Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

+19
Saevir
Jayse
Kozgugore Feraleye
Rasonal Dranger
Nassulra / Dobkins
Antistia
Gallandria
Jomir
Nayan
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Dharum
Geldar
(Goggy) - Exilius
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gunnell
Ataris
Kil'drakor
Elízabéth Moren
Dyrael/Alexandra
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay Empty Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

Post by Dyrael/Alexandra Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 am

Hi everyone.

I've been rather concerned at the declension that Defias Brotherhood has been suffering particularly when it comes to Roleplay.
A few years ago, perhaps one or two, the Cities used to be full, occupied, intense, there were a lot of RP plots, and even places like Silvermoon were habited and alive by most races... Everything was "alive", it was inspiring. Since the end of TBC if I recall correctly, this has slowly been going down. The truth is that as the realm's population passed from "High" to "Medium", the Roleplayers have been vanishing, even with the effort of the old guilds of the realm that have been doing an excelent work like the mediatic case of DRS that have been posting videos to promote the realm in general, and their guild in particular.
For some reason, people are leaving, where? I don't know, but it's notorious that the RP itself it's less frequent, the events are less likely to happen, guilds have been "dying" or become almost inactive, and consequently the roleplayers left perhaps somehow unmotivated... No

I've been trying to think of solutions to this, and obviously they do not remain on creating more guilds, even if the ideas are fantastic since most likely what will happen is that people will leave one for another, or create alts, neglecting the former guilds. I don't know.. I really don't have an answer to this either, the community is, gladly, thanks to the effort of many people becoming more united, more cooperative, but there's still a lot to do, in my opinion.

What do you think Defias RP is missing? Why are people leaving for realms as known as Argent Dawn or so?

I'm really sorry for the late-night concerned post, but, it would be terribly sad to allow defias brotherhood to die in favor to other RP realms which can be good, but definately, not Defias.
Dyrael/Alexandra
Dyrael/Alexandra

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 am

Aye, Defias has been dying lately, but I think we will survive this, I mean we still have a fair RP community that I dont think is really going anywhere. I transfered my loladin to Argent Dawn and tbh it isnt that great, its just CYBOR, CYBOR CYBOR CYBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! Thats all that goddamn realm is, cybor. Cybor.

But we will survive im sure.

but definately, not Defias.

I see what you did there!
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 am

The Orcs of the Red Blade are as vivid as ever, anyway. And I avoid Silvermoon City and its role-play personally.

Every other month a topic like this pops up somewhere, but I think it's just a matter of perception. Moreover, if there is a decline, it would be because the game is in a late stage, and it is very easy to grab some epics and do ICC10/25. I can understand that people feel the need to experience this content.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 am

I think DB just needs to start looking after it's newer RPers more and we'll be fine.

Wrath sucked(compared to TBC/vanilla) and it's the end of the expansion. People take breaks etc.

Why people leave for AD I have no idea though. Maybe they prefer the PvE ruleset?
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 am

It does seem that most people who have quit intend to try Cataclysm, therefore I would say we can expect an influx/greater RP after the inital buzz of "Z0MG NU C0NTENTZ!111!" wears down.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 am

If I remember correctly, AD is not a rppvp server, so people here who have gotten tired of being killed/ganked and can't take it like a g.i.r.l. change to somewhere safe. Then there's the cybor overkill, quite sure not want btw.

Things that COULD be done, from a horde point of view:
1: Get-togethers, not as much events but just hanging around between the races. Guldu, loa rest is soul or something, got that going and looks like it will continue. We'd have to take a look on more like this, not directly another bar. Maybe we could give the economy a kick and have a weekly or biweekly market somewhere.

2: There are some roleplayer that don't visit the realm forums or defiasrp and don't know about RP channels. And it can be scary for new roleplayers to join. Considering what came over from sporegar, we shouldn't try to close ourselves off from potential sources and be more open. Example?
I was on my dwarf and walked into Ironforge to pick up some skills. Roughly an hour later my dwarf walks out, part of DRS.

3: Something that has been openly discussed, a group of people that work together for larger things, wars and the like. Now, I think that it would be better to keep those things a secret. Because if you know something oocly from beginning to end, it's not as fun as having your char discover everything icly. Atleast in my opinion.

