Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanishing characters

+17
Lexgrad
Grufftoof
Tuomas/Decurius
Seranita
Cemdor
Vaell
Cid
Darilas
Ixirar
Littlepip
Muzjhath
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Dorothee/Duvaineth
siegmund
Chase - Esou
Sohan
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vanishing characters Empty Vanishing characters

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:00 am

Okay, another one of my crazy topics once again, but this time more personal.

If a person decides that wow no longer holds any interest to them and quits the game when their character is already IC going to get married what can we do about it?

Currently Ranela is never online and is hindering Character progress for Thor which is a real problem for me. Thor would never break up, never harm or do anything for the relationship to end, so I'm stuck with her. Now I'm not saying I have gone bored of her just that she could have been online more often.

Do we cancel the wedding to she comes back or do I have to go trough with it OOC? (Which I really hate doing.)
What can I do to end the relationship between Thor and Ranela without breaking character? (Only if she doesn't show up.)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Vanishing characters Empty Re: Vanishing characters

Post by Sohan Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am

Let me put it this way.

You decide to marry a girl IRL but she's never around and rarely wants to do stuff with you. Would you still marry her?
Don't let someone else stop your RP, if they aren't online - move on.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am

Warcraft is a world of strife. People disappear all the time! Just RP around it.

"Nothing."
"People just disappear."
"The earth just... opens up and swallows them."
"Eerie. Really eerie."
"Listen, you'll have to excuse me."
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:36 am

Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 am

Oooor, just have her as an NPC plot effect. "The wife at home" (I'm sure that has to be a TV-Trope)

A figure Thor is forever loyal to, but is "At home with the children". And tests his faith.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah not much else to do what has been said. Happens now and then somewhat important characters just stop being around at random. If the person won't come back eithe say she is always somewhere off or that she disappered or well she fell off a cliff ( She is blind! ). It shouldn't hinder your RP somethimes you just have to move on like nothing happened.

The overall situation is like this:

Vanishing characters Requiem_of_a_warlock_97_by_silferdrake-d5dofk4
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:45 am

Marry Duv she wants to get her citizen ship Razz A wonderful undead companion she would be. Perfect to cheat on with a legit excuse Smile
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:05 pm

I have a feeling Dorothee would hesitate marrying a Paladin and to be honest if this was suggested IC he would die laughing.

I have made it so she is in the kitchen all day and all night and is almost never far away from the house, from this day she has a week on her to return. If she doesn't return in that time she will die somehow.. Either by falling down a cliff (Killing her baby q.q) Or just vanish again. I will probably go for dying since I em a hateful "Little" man.

I dislike it when people are holding back Character progress and possible roleplay, especially when it is as important as it is now.

This is the plan anyway and I em skeptic about it since I would end the roleplay of someone, is this the right thing to do?
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Don't just say her character is dead without asking her OOC for permission to do so.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I agree with Sohan. You can't know why she suddenly stopped playing the game, man. Something important might be going on IRL.

I suggest keeping the "I have made it so she is in the kitchen all day and all night and is almost never far away from the house" thing going.
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 pm

See thisis where my RP mind differs from the majority. You are looking for a way to extract from this situation with honour. You do not need to be the good guy ic about it. Cheat on her, Marry someone else, be a dick about it ic Very Happy

There are so many more interesting ways to play it than honourably withdrawing.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Dumb 'dat ho by text message, yo.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Thor, you can't kill her off as she's not your character to kill off.

I think your attitude is very selfish here: My roleplay needs go before his(her) priorities. because its so important now.

Now, ofcourse your RP doesn't stop there. but instead of forcing her potential future roleplay, how about you just adapt to the situation? She left you.

Ha! roleplay with that.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Thorvald wrote:I have a feeling Dorothee would hesitate marrying a Paladin and to be honest if this was suggested IC he would die laughing.

I have made it so she is in the kitchen all day and all night and is almost never far away from the house, from this day she has a week on her to return. If she doesn't return in that time she will die somehow.. Either by falling down a cliff (Killing her baby q.q) Or just vanish again. I will probably go for dying since I em a hateful "Little" man.

