Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current state of the RP community

+28
Kaleil Sunstrike
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Robi Kaezlan
Ixirar
erwtenpeller
Grim
Coppersocket
Cid
Finnabhair
Drustai
Gilran
Skarain
Rmuffn
Grufftoof
Dorik Thunderbelly
Lexgrad
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Melnerag
Feydor
Eodan
Ledgic
Thelos
Amaryl
siegmund
Zinkle Figgins
Sonitus
Vaell
Raenmar
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Current state of the RP community - Page 3 Empty Re: Current state of the RP community

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

I will clear up Villains and Outlaws section inside a few days. Update and renew structure, to promote roleplaying.

Looking forward to this Skar
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Current state of the RP community - Page 3 Empty Re: Current state of the RP community

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Re-reading the first post, yes, LFRP channel can get into a more active use. Forums may be opened over time. Events may be posted on realm forums instead of the private ones. My SW Community meeting set serverwide scale and open for all will bring more RP, once i create it after the start of MoP.

I am merely tired of these posts. They reoccur again and again.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Skarain wrote:Current state of the RP community?
Quiet, but nowhere from dead. Thelos got a point, but the end is -very- far.

You gravely misunderstood my point if you think I were declaring the role-playing community dead.

Every day I log in with the intention to role-play, I can get good role-play done.

And I'm loving it.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 pm

I am merely tired of these posts. They reoccur again and again.

There's a reason for why they reoccur.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Suggestion: Use the LFRP section of this forum for specific request, as "Does anyone want to RP with me 20-21 tonight, at the docks?"

Makes for less bullshit, and more actual role play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Stories, events, everything that doesn't contain Information that gankers could use to locate the events, should they have been posted on realm forums. At the moment, when you look at the realm forums you just see Trololols and gankers posting their WPvP threads nobody cares about. Therefore, I think everyone should start actively posting on forums anything that has to do with RP. Myself is working on putting whole collection of Iron Guardian there. Just try to imagine that you are a Roleplayer looking for a new server, you hear rumors about DB being a good RP realm, the first thing where you gonna look are Realm forums, when you open those forums you see threads of WPvP, ganking and all that crap that has nothing to do with RP. Those kind of things would turn me away from even trying a realm myself. Basically, DefiasRP made realm forums deserted and left to trolol's hands. I am not saying to delete DefiasRP. in the end if wouldn't be even worth it, however when you post a story here, why don't you post in on Realm forums as well? It won't take more than a few minutes. You know there are also people who don't Roleplay but like to read stories and things alike. At the moment, there is no Roleplay atmosphere on Defias Brotherhood realm forums. I am not saying that we should now crowd those forums just to overcome those other wpvp threads because I think there is room for both. It's PvP realm as well afterall, but it's also a Roleplay realm therefore there should be equivalent amount of RP and WPvP related threads. The only threads I now see are about WPvP more or less, sadly.

Also, DefiasRP should be advertisted on trade channel every once and then so it can attract more possible Roleplayers here. Not everyone knows about the DefiasRP forums.

Another thing as I noticed and also many people I talked to is that our community isn't very friendly to new Roleplayers or those who want to try some more exotic things to Roleplay and instead of supportive comments and tips, they get QQs. One of idea I had is to create /RPsupport channel where new Roleplayers could get some support from the community and get someone to guide them on the right way, just an idea though.

Also If someone already posted on what I suggested before me, just ignore as I didn't read much comments. If would also really appriciate if people wouldn't constantly use the word "fuck", I mean let's keep it civil folks no need for the harsh words.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:04 pm

DefiasRP was a stupid idea from the start, if I might put it bluntly. Giving up our realm forums to the OOCers was the first step to ensuring that Defias Brotherhood would cease being a prime RP server. When people are looking into which server to join, they will look at the realm forums first. If they see the forums swarming with OOCers, they aren't going to even bother making a character on the server. I personally would not be on Defias Brotherhood if the forums six years ago looked like they do today. I chose DB because its official forum had more active RP threads than AD did at the time.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Drustai wrote:DefiasRP was a stupid idea from the start, if I might put it bluntly.