Also, SB has gotten a steady increase in numbers of the last couple of weeks.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 am

Same for the cult, we've got some nifty increases. But we're beginning to suffer from an increase of alts and overall' So we mainly gather up for events.

As for the Horde, we need to do something that does keep our Community together and somewhat aware of the businesses going on around. We've got five major, fleshed out racial' guilds but we were rarely do something together. Razz Orcs hate the Forsaken, Gurubashis hate everyone, Elves be in Cybermoon, us Forsaken plan to murder everbody, and the Tauren and Thieves are sadly on a decline these days. :X Our community is very restricted. :>
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:26 am

For 5 years i`ve been on DB i have enjoyed it to all its extends. RP is still good if you know where to look for it, of course its not wide spread as in Vanilla but its still god damned better than AD. AD`s quality of RP is mediocre at best its just the fact there is a terrible amount of numbers there that make it any different than Defias Brotherhood and to be honest, DB is far better than AD when it comes to quality of RP not to mention to horse cawk girls who can transform to different forms of flora and fauna with which to have intercorse with you.

There has been a slight decline in numbers thats just normal. Just wait till` Cata hits, heh things will definetly change for the better then.

What we can improve? Handle the new RPers better, show them the right steps, guilds and etc.
More co-ordinated mass events for the community. Both Horde&Alliance, more advertising of the realm and more publicity to who we are, what we do and where we come from. After all this is Defias Brotherhood, its not the BEST RPPvP realm there is for nothing.

PS: And more co-ordination between everyone really.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 am

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Same for the cult, we've got some nifty increases. But we're beginning to suffer from an increase of alts and overall' So we mainly gather up for events.

As for the Horde, we need to do something that does keep our Community together and somewhat aware of the businesses going on around. We've got five major, fleshed out racial' guilds but we were rarely do something together. Razz Orcs hate the Forsaken, Gurubashis hate everyone, Elves be in Cybermoon, us Forsaken plan to murder everbody, and the Tauren and Thieves are sadly on a decline these days. :X Our community is very restricted. :>

Well, the Gurubashi hating everybody and the Forsaken planning to hug everybody is kind of what you made of it yourselves. If you feel impaired by that in role-play, nobody is stopping you to alter your role-play a bit into being more friendly and aligned with the other races. It's as restricted as you make of it, really.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 am

Tbh as said earlier many have left the game because of it's current state not because of Defias Brotherhood.

I kinda promised that I'd come back in few weeks but it has now been well over a month and I find it really hard to think of a good reason to come back anymore...

D:
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 am

While I'm relatively new to RP in wow (started in September) I don't know much about how it used to be. However, not a single day goes by without me finding random RP, events etc by various guilds/people. Yes I agree, there aren't much city RP, atleast not on horde (aside from Silvermoon though) but there are other RP hubs. Smile
Yes there are some OOC'ers, if not many, but in my general perspective, i see more RP'ers than OOC'ers Smile

//Feli
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 am

What Feli said (except for the "relatively new to RP in wow" part) goes for me too. I see these threads far more than I experience "lack of RP", so I'm fairly convinced it's simply the individual perception speaking. I'm solidly convinced it's more about getting to know people. Once you find yourself with many contacts, RP is... anywhere anytime, really. Granted I'm on a low pace, recently, but I still have eyes and see around me, even if I don't participate that much.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:15 am

Nothing brings the community together like a good old fashioned battle! I'm sure alot of us remember the last anniversary wars, especially the grizzly hills battle where i think over 100 people turned up to. IMO there have been alot of just two-guild battles recently where other guilds get turned away for not being apart of the storyline, so a big battle should not necassarily be IC at all so everyone in the community can take part
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 am

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:Nothing brings the community together like a good old fashioned battle! I'm sure alot of us remember the last anniversary wars, especially the grizzly hills battle where i think over 100 people turned up to. IMO there have been alot of just two-guild battles recently where other guilds get turned away for not being apart of the storyline, so a big battle should not necassarily be IC at all so everyone in the community can take part

^This, dammit!
Altough..... there was a &*%$load of lag. But still way sweet.

