Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

+47
Cathee Norris
Axebane
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Glaciera
Officer High Morale
Samian/Bismack
Ralegh
Robin Drake
Coppersocket
Paia/Jenit
Jenelle
Izzifix
Demurral
Zaraj
Amaryl
Lavian
Seranita
Sam
Vaell
Tnecniw
Zathoroz
Vardrek/Burgen
Allonia_Miral
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Rinoi
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Skaraa
Adry
Shadesprocket
Tobias Redeye
Grim
Tantzui
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Morgaan
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Kittrina
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Lyniath
Beladon
nope
siegmund
Skarain
51 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 4 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Yeah, I remember the old blackmarket Very Happy but I think it has the same issue of lack of announcement

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 4 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:03 pm

Skarain posted on the day and at least one day leading up to it + had it announced in public channels ingame. Black market was very wekk advertised.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:08 pm

I think that I'll be jumping ship to AD at this rate. I role-play Horde there already and often use the cross-server feature to rp Alliance there too.

With the two biggest social and random rp guilds, Cartel and Regiment, moving I can't really see much hope for DB.

I loved the Council tbh, we had a unique server in the way in which it felt immersive through the hierarchy and server lore. Compared to places like AD, where it's clustered, I found DB a lot more approachable overall.

I'm not sure how to lure more people to DB nowadays, as it'd only be dishonest of me to say that the role-play on our server is not dying. I'm not one of the pessimists that has called it a dead server for years, those guys have their heads up their arses, but with only a few guilds remaining on Alliance side, I think it's finally come to the point where I'll raise the white flag and agree.

Also, Tnec, your motto makes no sense. We're not all the same and even if we were, why wouldn't it be good?!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Well, first of all, they are CONCIDERING moving. It isn't confirmed, PLUS the regiment are staying, just not all of them, it is basicly splitting into two one for AD and one for DB...

also, my Motto refers to me having Asbergers which makes me diffrent in a way but I don't see a fault in that.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:18 pm

I've been levelling an alt there, but in all honesty the scale and levels of pure "meh" on AD RP have been intimidating - I know I keep taking breaks for like a year, but DB has been -the- server I associate with WoW. I'm tentative about trying to break into a new community.

Honestly, it doesn't feel right now like there's enough people to get RP going. It used to be a small enough niche where it'd be quiet, but stuff was going on. Even on WoD release, we had a fair amount of people around doing stuff and SW at least seemed somewhat active - but now it feels like I'm either going to RP with 4 people isolated with Azure Flame, or looking for the like, six/seven people actually RPing in the city.

Tnecniw wrote:Well, first of all, they are CONCIDERING moving. It isn't confirmed, PLUS the regiment are staying, just not all of them, it is basicly splitting into two one for AD and one for DB...

Cartel officially announced moving.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:21 pm

oh, have they? Hmm, well, that makes it a bit easier to create a criminal RP guild I guess (to be honest the huge cartell did kind of strangle down others who tried to create a criminal guild. It was larger more popular, making smaller guild having trouble to find members)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:23 pm

They have no reason to fully stay. The reason the Regiment are trying out AD is because there's so little RP in Stormwind and thus they have no purpose. The Regiment will have a tonne of RP on AD. I'd imagine the major reason they didn't do a huge transfer instantly is because it's not free. You can't truly split a guild across two servers.

That motto still makes no sense though! Everyone is different. You should have gone for something like, "Our differences make us unique."

This one reminded me of Jaden Smith.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(not poking fun at aspergers, just bad quotes)
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 pm

... Welp, I am not speaking to that guy again.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Tnecniw wrote:... Welp, I am not speaking to that guy again.
I'm sorry, I just have a silly humour.
Spoiler:
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:34 pm

It isn't fun really. It is just offensive.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:38 pm

Lighten up, man. I poked fun at a bad quote.

On topic, is Horde side dying?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Good luck being the "boss" guard guild and even better, good luck being the "boss" criminal guild among the 200 ones already existing. My personal opinion, both of the guilds are going to get burned pretty badly but hey, just sayin'.
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Indeed, they will have ALOT of competition and ALOT of bad RPers and assholes, power emoting and making excuses. It is because of the bigger population of course but still... That is really common on AD.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Furenia Krast wrote:Good luck being the "boss" guard guild and even better, good luck being the "boss" criminal guild among the 200 ones already existing. My personal opinion, both of the guilds are going to get burned pretty badly but hey, just sayin'.

