Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with my characters Rp.

+10
Brigs Morgan
Allonia_Miral
Lexgrad
Skarain
Tantzui
Raene
Charlie Blazesong
Izzifix
nope
Nuxana
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need help with my characters Rp. Empty Need help with my characters Rp.

Post by Nuxana Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

Basically I rp a death knight but do not enjoy it, My main is a mage who is pretty much the same character ic as my death knight, My mage was turned into a death knight for rp but the problem is now that I want to rp with my mage I cant because hes technically dead ic.

I spoke to some friends in an rp guild im in and figured out a way to be able to rp as my mage again which brings me to why i am posting here, I am in great need of a warlock or someone who has experience with souls and transferring them into others bodys, The rp would basically take my soul (Which even as a death knight i have access to) and place it inside a new and living body..the down side being that the soul taken out of the living body would have no where to go.

If I have peaked your interest please feel free to leave and comment/suggestion or provide help in WoW Smile I'm usually on my mage whos name is Nuxana, My death knights name is Núxána.

Hope to hear from someone soon Smile

Nuxana

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Need help with my characters Rp. Empty Re: Need help with my characters Rp.

Post by nope Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:05 pm

As far as I know, the soul-transferring thing was a spell Gul'dan did. Eg really really powerful.

Is it possible you could just retcon the character? It'd be kind of fiddly I know, what with all the Rp done, but having a spell that OP done to your character is difficult to pull off. Eg "why are they deciding to use their super powerful resources on giving this Death knight a live body and this living pleb a Death knight one" is tough to answer and might get some brows raised if you try to apply for guilds. It also makes consent a bit hellish if your character gets a romantic relationship because it's not technically their body.

Other than that, I don't know any warlock Rpers. I'm gonna guess this is a Horde thing since your race is listed as Blood elf, you could try asking around for cult/eebil type guilds with a warlock, maybe you could work something mutual out.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:09 pm

You need someone unethical and powerful.

You also need a soul gem to place that leftover soul in so that the unethical and powerful person can use it at a more convenient time. Or just keep as a pet. The soul-gem use is your best lore excuse for stuff like this anyway.

If you're Horde, I'd recommend finding a forsaken to work with.

I'd also highly recommend that the body donor is rped by a player too for some reason. I dunno, maybe it's just that it's evil on such a horrifying scale that you shouldn't handwave it with DMing.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:17 pm

My warlock which is mostly an event character is powerful enough to do it but it doesnt benefit him much(as in I doubt he'd see any use for it.), also isnt this how the first gen death knights were made?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuxana Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks for both of the replys.

only just googled what retcon was :s not even sure what I could do to my character.

Thanks dwyburn the soul gem idea is fantastic ^-^

Ah I see charlie :s it seems tho your a human and after all im a blood elf :s, Not entirely sure how the first gen dks we're made tbh.

Nuxana

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 pm

They basically put the souls of warlocks into dead knights of the Alliance, and my warlock knows no boundries. If he sees an opurtunity he takes it no matter the cost. He isn't alligned with the alliance, he dwells other places where he is less likely to have people try to run him down. If you want it done I can think out a reason, but I fear he would want something out of it. And i'm not sure if your character would still technically be undead due to how souls and such works.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuxana Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Well the whole point is that my character gets to exist inside a living body, if your warlock would be willing to help (or could be convinced to) i would be very grateful ^-^

Nuxana

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Those who know my characters, there are potential spoilers in here. I HIGHLY advise you don't open this up if you care for story:
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuxana Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Raene wrote:
Those who know my characters, there are potential spoilers in here. I HIGHLY advise you don't open this up if you care for story:

Would send you a private message but even tho I have not sent a single pm to anyone apparently I have reached my limit..

Nuxana

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:50 pm

I would chat here, but I want to try and limit the amount of spoilers going on for people watching my characters stories.

If you can't add me on Skype as Senariul, I'll jump back into this thread in an hours time after work to put my BTag in here.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Are you playing on Alliance or Horde?

I might also have a Goblin for the work. If you got the money, ethics can be ignored and no explanations needed. Let the money talk!

Never done any soul transferring RP tho, but could give it a try if you're up to it.
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Iso#2644 just in case you need it.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:11 pm

My main, Skarain, the Worgen Mage that is my forum name, profile picture was an Apprentice to an Undead Draenei Necromancer, who was a Mage in life, but in WotLK got turned into a DK.

Said player, who was both a Mage and Death Knight used a Mage, Death Knight and Priest all to roleplay out her character.

In her case, she kinda got away with the fact that all Draenei eyes glow, and on top of that she used Illusions to cover up the sunken features.

You -can- roleplay a Death Knight (Undead) who have gone back into robes and magic NP. Just emote out an unholy aura + any physical features not hidden with magic.

