Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ]

+44
Forsetí
Ave/Sariella
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Aweng
Vincent
Morinth
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Odgan / Keag
Quin
Ledgic
Sanara
Hermie
Seranita
Frostfeather
Amaryl
Salketh
Demurral
Sabien
Samian/Bismack
Axio
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Rmuffn
Lorainne/Bridlington
Rae Wulfgnar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kittrina
siegmund
Cid
Jeanpierre
Ralegh
Coppersocket
Skarain
Lexgrad
Drustai
Thondalar Stormleaf
Ara
Muzjhath
Dreaker
Sharyssa/Adenah
Azmariel
Krogon Devilstep
Sohan
Aadaria-Ioanna
48 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ] - Page 7 Empty Re: To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ]

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Ezlbag wrote:
Ildranor / Utawba wrote:
But then of course, You like Thrusting death on unwilling players too dont you = / how much of a choice did ildranor get?

I would like to say that when RPing Ildranor the way I did then, I knew that such could happen. And told Ezlbag that I would prefer Ildranor alive, but that it is RP and that I would roll with it when it made IC sense for Ildranor to get murdered.
Which happend, so it was not forced, I was well aware of the possible consueqences of messing with the Cartel, and accepted these. As I have explained to a lot of people.
Hope that clears things up for you then Seiken, as it is i would have been willing to kill my character aswell if Ildranor had been in the position to murder him...
Wanting somebody dead really doesn't work unless you are willing to go down yourself.

"that I would prefer Ildranor alive"

Eh look at that.

as for the rest, its completely negated when they keep trying to force you into said situations. point in case, provoking it.

Circles much?

I'm done here. when someone comes up with something that wont result in me losing the character i like, being forced to ignore a mad man murdering my guildies, or having to pay for a character alteration i'l come back.

Until then. just no.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ] - Page 7 Empty Re: To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ]

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

At this point I will step out also, I've made all of my points that I've needed to and I've got little reason to stick around until someone gives me a decent counter-argument...when that happens, I'll be back and in greater numbers!
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet
Name: Vincent "The Vulture" Whitecastle
Title: Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsetí Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 pm

The thing is though, no one is forcing anyone's character to die.
The only thing that is being asked is that they are allowed to die. RPing without any risk is pointless. It makes any progress meaningless.
The issue isn't with characters being killed off, or the lack of characters being killed off. It's with people unwilling to accept the consequences.

If Forsetí (My character) was to be killed somehow in an RP scenario (not some "lol i stabbed your face you dead now"), I would accept his death. I wouldn't be happy about it since I've put a lot of time and money into building the character but I couldn't turn to the rest of the RP community and expect people to take me seriously.

In short, characters can die, characters should be able to be killed, accept it and move on.
Forsetí
Forsetí

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 pm

I didnt want Dreth dead, but IC it made sense at the time so he died. I think that it is a very simalar possition as ou dear Dwarf friend (r.i.p.)

All I know is that if I made Dreth ignore the RP and live I would have let down RP story and broken the 4th wall. I would also RP Dreth knowing that my ego was put before the story and he should be dead. So although I am not over joyed he is dead and miss RPing him I am glad I didnt pussy out of it nor do I hold any grudges about it.

Now Back to good guys and facing death. Discuss.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey Swindle *wave*
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Now Back to good guys and facing death. Discuss.

Read what Ildranor wrote. Ignore what Seiken wrote. Listen to Warren. Roll with the punches.
Spoiler:
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Ezlbag wrote:
Ildranor / Utawba wrote:
But then of course, You like Thrusting death on unwilling players too dont you = / how much of a choice did ildranor get?

I would like to say that when RPing Ildranor the way I did then, I knew that such could happen. And told Ezlbag that I would prefer Ildranor alive, but that it is RP and that I would roll with it when it made IC sense for Ildranor to get murdered.
Which happend, so it was not forced, I was well aware of the possible consueqences of messing with the Cartel, and accepted these. As I have explained to a lot of people.
Hope that clears things up for you then Seiken, as it is i would have been willing to kill my character aswell if Ildranor had been in the position to murder him...
Wanting somebody dead really doesn't work unless you are willing to go down yourself.

