Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And so the campaign ends...

+21
Jomir
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gallandria
Kozgugore Feraleye
Saevir
Nessra Sunwhisper
Haen Strongwind
Lavian
Nayan
Shaelyssa
Geldar
Mandui
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
Cathee Norris
Aarian Northlight
Jayse
William Helmsley
Rae Wulfgnar
bloop
Gabriel Delaney
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And so the campaign ends...  - Page 2 Empty Re: And so the campaign ends...

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Merandil wrote:
Jayse wrote:A war plot plain and simple. It's not The Divinci Code..

Which is exactly my point. You can throw around numbers all you like, ultimately this was just another war event. Mind you, I'm not dissing this event - People had fun, that's the whole point, mission accomplished - but I am dissing the fact that so many people seem to consider a hairbrain excuse to have lots of W-PvP the pinnacle of RP plotting. I'd expect better from a server that has seen so much as Defias has in the past.

Alliance & Horde = War. <_<'' Atleast all the games prior to this one, and game-events in WoW says so.
Every character have his own reason to attend a war.

This one in particular, was better than most. So hush-hush with the whining and make one yourself instead. Or attend the ones made.

Thumbs up to Shinden for this event!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Also, I'd like to have a chat with some of the hosts if that'd be possible! If I could get some names here I can send PMs over the forum.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:So, if I may simplifying. Unless we are psycic and know our events are going to be so spectacular we shouldn't bother our asses?

No honey, that's not simplifying, that's missing the point. PvP events are well and good, popcorn entertainment that they may be, but people should work on making events that stand out as well. You can't predict wether or not something will be successful but that's no excuse not to try!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:It's at times like these where I wish I wasn't purple and had pointy ears ^^. The event looked like loads of fun from the pictures so well done to everyone involved!
Every alliance race was welcome, we even went to Darnassus and contacted the elves.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Merandil wrote:
Mandui wrote:The only one who considers it so is yourself apparently, since no one claimed this :/

I think it's implied by the fact that there hasn't actually been any major non-PvP events for years beyond the form of "one-night party tiemz".
This event was to 90% RP and 10% PvP. But you'd know that if you had been there. But you weren't. No surprise you make assumptions.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Merandil wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:So, if I may simplifying. Unless we are psycic and know our events are going to be so spectacular we shouldn't bother our asses?

No honey, that's not simplifying, that's missing the point. PvP events are well and good, popcorn entertainment that they may be, but people should work on making events that stand out as well. You can't predict wether or not something will be successful but that's no excuse not to try!

I apologise for further derailing, but this is irritating me. Perhaps you are so wound up in your on world sweet heart that you don't see the tens of smaller and ever larger events that go on all the time. We all constantly work to make fun events that aren't just 'pvp'. This however was a pvp event that in-fact had more just rp events incorporated INTO it. An event that everyone worked really hard to put together, and frankly honey I think you're being damn disrespectful.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Mandui wrote:
Shaelyssa wrote:It's at times like these where I wish I wasn't purple and had pointy ears ^^. The event looked like loads of fun from the pictures so well done to everyone involved!
Every alliance race was welcome, we even went to Darnassus and contacted the elves.

Really?!! Surprised I don't remember any pink skins coming to Darnassus Sad Ah that sucks then that I missed it but oh well, I anticipate and hope that there will be more events like this to come where horde blood can be spilt! >Smile
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Merandil. During the whole event there must have been what....Three-four days of one or two hours of PVP? The rest was pure Role-play. Smile

Really?!! Surprised I don't remember any pink skins coming to Darnassus Sad Ah that sucks then that I missed it but oh well, I anticipate and hope that there will be more events like this to come where horde blood can be spilt! >Smile

We approached Nature's grasp one night in Darnassus but knowing your flappy lot and the isolation you present yourself.....Razz
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Haen Strongwind Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I joined towards the end (around Wednesdayish) on Horde side, and I must say, it was terrific fun!

As you say, I look forward to future campaigns. Thank you for organising it Smile
Haen Strongwind
Haen Strongwind

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks for the event guys!

Can't say it was as interesting on horde side though. Major information problems, and the fact that blood elves had to fight alone.
We got squished by Alliance army most of the time, but it was fun nonetheless. ^^
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Nessra wrote:Thanks for the event guys!

Can't say it was as interesting on horde side though. Major information problems, and the fact that blood elves had to fight alone.
We got squished by Alliance army most of the time, but it was fun nonetheless. ^^
Good thing you reminded me. We did notice a certain confusion on the horde side. You guys don't seem to talk much about things OOCly and we found many hordies not knowing what the other hordies were planning, which lead to many "huh? o_O"'s from your side. Learn to work together! Even only on an OOC level, seeing how some relations between races are not in their best shape.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 pm

You guys don't seem to talk much about things OOCly and we found many hordies not knowing what the other hordies were planning

I missed Rasonal ;_;
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Mandui wrote:Good thing you reminded me. We did notice a certain confusion on the horde side. You guys don't seem to talk much about things OOCly and we found many hordies not knowing what the other hordies were planning, which lead to many "huh? o_O"'s from your side. Learn to work together! Even only on an OOC level, seeing how some relations between races are not in their best shape.

This is the thing. The way the IC situation is on the Horde, the different races rarely ever have much contact and are often spread to different parts of the world instead of being largely concentrated in a single city like Stormwind, and the contact that exists is often dominated by conflicting IC interest.