Can't speak for the Regiment, but the Cartel's been having a blast so far. There's no need to be the boss guild; in fact, having competition is -GREAT- for these kinds of guilds. Provides something else than just the same old rob civilians and get chased by guards. The Cartel thrives off interacting with other guilds. AD is fertile ground for that kind of dependancy.

Also bad RPers are just as common on Defias. The main difference is that the majority of the good ones aren't burnt out on AD.

Last edited by Ixirar/Kavalis on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:50 pm

HEY! No promoting AD on this forum >Sad
(kidding, but this thread is for trying to "save" Defias Rp not boost AD rp)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm just responding to your points. If you don't want response, don't make the point.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Yeah, of course... Very Happy I guess I just have a bit of a grudge against AD (personal reasons)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Furenia Krast wrote:Good luck being the "boss" guard guild and even better, good luck being the "boss" criminal guild among the 200 ones already existing. My personal opinion, both of the guilds are going to get burned pretty badly but hey, just sayin'.

Can't speak for the Regiment, but the Cartel's been having a blast so far. There's no need to be the boss guild; in fact, having competition is -GREAT- for these kinds of guilds. Provides something else than just the same old rob civilians and get chased by guards. The Cartel thrives off interacting with other guilds. AD is fertile ground for that kind of dependancy.

Also bad RPers are just as common on Defias. The main difference is that the majority of the good ones aren't burnt out on AD.

Again, just the population is intimidating. I've no idea where I'd manage to fit in.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:01 pm

I have had a guild there and trust me... It can be quite a clusterfuck.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:12 pm

I rather have -more- RPers than none. AD is great for me. I RP, because I want to RP. And I can do that on AD. A lot of RP. Personal preference of course.
Sam
Sam

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 pm

I guess I'm on ad.. well not so much because it has people (which it does ofc.) But well... because most of the people I knew well on DB are on AD now. I am sorry, but I just don't really know rest quite well, and when I returned to DB I found my chat channels empty and my friendlist grey. Heck even the Gilnean channel is empty, and I got in on it by trickin' folk and huntin' worgen!
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:55 pm

I would like to remind you all that this thread is about how can we promote Roleplaying on Defias Brotherhood. If the server can not offer you what you seek, by all means, you have the right to leave. While the news of several guilds changing boats may be a relevant announcement, i would appreciate if the thread could now continue it original purpose, to discuss promoting Roleplaying on DB - by luring new people into roleplaying here.

Arabella Greene wrote:We use to do that anyway. There use to be a bi weekly market but the guy that ran that moved to AD.
Skarain also use to run a bi weekly Blackmarket that was on alternate weeks to the other one I just mentioned. Fortunately, our SkaSka will stay forever because he is a stubborn mule (and a good guy), so that will be returning shortly.
That all actually started with The Underforge that i started to host in Jan/Feb of 2013 every 2nd week or so. Last year before WoD, at the time of the Crimson Rose Syker/Kayle and i talked, and he started a more public market event of his own on the days that i did not host - as part of his job as the Minister of Trade.

Sure, the Market went on a break when WoD came, as i had turn my RP focus to other things temporarily, but now i am back again and start the events again with hopefully no stops again.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Skarain posted on the day and at least one day leading up to it + had it announced in public channels ingame. Black market was very wekk advertised.

Yes, i had a macro that i dropped in LFRP, General and Trade sometimes, also forum bumps. Will be doing the same thing even this time.

---

As for the market post itself, i'll get it posted on Wednesday i think. First one will be on Friday. Just keeping busy with other things so no time to finish it yet.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:57 pm

luring new people into roleplaying here.

I think there's a problem if we view it as "luring", like we have to trick people into coming here XD
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:24 pm

THANKS Skarain. This thread had started to become slightly depressing. You are a great pillar of Defias RP and Defias brotherhood in general Very Happy also I would really like a new string of black markets Very Happy

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next