Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite characters from RP

+22
Bradley
Sadok
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Grim
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Adry
Krogon Devilstep
Baji
Muzjhath
Rinoi
Anivitas
Thondalar Stormleaf
Raene
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Robin Drake
siegmund
Rashka
Lyniath
Amaryl
Thelos
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite characters from RP Empty Favorite characters from RP

Post by Thelos Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:31 pm

The premise of this thread is very simple. You name your favorite characters from RP here and explain why it is you like them so much, the only rule being that they cannot be your own characters.

So, is this just one giant circlejerk? Yeah, possibly; probably, but whatever. I primarily created this thread to have a place to reminisce about the good times I had with some of my favorite characters. A little like a funeral wake, except I'm the one who died, since I don't play the game anymore.

Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order.

Arenfel - human mage.

I have always had a soft spot for characters that are close to the ideal of their class and Arenfel is as pure of an archmage that I have ever encountered while role-playing. That's not to say his character is basic or dull - far from it. From swan-hats to magical dolls, you never know what this Wonka of the arcane will come up with next. And that's the main thing I enjoyed about the Arenfel character: his boundless creativity. I can't even begin to sum up the cazy magic this bearded enigma came up with, though I distinctly remember horses being catapulted.

Fortesgue - human priest.

Speaking of characters that are close to the ideal of their class...I give you Bishop Fortesgue! I know that I am not the only one when I say that, for me, Fortesgue will always be the ultimate priest. Amidst zealots and idiots, Fortesgue was always a precious force of common sense and reason where it was most needed. This was a churchfather that did not hesistate to smack the young squires on the head with his staff whenever they were being too reckless. I make him sound out like some cranky codger now, but Fortesgue was certainly not without a sense of humor, either. Whenever you saw that characteristic white cardinal's hat standing on the Cathedral stairs, you knew the Lighties needn't fear losing their way; they were in good hands.

Jeanpierre - human priest.

Jeanpierre fumbles his robes - you know a character is characteristic when he has his own trademark emote that everybody recognizes. The humble and kind Jeanpierre stands out as a realized ideal of role-playing I myself was never really able to attain: the blank slate that learns exclusively trough role-play. By the time I got to know this character he was already quite experienced, but from what I gathered he started out as a rookie whose mind was as white as his robes. Most characters already start out having a particular set of skills, but to build up such a well-rounded character from nothing exclusively trough having him taught trough role-play is an achievement worth recognizing. The fruits of all this labor really shone trough this character: he was very well-rounded and always pleasant to interact with.

Delidah - night elf/blood elf/goblin mage.

Delidah is a character that changed shapes and forms many times as she changed factions and races. Though at the very core, she always remained the same know-it-all, spoiled and annoying brat of a mage. Her fidgety disappearing and re-appearing using blink and invisibility really gets under one's nerves. Truly this was one giant troll of a character, which is ironic since troll is one of the few races that she neve changed into.

Drustai - dreanei priest/mage/death knight.

Ah, Drustai...Or should I say Drustaí? Or was it Drustaì? It is, of course, awnser D: all of the above. Drustai truly was - and I use this word sparingly - a complicated character. She was both a practitioner of dark and forbidden magics and a devout believer in the Holy Light. She was aware of her own sinfulness better than any true believer but also somehow simultaneously believed that what she was doing was right. How did this living paradox of beliefs keep functioning? I never truly found out, but I sure as hell had a fantastic time trying to.

Sophyra - ??? warlock.

Sophyra, Sophyra! What an unpredictable delight you were. I have seen her in dwarf and human forms and I have no doubt that I missed quite a few more. Sophyra was always plotting some mischief and often played the long game with astonishing patience befitting an immortal demon like she claimed to be. Hell, she once participated in the Stormwind Council for months, acting as a normal councillor, just to look for opportunities to sow discord! I got the opportunity to both play as an ally and as an enemy of Sophyra, so I got to see many sides of her and none of these sides seem to match up to make a complete whole. This character was truly an enigma.

Haluthious - forsaken warlock

Haluthious for me epitomized the kind of Forsaken character I enjoyed the most: subservient to the other Horde races while somehow always talking down to them on the one hand, while preparing to stab them in the back with the other. Always the diplomat, Haluthious had a way with words, in the sense that he knew a lot of them; here was one character whose biggest superpower seemed to be his vocabulary.

