Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheriff of Westfall

+24
Chase - Esou
Kristeas Sunbinder
Cathee Norris
Ledgic
Nithel
Timna
Geneviève
Demurral
Ave/Sariella
Ataris
Raelan
Kil'drakor
Antistia
Jayse
Valerias
Magaskawee/Anaei
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Geldar
Gunnell
Mandui
Jehorius
Etular
Zinkle Figgins
Rmuffn
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sheriff of Westfall Empty Sheriff of Westfall

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 am

Anyone that has any objections if I may recieve the title as Sheriff or Marshal of Westfall?
More information etc you will find on Looking for Roleplay.

Back to top Go down

Sheriff of Westfall Empty Re: Sheriff of Westfall

Post by Rmuffn Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 am

The place is ransacked lore wise.
And already have a Marshal.

Who claim big titles for your own ego's sake, I might ask?

Personally I'm the Kardonir of Arathor, not because I claimed to be high and mighty or an ego.
But because I was dedicated to keep our guild alive, and was promoted for that.

I recall Geldar's military commander rank was "given", (or claimed?) to him / by him after the numerous wpvp campaigns he held, and hence actually did something for the community and the rank.

What have you done for Westfall? Weren't you a new vigilante guild in SW?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:54 am

Try to organize some events in Westfall in order to earn this rank properly, perhaps.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 am

Faralan Thorgint wrote:The place is ransacked lore wise.
And already have a Marshal.

Personally I'm the Kardonir of Arathor, not because I claimed to be high and mighty or an ego.

I recall Geldar's military commander rank was "given", (or claimed?) to him / by him after the numerous wpvp campaigns he held, and hence actually did something for the community and the rank.

What have you done for Westfall? Weren't you a new vigilante guild in SW?

No, I wasn't a vigilante guild.
If you would read my topic, it explains that it's not a vigilant guild. It's a guild for veterans who still wants to make a change, and protect the kingdom.
Who is this Marshal?
My character is from Westfall, and he's older than lot's of Human RP:ers, he knows the land.
He's aware that Sentinel Hill is in flames, and the whole land is having these, rifts (?).
Vigilance, no. He only wants to help out, he may by be retired, but he sure can help out and bring justice.
Claiming titles is not my thing, I have never done that, never will. That is why I'm asking the whole community of what you think.
But one question: Why do you think I'm doing this for myself? When I actually aim to create RP in Westfall aswell?
Just like the Darkshire project, it was a success.

Last edited by Victor Soderbergh on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 am

Zinkle Figgins wrote:Try to organize some events in Westfall in order to earn this rank properly, perhaps.
That sounds like a good idea, but who would be interested?
I will try though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 am

To be honest, if we make more and more projects based on new RP hubs - well, we seperate the whole RP community and just pin them into different spots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:21 am

Despite agreeing with both the above, I must bring up an important point (that has, most likely, been argued to no end):

Faralan Thorgint wrote:

First and foremost, this is not under any circumstances a direct attack on any Guild, Person etc. If I'm completely wrong, correct me on this, but I'm assuming a "Kardonir" is some high-rank in the actual Kingdom of Arathor in comparison to, for example, a "Diplomat" that is unassociated with the guild. I believe the rather ironic part of that statement is in the fact that, when the guild was first formed, it made itself high and powerful (can't get more "high" and "powerful" than leaders of a rich kingdom) because it was "the first" and, therefore, seemingly had the right to do so - yet, you forbid this person from attempting to create a title that has not yet been adapted by another member of the community?

I must ask (correct me if I'm wrong, as I may be thinking of another "Kingdom of such-and-such" nation that claimed that we should ignore countless wandering mobs in an area), how can the Kingdom of Arathor, who came to power and create a load of useless "server lore", some of which contradicts WoW lore almost completely to allow the survival of their guild concept (i.e. Bloodline etc.), criticise a similar (but somewhat less extreme) attempt from some other random roleplayer? This doesn't just apply to Arathor, though; I point to pretty much every guild that started off as a "famous bunch of nobles" or similar and ask what the difference is between their fame and the position ("Sheriff of a Poor State") this guy is asking. Sure, you may have "earned" that position now, but you sure as hell didn't deserve it at the start.

However, as I said above, I agree with the previous posts - one should not follow the example of these "bad role-model" guilds and usurp power, rather, one should earn it rightfully.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 am

Etular wrote:Despite agreeing with both the above, I must bring up an important point (that has, most likely, been argued to no end):

Faralan Thorgint wrote:

First and foremost, this is not under any circumstances a direct attack on any Guild, Person etc. If I'm completely wrong, correct me on this, but I'm assuming a "Kardonir" is some high-rank in the actual Kingdom of Arathor in comparison to, for example, a "Diplomat" that is unassociated with the guild. I believe the rather ironic part of that statement is in the fact that, when the guild was first formed, it made itself high and powerful (can't get more "high" and "powerful" than leaders of a rich kingdom) because it was "the first" and, therefore, seemingly had the right to do so - yet, you forbid this person from attempting to create a title that has not yet been adapted by another member of the community?

