Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hated Draenei

+23
Grufftoof
Lexgrad
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thelos
Kittrina
Tantzui
Paia/Jenit
Izzifix
Coppersocket
Shadesprocket
Eldiros
Helmut
Feral / Blackfall
Zaraj
erwtenpeller
Skarain
Muzjhath
Amaryl
siegmund
James Ryder
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Tnecniw
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hated Draenei - Page 2 Empty Re: Hated Draenei

Post by Skarain Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Witchcraft and Voodoo definitely. Though, i would advice being cautious with such a concept. There are no previous examples in Lore about Draenei being so invested in Spiders. Trolls do have a Spider Loa(god), Shadra, but i doubt the Loa are very friendly towards outsiders.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Skarain wrote:Witchcraft and Voodoo definitely. Though, i would advice being cautious with such a concept. There are no previous examples in Lore about Draenei being so invested in Spiders. Trolls do have a Spider Loa(god), Shadra, but i doubt the Loa are very friendly towards outsiders.
was thinking more towards the nerubians... but other wise... good point

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:22 pm

As for legs from the back.... i think that might be a bit to much. You'd need a damn good reason to explain such, and should such be permanently attached, you're 100% sure to attract "Demon! Abomination! Kill it!" shouts. (since... you have frigging spider legs sprouting out form your back. How natural is that?)

Last edited by Skarain on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Skarain wrote:Nice points up there, Zaraj.

As for legs from the back.... i think that might be a bit to much. You'd need a damn good reason to explain such, and should such be permanently attached, you're 100% sure to attract "Demon! Abomination! Kill it!" shouts. (since... you have frigging spider legs sprouting out form your back. How natural is that?)
I didn't mean it like 100% of the time... more like something she can summon... (could be tought about as the same way as druids do their thing I don't know...)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Good thing they've got spiders on every world and in every dimension, at least. Bloody creepers are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Spider legs growing out the back might be a bit much, because (unless they've patched it in) there isn't a way to show that there are, as said spider legs growing out your back. Not to mention, then you sorta stop being draenei and being half spider, if that was possible. Not to mention, you might get a lot of shit for it from other RPers.

Otherwise, controlling spiders or so isn't too much of a far-fetch and doesn't really need witchcraft, considering there are beast masters etc. As a young draenei, your character was fascinated by spiders and spent more time around them than with his/her peers, despite the fact that spiders are pretty lethal and creepy. This is turned helped develop a distant behaviour and made your character slightly resented.

There may be a question as to why spiders wouldn't eat a draenei if they could be considered food, as pretty much every quest in WoW that involves spiders is about killing them. The only quest I can think of was the spider in Teldrassil who had been corrupted or something, and you had to free her, which showed that spiders could be sorta "pure" as well.

But I can only echo what Amaryl said in that such a question isn't necessarily interesting. Your character's love for spiders and his/her affinity with them made her slightly shunned, because it's pretty weird and it's more of a naturalist approach than the normal virtue based draenei society. That she becomes an outcast, shy, distant etc is more interesting than why spiders wouldn't eat her, for instance. If her backstory makes her become a distant and withdrawn draenei who likes spiders and doesn't hang out with the rest of draenic society, then that's good enough.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Zaraj wrote:Spider legs growing out the back might be a bit much, because (unless they've patched it in) there isn't a way to show that there are, as said spider legs growing out your back. Not to mention, then you sorta stop being draenei and being half spider, if that was possible. Not to mention, you might get a lot of shit for it from other RPers.

Otherwise, controlling spiders or so isn't too much of a far-fetch and doesn't really need witchcraft, considering there are beast masters etc. As a young draenei, your character was fascinated by spiders and spent more time around them than with his/her peers, despite the fact that spiders are pretty lethal and creepy. This is turned helped develop a distant behaviour and made your character slightly resented.

There may be a question as to why spiders wouldn't eat a draenei if they could be considered food, as pretty much every quest in WoW that involves spiders is about killing them. The only quest I can think of was the spider in Teldrassil who had been corrupted or something, and you had to free her, which showed that spiders could be sorta "pure" as well.

But I can only echo what Amaryl said in that such a question isn't necessarily interesting. Your character's love for spiders and his/her affinity with them made her slightly shunned, because it's pretty weird and it's more of a naturalist approach than the normal virtue based draenei society. That she becomes an outcast, shy, distant etc is more interesting than why spiders wouldn't eat her, for instance. If her backstory makes her become a distant and withdrawn draenei who likes spiders and doesn't hang out with the rest of draenic society, then that's good enough.
:-3 thanks... It is a little too bad that the legs probably wouldn't work (tough I have asked a few online and they didn't have anything against the idea) but your view of the spider thing is AMAZING!... I have tried to grow on the idea but you managed that so fast it isn't even funny... Thanks again

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:19 pm

If you could work in a strong dislike for the Light, as a Draenei--for whatever reason--and if she had been very vocal about that in her past, I imagine she'd have been greatly disliked by other Draenei.

Being suspicious, for example (vocally so) about the nature and motives of the Naaru--perhaps even outright claiming that they're evil deep down, somehow (there doesn't need to be any background for this in lore; it can be madness on her part, or simply paranoia etc.), might have done it.

And from there, perhaps, she could have turned to nature as her guide--maybe following the example of Azeroth's druids--and found a particular liking for spiders, maybe for some deep personal metaphorical reason, if you want to have her spidery-themed.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:If you could work in a strong dislike for the Light, as a Draenei--for whatever reason--and if she had been very vocal about that in her past, I imagine she'd have been greatly disliked by other Draenei.