Just tossing this out here among other possibilities.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:06 am

Do not under any circumstances do anything to your DK that makes them more living. It firstly is not the point of the class and it makes a mockery of every other DK. Think of it this way, if your DK can feel alive again that simply why would any other undead not do the same?

The point of Death Knight RP is that there is no real escape at all, even death may not bring a DK peace. It is "to be or not to be" on speed RP, if the DK kills itself can they be sure there suffering would be over. DK RP is bbased on a char that suffers every day and has to cope with that, or perhaps fail at it.

Now my advise to anyone who wants to be a living, loving, drinking DK is this. Make a Warrior and gibve him black armour and a dark sword and be a "living shadow knights" of some kind. Take the RP you want and let DKs be DKs. I would just make a new char if I was you.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:19 am

They're not turning an undead alive, they're shoving the individual into a live body. There'd still be a Dk somewhere.

Personally I'd go with Skarain's option or retcon but it's up to you. What is making the Death knight as-is not fun? Lack of proper mage spells?
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:29 am

I'm with Lex.

Though as for shoving it into a living body, it should at least come with some strings. Like having to get a new body once in a while because it keeps dying and decaying on you or something. That could actually be cool.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:48 am

Last rules apply about spoilers for those familliar with my characters.:
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:44 am

I don't think you can just shove a dk's soul into a living body anyhow. The foresaken/ebon blade would all be doing it. Retcon or make a new character mirroring the one you play now would be best maybe? I'm all for bending lore in favour for fun but in my opionon soul swapping anything that ain't a lock is a bit messy, especially undead to living. They died and had their soul torn back against there will as well as had their emotions tampered and dulled. I'd assumed their soul is too scarred or corrupt or whatever.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Moving a soul into another body makes the body undead, that's how the original DKs are made and all that. I think soulstones are mostly just for game mechanics; they're not really brought up elsewhere. THAT BEING SAID, I have absolutely zero problem personally and I don't think anyone should really take issue with a char being "ressed" in any way, due to lore or other reasons*. So long as nobody tries to claim "this is how the lore works," you can do whatever you want. I think it's cool that you're trying to get it as believable as possible. People make mistakes, RP is no exception, and I've seen quite a few cool rituals and other situations meant to bring a dead character back to life.

And you're right, DKs are pretty boring to RP, they aren't really social, etc. I hope you do find a way that works one way or another, and that the result is fun to play Smile

* Exception being villains/antagonists that other players have put forth effort to get rid of; it's unfair and frustrating if they just "respawn" back, imo, especially repeatedly.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:08 pm

I think soulstones are mostly just for game mechanics

For one case i know that's not too true is a quest for goblins, where you got to kill a warlock. I'd not put them on the game mechanics only thing. But they are not really a well explained thing, so it's up to peoples interpritation!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah, they ARE in a quest or two, hence the "mostly;" there's so much more lore around soul transfer -> undead, though, that I'd tend to stick with that. After all, the Blizz writers don't know what the hell they're doing half the time Neutral Hence there's no real reason getting too worked up about it anyway.

A random example that I like is the pet flavor text for one of the turtle minipets that claims Nagas are terrified of turtles, when in fact they're known to use ferocious Dragon Turtles as war beasts xD
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Nare Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:40 am

One of my characters can offer you different option than those mentioned above. I'm not opening it further here, but do poke me in game if you wish Smile
Nare
Nare

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:24 pm

I wouldn't transfer a soul from an undead body to a living one. Wouldn't Sylvanas have figured that out? She is bitter about being undead and come to embrace it because she has to. The Forsaken as a whole come off as angry at the living for just being alive. A war mongering envy that characterises their 'race'. By finding a method to move your soul from an undead host to a living one seems like you pretty much just crush the purpose/motivation of the Forsaken. As cool as the rp sounds, I just think it's one of those things where you should wait and see if it's ever possible by lore characters before attempting it yourself. It's not like you're performing a harmless spell that turns grapes into apples, you're performing magic that has huge implications.

Undead can use magic. Can't you somehow remove your character's connection to its blade and become an undead mage instead? That seems more plausible.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:38 pm

I think the reason the Forsaken aren't doing it en-masse is because it's a really, really overpowered Gul'dan-used-it spell. It would be kinda resource-heavy.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:11 pm

nope wrote:I think the reason the Forsaken aren't doing it en-masse is because it's a really, really overpowered Gul'dan-used-it spell.  It would be kinda resource-heavy.
"Gul'dan did it" also heavily implies that "it" has a hefty price tag attached. Think Faustian bargains, the WoD cinematic's "Everything" comment etc.

Edit:
The one thing the forsaken take pride in is their Freedom from the scourge. Even if able to do something like suggested in this thread en masse, I seriously doubt they'd give away their freedom to the Legion even if it would give them life back.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next