Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoD Draenei guilds

+9
Rargnasha
Ixirar
Theodoric
siegmund
erwtenpeller
Ara
Littlepip
Sanara
Seranita
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WoD Draenei guilds Empty WoD Draenei guilds

Post by Seranita Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 am

Hey Im just popping this up here as a sort of.. Poke.. does anyone have any plans for a draenic civilian guild when WoD launches? And If not how many would be interested in such?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

WoD Draenei guilds Empty Re: WoD Draenei guilds

Post by Sanara Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 am

I don't really see a point to it. If you're a "civilian" Draenei, do you need to be in a specific guild at all?

Personally I'd rather just see more Draenei guilds actually doing stuff. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Ere Argus should actually be doing aside from having its members get in love-triangles. "Fight the Iron Horde" seems like a rather uninspired guild concept when that's what everyone will be doing regardless.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 am

i dont think there are enough draenei RPers for justify a race specific guild, and the few there are mostly found home already.

i'd be glad to be proven wrong tho, draenei culture has such unexplored potential.. especially now that we're getting new lore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:10 am

Nihilia wrote:i dont think there are enough draenei RPers for justify a race specific guild, and the few there are mostly found home already.

i'd be glad to be proven wrong tho, draenei culture has such unexplored potential..  especially  now that we're getting new lore.
I have a feeling that will change next expansion.

Last edited by Thorvald on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 am

Sanara wrote:I don't really see a point to it. If you're a "civilian" Draenei, do you need to be in a specific guild at all?

Personally I'd rather just see more Draenei guilds actually doing stuff. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Ere Argus should actually be doing aside from having its members get in love-triangles. "Fight the Iron Horde" seems like a rather uninspired guild concept when that's what everyone will be doing regardless.

well the point of this thread was simply to determin if anyone is actualy doing anything rarther than me declaring the creation of a guild.. naturaly if i did make a dreonar guild i would flesh out its concept a lot more IM just simply poking for now to see how much interest there would be in any potential idea's
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am

Tried making one ,failed...then that WoD news came out...was tempted  but is it reallllly worth it considering  the lack of RPers.Odds are that all you'll get are alts and as the expansion goes on intrest will die off  ect. ect.
WT has a lot of draenei so they'll be active in the past no doubt Very Happy
then again  mehh Narvaduu maybe?
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am

I support the idea of a guild of local Draenor-based Draenei.

I intend to move the Band of the Brave to Draenor as permanent settlers, pioneers of the newly (re)discovered land. It would be nice to have some company!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:44 am

as permanent settlers

*Fastforward end of the expac or something*

*Plantet blows up again anyway*

Orcs are making a guild or planing at least so up to the people, but one race guilds are just that, probably going to be alts anywho.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:50 am

Well, you know. Permanent settlers until the next interesting thing happens.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:57 am

awwwI was going to plant  my garrison flag  proclaiming Bobania... yeah shyreaver..I'd  love to  see a draenei guild.But time, dedicated ppl and I forget the last one are usually needed to keep a guild going.

Ohhhh Sanity.... that's No.3 ....err right?

i do like monday's and tuesdays event idea though.Who knows.Maybe something will come of that
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:31 pm

I can think of a guild that specifically aims to offer roleplay in the WoD timeline.

I think there is some interest around people making alternate timeline versions of their draenei (or well, i at least am) and generally exploring the draenei sites in their restored state such as Shatt.

A concept i can think of would be something inspired by the blooming lotus: a guild that is pretty much a mean to gather and roleplay out the race culture in the restored cities and hubs, while protecting their land from aliens and other misguided individuals from outher dimensions.

Thing is if DB has an interest in draenei RP in the first place, but there is no harm in making an attempt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 pm

indeed Nihilia you hit the nail on the head on what I was thinking on doing its likley to be small yes however wod I suspect may bring out interest of draenei for new people.. there is potential for such to work i feel
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 pm

well i'll be flushing out of my draenei's past or alternate past *gobbles down nogginfogger*
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodoric Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Most important thing for such a thingnto work: Reach out for the new people to rp, the rp-curious people already on the server, returning playerd for the new xpac etc. The current defiasrp-community can't make a new draenic community without fragmenting itself horribly.

Theodoric

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:19 pm

definatly.. I have seen many cases of new rp'ers being turnd off ro simply due to more established rp'ers not giving out the time to train.. something I try to do when I see it
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Another important point of the guild would be training for the people that are new to draenei RP indeed.

draenei are very hard to RP right and people can be easily scared off by how many details they will have to consider. However, i feel to mention that for such to work it is required from the "seasoned" RPers to not be rude or abusive about it. it is common that drama ensures merely because criticism is handled in such a way that it loses any form of constructive content, while new ones on the other hand, may be stubborn in their believes, so a stone should be set there.

"Accept criticism, and give it back without begin a rough douche"

If your guild has a friendly community, it will surely grow larger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:54 pm

As for exploring Shattrath, do note that Blizz stated it's a stronghold of the Iron Horde atm.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 pm

It could be explored if there is going to be an RP involvement with the progression of the patch like it happened in oggrimarr, which is unlikely, but surely an interesting thought. Also RP out the restored planet in general i believe can attract some interest!

All depends on how blizz is gonna put it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:36 am

I intend to mill around on Old Draenor for a while and have the Red Blades do some stuff there for a few months atleast, if there's a bunch of alliance guilds around, I'd certainly be up for some interactions, wether they are co-operative, or bashing each others skulls in.
(And if offered a big enough tribute of bacon, I may even poke around for interest in posing as Iron Horde for peoples events!)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:54 am

cool I shall keep my eyes open then
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 am

The Iron Horde guild will be very interested in regular meat for our slaughterhouse.

We'll be entirely hostile. No amount of bacon will make us cooperate with DRAENEI SCUM!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 am

We will take your bacon and have it for ourselves!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:32 am

I really want a rogue organization of magical, time-travelling space-pirates. A gang travelled back to the WoD-timeline to plunder it, enslave its natives, mine its resources and befoul its women (or men for that matter). And set it on fire.

Of course, the whole, returning home with the loot-thing would be a challenge to be solved another time.

They'd steal everyone's bacon. And when the alliance's big boys have solved the whole timeline issue and undone it all? The crime won't even have happened! The victims won't exist! (in our timeline)

I'm totally making this happen if I'm around by the time of the xpac-launch. Sorry bout derailing.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 am

That sounds like what the band of the brave is planning, but more evil.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:52 am

Not evil, like "Mwahahhahahah I are raping their eye-sockets lulz!"

Evil like "This isn't even real, man! Do what you want" "It's time for a party, boys! Cause when the big boys in blue finish their business, this place we're in will never even have existed."

I really need to make a post gathering my thoughts on that thing. But for this be fun, natives are needed! I'll probably RP alternate Quanaar myself a bit.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next