Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilneas Current State

+14
Drustai
Raenmar
Gilran
Magaskawee/Anaei
Laindo Dumon
Gesh
Lorainne/Bridlington
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Antistia
Kettin
Ixirar
Rmuffn
Azmariel
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gilneas Current State Empty Gilneas Current State

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Before you read into this thread, do note that this is mostly from my point of view and everything could be fine and dandy as it is right now, in Gilneas.

So. As far as I've gathered about Gilneas current status...

- The Greymane Legacy inactive due to Nak's death (Unconfirmed at my end) and leadership issues.
- Gilneas Liberation Front having some leadership troubles.
- The Assembly in trouble due to Helmfried's(?) "Corruption". (Could use a new speaker.)
- Ruins of Gilneas mostly inactive and/or abandoned due to Ganking and/or other stuff.
- (Not really an issue but I'd love to get a clarification on this.) Stormwind Council claiming that Gilneas is a state of Stormwind but not a country(?)

And that's all I know at the moment. If anyone has any more problems/issues at Gilneas OR a solution, it would be great to hear your thoughts.

Personally, It would be great to get a OOC/IC leadership structure in Gilneas to avoid this thing happening again.

Could do what was done in Skyrim instead...

Spoiler:

So. Your opinions, issues or solutions?

Last edited by Snakefang/Azmariel on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Gilneas Current State Empty Re: Gilneas Current State

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:12 pm

I think Gilneas is in a state of protectorate to Stormwind, much like Stromgarde was for a while.

Can't really speak on any other matter! :p
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Well, your king IS housed in SW Keep...

ps. farlarn pls
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Well, your king IS housed in SW Keep...

If you were a loved leader, would you be sitting on your throne in a battleground after an earthquake that nearly destroyed all of the country's defence and walls?

I say "Screw the fact that he's in the keep." because Blizzard is always so mean on NPC spawning locations... Besides, it's kinda logical to be in Stormwind. Heck, I do believe that a certain King of Stormwind was in Lordaeron because he lost a country or two due to orcs.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Point being, SW wasn't really in a position to call themselves a nation as much as a protected province of Lordaeron at the time. Heck, it was lordaeronian soldiers that reclaimed it so for all I know it should fall under Lordaeronian rule if loots & spoils were a thing to humans.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Point being, SW wasn't really in a position to call themselves a nation as much as a protected province of Lordaeron at the time. Heck, it was lordaeronian soldiers that reclaimed it so for all I know it should fall under Lordaeronian rule if loots & spoils were a thing to humans.

Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Gilnean, Dwarf and gnomish(Whuuut?) soldiers. The fact remains that Stormwind is a Kingdom. Stromgarde is a Kingdom and Lordaeon is a Kingdom. Heck, Stromgarde is a leader-less kingdom lore wise and Lordaeron is a fallen kingdom but people still say that they are kingdoms. Is it because Greymane is in Stormwind's Keep for security reasons that Gilneas isn't a kingdom any more but a spoil of war?
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

One way to sort it. Plague bomb it!

But on a serious note, how many guilds are active in the area? I've passed over once or twice and spot the few odd people.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Snakefang/Azmariel wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Point being, SW wasn't really in a position to call themselves a nation as much as a protected province of Lordaeron at the time. Heck, it was lordaeronian soldiers that reclaimed it so for all I know it should fall under Lordaeronian rule if loots & spoils were a thing to humans.

Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Gilnean, Dwarf and gnomish(Whuuut?) soldiers. The fact remains that Stormwind is a Kingdom. Stromgarde is a Kingdom and Lordaeon is a Kingdom. Heck, Stromgarde is a leader-less kingdom lore wise and Lordaeron is a fallen kingdom but people still say that they are kingdoms. Is it because Greymane is in Stormwind's Keep for security reasons that Gilneas isn't a kingdom any more but a spoil of war?

King Greymane is, well, king. You can best compare him to a government in exile, even though his country hasn't fallen entirely. Gilneas is, and should be, an independent country. A part of the Grand Alliance, not some protectorate.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:48 pm

In my eyes I've always see gilneas as its own kingdom and country.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Kettin wrote:One way to sort it. Plague bomb it!

But on a serious note, how many guilds are active in the area? I've passed over once or twice and spot the few odd people.

Like that idea. Can you wait with until I'm gone tho?

And there aren't many guilds active in the area, mostly due to the reasons posted above. Could be more reasons then that too.

Antistia wrote:King Greymane is, well, king. You can best compare him to a government in exile, even though his country hasn't fallen entirely. Gilneas is, and should be, an independent country. A part of the Grand Alliance, not some protectorate.

Which is why I'm kinda shocked that the Council is regarding Gilneas as a state...
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, I've always figured with Gilneas in its current state it would be somewhere inbetween an independent kingdom and a protectorate in that they don't have the resources or manpower to sustain themselves if needed and their own capital is deemed too unsafe for their king to reside.