I must ask (correct me if I'm wrong, as I may be thinking of another "Kingdom of such-and-such" nation that claimed that we should ignore countless wandering mobs in an area), how can the Kingdom of Arathor, who came to power and create a load of useless "server lore", some of which contradicts WoW lore almost completely to allow the survival of their guild concept (i.e. Bloodline etc.), criticise a similar (but somewhat less extreme) attempt from some other random roleplayer? This doesn't just apply to Arathor, though; I point to pretty much every guild that started off as a "famous bunch of nobles" or similar and ask what the difference is between their fame and the position ("Sheriff of a Poor State") this guy is asking. Sure, you may have "earned" that position now, but you sure as hell didn't deserve it at the start.

However, as I said above, I agree with the previous posts - one should not follow the example of these "bad role-model" guilds and usurp power, rather, one should earn it rightfully.
I'm not claiming anything, I want to earn it first, of course. Who said anything about claiming?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:32 am

Mortima wrote:To be honest, if we make more and more projects based on new RP hubs - well, we seperate the whole RP community and just pin them into different spots.
It's World of Warcraft. a world and we RP in a large Kingdom. Why do you think we shouldn't create a RP hub in Westfall?
Some RP:ers character are from Westfall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 am

Ahh, you miss my point! We cannot simply supply so many RPers, to fit every single detail of lore; although your point is valid, we must consider the fact that too many chefs spoils the broth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:41 am

Victor Soderbergh wrote:
I'm not claiming anything, I want to earn it first, of course. Who said anything about claiming?

Mostly just the original post being the equivalent of "Does anyone have any objections that I receive this title?", whereas most titles nowadays are bestowed upon the person by the community themselves and/or guild positions without a person asking the community directly. Ofcourse, if you create a guild in which you're made "Sheriff", I wouldn't complain - as that seems to be how it's mostly done nowadays. Rolling Eyes I applaud you for asking the community in the first place.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 am

<Throws in his two cents> I like when people do these kind of things, try to spread the RP a little. I see no harm in the attempt either, If It's possible for me to go to both Duskwood and Westfall and stumble into random rp - I'll approve of it. If the rank is earned rightfully, or something along those lines - I see no harm in trying to create Westfall into a RP hub.

Mortima wrote:To be honest, if we make more and more projects based on new RP hubs - well, we seperate the whole RP community and just pin them into different spots.

As for this; As long as It's within the Kingdom of Stormwind, there's no harm in it really. Takes about a minute to travel from one city to the other. And if people want to spread the RP a little, and that becomes a problem - Just make a schedule here on the forum of where you RP on different nights. Simple, I'd definately approve of that idea! That'd get us to see a bit more of wow than the gloomy environment of Duskwood and overrated square of the Cathedral.
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:47 am

No, no. You misunderstood my point; on the basis of spreading out RP, I support it fully - but! When we have more RP hubs growing: e.g Gilneas, Duskwood, etc. We're slowly breaking up the close-knit bonds of RPers, forcing them to have to split to find RP. If we continue to structure more RP hubs, with our limited quantity of RPers we will end up with 2-3 RPers a hub... I quite frankly, wouldn't see enjoyment in turning up to a deserted 'RP hub'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 am

If these places would become deserted, it's my fault, it's that what you're saying?
They would not, but if a RP:er chooses to change land, it's up to him.
Atleast Westfall would stay in contact with the other RP hubs. I would make sure such things will never come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:52 am

I'm not saying it's your fault, but the quote I stated before 'too many chefs, spoil the broth' would relate to this scenario we have. If you can link to other RP hubs, that would be excellent but you've got to consider entertaining yourself... Rather than, waiting endlessly for a specific event to take place; that may never show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 am

Don't worry about me, I know the risks. Smile
I will do my best to be a good part of the RP community.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Mortima wrote:No, no. You misunderstood my point; on the basis of spreading out RP, I support it fully - but! When we have more RP hubs growing: e.g Gilneas, Duskwood, etc. We're slowly breaking up the close-knit bonds of RPers, forcing them to have to split to find RP. If we continue to structure more RP hubs, with our limited quantity of RPers we will end up with 2-3 RPers a hub... I quite frankly, wouldn't see enjoyment in turning up to a deserted 'RP hub'.
One could see this the opposite way as well. The more RP hubs there are, the less people people remain at the cathedral square, either lolRPing or aimlessly running around trying to find decent RP. It's not about creating too many hubs, it's about dedication. No one should take up on a position/RP task that they're not certain they will be able to uphold for longer than a month. We all know how the novelty of most ideas or concepts wears off after the initial excitement. So make hubs, but make sure to have the will to sustain them. RP won't go too thin unless those hubs become ridiculously many, something I seriously doubt to ever experience.

