Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest

+13
Tantzui
Kyph
Rashka
Howl
Groshnok
erwtenpeller
Sedah Grimshade
Izzifix
Ixirar
Sanara
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Shyrendora
Grim
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest Empty The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest

Post by Grim Thu May 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Is your character a renegade?

Are your guild a sneaky bunch of reprobates?

If so, how about proving how badass you are?!

After some discussions with a couple of other guilds it's been decided that we will run and host an IC PVP contest. This will be a knockout tournament with IC and OOC prizes for the top 3 fighters.

There'll be certain OOC rules of course:
1) No tank specs
2) No healer specs
3) Follow arena rules, so no spells with cooldowns of over 5 minutes
4) No stealth or stealth-like effects for longer than 30 seconds at a time
5) More rules to be decided upon if required
6) This will probably be Horde only, unless inclusion of scumbag Alliance folk can be sorted out in a stress-free manner

The location will be the Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn, kindly donated by the lovely Second Gurubashi Empire (who will also be taking part!)

The date is yet to be confirmed, as it depends on a few IC things, but this thread will be updated as and when things are sorted out.

So, if you or your guild are interested then either reply here, or let me know via PM or in-game!

The date is to be Thursday, July 10th, kicking off at 20:30 server time!

1st prize is the IC title of 'Outast's Champion' and 1000 gold! And an IC magic weapon or armour!

2nd prize is 750 gold and an IC magic weapon or armour!

3rd prize is 500 gold and an IC magic weapon or armour!

Last edited by Grim on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest Empty Re: The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest

Post by Shyrendora Thu May 22, 2014 9:54 pm

My blue thumbs up to this Smile looking forward to it. Let me know what I can do to help!
Shyrendora
Shyrendora

Character sheet
Name: Shyrendora'shan
Title: Empress / Spirit Talker

Back to top Go down

The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest Empty Re: The Outcast Champion - IC PVP Contest

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Fri May 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Glorious! Here goes hoping that I'll get some proper gear before it starts.  Razz 
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri May 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Grim wrote:1) No tank specs

Aaand I'm out. My only Horde character able to PvP is my Blood DK, and she ain't got the gear to stand up in a fight without the advantage of Blood self-healing Razz
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri May 23, 2014 6:38 pm

If you PVP as a blood DK, you're a piece of shit anyways.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri May 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:If you PVP as a blood DK, you're a piece of shit anyways.
It's the only way I know of getting a reasonable success rate in Arathi Basin. Get a pocket healer. Get pocket dps. Move where the team needs to be to cap what needs capping. Behind your bloody, undead back, every feels comfortable taking refuge.

Sorry bout the offtopic. Event looks lovely though, I know that a good few alliance players would love the same thing too.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat May 24, 2014 10:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let's keep the snarky comments elsewhere thanks!

So far we've got my very own Blood Wolves, the Marauders and the Gurubashi involved!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:03 pm

A date is set!

Check the first post, updated!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:43 pm

I want to join. But Rashka is no outcast D:
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sedah Grimshade Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:10 am

Sedah approves. I will seek you out, Grim, to discuss whether the Hand is shady enough to participate.
Sedah Grimshade
Sedah Grimshade

Character sheet
Name: Sedah Grimshade
Title: High Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:49 am

Question: It's unclear from the original post if you need to be a member of one of the guilds deemed shady enough to participate, or if loose characters with no guild affiliations can turn up.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:29 am

Blood Wolves and Red Blades have a long history of not getting along. Just leave your tabard at home and be all like "I'm here to kick gnads and take names!" and it'll probably be fine.

But if your Red Blade boss finds out you've been cuddling with the wildlings, you might get in trouble for it.

* These are all assumptions made from 6-month-old horde knowledge, things might have changed by now who knows.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for the replies and the interest!

Sedah - I'm holidaying in sunny Norway soon so won't be around much IC for the next week or so. I should be back online by the 1st of July though if you can wait that long.
If not, then speak to any of my erstwhile colleagues within the Blood Wolf Clan, either IC or OOC, for more information.