Braiden - human warlock(?)

I honestly can't remember what class the Braiden character was; I'm guessing warlock; a cloth class, at least. Could have been a mage for all I know: his class wasn't what made the character memorable for me. What made Braiden memorable was the sheer amount of fear and respect that name alone commanded. For a little while, Braiden was synonymous with "The Man" (or the Council, if you will) and that man was always rumored to be corrupt, though nobody ever seemed to manage proving this public secret. Even though I interacted very little with this character, for me he was synonymous with the "corrupt noble" archetype. A character that manages to have so much influence and become so well-known and ominpresent commands respect.
---

That’s all I got for now, but I am sure to add more to my list when I suffer another attack of nostalgia.

What are some of your favorite characters, DBRP?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Favorite characters from RP Empty Re: Favorite characters from RP

Post by Amaryl Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm

CircleJerk! Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Honestly I really remember people I like OOC and their characters. Though there's been very few times I've seen a char I like IC and not gone to follow up OOC with a hello
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm on the Sophyra boat with you Thelos, i loved that char so much. Even these days I'm still longing for the RP she provided me.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Good many that I liked, but not that many I knew too well or had that many interactions of those. Some here already stated I wish i knew, some I wish I had RPed with more.

I'll mention Dwyburn though mainly the same-named priest char. He has others too but not many others i've met with not least for more time! Dark skined priest with a end that game feelz and a star wars refrence Braiden being Palpatine and the other Mace Windu. But one way or another for a priest quite rutheless and with plenty of scars and secrets many hidden. For such a simple one from first glance was a char that had a lot behind him that I always wanted to know more. Just like a interesting story. That's pretty much for other characters I found interesting some I even hardly met in person a lot.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:35 am

Stevethebard.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:25 am

Brigs Morgan and neverwas.

Amazing. Simply amazing.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:43 am

Lavian

In my opinion the best Death Knight character on the server. There is so much depth to the character it's unreal. The way Lavian is played you are fully sucked in and engrossed by everything that is Clara Dawson, never doubting a second of it.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:31 am

I did thoroughly enjoy Neverwas and Neveris. They did make me smile.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:18 am

Oh light, there is so many on my list of favorites.

Feral is my alltime favorite character. He has given my chars so much character development in ways I could never imagine, and he is brilliant at making fun and exiting plots. The char have given me endless hours of great fun, and I simply adore him.

I think if I were to mention all my favorites, I'd be typing for hours. There is not many I do not enjoy playing with. I love most of you guys <3
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Brigs Morgan wrote:Brigs Morgan and neverwas.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Haha <3
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:29 pm

I don't think I'm able to say these are my favorite characters. Since I've met so many and some are better or more interesting than others, but archetypes are plenty. There aren't any characters that stand out like; woah that char is awesome. Because the char is awesome. For me that's always a reflection of the person behind the character and what he does.

Which is always a reflection of OOC work to generate RP, and not necessarily a reflection of the RP of the character himself. So any list of favourite characters for me would just be a list of people I enjoyed RPing with over the years friends and foes even if they weren't any good or original or well executed. And as such I don't think my list would have any merit besides Yeah we had fun because of circumstances.

That said:

My Favourite character to RP with is Kargathan. Chrystan's Evil Alt. The nemesis to Amy, and the evil plots got soo ridiculous the RP was pretty fun. From a crusifixion to being trapped in a fantasy book where we had to crawl out of, to the weird dream sequence plot where we went from scenario to scenario of present past and future wishes hopes and horrors scenario. To simply slitting a throat mercilessly. The weird fun yet creepy events we got out of that relationship is fun as hell.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Many of the characters Thelos mentions I agree with wholeheartedly. Many others spring to mind as well, but I’ll leave it as these two additional ones for now, as they were the first to enter my head.

Fran’cala Lomonde - night elf rogue.

O Captain, my Captain! The swashbuckling bard, Captain of the Screaming Duckling. Singing songs, sharing stories, bravely leading the charge… (before vanishing). Although he was entirely untrustworthy, he carried himself with such bravoure that I could not help to be swept along. No doubt losing some valuables along the way.

