Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villains and Cultists.

+23
siegmund
Sullee Swiftspeech
Aadaria-Ioanna
Frostfeather
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Rmuffn
Ixirar
Yarnaat
Robi Kaezlan
Dréfurion
Ledgic
Catari
Zalissa
Raelan
Lelara
Norrian/Chezz
erwtenpeller
Vaell
Lexgrad
Skarain
Krogon Devilstep
Drustai
Silmaniel
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Villains and Cultists. - Page 4 Empty Re: Villains and Cultists.

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Raelan wrote:There is however a -clear- decline of RPers going on since start of Cata. And quite a few of them, if not for the lack of proper RP wouldn't have quit.

And don't even try to deny that.

People always point out the server is dead this and that. Those who dont find rp here... And I mean under any circumstance except for when people is sleeping.. They 1. Dont like to rp with random people. 2. Dont see they can make their own rp and thus get rp. 3. Must be afraid of trying.

I think fear of looking to other rp'ers beyond your usual crowd. Is the main problem to be fair Raelan. As there is always rp to find and trust me some of it is will def. be better than assumed.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:11 pm

No Aad, even with trying to move out of your inner circle, and doing all you can to create your own Rp, there's still been a very noticeable decline since the start of Cata. It's not in the same abundance as it always was, and people seem to exagerate it as if it's all just people being lazy, it isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Perturbo:

There have since the beginning of wow been ups and downs due to:
New expansions, the game getting older, people finding other games to play for a short while or for good, things such as summer with vacations and RL taking over, exam periods and what not Smile What I am trying to say is..

This is nothing new, and despite the current situation with summer, the cata launch and what not. There will be ups and downs. Those who are around, are those who shape what is and what is not. Also it is they who create what ever the returners and new come back too.

Pointing out the decrease is done far more often than people seeking to actively contributing to a change. And ensuring its known Razz

That is what I am saying. As there is still far enough roleplayers around for it not being a big problem.

We need to.. Me too.. Dont get me wrong. Make changes, contribute instead of complaining ?^_^

Decrease of amount of rp'ers.. Pointing it out? = good fine. Now that it is pointed out speaking about how sad it is wont make a change. So lets make changes? We cant complain about this or that if we dont make an effort to improve, unite the community even more and ensure this is a rocking sever to come too?!!
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Of course there's been a clear decline in the number of RPers, people like Raelan and the rest of the Defias "old guard" make this one of the least friendly servers for new RPers to join. And on Horde side you basically have to join an active guild or you can't get decent rp. I've spoken to a couple of other people that left for AD and that seems to be their reasoning too.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Aadaria-Ioanna wrote:Perturbo:

There have since the beginning of wow been ups and downs due to:
New expansions, the game getting older, people finding other games to play for a short while or for good, things such as summer with vacations and RL taking over, exam periods and what not Smile What I am trying to say is..

This is nothing new, and despite the current situation with summer, the cata launch and what not. There will be ups and downs. Those who are around, are those who shape what is and what is not. Also it is they who create what ever the returners and new come back too.

No people have given it an excuse at everytime of the year. First it was "everyone's still raiding" then it was "christmas, once that's over everyone's back" then it was summer, then exams, then new games, then new content then christmas again. People have been looking for excuses for the decline for the whole coarse of the expansion. I know this isn't really helping anything by pointing this out but saying that "this happens all the time" is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:11 pm

It happens..Razz And lets instead talk of how to change it?? Which I believe my latter post was aimed to turn this in the direction of? Too many say what you do. But I dont see people working hard to change it. So.. Let's put on our rock shoes.. And turn the server into a better place ey? Makes more people that way^^

I am also gonna poke this thread with a wish for that maybe.. Some cultist like people due to Aboc wouldnt mind settle down around Stormwind not in it, but in the woods, etc.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:59 pm

And don't even let me get started on Geldar! Coming on once a week for the council and judging if things are worse or better?

Its because I have much more worthwhile things to do with my time than to be on DB. Also, I have some friends giving me all the information about the state of affairs and I trust their word, more than anything you will ever write here about it being otherwise.

There is however a -clear- decline of RPers going on since start of Cata. And quite a few of them, if not for the lack of proper RP wouldn't have quit.

Because frankly, this is the truth, with quite a majority of people and their guilds who created a big chunk of the RP in this community gone for whatever reasons they have, it will keep declining. Also, I like your attempts for the righteous ad hominem retort, but it won't work, really.

In the end, villains and good guys. No matter what side of the fence they play on, when something is not worth doing, or does not provide fun anymore, you have the current result at hand. And that speaks louder than any reasoning that could be provided.