Formally, ofcourse they're an independent kingdom, but in reality I'd say they're not quite "up there". I view them sort of like the gnomes of Stormwind. Gnomeregan isn't ours so we're a people and a political body but to call the republic an independent nation would be sad.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Then the people of Gilneas and Greymane are being funded by the Grand Alliance to get their kingdom back. It's still their kingdom and land and has been for how many years now?

But yea, Gilneas is in the same state as Gnomeregan, I won't deny that. But Gnomes aren't regarded as a State of Ironforge (As far as I know, anyways...) So... Why should Gilneas be?

Spoiler:
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:04 pm

The Gnomish "State" right now is the 2 tinker towns. 1 of which is a district in Ironforge.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Liberation Front is there, the Blackwald... Legion's Hand a couple of people there, but I think they moved out.

Not as much as there were Sad
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:The Gnomish "State" right now is the 2 tinker towns. 1 of which is a district in Ironforge.

Which, as far as I know, Magni gave/let them borrow to the Gnomes due to their kingdoms current state. So they are resting, planing and plotting on how to get their kingdom back in Ironforge's Tinker Town but they still get to keep their City...

And Gilneas is regarded as a Stormwind State because one king (Not advisor) is in Stormwind's Keep for safety reasons. I fail to see the argument about Gilneas being a state.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm

I don't think Gilneas is just a state. Even if it was I doubt it would be, well, completely disregarded.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:27 pm

If i may intrude for a moment and just flag one thing up.

Regarding gankers (aBoC), could i suggest a wider use of the specially made channel people are aleady using to organise counter raids to chase them off? its been working brillianty for Stromgarde and other lordaeron guilds and has dealt aBoC a lovely kick in the pants on numerous occasions...

I'm not sure if the channel name is meant to be flaunted, so i'l just say that anyone wanting to know it can Ask Snakefang or myself for the name.

Hope Gilneas gets back to some semblance of order soon o/
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I could always came back and assume absolute control, even going as far as to tell you when you can breathe!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Lorainne wrote:I could always came back and assume absolute control, even going as far as to tell you when you can breathe!

pls Lorane, pls do et
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Lorainne wrote:I could always came back and assume absolute control, even going as far as to tell you when you can breathe!

No. A single person in control is bound to end up in a disaster when the said person dies, gets killed or goes MIA when there is no clear line of succession.

People should get freedom of RP. We don't need someone to boss people around but to guide them. Which is why I suggested my idea. A council of joint leaders in Gilneas that answer to the people and King. But other ideas are welcome!
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Faralan wrote:

pls Lorane, pls do et

gooby pls
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Faralan wrote:

pls Lorane, pls do et

gooby pls

doolan why, why doolan
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Faralan wrote:I think Gilneas is in a state of protectorate to Stormwind, much like Stromgarde was for a while.

Can't really speak on any other matter! :p

Gilneas is a war zone and only the brave or stupid are still hanging around. The way I see it it's very much a land covered in pockets of resistance with Forsaken Troopers attempting raids and hunting tactics. I'm not saying it's more Forsaken owned then Gilnean.

I would just like to clarify that it's been stated in the lore many a times, it's a war zone. It isn't being protected by Stormwind, or even by The Horde, it's being fought over by the two parties.

And I would be careful about electing ambassadors and such the likes, the towns and Greymane City -isn't- safe, for either Horde or Alliance.

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Laindo Dumon Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Gilneas is a war zone and only the brave or stupid are still hanging around. The way I see it it's very much a land covered in pockets of resistance with Forsaken Troopers attempting raids and hunting tactics. I'm not saying it's more Forsaken owned then Gilnean.

I would just like to clarify that it's been stated in the lore many a times, it's a war zone. It isn't being protected by Stormwind, or even by The Horde, it's being fought over by the two parties.

And I would be careful about electing ambassadors and such the likes, the towns and Greymane City -isn't- safe, for either Horde or Alliance.

That's what Gilneas would be like if nothing had been done, and while it's still not completely safe, a lot of us gilnean rp'ers have retaken most parts of Gilneas by now. It's still not ready to give more than token support, but an ambassador would make sense to look for aid and renew old (well very old really) alliances. WE have a seat on the norhtern council already, so I don't see why not ambassadors.
Laindo Dumon
Laindo Dumon

Character sheet
Name: Laindo Dumon
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Vec wrote:Gilneas is a war zone and only the brave or stupid are still hanging around. The way I see it it's very much a land covered in pockets of resistance with Forsaken Troopers attempting raids and hunting tactics. I'm not saying it's more Forsaken owned then Gilnean.

Yes, Gilneas is a war zone. Though how the Silverpine Questline (Horde-side) went and ended, it's quite debate able on the current status of Gilneas. Heck, The Plaguelands is also a war zone, as well as Arathi Highlands but I don't see The Lordaeron Alliance and The Kingdom of Stromgarde and other guilds over there running for their lives.

Also, the ambassadors and the likes are needed since we clearly require funding and alliances if we are to take Gilneas back.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next