Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are warlocks....

+12
Darilas
Jomir
Raelan
Morgeth
Zinkle Figgins
Kristeas Sunbinder
Unathi
Antistia
Lavian
Gesh
Gahalla
avaiel
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are warlocks.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Are warlocks....

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Why's that if I may go off-topic? >_> No one would need to know if such a thing was to occur >=]

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm

ICly HoN betrayed Ireth. So now it's a bit of a war going on.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey, I could be in Raelans position but between Ireth and HoN =o

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:15 pm

My guy keeps it a god damn secret, only using fire magic these days when he has to use magic at all which is rarely.

ALSO. I really really really really really really really really really really hate it when I see non warlocks walking down into the catacombs in the slaughtered lamb like they were born in the place and coming up with lame ass excuses as to why they are down there. Also, theres a fucking heavy curtain blocking the way so DO A BLOODY EMOTE IF YOU HAVE TO GO DOWN THERE which you dont so go away.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:19 pm

I hate that too Jomir. I recall when I rp'ed as Ireth before the mass wanted scenario. I just hanged around down there training folks and scolded any non warlocks for coming down. They quickly got the message as it's a "warlocks right" to be there. Not any other.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 am

On the subject of souls: My lock (which I don't play that often, but oh well), tricks others into sacrificing (part of) their soul for her powers. (Not without ooc'ly agreeing on this, ofcourse). She does that in small rituals, which I also think should be an important -and very fun- part of warlock rp. Rituals are a great way to use your creativity IC'ly, just make sure you don't get caught and don't do them within city walls.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Okay so to sum up - The general opinion on warlocks is following:

- Be discreet, you don't want people poking about your business
- Limitations on warlock powers, regarding actions that only affect self is limited mostly by creativity and of course a common sense for what is feasible in WoW lore
- Limitations on a warlocks power based on interactions with other people varies, depending on OOC agreement, and the type of role-play you're engaging in.

That seems to be about it? :3
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 pm

The Shields will arrest any warlock seen using any dark magic on sight. I hope that answers the question about Warlocks being outlawed Razz

However, we have no way of knowing who's a warlock or not. "Being a warlock" won't get you arrested, but using shadowmagic within city walls will, since it's officially outlawed. (Check SW-laws section).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:The Shields will arrest any warlock seen using any dark magic on sight. I hope that answers the question about Warlocks being outlawed Razz

That is not true. Very Happy

I was ICly watching the scene in Redridge when you guys fought HoN from a mountain-cliff. I was there as Ireth wearing this whole regelia of wrathful gear mixed in with RP parts so it was undeniable I was a warlock. I got spotted and even used some magic from the cliff and some shield comes up to me and asks my business. I lie and tell him the council sent me to investigate and well, we had a nice conversation and he believed me and went on his way at the end Razz.

EDIT: Granted this was outside the walls. I don't know on shield policies outside it. But as far as I know redridge is within the kingdom?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 pm

If you go by the last official data I saw, Not even Goldshire was within the Kingdom of Stormwind. As at that point it was basicly a city state. Might have changed since then, but read that info in TBC and it was rather fresh around then. And might just have been someone's major fail.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 pm

having skimmed through the thread I'd like to add an aspect that I've pondered upon quite a bit myself:

We agree that warlocks are outlaws to some degree (amongst humans). The Guards will arrest them and open practice of fel magic will get your killed, okay.

But we all know they're somewhere down the cellar of the lamb, right? That is why all the shady people use the place as "their" inn, right?

So the question is, though all the common are scared to death by the notion of warlocks, what about city officials? The King?

Either we are assuming that the government is extreemly naïve or that it has, to some degree, accepted the pressence of warlocks as long as it is kept hidden from the common man.

The reason for this could be either that the government have accepted that the hidden practice of fel magic is best kept consentrated on a known location so people know where it is happening (like it is done IRL with criminal districts etc.), that the government have accepted that they cannot fully eliminate the problem or that the government have made a deal with the warlock society - after all they do provide soldiers to fight in his wars and are effectively aiding the king on that accord.

So, what do you think?
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 pm

We all "know" about warlocks, but truth is.. their power is needed to fight the Horde/scourge. They are immensely powerful casters and if they use it on our enemies, we'll tolerate them.

And of course everyone is afraid of warlocks, their power being immense and the amount of suffering they can put you through with spells and curses is one to fear. I sure know if the Shields knew of a famous warlock-den where they were to be trained, they wouldn't go out and raid it.

(Speaking only from the Shields standpoint.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Warlocks acceptability from the king and such is a tricky one because as we all know....The death-knights.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Well there is a quest for warlocks where you have to stop a noble from running his mouth about the warlock's den in the lamb?
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:03 pm

The problem is the quest has been in since vanilla which is five or so more years ago. Things have changed since then such as the acceptance of death-knight aid.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 pm

DK's and Warlocks are seen as a necessary evil.
Basically great to have around for battles and stuff but other than that we send them into the basement.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:05 pm

i play the role of manipulator very well if I do say.I play the fool but I have a master plan.But after meeting Snow this morning I think I'll go back to what I wanted to do origionally the demon like lock who's a monster.
I've seen the Light cheers
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Hmmh what did I do now? D:
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Just inspired a drug taking criminal rouge /cultist to go pure evil ....not much don't worry
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh it was you I talked to? Very Happy I see.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 am

O dear God...you're one of them
looks at the Sig Evil or Very Mad
PPPS: TWILIGHT IS AWESOME < the world's number one twilight fan. Edward/Jacob slash is win.

GOD I hate Twilight
Are warlocks.... - Page 2 3

Last edited by Kyrby on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found me a nice picture to convay my hatred for twilight in a funny manner)
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 am

I hate twilight too. It wasn't me who did the signature. It was a friend who visited Julia IRL and she changed it for me. I did the same back to her though won't worry.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2