Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mists of Pandaria

+79
Gogol
Iriel Silversong
Baròth / Olian
Unathi
Amaryl
Zhakiri
Dharum
Mikasa
itsy
Yarnaat
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Morgeth
Xen-tau
Skarain
Haen Strongwind
Hermie
Teebo
Althaløs
Unknown
Geldar
Velynia
Zouyo
Raelan
Vaell
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lini
Ave/Sariella
Borian
Lorainne/Bridlington
Seranita
erwtenpeller
Coppersocket
Aluvielle
Ixirar
Azmariel
Emrys
Braiden
Morgaan
Lyniath
Lexgrad
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Ralegh
The Z
Melnerag
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Jomir
Aendiv
Malathir
Krogon Devilstep
Gilraen
Aleric
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kittrina
Marion Valmere
Ataris
Morty
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Feydor
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Kristeas Sunbinder
The Misty Beast
Gesh
Ron Sexton
Jeanpierre
Frostfeather
Thelos
Nithel
Muzjhath
Flo
Eloresh
Dréfurion
Drazial
Timna
Lavian
Sanara
Drustai
Rmuffn
Kozgugore Feraleye
83 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mists of Pandaria Empty Mists of Pandaria

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 am

So here we go again, the rumour mill has started again. Someone looked Blizzard up on http://tess2.uspto.gov/ and stumbled upon its newest trademarked product, "Mists of Pandaria". Sounds like we might be able to bring our pandaren monks home now, whether you like it or not! We'll surely find out more on BlizzCon.

Mists of Pandaria Mistsofpandaria_small
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mists of Pandaria Empty Re: Mists of Pandaria

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 am

If this is an expac, this is a bad idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 am

MMO said something about it possibly being a comicbook.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 am

Could be a red herring, too.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 am

They did say the next expansion would take place on a new continent...
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:25 am

Update - For the record, the international codes 009 and 041 only seems to appear on Blizzard's online games trademarks. This isn't a book or anything like that. It appears incredibly likely based on previous trademarks obtained by Blizzard that this is the next expansion.

MMO champ.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 am

Had a few friends check it up. Not entirely sure how they did it, but they say it seems legit. Oh dear lord.

Imagine:
Fat chapterian pandas
Evil shadowy cultist pandas
Forsaken.. pandas..???
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazial Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:12 am

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft: Wrath of The Lich King
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
World of Warcraft: Gimic (The Panda Expansion, good luck getting it into china).

Drazial
Drazial

Character sheet
Name: Drazial Legraine
Title: Commander of The Lady Proudmoore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 am

If Pandaren are going to be playable.. I wonder what the opposing faction will receive as playable race..

Honestly though I don't think Pandaren will be playable.. If this expansion is real.. perhaps we can play FedEx for them.. slay some foes for them.. enjoy the scenery on their idyllic island, but that it's

Also.. If Pandaren become playable, better make 'em Alliance!

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:45 am

Drefurion wrote:If Pandaren are going to be playable.. I wonder what the opposing faction will receive as playable race..

Ogres?
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 am

Eloresh wrote:
Drefurion wrote:If Pandaren are going to be playable.. I wonder what the opposing faction will receive as playable race..

Ogres?

Mists of Pandaria! and totally stonemaul too

Possibly.. Just the title to me suggests such an emphasis on Pandaria and thus Pandaren that I just don't think it would be likely we'll see the Pandaren appear in either which faction..

*edit* Probs we'll see a new class (if this expansion is real) a Shaolin-fighter orso.. And they'll all be thaught by the Pandaren..

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:51 am

So Blizzard's big answer to tOR will be.. Kung Fu panda. I don't know we- no wait, I'm beyond caring, so I'll just laugh.

I'll humor the last bit of WoW nerd that's left in me and speculate away;

Mists of Pandara - Kvaldir = Neptulon (If we don't end up raiding him in Clysm) = Sea = Naga = Continuation of Vashj'ir = Queen Azshara/Nazjatar = inevitably more Old Gods.

Mists of Pandara - Pandarens. Now. This can go a lot of ways. They might be just completely Neutral. They might be playable. They might be the first race to pick their faction upon leaving the starting area, given their past with either faction. If not that, A/H equavalents that match the setting might include:

Furbolg (A): Selling points should be obvious, possible feud with the Pandaren over a booze recipe?
Ogre (H): There'd have to be an Outland link for this to make a lick of sense, idiot races generally don't become playable. (Blood Elves excluded)
Rogue Naga (A-H): Yea, lorefuck, but Blizzard's become pretty good at that, haven't they. They mentioned Kul'tiras being moved due to the cataclysm, possible starting zone. (Didn't they allready have Hallow's End masks?)
Wyrmkin (A-H): Myriad of possible lore reason. Dear ol' Metz will probably shoehorn something in, and ask Golden or Knaak to flesh it out.
Arrakoa (A-H): Read below.

Might be a possibility that this expansion sees a revamp of Outland as well, with Pandaria being a high level continent where we duke it out with whatever baddy they paint for us this time; probably Azshara, with another old god backing her. This enables smrt Ogres, and the possibility of Arrakoa - after all, we're still lacking lizard and bird people as playables.

*edit* Probs we'll see a new class (if this expansion is real) a Shaolin-fighter orso.. And they'll all be thaught by the Pandaren..
You make my nerdside cry. Seriously. Shaolin-fighter? Everyone who's been here since War3 knows that Pandaren =

Mists of Pandaria BREWMASTER

(Brewmaster, if you hadn't caught on.)

That is, of course, if Bliz comes back from their statement of not wanting to create new classes. I can imagne the last thing they want is another class to juggle balance issues with because they insisted on making this game Esportz relevant.

