Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

+19
Saevir
Jayse
Kozgugore Feraleye
Rasonal Dranger
Nassulra / Dobkins
Antistia
Gallandria
Jomir
Nayan
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Dharum
Geldar
(Goggy) - Exilius
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gunnell
Ataris
Kil'drakor
Elízabéth Moren
Dyrael/Alexandra
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 am

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Edit: O´rly? It seems fine to me, what do you see? ;O
Additional alts and Guild name: Sev - The Highwayman
[b] Spooke - Shipwrecked Pirate/ Forsaken Lightslayer
[/b
Think he means the fact that your bbcode is unfinished, so the last bold part isn't bold but half-coded. Could be char size limitation, try removing a space from somewhere (perhaps the space between "[b]" and "Spooke"?), and re-add the closing bracket at the end.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 am

What had been mentioned before here is are valid reasons. Especially the "take a break untill the next expansion" argument.

People pay for the entire package, not just the RP side. If the gameplay sucks, gets repetative or gets boring, I'm losing the will to pay for it. So, many people, as did I, took a break, at least untill cataclysm. And we pray that it will be a lot better than Wrath, even though I think I might get disappointed...

Also, a lot of new members feel they are being left out, even though the community has done a lot to make them feel welcome, especially if they introduced themselves on the realm forums. The problem here is either lack of initiative; they expect RP to come to THEM, not the other way around. Or, reason number two, they show too much and start ambitious RP guilds with such high requirements (E.g. rep requirements or race requirements, even though every race is already represented) that they drown, their GM's getting disappointed.

People should not want to be an awesome snowflake, but instead need to adjust their RP in a way they can fit in to existing guilds. I did, in my RP days, and got a lot out of it. Maybe THAT is what we need to tell the new community. Apply for a guild ASAP, as (at least on Horde side) RP is limited to guilds A LOT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 am

Agreed with what Archal said, but seeing a specific point differently:
Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:Apply for a guild ASAP, as (at least on Horde side) RP is limited to guilds A LOT.
I'd put that entirely different.
Apply for a guild ASAP, as (at least on Horde side) guilds help establish RP a LOT.

It's not a guild's fault that people cannot cope with single finding steady RP because they make guild plots and events. Same as it's not an individual's fault if another individual can't find RP. Guilds do their best to keep RP flowing and should never be accused of that. I haven't seen a guild forbid RPing with individuals (except ofc if the prohibition is IC due to the guild's nature). The fact that they offer more and more should not be counted as a "crime" at all, it's just wrong.

And tbh, establishing an RP environment requires knowing people and situations. For a newcomer, it's a tremendous aid to have that in the cosy embrace of a guild that provides them with such. A seasoned RP'er can keep RP'ing even in a top endgame PvE-guild, as they always meet chars they know or know of, and it's easier to spark RP. A newcomer only sees unknown names. Much easier for them to at least recognize a guildtag and get to meet people through their guild's "contact list" and events.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 am

Exacly as I meant it, though maybe stated a bit too harsh. I found that, on horde side, to get to know people you first need to be guilded with the right people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:30 am

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:People should not want to be an awesome snowflake, but instead need to adjust their RP in a way they can fit in to existing guilds.
Listen up, maggots! You are not special! You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake! You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else!

Fight clubbing aside, I'm not sure how it is on Alliance, as I assume it might be a little easier to jump into the RP there with all the random RP going on in Stormwind for example, but I imagine it would be quite the challenge on Horde. Your closest call to random RP there would be to either go to Ratchet or perhaps Silvermoon (no idea if there's still any random RP there), or to simply join a guild. Another option for them -would- be to join the LFRP channel, but most of the time, I'm pretty much one of the only people present on it. A lot of newcomers who come to check out the server tend to log on to that, but I simply can't always help them, either because I'm not familiar with, say, the blood elf-based RP of the server, or I'm too busy with an event or the likes. Seems like a big chance that we're all together are running out on, because the word "LFRP" has become a very common term on RP servers. Every RP server save for DB anyway.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 am

Still, if you haven't got a familiar name OR a social attitude, you're not going to get any. RP is very similar to sex, regarding this.

The problem with people is, they stand around looking cool in Stormwind wearing their carefully sorted RP armor, and expect people to go and approach them. THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. You've got to make the first steps yourself. And WHEN this is not happening, people are going to make threads about how inactive RP is on this server.

If I would buy gametime RIGHT now, I'm 100% sure I could engage in RP within 10 minutes, that is including startup times. And this is with my crappy PC.