No people have given it an excuse at everytime of the year. First it was "everyone's still raiding" then it was "christmas, once that's over everyone's back" then it was summer, then exams, then new games, then new content then christmas again. People have been looking for excuses for the decline for the whole coarse of the expansion. I know this isn't really helping anything by pointing this out but saying that "this happens all the time" is wrong.

And this, because it further underlines matters.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Glilya wrote: ...-people like Raelan and the rest of the Defias "old guard" make-...

What did I do to deserve such a compliment? <3
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Theres an 'Old guard'?

And Raelan is in it?

...The hell have i been?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Geldar wrote:
And don't even let me get started on Geldar! Coming on once a week for the council and judging if things are worse or better?

Its because I have much more worthwhile things to do with my time than to be on DB. Also, I have some friends giving me all the information about the state of affairs and I trust their word, more than anything you will ever write here about it being otherwise.

If you're inactive on the server and taking all your information from an unreliable source, how can you even comment on the situation. As people have said to me "You wern't there.", You're not here. I'd suggest putting some more time into your council placement, considering how hard some of the other IC leaders work for their position.

I've got 10 RP characters, one in most active guilds on the server and have only recently quit two of the most active ones (Orb and DoL) and ironically I've never seen most of the people commenting on how it is so bad now. So a question to those who are the nay sayers;

- Are you active?
- Do you RP among a tight circle or a large variety of people? (Council does not count, Braiden makes the effort to go guild to guild)
- What have you contributed in the last few months to help the server develop instead of just complaining about how it won't ever be as good?

^ Because quite honestly, we still have a player base of three digits on Alliance alone, there are still very big ongoing RP scenes (I'd find myself flicking between five characters just to experience events on some days) and the RP has not in the slightest died. Yes, it has dwindled, but we still have a fairly big community.

TL;DR Contribute, don't just say "it'll never be as good Sad"
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Theres an 'Old guard'?

And Raelan is in it?

...The hell have i been?

On AD perhaps?
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Raelan wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:Theres an 'Old guard'?

And Raelan is in it?

...The hell have i been?

On AD perhaps?

Suprisingly not.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Suggestion: If there is a need to have debate of: Where did the rp go.. make a new thread?^^ We have derailed this far too much in some posts Smile
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Freelancers is an RP guild of 78 members, few alts. So there's activity to be found. Just saying.

Also, I think the newest incarnation of AOTD looks bloody brilliant. Definately a cult of villains worthy of their salt.

EDIT: Though, why there is no guild of Defias thugs on the Defias brotherhood server beats me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Perturbo wrote:No Aad, even with trying to move out of your inner circle, and doing all you can to create your own Rp, there's still been a very noticeable decline since the start of Cata. It's not in the same abundance as it always was, and people seem to exagerate it as if it's all just people being lazy, it isn't.

Fact.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:50 am

Guys.

RP is happening. Fact.

Just do a /who Blades, /who disciples or /who Freelancers. I dare ya.
I for one mostly end up with double digits of active RPers when I do that.

See? Not so hard.

And sure, yesterday was great, but we're done with that day now, and should focus on right now and tomorrow instead of sitting here mourning the day that passed.

ON TOPIC: If you miss a good villain, go ahead, make one. Take the first step, get the ball rolling. It may not roll as fast at it once did, but it rolls!

"But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more"
- Wise men on the topic of nostalgia vs. current

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaniel Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 am

I'm already underway as far as villains go. I used to be one myself back in the days. I'm just seeing if there's any good support around and if folks be up for teamwork! But yeah, I like quite a few of the ideas posted here. Thanks a whole bunch Smile

However, please do try and keep the whole "Server used to be good" discussion to a minimum. It was good, it declined, new people come in, others go out. I've been here since Vanilla, I've heard this discussion a thousand times. And it was rather boring to go through pages worth of this to check out the meat of the question asked.

Silmaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Silmaniel wrote:I'm already underway as far as villains go. I used to be one myself back in the days. I'm just seeing if there's any good support around and if folks be up for teamwork! But yeah, I like quite a few of the ideas posted here. Thanks a whole bunch Smile

However, please do try and keep the whole "Server used to be good" discussion to a minimum. It was good, it declined, new people come in, others go out. I've been here since Vanilla, I've heard this discussion a thousand times. And it was rather boring to go through pages worth of this to check out the meat of the question asked.

Shro'gan wasnt a villian. he just wasnt understood.

p.s., if your villian wants to team with my villian, we can do some villiany together.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Well I'm working on a cult/shadowy/evil kinda villain thing. And I certainly don't mind co-operation Sil.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4