Helmut Spoon - gnome rogue.

Although I don’t know him very well, and only saw him on a few occasions, the idea of a grubby, sneaky gnome spy-master with death-knight bodyguards is terrifying. I’ll remember fondly how he showed up after the Band’s great adventure through Pandaria. Offering his congratulations and then proceeding to claim taxes on the acquired treasure. For the Alliance!
Rinoi
Rinoi

Character sheet
Name: Rinoi Du'nai
Title: The Chief

http://bandofthebrave.host-power.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Tziak - Arguably evil troll warlord.
While I didn't interact all that much with the third emperor of the Second Gurubashi Empire directly he was an imposing figure in the community (at least Horde side). Had some fantastic public discourse RP on the old blizzard realm forum.

Kozgugore - Fat orc
If we leave the OOC side of this being one of the best guild leaders I've had aside. RPwise and in the community Koz has been a great enjoyment for me. From first being opposed to him in the sixty, to being a member of his tribe. To later on a different character being a slightly psychotic bodyguard.

Morgeth
A character that on avarage was just a joy to roleplay with. Likely caused by the large amount of interaction between her and several of my characters. But on avarage just a joy.

While, as Amaryl this might not be the favorites from RP. It's characters I've either interacted a lot with directly and had a golden time from. Or characters that's given me a lot to role play against. Even if plots to take vengeance against some characters fall through quickly when informed of some history on why it's a bad idea.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:17 pm

I miss the Sixty.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:00 pm

While he was quite contraversial, Mansfield was always pretty entertaining. Always enjoyed that character a lot, and was sad when he quit/left

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:14 am

I always enjoyed roleplaying with a little Pandaren called Tianyu. We had great chemistry and I always enjoyed interacting with him and his character.

Grogglefutz the Goblin and Naeemh the Tauren are always characters I've enjoyed roleplaying with as well.

Logush, I think his name is, in the Red Blades always seems to go out of his way to interact with others as well, and when people do that it leaves an impression. I enjoy roleplaying witch such people.

Doesn't really count as "favourite character" but I also met Shadopao (Paozi?) on the Horde side once while I was struggling to find a place for my character and I enjoyed and appreciated that encounter a lot, even though it was brief.
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Seconded on Paozi/ShadoPao.

I really should post my own 'thanks' to the lovely characters that have stuck out throughout the years but I'm much more interested in the circlejerk and seconding peoples opinions.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 pm

A post with my own favourites will likely come in the next few days.

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:05 pm

I'm honoured that you'd list me as one of your favourite characters.

P.S. having a blast with your guild, wishing you were here xxxx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 pm

wait what, i posted this in WoD thread-- Hnnnghh....
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Timna and Skarain are both excellent at making conversations flow during RP without becoming boring.

I've barely even met either of them.

P.s
Braiden was brilliant, although I sometimes would spend a little time waiting for his replies, I always found them worth waiting for. The sheer amount of intimidation and dominance his character radiated was unlike most I've ever come across, yet, it was quite obvious that his character somehow also was a human being, who wanted acceptance, respect, peers to converse with, normal things. Braiden wouldn't have been misplaced in A song of ice and fire. That says something.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Tiffane was the perfect Blood Elf.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Sadok for always putting me on edge and testing me! I doubt he's even aware he has this effect on me but I try to RP Grim as being a little intellectual at times, and interacting with Sadok really forces me to think about and prove that!
Basically, he roleplays an intellectual orc very, very well.

Danroth is one of the funniest characters I've ever roleplayed with. The sheer insanity that this character causes is unbelievable.

Roed is another plain crazy character that is a delight to roleplay with and has had a truly formative effect on how Grim turned out as a character.

There's lots of characters I love interacting with, or I wouldn't roleplay with them!

Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:13 pm

I've never had a favourite character. Though I've caught myself going "ooooooooo that's so cool" during key moments.

Paozi's take on Mistweaving, and using the teeth of a Jade Dragon statue as acupuncture needles was hella cool.

The Hawke brothers, Trianon and Eiden, were great. I loved their calmness and professionalism during a period where everyone was literally exploding with anger and vitriol.

There are others but my memory is very poor at times and I should of written them down ;_;
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next