Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mists of Pandaria

+59
Sadok
Melnerag
Lavian
Raelan
Zaraj
Odgan / Keag
erwtenpeller
The Z
siegmund
Arabella Greene
Coppersocket
Anivitas
Drustai
Amaryl
Muzjhath
Krogon Devilstep
Lexgrad
Rargnasha
Dr. Haluthious Vouten
Flo
Thrakha
Carandor
Tuomas/Decurius
Allonia_Miral
Helmut
Hermie
Quin
Ara
Baròth / Olian
Nifty
Lini
Raenmar
Littlepip
Cid
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Rmuffn
Solanum
Raene
Celistra
Ave/Sariella
Antistia
Rashka
Xen-tau
Demurral
Kil'drakor
Gesh
Khendran
Zalissa
Allandra
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ralegh
Dréfurion
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Finnabhair
Braiden
Ledgic
Emrys
Exigua
Ixirar
63 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mists of Pandaria - Page 20 Empty Re: Mists of Pandaria

Post by Amaryl Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:He didn't complain, he was wondering if someone could help him avoid it.

I even hope that people that don't enjoy ganking and being ganked to move to a server where they don't have to play under the "Threat of PvP".
That's essentially what he does.

No it isn't.

The point of the PvP ruleset is to play while under the Threat of PvP. That's the point of the realm. Wishing to move away from the defining feature of the rule-set, when leaving safe-zones into the open world, is complaining that the Threat of PvP is ruining his experience. (Otherwise why would you even want to avoid it?)

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 pm

*prepares popcorn*
The point of the PvP ruleset is to play while under the Threat of PvP. That's the point of the realm. Wishing to move away from the defining feature of the rule-set, when leaving safe-zones into the open world, is complaining that the Threat of PvP is ruining his experience.
Talking as one who can't bear PVP anymore, if he ever, I'd like to point out that the PVP ruleset in PVP realms is in short just harassment made legal. Does one want to flee from such a hassle? Now he can, and he doesn't complain. He just takes the step forward, just leaves(as much as he can).
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm

I rolled here because after some superficial research, this server appeared to have the most appealing role-playing community (And an old friend of me and Thelos already had a character here). I don't care much for the pvp ruleset, I'd rather have a pve one. But hey, rolled is rolled, and now I'm too entrenched in this community to go somewhere else. I shall tolerate the ganking.

It's not like it's -that- much of a bother anyway, you don't lose any gold, xp, or other important commodity.

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I don't even know why the fuck I rolled here.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Meh, nothing wrong with wanting to do dailies on another realm then comming back. But i won't let that damn horde tag -my- mobs! DIE! *staby stab* And if anything goes wrong i got vanish.

Edit: I rolled becouse a friend played here and i did mostly focus on PvE and raiding at first anyway, but ended up fun. "Hmm RP-PvP ... What does that even mean?" *shrugs and rolls*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:28 pm

siegmund wrote:Meh, nothing wrong with wanting to do dailies on another realm then comming back. But i won't let that damn horde tag -my- mobs! DIE! *staby stab* And if anything goes wrong i got vanish.

Edit: I rolled becouse a friend played here and i did mostly focus on PvE and raiding at first anyway, but ended up fun. "Hmm RP-PvP ... What does that even mean?" *shrugs and rolls*

And so we come full circle.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Amaryl wrote:
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:He didn't complain, he was wondering if someone could help him avoid it.

I even hope that people that don't enjoy ganking and being ganked to move to a server where they don't have to play under the "Threat of PvP".
That's essentially what he does.

No it isn't.
Yes, yes it is. What the function does is transfer him to another realm, and then that realm's rules apply, even if only for a limited time. Pretty much the same as if you paid for a transfer to AD and then 3 days later decided to transfer back.

The point of the PvP ruleset is to play while under the Threat of PvP. That's the point of the realm. Wishing to move away from the defining feature of the rule-set, when leaving safe-zones into the open world, is complaining that the Threat of PvP is ruining his experience. (Otherwise why would you even want to avoid it?)
No, it is saying that he wishes to avoid it for a certain period. There's a difference between that and complaining. It does indeed show that he might have a dislike for it (Although that's not certain), but it is not filed as a complaint, and thus cannot be taken as one.

And it's not the only point of the realm. The tag in itself attracts PvPers who wish to do arena, RBGs and the similar. It's a part of the point, rather.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Humm, guess I should say something more about the subject meself, now that I caused such rambling!

