Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Iron Horde RP] Skyfury Clan (old topic!)

+24
Tantzui
Zouyo
Charlie Blazesong
Azmariel
Althaløs
Allonia_Miral
Rmuffn
Grim
Ralegh
Brugg
Lexgrad
Ixirar
Zinkle Figgins
Paia/Jenit
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Gnivil
Skarain
Gesh
Coppernut
Sohan
Krogon Devilstep
Gogol
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Iron Horde RP] Skyfury Clan (old topic!) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Iron Horde RP] Skyfury Clan (old topic!)

Post by Rmuffn Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:I have a feeling that you'll be able to choose brown skin for the new orcs.
Unlikely. But they have said that once all races are updated, they'll start looking at further customizations. And something about sub-races was mentioned.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Iron Horde RP] Skyfury Clan (old topic!) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Iron Horde RP] Skyfury Clan (old topic!)

Post by Ralegh Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Well.... So far the general idea has been.
Brown skin available: Brown skin shamanistic savages, iron horde go go!
Only green skin: Green skin warlocky savages, Whatever Gul'dan does go go!

There are of course several other options all mentioned in the discussion here, but these are the two I have personally been leaning towards.

In the end though, Its nothing we will set in stone previous to getting more information about the expansion.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 am

I agree with Ezlbag, nothing is set into stone yet.

(I'm very interested in Gul'dan and Ner'zhul by the way, unfortunately we don't know anything yet about their relationship with the Iron Horde)
Cerik Ironforge wrote:Should the brown skin become an unavailable, the clan can always be a clan from our time that goes to Draenor.. and then joins the Iron Horde.
Thing is we're more interested in role-playing a savage orcish clan like the one we saw in Warcraft 1 and 2 rather than Garrosh loyalists or Old Horde nostalgics.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:34 am

Thelos could not have put it to better words. I'd be very happy to see a guild with this concept work out.

Extra points for hilarity if it's actually named "The Placeholder Clan".
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 am

There is nothing funny about it being called the Placeholder Clan.

Zinkle the bellend italian wrote:Thing is we're more interested in role-playing a savage orcish clan like the one we saw in Warcraft 1 and 2 rather than Garrosh loyalists or Old Horde nostalgics.
You realize that by RPing an Old Nostalgic you'd be equally true to the concept? But I guess new shiny stuff is more appealing.

Also, after reading the actual opening post, why the vast focus on PvP outta curiosity? Or does it only come across that way?

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:There is nothing funny about it being called the Placeholder Clan
Ladies and gentlemen... Sir Buzz Killington!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Extra points for hilarity if it's actually named "The Placeholder Clan".
Don't tempt me.
Cerik Ironforge wrote:Also, after reading the actual opening post, why the vast focus on PvP outta curiosity? Or does it only come across that way?
I guess it seems so just because I wrote the opening post and I kinda like PVP, when I'll add the others' contributions it will probably seem more "balanced"; Ezlbag for instance is quite keen on shamanism. However I do think PVP could be an important feature when it comes to role-playing a warmongering race like the orcs.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:40 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:Also, after reading the actual opening post, why the vast focus on PvP outta curiosity? Or does it only come across that way?
Obviously I in no way speak for Zinkle here, but I imagine it's because PvP is really what the Iron Horde does, and it wouldn't make much sense for orcs loyal to the Iron Horde to be launching raids... against the Iron Horde.
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet
Name: Gnivil
Title: Grand-Warden of the Eventide Vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 am

And hopefully, we will have be provide you with plenty of juicy Alliance wikkets for you to raid in Draenor.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:04 am

Wouldn't it be even easier for the entire Clan to be recognised as brownskinned Orc, even if the play model didn't allow it? I mean, if it's a single Orc within another Guild, you have to read through a description to check their appearance whilst if this was called y'know The Iron Clan or whatever, people after learning about The Clan would just automatically assume that everyone in it was uncorrupted!