Do want pixel blood stained ground.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:16 pm

This is something I've been aware of quite some time now. o.< Not much I can think about that would help but -

Defias is a large and known server. Once Cataclysm hits, there might come alot of new players from other servers(or games?) to try the new races. Whether they're good or not, that's a different question.

But one can always hope! ;p
There's one thing though. This forum is a great idea and all, but by shielding ourself of from the "world" the other roleplaying realms might not notice a large rp-activity anymore on the realm forum etc. Might be something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm

This forum should be the squids head, but we lack the 8 to 10 arms to fish up innocent new roleplayers.
Spoiler:
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Oi! How dare you say somthing like that Kristeas! You must be purified! *Burns*
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Elízabéth Moren wrote:Oi! How dare you say somthing like that Kristeas! You must be purified! *Burns*

Oh right... my bad.

but we lack the 8 to 10 tentacles to fish up innocent new

Better?

You should roll more horde, the draenei are getting to you Neutral
Afterall, we got (among things) belves that ditched their king and the red (Blade) menace.
Did I mention we have a lot of red?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Elízabéth Moren wrote:Oi! How dare you say somthing like that Kristeas! You must be purified! *Burns*

Oh right... my bad.

but we lack the 8 to 10 tentacles to fish up innocent new

Better?

You should roll more horde, the draenei are getting to you Neutral

If you RPd on Alliance you'd know that im probably the most squid-hating alliance RPer there is. o.O

And as for the tentacles nay it isnt better, how dare you insult Communism!
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 pm

1: Really, do tell.
2: Because it is easy?

Also,
Start giving ingame RP seminars?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyrael/Alexandra Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Back to the topic...

I've been on Alliance over a year now, and was on Horde before for about 10-11 months. And if it's true that the game content is not motivating in general terms, due to the "end of the expansion", it's also true that some roleplayers do leave, and it's rare to see new ones, who we could actually help.

After my experience with Alterac, and as me and Saíhna agreed to merge Alterac's members with Arathor, I was quite impressed to find such a great community. And it's rare, I must confess, setting feet to Stormwind, if not on tuesday for the Council Events, which are still a main focus of the Alliance RP, yet whenever I go there, things seem to be in the declension that I mentioned before, less people, less roleplay, and of course, two or three "funny" OOCers...

As for the Horde side, I must confess that I couldn't resist joining the Cult of Shadow with my Undead Death Knight, and though I've been there for three days, if so, I'm also very suprised with the community, positively surprised.. Not only the RP does happen as the way they "push" you into knowing their ways is as great.

But this is where the problem resides. Agreeing with Geldar that we are the best RPPVP realm, since I also have seen AD's, then why are we losing people, losing RP, and they aren't?

Also something that I'd love to point out would be indeed to create more events with more guilds, in order to bind the community together, but that's just me speaking..
Dyrael/Alexandra
Dyrael/Alexandra

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

seminars?

Wut?

Argent Dawn as ive said isnt that great though... I mean, its been hard so far to find any RP that isnt cybor >.>.

Im sure its just an affect of the end of the expansion, when Cata hits im sure we will get more people.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Elydrian/Ophelia/Eilyth wrote:
But this is where the problem resides. Agreeing with Geldar that we are the best RPPVP realm, since I also have seen AD's, than why are we losing people, losing RP, and they aren't?

How would you describe their rp?
Easy to digest, simple... what we would consider "lolrp"?

Also something that I'd love to point out would be indeed to create more events with more guilds, in order to bind the community together, but that's just me speaking..

Edit:
Seminars, "lessons" if you will for rp'ers. Something like that Academy thing written on the realm forums.

Something festival of lights like?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm

We arent that organized, were simply un-intelligent monkeys who cant stay on the topic at hand.

That what would happen if we all got together in a meeting.

EDIT : FU Youtube and your embedding requests Sad Guess if people want to see the epic arguement that would unfold if we all got together they have to follow that link, but were un-intelligent monkeys afterall...
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyrael/Alexandra Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Argent Dawn's? Aye, simple, too casual, too weird RP.. I don't know, might also be since I'm not inside the realm but my experience is not that great, I must confess.
Dyrael/Alexandra
Dyrael/Alexandra

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next