I disagree. At the time, the decision to start this forum was to avoid the interaction of the Goons. ABoC may, from what I've seen, claim to bring WPvP to the server by crashing RP events, but Goons did worst than that...they wouldn't just harrass by PvP, they would harrass their own faction as well.

So at the time, yes, making this forum was a very good idea.

As for now, well...I haven't been back long enough to form a proper assessment of the situation.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 pm

When this was created it also wasn't intended to replace the official realm forums.

It was to co-exist, this was just to make it smoother. But time went by and here we are today.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Thelos wrote:
Skarain wrote:Current state of the RP community?
Quiet, but nowhere from dead. Thelos got a point, but the end is -very- far.

You gravely misunderstood my point if you think I were declaring the role-playing community dead.

Every day I log in with the intention to role-play, I can get good role-play done.

And I'm loving it.

I might have phrased it wrongly. "But far from dead" would be what i meant.

Also, DefiasRP should be advertisted on trade channel every once and then so it can attract more possible Roleplayers here. Not everyone knows about the DefiasRP forums.
....I like that idea.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm

The Freelancers just started advertising on the Realm Forums! :O
Thanks to Gilran for getting me to finally do that, been meaning to for ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

Well, yeah. Seems generally agreed, at least, that the realm forums need to be used more.

Gilran, I like the idea of the RPsupport channel. Only problem I see with it is getting people to know about it. Maybe we could use LFRP for a similar purpose, because that's what people tend to join. Or create the channel and advertise it on the realm forum for people to hear about it.

And, yes, I do apologize for the amount of bad language in my last post. I lost my patience and decided to respond to people how they'd responded to me, and it seemed to get the message across much more effectively. Still, I'll stay civil from here on if everyone else does.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 am

my problem with the realm forum is mainly that its a horrible, horrible forum, design wise. A cluttered mess..

And then there's the lack of sigs, of images, of links.. ugh.

I just loathe, forums stuffed into a portal...

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Personally don't mind the lack of sigs. Some are rather spammy...

But Gilran has many good points here. Will do what little I can to support that.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I can't post on the realm forums cuz i'm perma banned Sad so pls stay on this one

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Are you sure you are? My perma ban was lifted with the Battletag/RealID change.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Positive Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Horde side seems fine!
Also the Marauders have been RPing outside of cities forever so the '3 month' limit on that happening isn't entirely correct.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Grims got a point, a lot of Horde guilds tend to spend a lot of time moving about. Seems to be our thing, but we're always happy to return home!

I can't speak for the Silvermoon community (at current I know as much about Blood Elves IC as I do the Alliance), but seems things in Kalimdor are picking up and moving along. While I appreciate this is likely down to the prepatch and incoming MoP, I think we've a fantastic oppertunity coming to really help our server.

My final point being this: DefiasRP only has so many people on it, With some new blood trickling in as you see in the register forum. But that's the thing, this is only a small percentage of the wider community, its not going to get much bigger, if anything, as accounts go inactive and more people stop playing this game the community decay will massively exceed it's growth. Which is a real shame as a lot of people here have the ability to step forward and help more than they know. It's just about taking a step out and making some noise. Eventually, someone's gonna come over to see what you're yelling about.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm

We left TVC to come here because TVC had really, really died a death. Compared to how TVC was when we left it DB is like a utopia of never ending roleplay. No complaints from me here, the server looks like its thriving from where I'm sitting.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Grim wrote:from where I'm sitting.
...Which would be here:
Current state of the RP community - Page 3 Grimstable
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Cid wrote:Personally don't mind the lack of sigs. Some are rather spammy...
Pet peeve of mine is the overly huge signatures and the animated avatars. At least Blizz forum is just that, a forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Arli wrote:
Pet peeve of mine is the overly huge signatures and the animated avatars. At least Blizz forum is just that, a forum!

Agreed. The animated avatars especially make me go, "BLARARARARGH!! STOPPIT! STOP MOVING!!"
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Overly huge, my dear man my signature is apart of a 700 line Saxon war poem! You can see but a bulge.

Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure mægen lytlað.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Lexgrad wrote:
Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure mægen lytlað.

Looks Icelandic to me. Surprised
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next