I dislike it when people are holding back Character progress and possible roleplay, especially when it is as important as it is now.

This is the plan anyway and I em skeptic about it since I would end the roleplay of someone, is this the right thing to do?
Here I differ.
I wouldn't see her being missing as holding back character development/progress. (Aside from on the character played by missing person).
I'd see it as an opportunity for me to RP around it.
"So, I'm married, and my wife quit her adventuring days to raise our family! Oh? Where they are? Back home!"
Then you add pains, and small things, to show this. Sit and write letters home. Complain about missing the family.
Use it to grow your character.
You'll also never get put in the same situation ("wife" that leaves you, because your wife will be in your control).

This scenario here is how by far the largest amount of "Married" relationship in the history of roleplay has played out. It shouldn't limit you.
If Thor ever meets a female he might fancy it'll give you more character progression and intresting RP than if not (imo). Since it'd challange his morals. He has a wife, yet likes someone else!
Crisis of faith and all that jazz!

(The reason I'd never have a character "marry" someone when RPing on a game like this. People coming and going make's it too volotile. I'd only ever go with the "girl at home" scenario unless I had a wife, or did it with a good RL friend or so that I knew wouldn't stop playing until I did (hypothetically))
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:44 pm

You can be my wife Muz.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Lexgrad wrote:You can be my wife Muz.

No be mine, best help so far.

New decision! She moves back to Darnasuss to take care of the child in her tummy(:3) and stays there, that way I don't need to fear her suddenly popping into the city with another girl in mah lap.(Which is very unlikely.)

If Ranela don't show up today I will just say that we did it OOC, it might be boring but it is better then killing her.

Amaryl wrote:Thor, you can't kill her off as she's not your character to kill off.

I think your attitude is very selfish here: My roleplay needs go before his(her) priorities. because its so important now.

Now, ofcourse your RP doesn't stop there. but instead of forcing her potential future roleplay, how about you just adapt to the situation? She left you.

Ha! roleplay with that.

Your right I can be a bit selfish sometimes, and about why she cant disappear? Well because that would mean my character can't get over that she is just -gone- and that he will be patient enough to wait for her return. If she were to die Thor would eventually come over it and live on.
But never mind that it is still selfish and I won't go trough with it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Thorvald wrote:I have a feeling Dorothee would hesitate marrying a Paladin and to be honest if this was suggested IC he would die laughing.

Putting your character in a position where you rely on someone else to provide character progression for you is definitely NOT the right thing to do. Sure, it sucks if you marry someone who then is never around, but unless your character concept is "Guy who is married to this particular chick" without any further thought or development behind it, you can do other stuff to progress your character without being dependant on anybody.

And you certainly can't kill off somebody else's character just because they're inactive. In fact, the sentiment that you NEED to decide what happens to her character is quite unreasonable. Why not just say that she's not around and leave it to HER to decide what her character is up to? Why do you NEED to control her character in order to progress your own? Can't your character just be independant?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Dari's son is in boarding school. Hopeless kid *Nod*
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Do a 'Happy Gilmore' when he can't deal with his girlfriend leaving him. Whenever someone asks about her, just come up with an elaborate reason that doesn't make it look like your fault:

"She joined the Darkmoon Faire."
"The Crocolisk in the canals ate her."
"She fell from Teldrassil."
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Vaell wrote:Do a 'Happy Gilmore' when he can't deal with his girlfriend leaving him. Whenever someone asks about her, just come up with an elaborate reason that doesn't make it look like your fault:

Yes! This!!!!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Vaell wrote:Do a 'Happy Gilmore' when he can't deal with his girlfriend leaving him. Whenever someone asks about her, just come up with an elaborate reason that doesn't make it look like your fault:

Apart from it being a wonderful idea, wasn't that from 'The Wedding Singer'?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Good question... All I know is

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Not the bit I was referring to!
Spoiler:
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Also

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Adam Sandler is awesome. Keep posting videos like that, lol.
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next