Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current state of the RP community

+28
Kaleil Sunstrike
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Robi Kaezlan
Ixirar
erwtenpeller
Grim
Coppersocket
Cid
Finnabhair
Drustai
Gilran
Skarain
Rmuffn
Grufftoof
Dorik Thunderbelly
Lexgrad
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Melnerag
Feydor
Eodan
Ledgic
Thelos
Amaryl
siegmund
Zinkle Figgins
Sonitus
Vaell
Raenmar
32 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Current state of the RP community - Page 4 Empty Re: Current state of the RP community

Post by Ixirar Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Perturbo wrote:I can't post on the realm forums cuz i'm perma banned Sad so pls stay on this one

Why?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Current state of the RP community - Page 4 Empty Re: Current state of the RP community

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:04 pm

COS BLIZZ ARE NOOBS AND DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS SHIT GAME

a mutual disagreement where both parties had forthright opinions but had enough respect for each other to back away and reflect on what was said

Last edited by Perturbo on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 pm

LOL a mutual disagreement where both parties had forthright opinions but had enough respect for each other to back away and reflect on what was said.

Do I get to be your press officer yet Razz
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

You put it far better than I could, and yes, yes you can

you can be like those guys that edit every one of chris brown's angry tweets

Last edited by Perturbo on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Battle of Malden is it?
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Robi Kaezlan wrote:Battle of Malden is it?

You are so hot right now.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Then bade the men's saviour, one to hold the bridge,
A warrior war-hardened, that was Wulfstan hight
Courageous mid his kin - he was Ceola's son,
Who the first foeman with his spear did fell
That bravest stepped forth upon the bridge.
There stood with Wulfstan warriors goodly
Aelfere and Maccus, high hearted both,
That never at the ford would turn them to flight,
But they steadfastly 'gainst their foes made defence,
While their weapons to wield they were able.

I must be on fire now....

Thats my favourite bit.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Bythnoths Speach for me

"Hear now you, pirate, what this people say?
They desire to you a tribute of spears to pay,
poisoned spears and old swords,
the war-gear which you in battle will not profit from.
Sea-thieves messenger, deliver back in reply,
tell your people this spiteful message,
that here stands undaunted an Earl with his band of men
who will defend our homeland,
Aethelred's country, the lord of my
people and land. Fall shall you
heathen in battle! To us it would be shameful
that you with our coin to your ships should get away
without a fight, now you thus far
into our homeland have come.
You shall not so easily carry off our treasure:
with us must spear and blade first decide the terms,
fierce conflict, is the tribute we will hand over."
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Overly huge, my dear man my signature is apart of a 700 line Saxon war poem! You can see but a bulge.

Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure mægen lytlað.

No, that's fine, it's the ones with long lists of alts with pictures and half their fecking life story alongside or pictures that have no bearing on warcraft, pictures of celebrities ... but mostly...oh...mostly it's the animated ones, I hate them so much. So So much.

I..I..have to go sap Alliance now to calm down, do excuse me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:59 am

Drustai wrote:DefiasRP was a stupid idea from the start, if I might put it bluntly. Giving up our realm forums to the OOCers was the first step to ensuring that Defias Brotherhood would cease being a prime RP server. When people are looking into which server to join, they will look at the realm forums first. If they see the forums swarming with OOCers, they aren't going to even bother making a character on the server. I personally would not be on Defias Brotherhood if the forums six years ago looked like they do today. I chose DB because its official forum had more active RP threads than AD did at the time.

This. I joined Defias Brotherhood because I flicked through the realm forums and found the Chapter of Holy Anethion's advertisement thread.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 am

Dijie wrote:
Arli wrote:
Pet peeve of mine is the overly huge signatures and the animated avatars. At least Blizz forum is just that, a forum!

Agreed. The animated avatars especially make me go, "BLARARARARGH!! STOPPIT! STOP MOVING!!"
My apologies.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Thelos wrote:
Arli wrote:MoP will not save rp, it will if anything make it worse because as far as I can see from talking to people, many think they are a weak addition to the game wrt expanding rp and in fact are a bit of a joke,

And I don't like Blood Elves, but that has never discouraged me from role-playing.
Sorry I'm late!

Blood Elves don't like you either!!!!
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm

I like everything. Yay!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 am

Not to be some invading new guy to overrule the elders, but I think Raenmar got a few good points. For instance, I joined The Lordaeron Alliance without applying to anything, and it is going well, if I was simply out to troll, they would have kicked me. Now, a lot of roleplaying guilds seem to have a sign-up policy, and it does nothing but deter me from joining them, which is a missed opportunity. I know several people who feel it the same way as I do.

