Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A) Rumors from Westfall

Go down

(A) Rumors from Westfall Empty (A) Rumors from Westfall

Post by Drecain Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:08 am

There has not been many peices of news coming out of Westfall for a long time. The defias rebellion led by the daughter of Edwin van Cleef pewered out as she committed suicide in the Deadmines after adventurers fought their way inside. The govenment in Stormwind, its resources spread to thin from the multiple warfronts were not able to help all the downtrodden vagrants in need of assistance. One would expect them to organize and demand justice before the king but there has been no such development. Things have been quiet over there. Too quiet...

Rumors are starting to come out from traders and guardsmen returning from duty from the province. Rumors about strange changes in the weather. Westfall was always blessed with a lot of sunshine that ensured it remained one of Stormwinds most important farmlands, but now... A strange and unnatural dampness has rolled in from the sea. If it were only normal sea air no one would think much of it, but this dampness - this mist.. It brings a chill to the bone. What is worse is that people whisper about strange shapes in the mists, skulking about the countryside as it gets covered more and more with an unnatural curtain of thick fog...

OOC:
Drecain
Drecain

Character sheet
Name: Drecain Emberstorm
Title: Twilight Herald

Back to top Go down

(A) Rumors from Westfall Empty Re: (A) Rumors from Westfall

Post by Drecain Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:35 am

A couple of Stormwind guards are talking to each other on their way to the barracks. The first one is a middle-aged veteran and the other a wide-eyed youth. The veteran is the one doing most of the talking.

"Light but it's good to be back in the city again. You try spending a month helping people who don't want your help. Westfall is in a bad state I tell you. It's almost as bad as we had during the Defias days a couple of years back. If the young King doesn't do anything soon we might get another rebel group over there before long."

The youth shrugs and chimes in
"Yeah I guess. I'm a lot more worried about the war on the broken isles. I'm so disappointed that I didn't get to go."

The older guardsman pats the younger man on the shoulder in a fatherly manner.

"Hey, don't go rushing headfirst into that. We've got an important duty right here. The attacks on the king and then this attack on the Stormwind council. We've got our work cut out for us before any thoughts of fighting on the front should even be crossing your mind."

"Eh, I guess.." the youth doesn't seem convinced, but he doesn't pursue the topic further. The two guards disappear into the barracks building and the bustle and murmur of the city streets continue.
Drecain
Drecain

Character sheet
Name: Drecain Emberstorm
Title: Twilight Herald

Back to top Go down