Edit: With someone I don't, or hardly know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:00 am

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:The problem with people is, they stand around looking cool in Stormwind wearing their carefully sorted RP armor, and expect people to go and approach them. THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. You've got to make the first steps yourself. And WHEN this is not happening, people are going to make threads about how inactive RP is on this server.

I agree. And i'll add a litle insight as to how I started out as it may help *shrugs*

I started with a simple idea. I wanted to Rp an SI:7 agent and to give a reason as to why Jayse suddenly arrived. He'd been on a longterm mission and upon arriving back to the agency he got screwed over in a security conspiracy and framed for murder. So he had to go on the run, in the city hiding in plain sight. Which set it all off nicley..

I started with simple random RP, having to mug people on the street as SI:7 would have the counting house watched and parchments of his transactions would be monitord along with gyphon travel. So having no money he needed to eat.. and the twist was.. he didn't actually want to do it. He never openly looked to harm anyone and more often then not had to escape or dive into the canals when people put up a resistance..

By doing that I got to know a few names and as I was nearby I discovered the blade. It was a good place to lay low.. for a week i'd do nothing but enter and sit under the stairs. Just observing both IC and OOC, leanring how things worked and getting know names. The IC bit was him using the tavern as a place to hideout and see if the agency was asking questions through first or third parties..

After a while he got talking to the staff. He related with Tarcus after sharing a little military history and in return offered a meal to Jay each evening so he didn't have to harrass the citizenry..

Due to being about and naturally looking rather shady, the guy under the stairs was hired by Annie and thus I started in the OTS.. and now well I know a lot of cool people, involved in investigating alot of the behind the scenes conspiracy RP going on and generally having a great time doing it. Smile

Essence is as above, you NEED to get involved and just jump in with both feet. Find RP and make your own. It's rewarding, great fun and you meet people. Building your network and generally being about is how you get RP and once people know your character and a little about yourself as a roleplayer, they will come to you and it's engaging.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 am

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:And WHEN this is not happening, people are going to make threads about how inactive RP is on this server.
Or in the words of an old friend: "I don't have time to read threads about how dead RP is, I'm too busy RPing"
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:16 am

Jayse wrote:<Story posted above>
In the words of the internets: Cool story, bro.

In all seriousness though, I think this is the way to get started if you're new to a server and would want RP. Just go find and create the RP for yourself. I've seen a -lot- of people (even in my guild) who try to rely on others far too much to create it for them, or to engage a personal storyline for them. Sadly, finding a place to engage in this kind of RP when you're not in a guild is a little harder when you're Horde, but heck, even that ain't an excuse.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 am

I think part of the problem is that new people don't know that though, which is why we oldies must take the first step and engage in random RP as often as we can, even with complete strangers.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am

When I started on DB I didn't have any idea where to go. Did get quite a shock with all the "strange names" but I just kept playing.
A couple of levels later (was 30 or something) I find a shiny little advert about a belf guild. But that wasn't my first rp, no sir.
My first rp was getting mugged by the Sixties ._. ... while waiting for my interview.
So...
Fate helps those that help themselves.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:55 pm

I was runnng around Deathknell on my Priest, lvl 2... First RP char ever, a bit scared about the whole RP concept. Suddenly this whole parade of fancy looking undeads enter the church and start preaching. I stuck around, keeping in the back of the chapel, just observing and trying to learn. They started talking about the Shadow, and I instantly knew that this was the guild for me.

RP happens in the most random places and situations. You just have to be openminded and look for it. Don't shun the new RP'ers, but embrace them, try to teach them if they do things wrong, and enlighten them in the ways of proper RP. The more people we guide in how to RP, the more RP'ers we'll get to bolster our ranks. Instead of ignoring new people who try and interact, be nice and explain things.

I've noticed that very many guilds and players just keep to themselves, which is fine in some cases, but if you compare it to RL, you meet new people every now and then. You might end up talking to someone random while waiting for someone/something. Don't close the door, but keep it open so others can also see what RP is all about. Keeping plots nad stuff "secret" is allright, but sometimes, RP gets a lot richer if someone "accidentally" gets a slip of the tongue. Interaction!

my two cents anyway... Wink

//Feli
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Hurr.
My first best actual rp on the server. (Not counting Vindicta on a distant alt)

I had been leveling an old character on a friends account, 28-50ish. I entered Silvermoon after all this leveling.