Opening the forums would make it more inviting. Just my two cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 am

Agreeeeed
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:38 am

I know a lot of people swear by applications, and that they do work, but I can't help but feel they deter some people, especially those looking to hyper into RP.

I myself favour an unstructured OOC interview to try and get to know people, followed by an IC meet to see if their character wants to join and will fit with what we do. I think it's worked well so far and a lot of people seem to respond well to actually being able to interact and ask questions then and there to someone they can actually adress, asking for help or making inquiries when need be.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:16 am

On the subject of asking people to apply to join guilds, I'd never do that, simply because people often cba, and rightly so. But, having had Aboc try to join the guild multiple times, we've adopted the policy of RPing with someone before allowing them to join. Yeah, even Aboc could RP if they needed to, but meh. In all honesty, I don't really care about them anymore.

Requiring vouches to post on DefiasRP, though, is in my opinion a sad necessity. If we had no way to confirm who's who, then we'd have people pretending to be other people and it'd be a mess.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 am

I like applications, though they only work in massive and active guilds. I had to write an application form for DoL and Sin Belore, I didn't mind doing so as I really wanted to join and be a part of their roleplayer. A bit of writing shouldn't deter someone, we write all day.

See is as a hurdle put there by the Officers. Only those who wish to join will jump it. The rest will turn around and walk away. Besides, they only ever take 10 minutes to fill out.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 am

Personally I wouldnt join a guild I didnt have to apply for. There have been guilds that sound good on paper but an IC meet with their officers etc soon tells you if theyre as good as theyre claiming.
A lot of guilds claim to be RP guilds, you meet, you talk, theyre not you save yourself the trouble of /gquit.
But, I do think applying to join a forum that isnt a guild forum and hasnt exactly got state secrets contained in it, is a bit silly.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 am

I'll just leave this here...

Ledgic Caan - Game Related - To our Moderators- thread wrote:
I've also just opened the forum up again. I managed to remove about nine accounts that were considered unwanted, but I got bored of the complaints and PM's/in-game messages being flung at me constantly regarding opening up the forum.

So there you go. Enjoy.

Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 am

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid wrote:I like applications, though they only work in massive and active guilds. I had to write an application form for DoL and Sin Belore, I didn't mind doing so as I really wanted to join and be a part of their roleplayer. A bit of writing shouldn't deter someone, we write all day.

See is as a hurdle put there by the Officers. Only those who wish to join will jump it. The rest will turn around and walk away. Besides, they only ever take 10 minutes to fill out.

We ask all recruits to fill in an application - it's only short and we firmly believe that if they can't spare a few minutes to fill in the form and read a little about the guild, then they clearly have little interest in what we do.

I think it's important that people get a feel for the roleplay of a guild before they join and we always follow up with an IC interview. This is so they get a feel for our rp and us for theirs, although I make it clear ooc that it's meant to be fun and not a test in any way. I think an IC interview is a great way to join a guild if handled right - I've attended some horrendous IC interviews with other guilds where they acted just as arrogantly OOC as IC - that isn't nice and something we avoid.

However, we are not after a large roster of rogues, we are after a roster of active Thorns and a guild of friendly people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:11 am

I've always liked filling out applications to join guilds. To me, it shows my dedication to joining the guild in the first place, that I'll take the time to fill in the information and provide the guild leader and the officers an indication of what I'm capable of and who my character is.

In reality though, it is basically a step before the IC meeting, which is where they'll receive most of the information they could get from an application anyway. Personal preference, I suppose! It really shouldn't deter people, because at the end of the day, that's you showing a massive lack of effort which only lowers your desire to join the guild, as well as the guilds desire to have you.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 am

Applications are nice to prevent bots/hacked accounts too. Wink
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 am

Drustai wrote:DefiasRP was a stupid idea from the start, if I might put it bluntly. Giving up our realm forums to the OOCers was the first step to ensuring that Defias Brotherhood would cease being a prime RP server. When people are looking into which server to join, they will look at the realm forums first. If they see the forums swarming with OOCers, they aren't going to even bother making a character on the server. I personally would not be on Defias Brotherhood if the forums six years ago looked like they do today. I chose DB because its official forum had more active RP threads than AD did at the time.

This. I also used the realm forums to guesstimate how RP oriented DB was.

I wouldn't go as far as calling defiasrp a stupid idea. I like this forum way better than the realm forums but would it bring more role players here if the realm forum showed a truer image of the server? Definately.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:58 am

But guys then I can't talk to you Sad((

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next