Being suspicious, for example (vocally so) about the nature and motives of the Naaru--perhaps even outright claiming that they're evil deep down, somehow (there doesn't need to be any background for this in lore; it can be madness on her part, or simply paranoia etc.), might have done it.

And from there, perhaps, she could have turned to nature as her guide--maybe following the example of Azeroth's druids--and found a particular liking for spiders, maybe for some deep personal metaphorical reason, if you want to have her spidery-themed.
Thanks again... Very Happy

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 pm

You can still be a good and lighthearted draenei and Helmut Spoon will still hate your guts. He hates all draenei (except Inran because obidiance)
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 pm

With what Eldiros has now heard of you recently in an RP, he'll likely be a larger adversary of yours as well. Elder Fabulous is coming for you!!!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:00 am

Eldiros wrote:With what Eldiros has now heard of you recently in an RP, he'll likely be a larger adversary of yours as well. Elder Fabulous is coming for you!!!
okay... I don't really know why... but okay

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37 am

He calls himself "Elder Fabulous". Nothing to fear there.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:14 am

I have thought slightly about, her "snapping" at some point... You know something really emotional that kind of "brakes" her... She become kind of evil simply... (Though this is just a idea that I have had and I will probably not follow up on it)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:35 am

You know... Becoming a kind of evil... "Broodmother" I guess you could call it (cause Spider queen sounds al little to cheesy)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadesprocket Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 am

I'd be wary about that, going teh evulz is a surefire way to cut yourself off from alot of rp unless you have the contacts to sustain such, and you'll be hunted down by every do-gooder and their grandmother if you set foot in SW with batshit crazy labeled above your head.

Shadesprocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am

Sounds you're trying way too hard. 2/10.

Edit:
Making simple characters that develop by the actions of players around them, is not only more accepted in general- but also gives you a far better connection to your character. Neither of which makes you come out as a try-hard.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:05 am

Coppersocket wrote:Sounds you're trying way too hard. 2/10.

Edit:
Making simple characters that develop by the actions of players around them, is not only more accepted in general- but also gives you a far better connection to your character. Neither of which makes you come out as a try-hard.
I know... but a good backstory is always good to have... Not that it should affect so much how other should treat you... but more how the character itself should react...

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 am

Shadesprocket wrote:I'd be wary about that, going teh evulz is a surefire way to cut yourself off from alot of rp unless you have the contacts to sustain such, and you'll be hunted down by every do-gooder and their grandmother if you set foot in SW with batshit crazy labeled above your head.
I know... it is only an idea... and I am not really planning on developing it... It is only a small idea in the back of my head... nothing more

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:12 am

You're forcing it however, which isn't good. That's a really big mistake that a lot of people do. Instead of going by the moment you attempt to have things planned out from the get-go. Let your imagination flow in the moment, don't think too much about it, and more importantly don't try to make your character be awesome. Let the actions you take with the character define it.

Otherwise you come across as silly, and you don't stand out at all. For example, there's a ton of people who give their characters nicknames to seem more awesome. Yet in reality nobody calls them by the nickname the creator gave the character. It's important to try be as natural as possible with these sort of things. Really important. If you can't make your character feel natural to a specific behavior that syncs with you, as a person in some way- a way that makes you personally connected to the character, then your character will only be judged by it.

Basically; don't define the character. Let the character define you. (To a degree. The character isn't you, after all. But you hopefully get what I mean.)

Edit: Also, you may want to try work on reducing the triple dots. You just come across as really insecure and depressed when you keep writing them. Just a heads up.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:16 am

Coppersocket wrote:You're forcing it however, which isn't good. That's a really big mistake that a lot of people do. Instead of going by the moment you attempt to have things planned out from the get-go. Let your imagination flow in the moment, don't think too much about it, and more importantly don't try to make your character be awesome. Let the actions you take with the character define it.

Otherwise you come across as silly, and you don't stand out at all. For example, there's a ton of people who give their characters nicknames to seem more awesome. Yet in reality nobody calls them by the nickname the creator gave the character. It's important to try be as natural as possible with these sort of things. Really important. If you can't make your character feel natural to a specific behavior that syncs with you, as a person in some way- a way that makes you personally connected to the character, then your character will only be judged by it.

Basically; don't define the character. Let the character define you. (To a degree. The character isn't you, after all. But you hopefully get what I mean.)

Edit: Also, you may want to try work on reducing the triple dots. You just come across as really insecure and depressed when you keep writing them. Just a heads up.
Heh, lol sorry. I often use triple dots for my char cause she is a little unsecure.  Laughing 

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:35 am

Coppersocket wrote:the triple dots.
A.K.A: Drama dots.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 am

Hey! Don't pick on triple dots. They're fine for expressing pauses when a character speaks etc.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Dwyburn wrote:Hey! Don't pick on triple dots. They're fine for expressing pauses when a character speaks etc.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Dwyburn wrote:Hey! Don't pick on triple dots. They're fine for expressing pauses when a character speaks etc.

Ellipsis are fine to express pauses in dialogue, to imply a deliberate omission or dialogue trailing off without a clear stopping point.

It's... when you... come across... like... Stevie... from... Malcolm in the Middle... that... it seems...excessive and... redundant.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next