Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westfall

+11
Ara
Feral / Blackfall
Vaell
Skarain
siegmund
Sohan
erwtenpeller
Ledgic
Zalissa
Drustai
Althaløs
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Westfall Empty Westfall

Post by Althaløs Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Greetings.
I hope this day bids you all well.

Seeing as the Role-play of one of my characters might lead me to Westfall, I've made this thread to ask about two things:

1) Is there any Role-play happening within Westfall? Are there any players whom hang around there on a regular basis, or from time to time, and so on?

2) Has there been any occurrences within Westfall that has left a noticeable effect that people should consider when Role-playing within that zone? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, so I would like to know if I should take into consideration anything ICly regarding Westfall.

Any information would be appreciated.
And thanks for taking your time to read the post.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Westfall Empty Re: Westfall

Post by Drustai Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:39 pm

1) Disciples of Light are currently in Westfall.

2) There was the Dieudonne harvesting of mana from the breach a few years back. Not sure if any of that equipment is still there. Additionally, just a few days ago, the city hall in Moonbrook was mortared to get at a large gathering of remnant Defias Brotherhood thugs.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm

The cartel take refuge in an abandoned barn from time to time when someone has to lay low, but as of late nobody is wanted. Stranger things have happened though! You might meet some of us sooner or later if you intend to stay there long. I know Skarain did something magic related on his cultist character to the big swirling mass of oh-shit, but I 'unno specifics.
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

There was also some guild that tried turning Moonbrook into an actual town again a while back. I think that died as quickly as it started though.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:07 am

Ah, I see.
Well, thanks a bunch for the responses!

I do have another question if anybody doesn't mind answering; if my conclusions haven't failed me, I know that Moonbrook is a town run by thugs, even if discretely, with the alliance not paying much attention to Westfall.

But with hearing about these remnant Defias Brotherhood thugs, and criminals hanging about in the zone when they want to stay low - I take it if people show up and try to settle in a town like Moonbrook, they might meet criminals whom would be hostile or give them a hard time?

Reason being is that I might very well intend to do so on my character (with a few others), so are there people whom represent a portion of the Moonbrook/Westfall thugs I could contact to do this in a logical manner ICly? And nothing is set - if I am rejected, pushed out, harmed or even killed, I do not mind seeing as it is criminals I will be interacting with. Or can I just settle in a town like Moonbrook without having to interact with anyone? (though I would prefer doing it through RP; the more RP, the better - though if it's not necessary, then I wouldn't want to do it if it would prove a hassle to others)

I have a few plans in mind for the place, and the zone in general, but I won't spoil much (but people might take a wild guess considering what I RP Razz). Thanks again for any help, in advance.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am

I'd say, just start role-playing in the area, and see who you meet?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:05 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I'd say, just start role-playing in the area, and see who you meet?

I might very well do that, but I'm just putting this out here just incase there is any form of constant or relative presence in the town that would react to new people showing up. So if there is any interest, or if people would want their characters to respond to a new presence, they could do so and I wouldn't just disregard them being there.

But otherwise, yeh, I'll just begin role-playing there and see whom I'd meet.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:There was also some guild that tried turning Moonbrook into an actual town again a while back. I think that died as quickly as it started though.

You mean House Drackenrise? Both of the GM's are inactive right now, on all their chars, so I suppose I'm the next person to ask as I'm Head of Guard. I don't see any problem with you RPing there, Althaløs, as I'm also quite inactive on that char (Neuville).
But if you do RP there, don't be surprised if Neuville shows up, raging at you for burning down the Town Hall (he obviously don't know who did it and since you guys are new you might get the blame, just a heads up! Smile).
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm

The Freelancers led a raid on Moonbrook some time between 3 and 6 months ago, as a retaliation after repeated defias attacks upon the expedition to Westfall. Little consideration was given to the civilians of the area, even though a single shout of warning was given before the attack.

The strike would hardly have left a very lasting effect on the area though, as the expedition's forces were too badly injured and reduced to maintain a precense in the area, likely allowing the usual crowd to move right back in.

Skarain, Decurius, Siegmund and Allonia might be able to answer additional questions on the matter, if you should have any.

Tldr: A battle that might be considered local history, but should be treated as a lot less influental than the actual lore on the area. Probably.

Last edited by Dwyburn on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited because I can't spell words. Or write proper sentences. Shame on me.)

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Dwyburn wrote:The Freelancers led a raid on Moonbrook some time between 3 and 6 months ago, as a retaliation after repeated defias attacks upon the expedition to Westfall. Little consideration was given to the civilians of the area, even though a single shout of warning was given before the attack.