What all of us can allready expect from the next expansion; A month of excitement taking in all the new content, finishing raid content within that time, and then falling back on the same dead old routine we've been repeating since vanilla (2004, for the record). Oh, yes, and 'Roleplay'. Nerds.

Hoping The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 will be a succes, I'll just lose all faith in MMOs otherwise.

Last edited by Flo on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 am

If this is a true expansion it is one that will quite likely make me stop playing.

Always thought that the Panderan is a horrilbe fucking easter egg. (sorry for the language, but it fits)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 am

I always thought Pandaren were a joke. o_o Something like leprechauns existing in this world. Where do they come in? xD Or is this a draenei thing, they'll appear on a floating island that crashlanded into Azeroth?

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 am

Actually, knowing Blizzard, there's absolutely no reason they couldn't combine the two. That is, introduce a Shaolin-Monk-Brewmaster-Drunken-Kungfu-Heroclass. Wasn't this basicly excactly what the pandaran brewmaster was in wc3 anyway?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 am

Nithel wrote:I always thought Pandaren were a joke. o_o Something like leprechauns existing in this world. Where do they come in? xD Or is this a draenei thing, they'll appear on a floating island that crashlanded into Azeroth?
Imagine something along the lines of Uldum. We've known that the island and the Pandaren Empire has existed for years, but Blizzard just never made a bigger deal out of it than their 'easter egg' appearances in War3.

Just gonna dump this here on the first page aswell, should be relevant. EDIT: Sigh, fine, second page.

An History of Rumors
The pandaren started as a creation of the Blizzard artist Samwise Didier and an April Fool's joke, but they got a massive response from Warcraft fans. In the first BlizzCast episode launched on Jan. 10, 2008, Samwise recalled the process to the creation of the Pandaren April Fool's page: "But so we put that up in there and everyone was like “Oh my God! A PANDA RACE? That’s kind of cool!” And I’m like “Are you kidding me, really? You want to see pandas in Warcraft III or whatever?”" Soon, they were included in the Warcraft III expansion and Chris Metzen began to write them into the game lore. Due to this popularity, pandaren were rumored to be the new playable Alliance race to be introduced in the Burning Crusade expansion.

Their possible appearance in WoW has been hinted at multiple times by Blizzard. Katricia: "Maybe they will be found in the beta or retail version of the game and maybe they will be granted a special place in an expansion. Just imagine how exciting it will be to find one!" and "pandaren will not be a playable race ... at this time. Will they make cameo appearances in the game as NPCs? Some things are best left unanswered I think Smile"

Supposedly, a gaming magazine was brought to Blizzard's offices in the fall of 2005 to view the Burning Crusade expansion pack for the first time. There were dozens of posters and artwork depicting the pandaren as the new Alliance race. This rumor goes on to suggest the race was then canceled for reasons concerning "pandas being a sacred animal" in China, or with the "political problems [associated with a] Japanese/Chinese hybrid", in WC3 beta, pandaren wore samurai armor, but this was soon fixed. Other gaming sources stated that when "mentioning the ex-April-Fool's-joke Pandaren Empire to Blizzard staff got a surprisingly cagey response..." Blizzard has yet to confirm or deny these rumors directly.

In any case, Blizzard revealed in May 2006 that the new Alliance race for the expansion was to be the draenei, thus rendering most rumors incorrect. Nevertheless, Katricia's comments still leave some possibility for a future appearance in World of Warcraft.

Another persistent rumor regarding their non-inclusion in the game is that there is a law in China prohibiting any depiction of violence against pandas, even anthropomorphic pandas, even in a video game. This rumor is, in fact, baseless. Not only does such a law not exist, but there is at least one Chinese MMO that does feature both PvP and a playable race of pandas.

During the discussion panel at Blizzcon 2009, it was stated that the Pandaren have not had an increased presence in the game due to legal issues with China.

The WoWpedia article contradicts itself often enough that we won't know the real deal untill Blizzcon, so eh Neutral
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 am

I listened to one of the early blizz casts and they said that one of the mistakes they made with the Dranei was that they were not introduced to the game first, that it had been to much to invent a new race and just throw it in there without a proper build up.

Also in the same Blizz cast the dev. mentioned the draconic humanoids as a possible playable race (you know those scaled tall ones that walk on two legs).

I am not sure there will be new races in the next expansion though. I'm hoping for a new heroic class.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 am

Pandaria stuff will be non playable, like Kaluak (or however it is written).

I'm placing my bets on the heroic class "Pope". A clothie that can also tank. Everybody wants that, right? I know I do.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:02 am

A friend of mine who apparently works for Blizzard claims that it's a troll. But so he claims. I'm skeptical.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 am

It might be an epic way for blizzard to explore a more japanese myth style of game, I bet Krogon is gonna love this. ..Blademaster hero class!?

Horde: Naga
Alliance:Padarian

Would be my guess/hope. And a graphics overall seems likely to.

Oh and.. we've just got a title, and suddenly WOW's and MMO's are a disgrace against humanity, Lolcynical gamers ftl.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:04 am

Pandas would be unlikely to join a side. Simply because the only tie they had was one Brewmaster fighting with Rexxar, and that's kinda it. I reckon it'll be as JP said, they'll be a neutral faction.

Or one availiable for both....

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am

So this couldn't just be a future patch?

Mists of Pandaria sounds more like Rise of the Zandalari and Rage of the Firelands, than The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lichking and Cataclysm.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19 am

They say (although I personally don't know anything about it) that blizzard never TMs patches, and this Mists of Pandaria follows the same pattern as TBC/Wotlk/Cata.

Am I the only one who truly loves this Mists of Pandaria stuff? =O
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:38 am

Maybe they're zandalari trolling us.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder