Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

+19
Saevir
Jayse
Kozgugore Feraleye
Rasonal Dranger
Nassulra / Dobkins
Antistia
Gallandria
Jomir
Nayan
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Dharum
Geldar
(Goggy) - Exilius
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gunnell
Ataris
Kil'drakor
Elízabéth Moren
Dyrael/Alexandra
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay - Page 4 Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:09 am

Nayan wrote:
Ataris wrote:As I said, I haven't played the game for 8 months now.
And I've stopped playing alliance since last May, which is almost exactly a year ago Wink

And again, I'm not saying RP is non-existant. I'm saying it's hard to find outside of the Cathedral square and Smoking Blade. People who know who to talk to and what guild is where won't have any issues. But new people don't.

I think it's a problem personally, from my experience and talking to people about it over the course of these 4 years. If people don't want to acknowledge it, sure, it's not like I play the game anymore.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay - Page 4 Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 am

That's the thing. Even though this is an RP server, people don't want to be in character all the time (save for a few fanatics). Thus, when they want to be IC, they will all clot to a central hub known for (good) random roleplay.

Storylines ofcourse, can develop outside these hubs, because it will probably be organized to take part there.

Anyway, as long as everyone isn't IC 24/7, you will always have one or two hubs where everybody is going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:That's the thing. Even though this is an RP server, people don't want to be in character all the time (save for a few fanatics). Thus, when they want to be IC, they will all clot to a central hub known for (good) random roleplay.

Storylines ofcourse, can develop outside these hubs, because it will probably be organized to take part there.

Anyway, as long as everyone isn't IC 24/7, you will always have one or two hubs where everybody is going.

Of course, don't think anyone can demand ICness 24/7. It'd just be nice to see people take initiative and do an RP expedition or something of the like. Talk to people on the way.

It's quite fun to do IMO.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Ataris wrote:
Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:That's the thing. Even though this is an RP server, people don't want to be in character all the time (save for a few fanatics). Thus, when they want to be IC, they will all clot to a central hub known for (good) random roleplay.

Of course, don't think anyone can demand ICness 24/7. It'd just be nice to see people take initiative and do an RP expedition or something of the like. Talk to people on the way.

In "our guild" the disciples of light, we actively encourage random rp with people you don´t know, for example starting a conversation with some random person who sits on a bench somewhere.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Bennedict wrote:
Ataris wrote:

In "our guild" the disciples of light, we actively encourage random rp with people you don´t know, for example starting a conversation with some random person who sits on a bench somewhere.

Good to hear. ^^

Just wish people would do that outside SW.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:02 pm

I went to buy the white Alterac wolf mount on my paladin, couple of months ago, and ran smack-dab into a bunch of Red Blades.

Instead of just running over, grabbing the mount and running off, I hopped IC, started walking and excused myself awkwardly, claiming I had business with the quartermaster, nothing more.

Kinda got a couple of "*grunt!* Who's the elf?! Watcha want?" comments and such, but I didn't want to interfere with whatever they were up to, so quickly and politely got myself away from there. Was brief but fun, anyhow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

We orcses tend to hang out in the most damnedest places indeed!

On that note, I always enjoyed moving around in the world far more than just sticking around in one particular city. Suppose that's why I prefer Horde, as it allows for such situations far easier, apparently.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:14 am

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote: Suppose that's why I prefer Horde, as it allows for such situations far easier, apparently.

No, tis just that most have a heart attack if even the thought of spending five minutes to go somewhere that isn't Stormwind crosses the mind.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:08 am

That's part of what I meant. As soon as you go outside the cities on Alliance, at least as far as I noticed, it won't stay out there for long. People will hang around for a bit, but they'll go back to the city after a good few hours.

No offence to any Alliance players of course, I'm sure they've a reason to hang out in the cities instead (at least I hope so). I simply prefer it the other way around.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:25 pm

You want more RP? Sure, advertising the realm on the official Forums with movies and such might help, but I think the best way to RP is....RP yourself, be active, go out there, show there is RP and talk to new people instead of the old ones

And don't be afraid to approach people who's RP seems to be of "low quality" That's elitist attitude and you better remember that you too started somewhere. I've taken on people in DRS who were bordeline OOC when they joined and are now quality RP'ers if you can bring up the patience to show 'em the ropes.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Very well said, Dorik. ^^
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4