Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Duskwood RP community [A]

+43
corleth
Lexgrad
Velspeth
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Sullee Swiftspeech
Katelina
Cathee Norris
Odgan / Keag
Yarnaat
Aadaria-Ioanna
Ara
Elnaria
Melnerag
Ralegh
Nayan
Sophie
Muzjhath
Krogon Devilstep
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Mikasa
Ixirar
Jayse
Geneviève
Shrogan
Morinth
Saevir
Rmuffn
Baròth / Olian
Jehorius
Jeanpierre
Mandui
Geldar
Gunnell
Braiden
Zinkle Figgins
Ledgic
Demurral
Timna
Valerias
Unknown
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Seranita
Ariden
47 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Duskwood RP community [A] Empty The Duskwood RP community [A]

Post by Ariden Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

[img]The Duskwood RP community [A] Darksh11[/img]

What is the Duskwood RP community?
The Duskwood RP community is a group of professional Rpers who are attempting to make a new hub of RP in Duskwood, they are doing this on there main RP characters and are dedicated to getting this idea of the ground, inspired by a member who ran this same model on Scarshield Legion with incredible results.

What type of RP will you find with us?
We are Rping in a small town style with small town problems. We have people acting out the roles of Doctors, Chaplains, Tavern staff, Highway men, Blacksmiths, Gunsmiths, Philosophers, a researcher writing a book and a Post master. And these are just the ideas we have thought of so far.

Will there be events?

Yes, of course yes, weekly sermons will be happening, random RP can always be found in the tavern, militia training will be frequent we have also organised weekly feral worgen fights to the death, a chance to gamble and have fun in a totaly legal setting and we are currently organising a festival. In times to come we will be holding markets and a wedding is in the works. (if you would take a look at the notice board at the top you will find a few things that are going on soon)

I want to take part but I am in a guild and happy here, what can I do?
Simple, /join Duskwood our chat channel and join in the fun we already have a host of other guilds playing key roles, the Forlorn Cartel are organising a weekly or bi-weekly trade caravan which will coincide with the market event. If you can't get your whole guild involved then just come down on your own and relax in this quiet backwards stranger fearing town.

How can I join in the fun?
Again as before the first step is to /join Duskwood and you can get involved from there where you will be introduced to the founding members, and showed the ropes, and you will soon be a vital part of our community,

Last edited by Ariden on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

The Duskwood RP community [A] Empty Re: The Duskwood RP community [A]

Post by Seranita Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 pm

*nods*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Looking good. I shall ask yet another question though, but will keep it in the other thread. But yeas, nice work.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:33 pm

I do approve Of this Indeed
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Looking much clearer. I'll help you popularise the new thread by adding a few suggestions Wink

I dropped by (admittedly not for a great length of time) with my retired paladin long-term citizen of Darkshire this afternoon. I was impressed by the liveliness, in which I congratulate you on a good start.

One thing, though, that struck me, is that if you're advertising in /general and also recruiting new roleplayers, you are going to have to teach them or else you will end up with a new Cathedral Square, only worse, because Darkshire is supposed to be a serious and frightening place. There's no room for 'Days of our lives' soap operas when you're beset by undead, cultists, plague, gloom, and who knows what else.

For example, today I saw a clearly new RPer attempting to do some pickpocketing and making a hash of it. Someone needs to whisper him and explain that 'Bob tries to pickpocket John of his valuables in broad lamplight while wearing a Defias mask' is probably not the best way to go about things, and to give suggestions on how to do it better.

By no means do I think teaching people to RP is a bad thing. I am, though, saying that the core of your <of Duskwood> group are going to have to be patient and attentive. I just hope you guys are prepared to accept that responsibility - because I would really love to see Darkshire take off as a serious RP spot, but unfortunately that is going to take a lot of quality control.

Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:39 pm

*nods and accepts challange*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:53 pm

compleatly aware of the situation you mentioned, and we have already spoken to him about it, yes we are advatising in /1 and are happy to take new RPers, after all the level one of today is the head of the council tomorow. I think most if not all of the core are happy to do so, we all like the idea of duskwood being full of good solid rpers, let the lolers have there cathedral we have no need for it.
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 pm

I dropped by (admittedly not for a great length of time) with my retired paladin long-term citizen of Darkshire this afternoon. I was impressed by the liveliness, in which I congratulate you on a good start.

This. What I experienced in my.. 45 minutes? Was activity, something that seemed like quality to me, and I had some ooc convos with you lot, which made me conclude that you lot are great folk!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:01 pm

thanks for that helsyth, hope to see you around more!
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Just a fair warning. Make sure to have as many experienced roleplayers as new ones as not to get overwhelmed. I've had that happen to myself on another server, and I heavily disapproved of even myself!

