
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 am

I haz to admit, could she continue being the Minister of Magic despite turning her back on the Arcane and embracing Faith/Divine Magic?

Hrm ;/
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Bump for <The Disciples of Blaight>! Nawh <3

Awesome guard-guild!

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

It depends on council positions, she may advocate to place her new teachings in another area if it is free. It is however just a thought.

Saevir wrote:

I keep thinking she's a goddamn vuvuzela

I hate you.

Nygarth wrote:I haz to admit, could she continue being the Minister of Magic despite turning her back on the Arcane and embracing Faith/Divine Magic?

Hrm ;/

Most likely not, even if she dabbled in the shadow. Technically she'd still be adept at the Arcane having used it for so long, (As will most gnomish priests) but I shant play a dual-class that's just silly. Either way, if I go through with it, it'll involved changing Anaei's class aswell so it's just an idea.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

If it's any of any help to you, I went through a similar class transition on my Draenei a few years ago.The OOC part; yes I shamelessly did quite obviously plot out where my charecter was going IC, due to OOC reasons. I wasen't enjoying him as a mage and wanted to try healing as a shaman. But I didn't just wing it.

The IC part; He was born into a family of Magi, ones who were direactly against the use of nature magic, so much so infact they considered it onpair with Fel magic. This was difficult for me as a child, because he always had a flickering connection with water and the gentle whisper in the wind, This was beaten out of him by strict tutors and family and replaced with the dominion over the arcane and more precisely fire. This lasted for years however, after exhausting himself in battle, he found he couldn't conjure even a simple fire blast anymore, proably at the most inappropiate time to, he had three orcs on his tail in the Ashenvale woods. 

He spent four days trying to survive amongst the wilds without even the power to conjure a muffin. Throughout these days he heard the whisper of the elements and spirits, he dismissed these as signs of hunger, which very could've been. He manage to loose the orcs but an hour later he was lost himself, and ended up collapsing.

He awoke in the exodar, found by a Druid. and spent a month or so attempting to reconnect with the arcane, he failed however and was approached by a broken, The broken reconised the element of water inside him and offered him tutoring, My draenei cursed at him, spitted and ranted about the flithly fel curropt, but after a few days he grew scared. Scared that he wouldn't be able to do his bit in Outland, and have his pride shattered. He sought out the broken, accepted his offer, and I rerolled him as a shaman. Level from 1-70, exploring his connection to the elements, and eventually reconising him as a Seer of Water, talented healer and a more level-headed charecter because of the humbling experience. But he lost his arcane control, retaining alittle bit of knowledge, but never being able to cast that way again.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Edervic/Vectoria wrote:If it's any of any help to you, I went through a similar class transition on my Draenei a few years ago.The OOC part; yes I shamelessly did quite obviously plot out where my charecter was going IC, due to OOC reasons. I wasen't enjoying him as a mage and wanted to try healing as a shaman. But I didn't just wing it.

The IC part; He was born into a family of Magi, ones who were direactly against the use of nature magic, so much so infact they considered it onpair with Fel magic. This was difficult for me as a child, because he always had a flickering connection with water and the gentle whisper in the wind, This was beaten out of him by strict tutors and family and replaced with the dominion over the arcane and more precisely fire. This lasted for years however, after exhausting himself in battle, he found he couldn't conjure even a simple fire blast anymore, proably at the most inappropiate time to, he had three orcs on his tail in the Ashenvale woods. 

He spent four days trying to survive amongst the wilds without even the power to conjure a muffin. Throughout these days he heard the whisper of the elements and spirits, he dismissed these as signs of hunger, which very could've been. He manage to loose the orcs but an hour later he was lost himself, and ended up collapsing.

He awoke in the exodar, found by a Druid. and spent a month or so attempting to reconnect with the arcane, he failed however and was approached by a broken, The broken reconised the element of water inside him and offered him tutoring, My draenei cursed at him, spitted and ranted about the flithly fel curropt, but after a few days he grew scared. Scared that he wouldn't be able to do his bit in Outland, and have his pride shattered. He sought out the broken, accepted his offer, and I rerolled him as a shaman. Level from 1-70, exploring his connection to the elements, and eventually reconising him as a Seer of Water, talented healer and a more level-headed charecter because of the humbling experience. But he lost his arcane control, retaining alittle bit of knowledge, but never being able to cast that way again.

That's a magical transition with an epic storyline, however Vezullia's change would be rather simpler. She's a very religious gnome, she thanks the light for everything she has. As has been stated regarding the light, you just need the 'will to believe you can wield it', Vezullia may be dabbling in it already and may just simply decide to set aside the ARcane to study this new way of life exclusively.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 am

That's like asking your Dwarven members what is wrong with DRS? Or the Draenei what is wrong with Ere Argus?

Vezullia is a Stormwinder, she has little connection to Gnomeregan anymore because she doesn't want one. She'd no sooner join the Squad than eat a live squid. She is proud of her people and her heritage, but she cannot serve under the Tinker Court with a clear concience. It's why she is on the Stormwind Council and not a Gearholder.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:52 am

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Bump for <The Disciples of Blaight>! Nawh <3

Awesome guard-guild!

You sir, shall be hanged publicly.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

That's like asking your Dwarven members what is wrong with DRS? Or the Draenei what is wrong with Ere Argus?

Vezullia is a Stormwinder, she has little connection to Gnomeregan anymore because she doesn't want one. She'd no sooner join the Squad than eat a live squid. She is proud of her people and her heritage, but she cannot serve under the Tinker Court with a clear concience. It's why she is on the Stormwind Council and not a Gearholder.

What dwarven members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next