I walk about I see a female belf named "Mithailien". I thought; "Aha! That's totally a proper lore-name! Must be a roleplayer, she wears a dress and all!"
I approached her and she was, she then had me invited to her guild and so on. Dragged me into roleplay from that day. Totally random and jolly. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Felitzia wrote:I was runnng around Deathknell on my Priest, lvl 2... First RP char ever, a bit scared about the whole RP concept. Suddenly this whole parade of fancy looking undeads enter the church and start preaching. I stuck around, keeping in the back of the chapel, just observing and trying to learn. They started talking about the Shadow, and I instantly knew that this was the guild for me.

RP happens in the most random places and situations. You just have to be openminded and look for it. Don't shun the new RP'ers, but embrace them, try to teach them if they do things wrong, and enlighten them in the ways of proper RP. The more people we guide in how to RP, the more RP'ers we'll get to bolster our ranks. Instead of ignoring new people who try and interact, be nice and explain things.

I've noticed that very many guilds and players just keep to themselves, which is fine in some cases, but if you compare it to RL, you meet new people every now and then. You might end up talking to someone random while waiting for someone/something. Don't close the door, but keep it open so others can also see what RP is all about. Keeping plots nad stuff "secret" is allright, but sometimes, RP gets a lot richer if someone "accidentally" gets a slip of the tongue. Interaction!

my two cents anyway... Wink

//Feli

I remember that Feli, we ended up chatting a bit afterwards OOCly, I forwarded you the address of the Cult's forums and the rest is history Wink
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Ah, now ye get me all nostalgic.

<Salute> - Vermogen.

Raolin and I still bear the Legacy which he entrusted to us.

The '' 8D ''

Yeah, unique feller he was. ;D

Last edited by (Goggy) - Exilius on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:
<Salute> - Vermogen.

Now I'm all nostalgic too o.o

also, Vermogen gets +9000 for going off to become a IRL shaman. (or so he told us)
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Ataris wrote:I think part of the problem is that new people don't know that though, which is why we oldies must take the first step and engage in random RP as often as we can, even with complete strangers.

Spot on.

Note to self: Must have less intimidating rp outfits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I have no idea how someone can get the impression of DB not being lively RP wise, especially since the option of having characters on both factions. Many people have two or more characters on both sides, not to mention the plethora of people migrating to DB from other RP realms. One must be really blind to not notice how much RP activity there is around scratch
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:34 am

Mandui wrote:I have no idea how someone can get the impression of DB not being lively RP wise, especially since the option of having characters on both factions. Many people have two or more characters on both sides, not to mention the plethora of people migrating to DB from other RP realms. One must be really blind to not notice how much RP activity there is around scratch

Now, it's been a while since I played so I don't know if things have changed.

But only place you could see that DB was an RP server was at the Cathedral during evenings and the Smoking Blade those nights that they were open. Other than that, DB could as well be any PvP server. Random RP only really happened in SW, and new people don't know that they have to go to that one tavern to find RP.

As for migration I was under the impression that a lot of people were moving to AD, but then maybe my information is wrong.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 am

Dear, Ata, I'm afraid you are very wrong on that. I spent 1,5 year on Alliance, always had rp going on, and you can freely ask around and establish that I set foot in Stormwind no more than 5-6 times. RP is elsewhere too, not just in SW.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 am

Nayan wrote:Dear, Ata, I'm afraid you are very wrong on that. I spent 1,5 year on Alliance, always had rp going on, and you can freely ask around and establish that I set foot in Stormwind no more than 5-6 times. RP is elsewhere too, not just in SW.

As I said, I haven't played the game for 8 months now.

The time before that though I've been around since server launch on the Alliance. RP has (pretty much since the first disband on TSS) been limited to SW.

And I'm talking random RP here, not pre-setup events. That's another thing, but those aren't open to new people either. And that's what I'm talking about here. New people that don't know where to turn.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 am

Vermogen actually means wealth in dutch. That's like naming your paladin Kladdkaka, for the swedes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:06 am

Ataris wrote:As I said, I haven't played the game for 8 months now.
And I've stopped playing alliance since last May, which is almost exactly a year ago Wink
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:23 am

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:Vermogen actually means wealth in dutch.
"Capacity" though it could refer to financial capacity, it could also refer to the capacity of an engine, a transportation system etc.. Twisted Evil
Though, if I would run into someone named like that, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad name imo. Sure it sounds odd in Dutch but does it really matter?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 am

Either way he was the Guild Master of the Embrace of Death
A good feller, hate it love him, weren't it for him I wouldn't be here now!
Defias Brotherhood and Roleplay - Page 3 Mr-bur10
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next