Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for cultists!

+12
Gogol
Drustai
Valestrion
Vaell
Melnerag
Lexgrad
Rmuffn
Aadaria-Ioanna
Skarain
Ralegh
Rae Wulfgnar
Fortesgue
16 posters

Go down

Looking for cultists! Empty Looking for cultists!

Post by Fortesgue Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:13 am

Hello, Fortesgue//Damoni here,

I want to start an out of guild organisation which is obviously cult based, since i cannot find any good cult RP around at the moment aside from the lamb.

Having seen many cult types go past over the years i have felt having a shadow or an enemy has always helped make Defias Brotherhood quite an atmospheric enviroment. Not to mention ive always wanted to make one myself!

So here is the draft! Might be confusing since i am just idea spinning here, but ill bullet point it and feel free to let me know if your interested or hate the idea. Smile

Aims
- To create a non-guild organised cult, specifically so people do not have to leave their old guilds, will also allow people to put eggs in different many baskets.
- To create a cult similar to the twilight cult, but for Sargeras and the Legion, So - To find and welcome back the Legion into Azeroth.
- I want to make the cult so that power = strength, so the leader of the cult at any given time is the person who has support from the most cultists, more on this later.
- To use ciphers? and such to create mystery and intrigue for those who would oppose us, more on this later too!
- Perhaps to later work on a cultist hub (outside of SW) for general RP and meetings if enough of us can be mustered.
- Will not be class specific, naturally, evil is not exclusive to warlocks alone.

Power = Strength

Even though i plan to put a deal of effort into this myself, I do not wish to automatically lead it IC, simply because i would like a cult that focused entirely on power for its governance.

I think it would be cool, if by rallying (bullying, misdirecting, controlling or outright removing) you could gain power within the cult by pushing your aims through other members, although it would effectively be like a vote, its much more crude and ruthless. Hopefully if my idea all works out, one person could lead the cult for two weeks, mess up big time and then simply be replaced.
This would also put pressure (which is good) on new members of the cult, since they will be drafted (or attempted to) to certain causes within the cult.

The Cult leader: Would obviously organise events and sort out the rankings, simply put they decide everything. He maintains power by keeping his minions and officers "happy" and working toward proper aims (could also bully everyone, naturally) This is bound to be a stressful position, but hey, isn't power always stressful?

Officers: Right and left hand of the current power.

Minions: all those beneath.

Ive kept the ranks simple and lose because this is not a guild, and i think other positions and ranks will simply create themselves IC over the time. Most characters in the cult will aim to be as close to the top as possible, and i think interesting manipulation will occur as we all vie for dominance Very Happy.

Let me know what you think of this.. and if i havent explained it very well let me know.

Mystery and Intrigue

The biggest problems with cults have always been with the guards, naturally the most fun has come from that aswell, so with that in mind -:

I want the organisation to work in a much more subtle way, rather than an obvious way, and yet leave clues and mysteries for the guards to sort;

e.g - A guild cypher, or code: by using a code for letters and communications we could let the guards know information if they can figure it out, also have an IC way of communicating between members. (obviously letters could be "accidentally" dropped to guards through the forums, if they work them out, they get information, if not, they do not)
- Lack of obvious murders and city crimes, these were always the bane of cults, and being guilty of them myself, they get you in jail much more often that not.

Organisation

The cult will initially be calendared in to meetings, and most of the RP will occur in and around those meetings, including the introduction of new members.

Either way, this is just the base idea, it could work, it might fail horribly, but id like to give it a shot, and if you think this is something you would like to put effort into, then post me up, or whisper me on Damoni.

Thanks

- Fort
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Looking for cultists! Empty Re: Looking for cultists!

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 am

NO MORE CULT GUILDS!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:36 am

Whats wrong with cult guilds? I like cult guilds!
If you were looking for good cult rp though Fort you could contact Sophyra aswell, who has a quite nice one running.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:38 am

One guard guild, 3-4 cult guilds =(
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:08 am

Wulfgnar wrote:One guard guild, 3-4 cult guilds =(
Darkness will consume all! Resistance is futile!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:23 am

.. You do know about Omen of Discord and Black Hand right Fortesgue?
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:26 am

Well there's always the unorthodox means...

The Chapterian means..
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:32 am

Erahn wrote:

Well there's always the unorthodox means...

The Chapterian means..

This <3
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 am

I would sooner join the Legion! /flounce
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:57 am

*sends Lexgrad to drink tea with the Burning Legion*
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:23 am

But yes, there is the Omen of Discord and the Black Hand. Omen has a strong Legionite tint to it, although it doesn't say "Legion Cult" on the lid. We have people who know they work for the Legion, and we have people who don't know they work for the Legion and those who know but don't care.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a third, but if you're looking for cult RP, I'd definitely suggest the Omen. (I wouldn't suggest the Black Hand as their leader seems to still be breast fed).

