Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WPvP campaigns

+10
Elízabéth Moren
Mandui
Ataris
Halya
Lavian
Quin
Garmegin
(Goggy) - Exilius
Zinkle Figgins
Kozgugore Feraleye
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WPvP campaigns - Page 2 Empty Re: WPvP campaigns

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm

And It's right next to Duskwood!

Only thing inbetween is the Deadwind Pass!

''HYA-AHAHAH-AAAAH!

WPvP campaigns - Page 2 Img14254a9cf5cf03470
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmegin Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Deadwind Pass would make for some epic things, aye. It's a perfect chokepoint, especially at that natural bridge thing. Although I'm guessing many would fall of the darn thing. But that makes it only more fun.

All the suggestions on locations are appreciated but it's really all up to the warcouncils that will be made. Instead do any of you have ideas how to further expand on the idea about the state of settlements?

Garmegin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Stranglethorn Vale would be an awesome place where to PvP, and it's easy to reach for every faction.

By the way, I wonder how was Exilius before becoming the nasty horseman Very Happy
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:27 pm

By the way, I wonder how was Exilius before becoming the nasty horseman Very Happy

A Foul' Necromancer in the past, I took a near' yearish break from WoW and came back by Hallow's End with fresh plans!

WPvP campaigns - Page 2 Necromancer
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Damor wrote:Stranglethorn Vale would be an awesome place where to PvP, and it's easy to reach for every faction.
*takes cover before the Emperor shows up*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Damnit, wered the Squidface go? We need to decapitate it then stuff the head full of explosives and fish, then set it on fire to kill the Horseman!
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmegin Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:16 am

Big news on this idea. It seems that in the recent past our dear Shrogan has already started planning a similiar thing, with the approval of most guild leaders on his side. His idea is however much grander and is not merely about PvP but that aspect will still be a part of it. Thus this will all be one thing.

I am sure he would get around posting about his idea here sooner or later with all the details. I did not manage to talk to him much but from what I understood there's still room for people willing to focus on WPvP so I believe this thread can continue to live to further that aspect of this bigger project. So if you have any ideas and suggestions throw them here.

Garmegin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 pm

I really like the coloring the world map thing and plan battles from there, I'd even take it one step further and suggest that a battle based on that map should be held once every 2-3 months?

And like stated before keeping it simple would be grand, its easy to go overboard with these things.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

I throw my support to this idea, but it must be made clear that NO land can be instantly taken/used in the Vale without having to answer to the Gurubashi. The Empire has pretty much defeated Hakkar and is in full control of the Jungle. You'd expect a fight if you wished/dared to do so.

Another thing is, that Stranglethorn Vale isn't owned by the Horde, it is owned by the Empire. Only the land of Booty Bay is technically not the Empires and the Horde expeditions base camp which the Empire generously allows to keep good tides with the Horde.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 am

Tasjin, that's some nice propaganda, but the fact remains that in most W-PvP events the Gurubashis still get along with the Horde. In fact, I'd say there's a pact between the two. And if there isn't, well, maybe the Empire should consider forging one.

Not to forget that it is possible for the trolls to lose hegemony over the Vale, if the Alliance army decides to kick your asses.
And you are pretty much surrounded by hostiles. Duskwood, Elwynn and Westfall are all Stormwind territory. It would make sense to make a friend in your enemies enemy.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:08 am

Gnash wrote:Tasjin, that's some nice propaganda, but the fact remains that in most W-PvP events the Gurubashis still get along with the Horde.
Goes without question really, we'd get along because of the IC "pact" the Empire has with the Horde, however we're not exactly allied with them, a pact which you rightly pointed out.

And if there isn't, well, maybe the Empire should consider forging one.
It doesn't need to, the Empire is one of the strongest nations, uniting the Trolls of the Vale under one banner has dramatically increased the size and power of the Empire's force.

Not to forget that it is possible for the trolls to lose hegemony over the Vale, if the Alliance army decides to kick your asses.
Ofcourse if the Alliance/Any other organisations wants to go toe-to-toe with the Empire and is indeed victorious, we would indeed lose support or even the entire section of land entirely till another battle takes place. However, in the Jungle, it's the Trolls that have the advantage and OOC'ly most of our members do have PVP experience aswell as the gear to support it.

And you are pretty much surrounded by hostilities. Duskwood, Elwynn and Westfall are all Stormwind territory. It would make sense to make a friend in your enemies enemy.

This I disagree with, the Empire isn't entirely surrounded, infact it only has a single war front at the moment, being the usual northern tip of the Vale boardering Duskwood. Since the current Duskwood Campaign is on, more military forces have been travelling North to support the war effort and reinforce the armies of the Empire. And we currently have been making friends with our enemies enemy.

The point of my previous post was to clarify that no one should walk into the Vale and not expect a retaliation. No one should be "claiming" land of the jungle be it Horde or Alliance without the grace of the Emperor's word to allow them to do so, otherwise force would be used to remove them from said jungle.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

This is an rather tricky subject. On the topic of our WPvP campaigns and IC campaigns, there's a lot of OOC things which affect our IC behaviour. I will perhaps at a later date clarify the Empire's standing with the Horde, but for now leave it be, as there's little time, patience and painkillers to clarify everything....AGAIN.

Stay tuned for more news.

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Tasjin wrote:No one should be "claiming" land of the jungle be it Horde or Alliance without the grace of the Emperor's word to allow them to do so, otherwise force would be used to remove them from said jungle.
I think that is the point of WPvP, yar.

The thing with claiming land for your own is that it's always tricky business if other parties are interested in it as well. One may claim to own a certain patch of land, but IC, there's little stopping others from trying to think or claim otherwise - whether true in the other party's eyes or not. I've used the Grom'gol Base Camp more than just once as a forward kind of base for the Horde, whether I had trolls trying to claim otherwise or not.

What I'm trying to say is, trying to make a claim IC is something entirely different than trying to make it a fact OOC. I may plan to set up camp with some orcs in some dwarven lands soon, but that doesn't mean that I'll try and claim that it's ours. If people were to split hairs over such things with every single war, it would end up being more of a forum war instead of an actual in-game war. Every now and then, it can be fun to just run out spontaneously and raid a random Alliance settlement just to see and hope whether there'll be any resistance. Trying to decide where one may and may not set foot in would be trying to deny a lot of spontaneous movements around the world.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Any news?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Sounds like a good idea, The Dwarves approve of more opportunities to shoot stuff, give me a poke when you need my help.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2