Otherwise, keep it up. I'm yet to go there though, but I'll surely be there.. one day.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 pm

A shameless cough *cough*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:07 pm

I'll probably make an appearance on Calen, he was living in a house alone for a while there. If anyones stolen the house, I'll put it down to having been presumed dead by the townspeople.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Calen, as there are not enough houses to go around we are going with the lines of, if someone is roleplaying in your house, use another, with a few exceptions, such as the clinic and the barn
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Apologises for mis-correcting you, Ariden! Unfortunately, that policy has changed as people find it difficult to be obliged to having to keep switching from premises to premises - we don't want to cause, constant nomadic RP. Anyway, houses have been claimed but there're plenty to go around; we will be expanding our roleplay, to Raven Hill and other areas too - so, there'll be almost a ton of houses to go to. If you've been in Duskwood before, and have been roleplaying in here for a longer duration than most - I will respect that! I believe we will be shifting houses from people too, (for the more veteran roleplayers) to keep a mandatory state in our RP; so therefore... Generate more living space ICly, in our roleplaying community.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 am

Around Raven Hill and behind it has been used for a long time by myself and some others, as a ruined village for the Caan clan. So, if you appear there and some of us happen to be RP'ing there, it'd not be a very wise move to clash IC'ly. Just a heads up, of course Wink

Also, as people are actually actively RP'ing people from Duskwood now, as I have been for five years, if you want any information on the Caan clan, just ask me. As they were meant to be terrorising the people of Darkshire and the forest for many years. Though, y'know, not anytime recently.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 am

we will be expanding our roleplay, to Raven Hill

Aye, Zarran already asked me to bring wine and glasses over, from Darkshire to raven hill.. so expanding ey? nice

@ Ledgic: I've been in Duskwood for soon 2 years now, but have never heard about what you are talking about. Could you perhaps send it to me in a forum PM? Information about the Caan clan that is.. as I am interested in anything related to duskwood really =D thanks
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 am

Ledgic/Omanos wrote:Around Raven Hill and behind it has been used for a long time by myself and some others, as a ruined village for the Caan clan. So, if you appear there and some of us happen to be RP'ing there, it'd not be a very wise move to clash IC'ly. Just a heads up, of course Wink

Also, as people are actually actively RP'ing people from Duskwood now, as I have been for five years, if you want any information on the Caan clan, just ask me. As they were meant to be terrorising the people of Darkshire and the forest for many years. Though, y'know, not anytime recently.

Led brings up a good point, actually. I know there are many many people who RP their characters being from Duskwood, and who have stories and history associated with those characters /families. Perhaps we could create a Duskwood server lore project, and compile these stories? It would be really cool for people to be able to say 'Oh yes, the Caans... bunch of horrible gits, them' or 'Oh yes, I know the Daere family. Respectable smiths, that lot.'

Is this something that would interest people? I'd be really happy to make a thread and do the compiling of stories/information/lore, if so.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:07 am

Aniane, we would be very very intrested in this as we have no desire to step on anyones toes at all with this,
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 am

Our caravan will probably arrive on Sunday or Monday, with boozes, food, ammos and so on.

As a result to an event scheduled for the next week we may be hiding in Duskwood for a while, lying low for a bit. I hope that's not a problem.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:37 am

Led brings up a good point, actually. I know there are many many people who RP their characters being from Duskwood, and who have stories and history associated with those characters /families. Perhaps we could create a Duskwood server lore project, and compile these stories? It would be really cool for people to be able to say 'Oh yes, the Caans... bunch of horrible gits, them' or 'Oh yes, I know the Daere family. Respectable smiths, that lot.'

I can't say anything else but yes..
Who ever will do this, you may poke me for help =)

Edit: Because.. new people go "who the hell are they?" about old people.. and old people go like "Fuck is with all these new people?" while some old people RP that they should be known server lore wise and some new people RP that they've been in town for quite the while already.
Besides preventing awkward situations, it would also be great fun to have a lore project from DB duskwood
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Awesome \o/ I'll get that started, then, and create a thread in Game Related to compile people's information, and perhaps you, Helsythe (or anyone else) could help me think of a cool way to present it all in the end.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

I moved on of my alts to Darkshire (Curwan) some days ago to conduct some researches about the local lore, traditions and customs, so I'd gladly interview you guys and write it down.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Goodie Vale, I guess I'll have to add Braiden and his line there soon enough.

Also guys a few resourses that may be good to have if your characters is native to Duskwood:
Duskwood (aka the southern part of Elwynn forest)
Darkshire (aka Grand Hamlet)
Raven Hill
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:45 pm

going on from the previous thing about houses, in an area such as darkshire, the general thought that would probably be going around is, "if they've been missing for even a day, they're probably dead. So, lets break into the house, sell off their valuables, and let someone else move in."

So its no real problem anyway considering Very Happy
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next