Like The Gurubashi Empire, most of them aren't Darkspears, but use The Darkspear Model!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 am

Krelk wrote:Wouldn't it be even easier for the entire Clan to be recognised as brownskinned Orc, even if the play model didn't allow it?  I mean, if it's a single Orc within another Guild, you have to read through a description to check their appearance whilst if this was called y'know The Iron Clan or whatever, people after learning about The Clan would just automatically assume that everyone in it was uncorrupted!

Like The Gurubashi Empire, most of them aren't Darkspears, but use The Darkspear Model!
I reckon this is exactly how it will go in practise, yes.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello again!

I may be asking a question that is too soon to answer, but:

So given that several new appropriate orc-ish skins are available for customization; is the idea choosing one orc-ish clan with the available skin to represent the guild? As example, creating a Warsong Clan as the central guild? Or will you accept other orcs from other clans that are part of the Iron Horde?

Reason I'm asking is, it could be fun to role-play how the clans join together; as there may be people whom might want to role-play other orcs from different clans.
Or perhaps are you guys seeking to create a combined lesser clan that is formed by different orcs from different clans?

All assuming that the skins would be available, of course Razz
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:55 pm

I think they're looking to create an entirely new clan to co-exist with the rest of the Iron Horde.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:34 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I think they're looking to create an entirely new clan to co-exist with the rest of the Iron Horde.
Yes, we aim to create a completely new clan aligned with the Iron Horde. I've actually thought about having a series of events to role-play our entry in the Iron Horde, like paying a tribute to the warlords or showing our strength in combat against the Iron Horde enemies (ogres, arakkoas, draenei etc.), to make it a bit more interesting.

Orcs from a different clan will be able to join the guild, as I said in the opening post membership won't be limited by kinship (for example the Shattered Hand clan itself was made of orc slaves freed by Kargath Bladefist, who were not related to each other).

However we will discuss the clan background together and decide a few common features which make the clan unique, just like self-mutilation for the Shattered Hand, cannibalism for the Bonechewer clan or fel-empowerment for the Stormreaver clan; personally I find the Bleeding Hollow clan very inspiring and I look forward to see its homeland, Tanaan Jungle.

On the matter, who wants to have a chat on Skype this week, just to write down a few ideas?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Ah, I see! Thanks for the responses.

And I'd be interested! I can see your Skype name in your signature; I'll send a contact request.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Fuck it.

Assmage is going Iron Horde. I want this to happen.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Y u do dis Az? Who will assign me homework that I will half arse?! HM?!
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:07 am

Grhmmm... now I is conflicted on what to do!

I had originally thought of race-changing my nelf rogue into an orc from this Draenor who was the living version of my other orc's sister since she died due to the humans, and would be alive in this version, and then maybe have her join the Red Blades...

But NOW after this... Grhmm.... *flails* I can't decide! Grabbing you via Skype anyways cus maybe she'd go Iron Horde new clan rather than a Tribe that would only remind her of her dead, and feel full of imposters...
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:37 am

Step into our web
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Zinkle Figgins wrote:Step into our web
Still waiting on the friend accept, personally.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 am

This must happen! I'm so in with my alt!
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozrogg Doomhowl Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:26 pm

An interesting concept! Even with the restrains of brown skin, which in my opinion isn't even a restraint, imagination yo'. You could simply either RP as people have suggested Gul'Dans lackeys, or a clan from the current day who have gone through and thought "you know what, these guys have the right idea"
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Mozrogg Doomhowl

Character sheet
Name: Mozrogg Doomhowl
Title: Orc Warrior, grumpy old bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Of course, could get brown skin with the new character customisations in Warlords.

In which case, Razz *returns to plotting*
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:30 pm

This sounds good man. You have my hunter.
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:49 am

Peaceful? We'll see about that...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Bumping just to say we're currently discussing the guild's concept on Skype, if you're interested just add me so you can join us)
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next