Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00)

+5
Krogon Devilstep
Rashka
Skaraa
Grim
Sadok
9 posters

Go down

Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00) Empty Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00)

Post by Baji Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Champion of Frost & Fire!

*a letter, raven, magic signal or flare is dispatched to each leader of the Banners of the Horde*

Members of the Horde! Upon these harsh, new lands we must not forget that we are one Horde; and a Horde made of honourable races! Let us come together once more, after the Horde Gathering, in the plains of Frostfire Ridge and unite again in glorious combat! Let our leaders talk whilst we battle!

Let our battlecries be heard throughout Frostfire Ridge! Let the Ogres, who revel in their cruel arenas, cower before our might.

Let this be a place not only to prove your worth but to settle any grievances you may have. We are the Horde. We are united!

On this world, against the Iron Horde and all these other foes, we need a Champion now more than ever!

Come forth and fight!

OOC:

With the Horde Gathering, we usually have a few more activities around it so I thought this would be a perfect time for a multi-guild tournament. Expect gankers, as usual, and if the situation becomes unbearable, we will perhaps attempt some wargames instead (or, as well as the duels, with enough interest).

When:

Friday the 27th February @ 20.00 realm time *** (rescheduled)

Where:

Frostfire Ridge, at least ICly. (exact location revealed later)

Rules:

No mounts, no potions, no special items whatsoever. You may only use your own abilities and skills. Stealth restricted to max. 30 seconds.

All specs (except healers) currently allowed. 3 Judges from respective guilds will be chosen to monitor the battles and all battles will have a timer of 4 minutes. If you cannot defeat your opponent in this time, the judges will decide a victor instead.

Just "surviving" with healing & tanking specs will not grant you a win! You have to impress us!

Requirements:

Level 100 & PvP gear.

Those without PvP gear and who are not max level may be paired together, depending on availability.

Entry Fee:

Everyone willing to participate must pay an entry fee of 10g. Guilds may wish to add some of their guild funds into the winners' pot at the end.

Winner's Pot:

- For 3rd place: 15% of the total sum.
- For 2nd place: 30% of the total sum.
- For 1st place: 55% of the total sum.

Title: Champion of the Horde!

Questions? Comments? Post!

Last edited by Baji on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00) Empty Re: Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00)

Post by Sadok Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Not to play spoilsport, but it may be worth considering some of the heavily advantageous buffs that buildings like the Gladiator's Sanctum level 3 (50% less damage taken below 35%) and even Frostfire Ridge itself (Shamanstone buffs granting increased damage, freezes, etc) pose to a sporting chance at winning the tournament.

It's for that reason that OotRB are OOCly moving a future tournament of our own to a FFA arena outside of Draenor.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00) Empty Re: Horde Tournament: Champion of Frost & Fire! (27/02 @ 20.00)

Post by Grim Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:21 am

I've not been PVPing much this expansion, but is it really sensible to have tanks and healers take part?

As much as I love tanks and healers they always used to be a pain in the arse in tournaments. The whole 'not dying, ever' thing made it pointless for most dps classes to take part.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 am

'Use own abilities and skills' and yet stealth (one of the fundamental abilities to Rogues and Ferals) is restricted? :p
Also the Sadok has a point, anybody without Glad Sacnt building is at a distinctive disadvantaged.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:15 am

The reason stealth is restricted is because it's incredibly dull for everyone involved.

30 seconds is a very long time in a duel.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:16 am

Hmm, I didn't think about the Gladiator's Sanctum but I think most people who PvP and would want to take part actually have one anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference? (Being optimistic Wink)

Alternatively, can do group wargames or... yeah... take the tournament somewhere else just for the duration of the tournament. I'm certain there will be a mage around who can portal us out if necessary!

Grim wrote:I've not been PVPing much this expansion, but is it really sensible to have tanks and healers take part?

As much as I love tanks and healers they always used to be a pain in the arse in tournaments. The whole 'not dying, ever' thing made it pointless for most dps classes to take part.

And yeah, that's why I want to have some judges + 4 minute timer so if someone just stands still and spams Rejuvenation + Swiftmend for the duration, they've lost.

If it's a really horrible idea, I'll learn for next time!
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:36 am

4 minutes really -isn't- much. Having tanks for it is fine. Healers? Not so much. I doubt it's a good idea to have judges, in reality just let people play, and don't allow healers as the only thing.
That's just my five cents.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:47 am

Baji wrote:Hmm, I didn't think about the Gladiator's Sanctum but I think most people who PvP and would want to take part actually have one anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference? (Being optimistic Wink)

Alternatively, can do group wargames or... yeah... take the tournament somewhere else just for the duration of the tournament. I'm certain there will be a mage around who can portal us out if necessary!

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I've never bothered with the Gladiator's Sanctum since my computer struggles to run Ashran and so the Draenor WPvP perks aren't as attractive as the Inn/Trading Post combination I have going. By all means, I could swap out the Inn for the Sanctum before an event, but the level 3 iteration (with 50% damage reduction) is gated behind the 4,000 Broken Bones achievement.

I'm not sure how many people don't have the Sanctum themselves, but it can make the difference between people wanting to participate and simply sitting on the sidelines since they have a large inbuilt disadvantage. And it's those people who you arguably want to get involved more than any, since tournaments are always a case of 'the more, the merrier' instead of the usual handful of PvP diehards.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Alright. No healers I can agree with... as for the Gladiator's Sanctum, we're going to have to work out getting a portal elsewhere or do wargames. Smile
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Nagrand arena, its amazeballs!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 am

Great idea! Very Happy
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:28 am

I'm always up for some tournament fun. But sadly the date won't work for me. Sad
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:49 am

Skaraa wrote:'Use own abilities and skills' and yet stealth (one of the fundamental abilities to Rogues and Ferals) is restricted? :p
Also the Sadok has a point, anybody without Glad Sacnt building is at a distinctive disadvantaged.

Equal rights for stealthers, for too long have they been oppressed by the non-stealthers!

Spoiler:
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 pm

I can now confirm that some Red Blades will be present! see you there Baji san!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:13 am

UPDATE!!!!!

The Tournament will now be held on the Friday instead of Thursday.

Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Hope to see everyone there tonight!

Invites and prep beginning at 19.30

Don't be late!
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Unfortunately I can't make it! I thought I would and I'm bitterly disappointed, but I guess my Feral OPness wouldn't have been welcome regardless. Razz

Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Was a good tournament. Thanks Baji for organizing!

Liked the judge idea, even tho i admit it needs little improvement to make the judging last less than the actual duels! Very Happy

Forgot to take any screenshots. Anyone else got any? :3
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Glad I managed to make it, even if I did get knocked out by Krogon on his second, third, fourth life. ;P
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Zhakiri wrote:Glad I managed to make it, even if I did get knocked out by Krogon on his second, third, fourth life. ;P

Second. And others had more, including a finalist.

Thanks for organizing Baji, was great!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Forgot to post here, sorry!

Thanks all for attending. I really liked the idea of the Judges as well, but maybe next time just say what they think straight away instead of trying to spare people's feelings IC/OOCly Razz

It was really fun to watch! I might have some screenshots, I'll have a look later.

The Champion of Frost & Fire: Tantzui of the Painted Skulls
2nd / 3rd place: Ju-sin of the Falling Leaf & Exi'jin of the Painted Skulls

See you all next time! Very Happy
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down