The strike would hardly have left a very lasting effect on the area though, as the expedition's forces were too badly injured and reduced to maintain a precense in the area, likely allowing the usual crowd to move right back in.

Skarain, Decurius, Siegmund and Allonia might be able to answer additional questions on the matter, if you should have any.

Tldr: A battle that might be considered local history, but should be treated as a lot less influental than the actual lore on the area. Probably.

Fun times, fun times. Nothing too special besides that i think.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Best of luck Althalos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm

what magic swirl-swirl i did on my cultist character might have leave strange marks around the edges of the rift, but that's it.

I might bring what happen there up later, but that is a thing of another year
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Atm, my unguilded cult is located in that cave system that I forget the name of... In Westfall. Wondering into there could be dangerous/traumatic.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 am

Ah, I see I see.
Well, thank you all for the responses!

I'll properly take things into account when required. And with that said, I don't mind whomever I meet/the events I might get dragged into, the more RP the better.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 am

Vaell wrote:Atm, my unguilded cult is located in that cave system that I forget the name of... In Westfall. Wondering into there could be dangerous/traumatic.

If you mean the one that opens into the rift and the sea in either direction, there's some pretty cool stuff in there ICly from previous cults (I know the Hand has used it more than once, and there was a group of people living in there for awhile). If you're interested I can probably find out what was leftover inside, assuming it's the same caves.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:
Vaell wrote:Atm, my unguilded cult is located in that cave system that I forget the name of... In Westfall. Wondering into there could be dangerous/traumatic.

If you mean the one that opens into the rift and the sea in either direction, there's some pretty cool stuff in there ICly from previous cults (I know the Hand has used it more than once, and there was a group of people living in there for awhile). If you're interested I can probably find out what was leftover inside, assuming it's the same caves.
Gold Coast Quarry I tihnk it is called. The empty cave which is pretty deep? If you're referring to that one, that'd be great!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 am

Yup, that's the one! Let me contact someone else whose cult was in there awhile and I'll give you a shout as to what you might notice, there in the cold, deep dark... *creepyfingers*
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 am

Bob did a fu*k load of.."naughty magics", gnoll sacrifices and some good old fashioned brooding in the abandoned gold mine
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Haha, me, Manderson and Shadow went into that cave and found a crate with some weapons in it, I had to use shadow magic to open it, I was really surprised to find it exploding in my face Very Happy
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am

It was the Gnomesss...
Westfall Smurf_jokey
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Its always the Gnomes lol!
I cant wait to I get out of the prison, the first thing I will start doing is to get out of Stormwind and start traveling Azeroth from east to west from south to north, training on both Shadow magic and Light, creating a balance between those two will be hard but I have to do it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Right. I once again have to question you on this Martha. Light and Shadow?
It's possible, yes. Not going to deny that it's possible. While gamewise, mechanically we're given a lot more tools than any regular priest etc have, our characters are also (from the games perspective) amazing heroes with amazing capabilities beyond the norm, ie we're the superman of our kind, with complete emotional control etc.

To be able to use both Shadow and Light, your character would need almost, if not entirely perfect self understanding. They would need to have more or less perfect control of their emotions.
I'd strongly suggest against it, unless your absolutely certain you can pull it off properly. It could easily be played wrong, as you probably also need to have such understanding of yourself in real life to understand what it would require for such a task.

Please, for the sake of the people around you, don't do such a thing on a whim. Consider how and why, and if it would -really- suit your character.
It'll do you, and everyone around you good, and you'll end up a lot more appreciated if it's properly executed.

This is not a bitch, nor a whine. I just want you to realize the task your setting for your character could be very overwhelming, without the proper understanding of the two magic pools, as it's almost impossible to use both Light and Shadow.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Coppersocket wrote:It's almost impossible to use both Light and Shadow.
Says who, though? It certainly is tradition in the community to view it as such, but is it really? Everyone's favorite holy boy Anduin seems to have no problems whipping out some casual mind control spells.

Martha can do whatever she likes. I'm sure she'll play it out to her own satisfaction, and if not, she can always decide to walk a different path.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Martha can do whatever she likes. I'm sure she'll play it out to her own satisfaction, and if not, she can always decide to walk a different path.
You're too quick to assume that I said "You can't do this", I didn't, I never stated she couldn't. I just said warned of the difficulty that such a path could have, as for Anduin, why he can do it is beyond me.

I specifically wrote it in the way I did to not get comments like these.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Coppersocket is right, I know this will be hard to do, it will probably be the biggest challenge I will ever face in this wonderful world of roleplay and that's why I hope I em going to find a teacher on the way, someone to teach Martha more about the balance and how to control herself.

And I em going to travel around the world IC.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next