Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mists of Pandaria

+69
Allonia_Miral
Thelos
Skarain
Zinkle Figgins
Hermie
Althaløs
itsy
Antistia
The Z
Grim
Muzjhath
Tuomas/Decurius
siegmund
Sanara
Paia/Jenit
erwtenpeller
Amaryl
Shanyuan
Bakar
Quin
Rae Wulfgnar
Raelan
Ralegh
Coppernut
Fyffe
Coppersocket
Cid
Jeanpierre
Anivitas
Ruby
Helmut
Rargnasha
Shaelyssa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Zouyo
Kittrina
Emrys
Mikasa
Cemdor
Dréfurion
Exigua
Dolerien
Catari
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Odgan / Keag
Carandor
Zaraj
Rmuffn
Iriel Silversong
Gilran
Seranita
Xen-tau
Raene
Manathon
Sadok
Lini
Nifty
Krogon Devilstep
Flo
Sohan
Ledgic
Littlepip
Feng-Huang
Arabella Greene
Drustai
Raenmar
Grufftoof
Vaell
Melnerag
73 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Mists of Pandaria Empty Mists of Pandaria

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 pm

It'll probably be something really underwhelming like, "We added a feature that allows you to compare achievements with your B'Net buddies! YES!"
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Mists of Pandaria Empty Re: Mists of Pandaria

Post by Melnerag Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Female Draenei or Female Orc dance for Rihani....yeaaaah!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Are transfers/faction changes remaining half price for good?!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm

I've not seen anything at all about it, no blue post or stuff. But I'm in work now so cannot check my b.net to see if there's actually some explanation given somewhere.

They've done promotions, like -25% or -50% on one of the changes. But never on all of them, like this.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] apparently, though could be miscommunication as no official statement that "this is the new promo" as far as I can see.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 am

Agh. I wish there'd be some way to try-out race change for like a day or two...or a chance to make a clone of your original character to store away. I'd so hop around with my oldest characters as different races.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:16 am

You can do that on public test realms, I think?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blue Tweets part is brilliant.

I don't -care- whether I hit gearlevel 510 this week or in a month. When I feel like doing dailies, I have tons of them to choose from. And that is wonderful. Apparently some people want to get there as fast as possible.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:22 am

The moaning about "having to do dailies for cap" is bullshit. Even if you were "forced" to be capped by your guild (I'll bet close to zero percent of those moaning would be in such guilds) it's actually far quicker in current content to:

Do the Barrens weekly (250 VP); do the summon quest on IoT (150 VP); do a heroic scenario per day. You could even throw in "make a guild group and storm LFR ToT in no time" and that's 90+ VP per wing.

Boom, done quicker than any dailies. Throwing in a few dailies when you can be arsed would make it even quicker. And if you can't do the above because you can't find a group... then what kind of guild are you in that doesn't work as a guild, for the guild, especially if pushing people to rulesets for gearing for guild progression?!

People are arseholes and moan about everything. Some always have. I am not sure there are "more" of those moaners. But they get more vocal. A minority of whining arses. Farting away their pointless moans.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 am

Grufftoof wrote:The moaning about "having to do dailies for cap" is bullshit. Even if you were "forced" to be capped by your guild (I'll bet close to zero percent of those moaning would be in such guilds) it's actually far quicker in current content to:

Do the Barrens weekly (250 VP); do the summon quest on IoT (150 VP); do a heroic scenario per day. You could even throw in "make a guild group and storm LFR ToT in no time" and that's 90+ VP per wing.

Boom, done quicker than any dailies. Throwing in a few dailies when you can be arsed would make it even quicker. And if you can't do the above because you can't find a group... then what kind of guild are you in that doesn't work as a guild, for the guild, especially if pushing people to rulesets for gearing for guild progression?!

People are arseholes and moan about everything. Some always have. I am not sure there are "more" of those moaners. But they get more vocal. A minority of whining arses. Farting away their pointless moans.
QFT As evidence to that, I've reached my weekly valor cap for months on 3-4 toons, and I never done dailies aside my first attempt at 5.1 ones. For the rep, with daily dung and scenario you get your rep in very little time, relatively speaking.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:38 pm

I think unless this 'unannounced feature' turns out to be something actually good and something that could be a part of RP, like new models, I'm gonna quit. MoP turned out exactly how I was expecting it to >_>
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:48 pm

There's been plenty of things you can use for role-play in Mists.

You just don't choose to use them, Raenmar, but that doesn't mean that they're not there.

Anyhow, I don't particularily care either way about any mystery features. I'm plenty happy with the game as it is, and can't think of anything bit its missing.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Because none of them appeal to my taste or style of roleplay. The lore in MoP was a completely different theme to the WoW I've played for the last few years. Changing a game that much just alienates the people that don't like the new theme.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Raenmar wrote:Because none of them appeal to my taste or style of roleplay. The lore in MoP was a completely different theme to the WoW I've played for the last few years. Changing a game that much just alienates the people that don't like the new theme.

Well, I guess that's fair. I feel we've been over this a few times already - it's probably best to just mark it down to personal preferences and call it a day.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Alllow me to summarize my feelings about MoP. Once again.

Spoiler:

PS: Unannounced mystery feature had already been cancelled.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
PS: Unannounced mystery feature had already been cancelled.

Not true. It just won't be announced as the mystery feature because GC doesn't want the backlash from the massive hype that has been built up around it. Case in point:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"We should pretend." "I considered saying that but it's not true."
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 pm

I don't think it has been outright cancelled, but having read some of those blue comments, I at least have a feeling that it definetly won't be something as drastic as new player models or so. Still have my bets on some technical mumbo jumbo.