This means there's never really been such large a need for it that a central place of coordination has evolved. The times when a Horde-guild creates an event involving the entire Horde, it is usually that guild that takes the responsibility of keeping the others informed. Since this was an Alliance-led event, none of the horde guilds were in this position.

It's easy enough to say "work together". It's harder to find enough common ground to work together on, for anyone to find it worth taking the responsibility of coordinating it.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Saevir wrote:
This is the thing. The way the IC situation is on the Horde, the different races rarely ever have much contact and are often spread to different parts of the world instead of being largely concentrated in a single city like Stormwind, and the contact that exists is often dominated by conflicting IC interest.

This means there's never really been such large a need for it that a central place of coordination has evolved. The times when a Horde-guild creates an event involving the entire Horde, it is usually that guild that takes the responsibility of keeping the others informed. Since this was an Alliance-led event, none of the horde guilds were in this position.

It's easy enough to say "work together". It's harder to find enough common ground to work together on, for anyone to find it worth taking the responsibility of coordinating it.
We did inform all the horde guild leaders separately but we can't know the relations the races have with each other ICly. In fact, we don't have to, since what I was pointing out was OOC communication. Sure, the trolls and the belves are not the best friends ICly, but that shouldn't prevent the leaders communicating OOCly with each other. We took it as a given that the horde would handle itself in those regards.

We were already handling the internal communication and planning the movements for the alliance participants. I think it'd be a bit of an overkill to ask from the alliance to coordinate the internal communication/movements of the horde on top of that. Maybe it'd be a good suggestion to appoint a coordinator in cases like this in order to avoid confusion on both sides.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:50 pm

The "thing" is that it was unclear from the very beginning who was the supposed coordinator on the Horde side, which is usually something that's straightened out before the actual campaign begins. Now anyone can start pointing fingers and say just who is really supposed to take care of this matter, but the fact remains that, from what I have heard, not all "leaders" were informed well before the WPvP part of it all started. Imo, at least not the ones that were actually supposed to be made aware well before that.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:The "thing" is that it was unclear from the very beginning who was the supposed coordinator on the Horde side, which is usually something that's straightened out before the actual campaign begins. Now anyone can start pointing fingers and say just who is really supposed to take care of this matter, but the fact remains that, from what I have heard, not all "leaders" were informed well before the WPvP part of it all started. Imo, at least not the ones that were actually supposed to be made aware well before that.
I'm not aware of anyone not being informed actually, unless you mean the few being on vacation. As for the horde leader, it'd make sense for this person to be appointed by the horde itself I believe.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm not here to call names, but from what I'm told, there was actually a leader who wasn't spoken with about the event itself until it was (in my opinion) too late. I'm just glad it wasn't in "my own" territory, because it'd save me a lot of drama-making on these forums, but it's safe to say that, due to the planning of the whole thing, there was a tad too much confusion on the Horde side to be able to properly divide the responsibilities.

As I said, I'm not popping by to point fingers, but I think it's a bit crazy to tell others to L2cooperate when they're not made fully aware of the course/intention of an Alliance-organized campaign.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:09 pm

People are forgetting.

We are all human we all make mistakes they have been noted and talked about and Im sure will be improved for next time.

Now I enjoyed the event even though I was ill for the first few days for it. Having patrols, icly screaming for reinforcements when the horde attacked all in all I would say the event was a success. And soon to come a celebration festival. And cudo's to Shiden and co for this grand event \o/

Last edited by Veia/Aylisha on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:I'm not here to call names, but from what I'm told, there was actually a leader who wasn't spoken with about the event itself until it was (in my opinion) too late. I'm just glad it wasn't in "my own" territory, because it'd save me a lot of drama-making on these forums, but it's safe to say that, due to the planning of the whole thing, there was a tad too much confusion on the Horde side to be able to properly divide the responsibilities.

As I said, I'm not popping by to point fingers, but I think it's a bit crazy to tell others to L2cooperate when they're not made fully aware of the course/intention of an Alliance-organized campaign.
Still not sure what you're on about but okay Smile I was simply surprised to see two of the leaders who were informed before hand, not even knowing that the other's guild is present, that's all Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 pm

The thing about certain groups not being informed was discussed 2 weeks or so ago, it was a "sorry guys, didn't catch you" "don't worry man, it happens" thing in the end.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Veia/Aylisha wrote:We are all human we all make mistakes

I'm a Dwarf!

Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm

The screenshot of this event look awsome. I've not followed the series of plots and even itself, as I've not much time for now to focus on all scene in the same time, but it really give me the desire to participate more to role play event in future.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilraen Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:49 pm

These look sooo awesome. I am so sad I missed this. Reminds me of the good old DB days. Sad

Really looking forward to the next one. Perhaps something based in Kalimdor? (Ashenvale/Dustwallow/Azshara) Doesn't matter anything will be good.
Gilraen
Gilraen

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Im on tha' last pic! I'm on tha bear! (Was OOC though, lookin' an' stuff.)
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Delaney Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Here is the end battle frapsed and edited by Tolaren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtuhRCvCEU8&feature=player_embedded

But you have to have it in HD, the quality is immensely bad when you watch it in normal def ^^

For the alliance!

Gabriel Delaney

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Delaney
Title: High Commander of the Bloodwind Regiment, SI:7 Veteran

http://bloodwind.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next