Rashka; exactly what erwtenpeller says. Individuals from OotRB can come if they fancy slumming it with us scumbags, but the tribe itself isn't welcome. But, any who do show up should bear in mind the IC dislike the Blood Wolves have for the tribe, and the tribe have for the Blood Wolves.

Ixirar / Kavalis - individuals are more than welcome. While the 'big three' participants are the Blood Wolves, the Gurubashi Empire and the Shatterskull Marauders I very much want unaffiliated individuals attending!

One other thing I wanted to add is this... If the event gets lolled, trolled or otherwise ganked into oblivion we'll head to a Horde zone and resort to duels.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Groshnok Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:00 am

When the champion arises:

Groshnok
Groshnok

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:58 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Blood Wolves and Red Blades have a long history of not getting along. Just leave your tabard at home and be all like "I'm here to kick gnads and take names!" and it'll probably be fine.

But if your Red Blade boss finds out you've been cuddling with the wildlings, you might get in trouble for it.

* These are all assumptions made from 6-month-old horde knowledge, things might have changed by now who knows.

The char in mind isn't affiliated with the Red Blades, hence why I asked about characters with no guild affiliations.

Ixirar / Kavalis - individuals are more than welcome. While the 'big three' participants are the Blood Wolves, the Gurubashi Empire and the Shatterskull Marauders I very much want unaffiliated individuals attending!

Suh-weet. I'll probably be there, then.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Shame... I would have enjoyed being a part of this although I own no horde characters.
Howl
Howl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 am

Yea Grim.. I thought about that. But then I also thought about all the hate. But then I also realized Rashka only have seen them once before! So we'll see if I'm there or not!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyph Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:03 pm

If I may give my opinion, I think even people from honorable/respectable groups should be able to attend if they feel that's the sort of thing their character would do. Not just following the suggestion of not wearing the guild's colors, but even using a disguise. I can imagine certain people acting behind the backs of their officers to carry out their own business, for which they would not only leave their tabard at home, but also change clothes and cover their faces.

It could also lead to interesting stuff afterwards if they get caught (which I suppose more likely to happen if they win the tournament), sending someone to follow someone under suspicion, or after being tipped off.
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet
Name: Kyph
Title: Stormwind Assassins Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Individual characters are welcome to attend. The OP said this already. No matter guild affiliation.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Disguise is an option I guess. Thanks for the idea!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:22 pm

I have returned from my holiday!

Outcast's Championship is in one week's time! Get grinding for gear!

And yes, to confirm - individual characters from nice guilds and organisations are more than welcome to attend provided they can handle the IC mistrust of the other participants!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Might not be able to attend anyway, seeing as I might have to raid there instead of Wednesday. *sigh* We'll see what happens.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:04 pm

The Championship fast approaches!

For those wondering - IC it is assumed there are adverts and posters around disreputable areas and that gossip abounds in the same places!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:29 am

*Sharpens his blades.*
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 pm

It's over! It's done!

About 30 people showed up! 14 took part in the fighting!

The fighting was tough and ferocious and fun to watch - particularly Oba and Jaifelas' extremely long and nail-biting fight!

The winners were clear though - Zelashi of the Second Gurubashi Empire in first place, winning a big bag o' gold, a magic dagger and gem and the title 'Outcast's Champion'!

Krusg of the Warsong Blades came a close second place, winning a bag of gold but giving his magic item prize to Zelashi, believing himself undeserving of it.

And finally Obataiye in third place! He won a smaller bag of gold and some magic bracers!

Thank you ALL for showing up and roleplaying! I had a great night running it, even if I did cock up a bit on explaining what gear was and wasn't allowed.
So - my apologies again for any confusion regarding that! I've learnt from it and next time it won't go wrong.

An absolutely brilliant night all in all. I wasn't even sure there were 30 roleplayers left on the server so it was bloody brilliant to see so many people.

I'll put on another Outcast's Championship in a couple of months so start upgrading your PVP gear!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next