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Well, I guess that's fair. I feel we've been over this a few times already - it's probably best to just mark it down to personal preferences and call it a day.

I agree. For what it's worth though, you changed my opinion. I don't think MoP is bad.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm pretty dissapointed by the Barrens questline. It built up really well and now it's just a weekly grind. Brilliant...
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Vaell wrote:I'm pretty dissapointed by the Barrens questline. It built up really well and now it's just a weekly grind. Brilliant...

Yeah. It's very disappointing. It's like the devs decided to go back to vanilla era quests.

At least it provides a good stage for RP.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 pm

That I can agree on. At some point the achievement popped up and I was like "Whuh? That's it??"

Also, no new dungeons. I would have liked some dungeons. I like them.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Also, no new dungeons. I would have liked some dungeons. I like them.
Tsk! Not following news, are ye? Sadly enough, they already announced months ago, that there wouldn't be any dungeons in MoP, just scenarios and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" raid. Kind of a bummer, but at least some of the scenarios have been decent fun.

Aaalso...I guess [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] might be the new, "cool" feature in patch 5.4? Good thing I had set my expectations low enough, so no dissapointment here, really! Unless they're doing what GC sorta suggested and won't make any special remarks about any of the new features in 5.4 patch, thus this could still be a different thing. Though I'm personally kinda suspecting this was that thing...

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 am

This is amazing news for the shatterskull Marauders! Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 am

Kinda curious. Server boundaries slowly go away with CRZs and grouping with friends. Will we one day see the walls break up entirely, and server losing any real meaning except 'home realm'. So if I just decide to join a guild from Ravenholdt, it transports me to play on Ravenholdt or something.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 am

erwtenpeller wrote:That I can agree on. At some point the achievement popped up and I was like "Whuh? That's it??"

Also, no new dungeons. I would have liked some dungeons. I like them.
As been stated, they told they weren't going to make anymore dungeons until MoP ended. Which, in all honesty, it's a pity. Scenarios are cool, but as repeatable content feel extremely flat, unlike dungeons which at least give the sense of epicness they should deliver.
As for then new patch, I'm gonna do it once on every toon of mine, then stop, just for the title, and then stop, the assle of the weekly grind is not worth the prizes given. In a couple of dungeons you get the VPs, and the gear is way more easily farmable through LFR. Story-wise, at least Alliance side, it's a complete bummer. In all honesty it's since 5.1 I don't see interesting content: I never ran the IoT dailies more than once, and I didn't feel much interested in the storyline as well, aside for the all too rushed end of the KT/Sunreavers quarrel. Interesting solo scenarios, but felt contradictory to the rest of the content: the whole server joins in the effort to unlock the island, but to factually unlock its phases you must do solo content? C'mon. I've done the raid only in LFR, but even there story wise there's little: I mean, two wings of filler bosses?

Because none of them appeal to my taste or style of roleplay. The lore in MoP was a completely different theme to the WoW I've played for the last few years. Changing a game that much just alienates the people that don't like the new theme.
I am a yearlong defender on Mop, in the sense that, as wow expack is terribly good, coherent with lore and the content, visually and game wise, it's amazing. Still, it's evident that Blizzard made some mistakes in delivering it.

The atmosphere, the vibe, changed completely. Okay, we're at war, but as many times the NPCs call you hero, you don't feel like one: at best you're a sellsword for your faction. And considering the fact that both sides we only get beaten down for holding to old grudges and for delivering terrible things over innocent strangers, the whole feeling makes you more want to just tell them all, suit yourselves, who makes me risk my life for you? That's probably even truer for some races than others, but the overall feeling is that, at least Ally side. The game per se hasn't changed, what changed is the underlying vibe. And not in a good way. It's too much an abrupt shift the jump between being the hero who saved the world twice and the one who freed an ancient evil curse on a foreign land.

There's also the fact that the Chinese/Japanese theme is too much put forward in the leveling experience, there's no middle ground. I don't mind it, even 'cause leveling is a grind that, aside the first time, you don't stop looking around.

There's also a matter of game mechanics and the overall changes that Mop brought. Yes, now I'm talking about PVP: I'm not a PVPer myself, aside the random bgs and some arenas(I don't do them anymore, 'cause I hate being dependent on other people to do things, and there's no random arena system luckily, I dare say), but reading some forum threads and sharing opinions with other people, it's evident that something is broken and that was admitted even by Blizzard. PVPers(no offense) have always been terribly prone to whine, in a very vocal way(being it a minority or not, matters little, I've never seen many PVE whiners, LFR aside, in the popular topics), at least since I started playing, still the rate it seems to me to have become worse and worse. Sure, there will always be the race for 'buff this, nerf that' but the impression is that Blizzard is really at a loss as to how to balance PVP, proof being the continuous changes done at every patch, despite the only gameplay huge change has been the talent revamp with 5.0, players side. And, in all honesty, I think it's also the keeping to change things which is also a problem: PVP(and PVE) needs time for the player to get accustomed to the changes, and sometimes a couple of months(not considering the hotfixes) is not enough. When you finally got how to work with the tools you're given, bam!, new patch, and you must start working around the new changes again. It's not a good thing for and to the playerbase.

Sorry for the wall of text, I tried to summarize the thoughts about the whole 'decline' thing, and about MoP that have been going around my head lately.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next