As for claiming a title or a function; like others have said, the best way to do this is through RP itself. Let the character grow into said role instead of planting it in the middle of it all. That way you'll be able to RP his position a lot easier and you'll also give those around you the time to get used to his role in a much more natural and smooth way.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Mandui wrote:

As for claiming a title or a function; like others have said, the best way to do this is through RP itself. Let the character grow into said role instead of planting it in the middle of it all. That way you'll be able to RP his position a lot easier and you'll also give those around you the time to get used to his role in a much more natural and smooth way.
People have seen me in RP, some have written about, but sure. I will give 'em time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Queen of Stromgarde
Emperor of the Gurubashi
General of Stormwind's Armies
Counciller of Stormwind
Chairman/Lady of Stormwind
Owner of Tyr's Hand
Lord in Gilneas (because everybody and their mother will leap at the chance to call me a hypocrit).

Sorry, but if we're going to leap on the idea of somebody being a Sheriff and call it a bad idea then people need to look at what else they're accepting. Roleplaying 'up to' that role is barely an excuse for me since people will either be given the title by a previous authority without actually doing anything or will host a couple of decent events and claiming they can be Lord-Emperor-General of Kul Tiras.

I, personally do not have an issue with this (that is the Sheriff title, not the above) at all. Provided that it is intended as the stepping stone into beginning more roleplay in Westfall (or elsewhere) and not simply as somebody granting themselves a title for the sake of waving their virtual pixel dick around then what the hoo-harr.

Although, I do think Sheriff would have fit better in the more People's Militia stage (since now its the Westfall Brigade), Stoutmantle is already called the Marshal, no? Still, don't see why we couldn't have another.

Last edited by Gunnell on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Don't forget to add "Lord of Gilneas" to your list there.

Also, to the OP. Make events, create RP and earn your rank. No one will say anything if you do that.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Geldar wrote:Don't forget to add "Lord of Gilneas" to your list there.

Also, to the OP. Make events, create RP and earn your rank. No one will say anything if you do that.

Oh, I didn't see that one coming. At all.

Lord of Keel, a town in Gilneas (not 'Gilneas') that we actually worked to actively turn into a roleplaying hub which ironically enough isn't in Yellow so lets-pretend-it-doesn't-exist-here. I picked the title because frankly there needs to be some form of authority figure IC over the masses and every Tom Dick & Harry is liable to proclaim themselves a noble of some degree and pretty much everybody was calling Gunnell "Mi'lord" from the start anyway.

So if you're going to throw in the excuse of "I led a couple of WPvP events" then by this point I should be King-Regent of Gilneas. There's a difference between giving yourself a title that is relatively needed (such as over a guild or roleplaying hub; in this case a Sheriff in Westfall so somebody has authority over the masses) and not being allinged to any proper hub and simply giving yourself it as a reward or a over the top title that whilst fits the category of needed you could easily get away with by giving yourself a 'lower' one (Steward/Lord of X area in Arathi instead of actual Queen for instance).

Last edited by Gunnell on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 pm

@ Jeho

Duskwood isn't overrated at all. It's the the best zone in the game from every point of view in every way and I think it's UNDERRATED!! bagh
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Gunnell wrote:

Lord of Keel, a town in Gilneas (not 'Gilneas') that we actually worked to actively turn into a roleplaying hub which ironically enough isn't in Yellow so lets-pretend-it-doesn't-exist-here. I picked the title because frankly there needs to be some form of authority figure IC over the masses and every Tom Dick & Harry is liable to proclaim themselves a noble of some degree and pretty much everybody was calling Gunnell "Mi'lord" from the start anyway.

So if you're going to throw in the excuse of "I led a couple of WPvP events" then by this point I should be King-Regent of Gilneas.

It would be Lord-Regent dear, and being Emperor of the Gurubashi is claiming nothing but a title in a guild, the gurubashi are technically extinct (by real lore) so Shrogan is treading on nothing. He earned his title as did all Emperors before him. Just because Keel is a town doesn't change anything. Don't begin to call the kettle black when you are in fact a pot..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Gunnell wrote:

So if you're going to throw in the excuse of "I led a couple of WPvP events" then by this point I should be King-Regent of Gilneas.

It would be Lord-Regent dear, and being Emperor of the Gurubashi is claiming nothing but a title in a guild, the gurubashi are technically extinct (by real lore) so Shrogan is treading on nothing. He earned his title as did all Emperors before him. Just because Keel is a town doesn't change anything. Don't begin to call the kettle black when you are in fact a pot..

Check my updated original post. Naturally, the Stormwind Council circle-jerk leap on me because I've mentioned one of its flock. Also the 'King-Regent' was sarcasm of an exaggerated title, Princess of Arat- Stromgarde. Gurubashi Emperor was listed as an example of a high title, but not necessarly one I have anything against.

Last edited by Gunnell on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Gunnell wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Gunnell wrote:

Check my updated original post. Naturally, the Stormwind Council circle-jerk leap on me because I've mentioned one of its flock. Also the 'King-Regent' was sarcasm of an exaggerated title, Princess of Arat- Stromgarde.

Oh get off your high horse.. I believe I defended Shrogan, not Geldar. So take your conspiracy theories and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next