I certainly don't hate PvP in general, or even dislike it that badly (admittedly though, it has lost a good portion of it's charm since the vanilla/tbc days...), but what I don't like 'bout PvP is being CC'd to death by roflcopterooc tools so much that my character finally refuses to resurrect and retires, vanishing off from my character list! That's the type of (W)PvP I never enjoyed, not when it happened in RP-WPvP events by accident (or "accident") and definetly not when it's done repeatedly by some of those mentioned ooc idiots.

But then again, I had this same fear back with Fireland dailies and surprisingly, it didn't turn-out to be that much of a pain in the ass. I guess it might not be this time either, if there is plenty of Horde around most of the time and if they are the type of Horde, who won't just run past you as you're being repeatedly stabbed by a rogue.

Aaand yeah, Gor'Thrak got it. I wouldn't mind the chance of experiencing some new content for the first time, if even just for once/for a limited time, without having to look behind my shoulders constantly.

...also, it was one of you Alliance bastards who lured me over here back in 2006! I wasn't even sure what the RP stood for back then, PvP even less so. I'm definetly not moving away at this point anymore, be it hell or highwater (I'm not sure if that's how you put it and what it even means...) unless they'll give that free transfer at some point! Then I might at least move one of my +80s to anothe realm for the lulz...

TLDR; I like PvP in general, more or less. Don't start fighting over this subject, you guise! I've seen it way too many times by now and it has never been fun! Well, perhaps once, but...you get the point!

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 pm

PvE server ------->

No its RP pvp.....

lol nub!

(This essay sums up both sides of the argument for you all XD)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Lexgrad wrote:PvE server ------->

No its RP pvp.....

lol nub!

Thank you for your valuable input.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Like Erwt said, I only came here for the RP.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:PvE server ------->

No its RP pvp.....

lol nub!

Thank you for your valuable input.

The whole argument is kind of pointless, I feel my input does not detract from that.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:44 pm

I came here to play with a friend and make friends. I found so much more. Mainly arguments and popcorn, but hey some good stuff. You know that... Yes that... That thing... Yeah, i got nothing. *Eats popcorn*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:54 pm

well I am totaly lost as to where this is at.. soo many pages about pvp changes and so little about the actual story plot changes with this next patch Sad can we not go from discussing theology and the social and mecanical aspects regarding pvp and get back to the general topic in question? Sad
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Monrena wrote:well I am totaly lost as to where this is at.. soo many pages about pvp changes and so little about the actual story plot changes with this next patch Sad can we not go from discussing theology and the social and mecanical aspects regarding pvp and get back to the general topic in question? Sad
The thread is called Mists of Pandaria. The topic is simply the game at present.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Discussing PVP changes -is- on-topic.....
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 pm

OMG I am so excited for ESO!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

mabie so but can we finaly discuss something not pvp related? the pvp talk is just going on and on and on going round in so many circles.. of the last 15 pages only one has had something not related to pvp I want some new and interesting info Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Would it hurt you to just go to MMOchampion or whatever related site and search for the information you want yourself? I don't quite understand your reason to mope.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:20 pm

PVP is a large part of the community, as is RP. This thread is about oncoming changes, and most people are more interested in the PVP changes than the PvE changes. You won't find RP changes in a thread such as this, as that is related to the community in itself, not specifically the game (which this thread is focused on).

Now quit your damn bitching.

As for changes in general, I've not been interested at all in the upcoming patch aside from some class changes that I too haven't really delved into, so that's why I haven't posted any content info here in a while. But if people want me to, I could.

But as usual, I'll only post mostly visual stuff as that's really what we care for the most. Mounts and such is what fancies most people after all.
PvE and PvP changes is something I always tended to keep out unless it felt important to add.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Woah, what's with all the hatred and bile guys?

Do I need to get a water bottle out and spray you?
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm

On a side note. LEGENDARY GEMS?!
Capacitive Primal Diamond - +324 Crit Rating and chance on melee or ranged hit to gain Capacitance. (Deals damage after accumulating 5 charges)
Courageous Primal Diamond - +324 Intellect and chance on beneficial spell to make your next spell cost no mana
Indomitable Primal Diamond - +324 Stamina and chance on being hit to gain 20% reduction to physical damage taken
Sinister Primal Diamond - +324 Crit Rating and chance on spell damage to gain 30% spell haste

Fucking give me.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now.

and if you haven't seen it yet.

Now I just need to find a reasonable story behind Copper going Warlock.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Anyone else reminded of TF2 keys?

Mists of Pandaria - Page 20 110122
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Why? TF2 has crates, but they're random drops. This is boss drops, and you don't have to actually 'pay' to open them up. (You pay to play, but you don't pay extra for loot)
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next