More baddies is good, Wulf! There are plenty of RPers who would fight against them. The Three Hammers, Disciples, Chapter, Blades, KT... In fact, the goodies outnumber them. For example, when you went to the Badlands - your guard status didn't matter.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 am

Vaell has a valid point about the Disciples not being guards in the Badlands. It's outside our jurisdiction as Stormwind Guards but covered by our broader moral responsibility as followers of the Light. It added an interesting new dimension in that we had to consider the feelings of the Dwarves. Fortunately, the Three Hammers are our close allies so, as long as we respect their sovereignty by keeping them informed, they are not likely to get upset with us entering their territory, but it did highlight that the Three Hammers are also interested in getting involved in anti-cultist operations when the cultist spill into their territory.

Wulf's point is fair when you consider the ratio of cultists to those guilds who are trusted to operate on their own against cultists in Stormwind, but when you consider the broader picture there are other options open to us to look for assistance from other guilds who are either

1) responsible for guarding other nations when the cultists go there

or

2) not guards but willing to help under Guard supervision

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:45 am

By the way, I hope you are not thinking of going cultist on Fortesgue, Fort. We might have alternatives when it comes to people to fight the cultists, but we don't have any alternatives when it comes to the low numbers of respected priests.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:48 am

Valestrion wrote:By the way, I hope you are not thinking of going cultist on Fortesgue, Fort. We might have alternatives when it comes to people to fight the cultists, but we don't have any alternatives when it comes to the low numbers of respected priests.

QFE

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:24 pm

One guard guild must mean that guilds numbers is bolsterd rather than weakend?
I dont see it that anyone wishing to play either protagonist or antagonist will be halted by sheer number of guilds.

Fortesgue is on to something. The server could use a strong precense of a antagonist cult in order for things not to become to polarised.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:30 pm

It'd be nice to see people fighting the Horde rather than more cultists, to be honest.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Drustai wrote:It'd be nice to see people fighting the Horde rather than more cultists, to be honest.
I actually think the opposite. I like W-PvP campaigns, don't get me wrong, but you can't exchange words which takes out half the fun! At least with cultists you get that.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:32 pm

I like the idea of a non-guild based cult; it's a pretty neat concept, and far harder for people to be tracked down. Also make for interesting RP if and when they're caught out in their respective guilds, as cultists.

What's up with the lack of a protagonist cult, huh!? Unlawful batman types running around fighting DKs and saving good guys who are still trying to arrest them! "Anything goes if it's for a good cause?" You could call yourself the Prophets of Order or the White Foot! It'd be fiiiine.

Regarding current cults, Omen and Hand are certainly both active, although Hand is more underground and sporadic. And regarding the leader, he is actually in my list of the top 5 RPers I've ever met, really does a good job at making a mysterious and actually frightening atmosphere, and is very mature/helpful/friendly ooc. Omen I haven't has as much a chance to deal with but what little I've played with Sophyra and Agathea leads me to believe they're both good sports, and clever characters to boot.

So yeah, while we have established cults, nothing wrong with more.

But consider the batmen.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Feral wrote:I like the idea of a non-guild based cult; it's a pretty neat concept, and far harder for people to be tracked down. Also make for interesting RP if and when they're caught out in their respective guilds, as cultists.

What's up with the lack of a protagonist cult, huh!? Unlawful batman types running around fighting DKs and saving good guys who are still trying to arrest them! "Anything goes if it's for a good cause?" You could call yourself the Prophets of Order or the White Foot! It'd be fiiiine.

Regarding current cults, Omen and Hand are certainly both active, although Hand is more underground and sporadic. And regarding the leader, he is actually in my list of the top 5 RPers I've ever met, really does a good job at making a mysterious and actually frightening atmosphere, and is very mature/helpful/friendly ooc. Omen I haven't has as much a chance to deal with but what little I've played with Sophyra and Agathea leads me to believe they're both good sports, and clever characters to boot.

But consider the batmen.

Appreciated Feral ^^ And as for Vaell's comment I think that was a little below the belt, me and him had some ooc problems, but I see no reason to bring it to the forums or to other people, so I'm not going to join in on the bitching game, I tend to avoid arguments on the forums.

On the actual topic I love the idea of an non-guild organized cult I always found the idea of having people within guilds keeping those sort of secrets very interesting and it can lead to more and even better RP, plus them sneaking away from these meetings, people wondering where they are going, the whole clue system with ciphers I like as well, rather then just leaving behind dismembered bodies (We can't help it). But yes, full support on this idea, and I'd be happy to throw one of my alts into this cult, I have the perfect one in all honesty, just been waiting for something like this to proc up, so well done! Smile

Drustai wrote:It'd be nice to see people fighting the Horde rather than more cultists, to be honest.

I also agree with this, I don't think we have enough cross-faction RP going on, although I do find it can get messy unless handled very well and with patience, I've seen lots of cross-faction events explode into chaos, but then again, some of the best RP experiences I've had have been when RPing with the horde.

Last edited by Belserden / Anivitas on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Feral wrote:I like the idea of a non-guild based cult; it's a pretty neat concept, and far harder for people to be tracked down. Also make for interesting RP if and when they're caught out in their respective guilds, as cultists.

But consider the batmen.

This. ^
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Well I have a lock or two.Though I'm up the walls atm if you need an awesome warlock RPer.. Very Happy build a time machine and ask me a year or two ago:D.If not you can always appeal to my better nature and I may RP some lowly peon until stuff happens for Bob ICly
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down