Eh look at that.
Yeah if the situation was turned and i was at the mercy of the dwarves (as i have been before) i would prefer my character to stay alive aswell, but everytime i have been in a situation where it makes sense for my character to die i have told the people in "control" to act according to what they feel made sense. (this mostly in connections to trials)
Im not sure why you so badly want to make me sound like some bad guy who forces people to off their characters.
Is it because we framed the arathorians?

Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Ezlbag wrote:
Ildranor / Utawba wrote:

Eh look at that.

as for the rest, its completely negated when they keep trying to force you into said situations. point in case, provoking it.

Most people who accept death would prefer not to die. That doesn't mean death was 'forced' on them.

I don't want Dru to die, but if she gets cornered and people manage to kill her, then she'll die. It'll mean I'd most likely quit the game as I'd have no more reason to play, and I'd miss continuing her story, but oh well. It's not something I'd be 'forced' into, because it was my own mistake. I would have been the one that screwed up, put my character in a dangerous position they couldn't escape from, therefore death is expected. Sure, it sucks, but it's not 'forced'. It's the realistic outcome for the character making the wrong choices and getting in over their head. Ildranor knew the risks, and he went into it anyway, because it's more fun that way.

Without risk, without fear, there is no immersion. That is what makes death interesting. Accepting death doesn't mean you want it to happen, it just means you accept it if it does happen. Playing an invincible character is boring. It's like using cheat codes in video games... what the hell is the point if you can just steamroll through everything without any challenge?

Last edited by Drustai on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 pm

No, take your stuff to PM dudes, let this thread stay as it was, common sense and good debate.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Well now I'm really screwed because I'm getting paid to hunt Seiken now...

First world problems of an Assassin QQ
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet
Name: Vincent "The Vulture" Whitecastle
Title: Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Ildranor / Utawba wrote:

this was exactly same for my.. Im shure people remember My stranglethornian midget Chareshia?? she had a heart of gold.. a lovley innocent woman who joind the guards to make a difference.. she wanted to be the guards house healer,, to tend to the wounded guards and inmates alike. but being the small and odd guard.. she was CONSTANTLY targeted by criminals and chaptarians alike tyring to get dirt on the seals.. Poor shia must have been mugged 6 times.. blown up twice.. shot 5 times tortured twice tortured mentaly 4 times.. in the end her mind could not hack it and she broke taking her own life.. yes I did not want shia dead.. but so many bad things happend.. with the personality traist she had.. its natural she would end up in a self distructive cycle.. I dont hate those that drove shia to her death.. I actualy thank them in a way.. they made me realy think on how someone ic can deal with many situations and her death was very emotional to me.. Indeed I even shed a couple of tears.. did I regret killing her? yes! would I do it again if the situation of a toons death arose.. again.. yes

it has taken nerly 2 years for someone to return.. find shia and bring her back.. but due to a decomposed body and a soul that refused to rest.. she has come back as an undead.. not a dk somehting else.. i would say the more attatched you get to your toon.. the more others are attatched to your toon threw interactions.. the more potent and mooving that toon's deaths loss becomes.. shia was loved by all and As A result they went on a crusade against cultists in darkshire (beffor the dk's took over the place)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:36 pm

All this talk about character deaths is getting me itchy to get some of my own killed. I've had an alt die once, but that's not really the same, nor are NPCs you designed with the exempt purpose of being defeated by the heroes.

This may sound morbid, but there seem to be so many interesting stories you can tell with the death of an "important" character. It gives other characters that were closely connected to it some really cool chances for development. There's nothing quite to shake up the status quo as a violent removal of some of the cast! I certainly experienced several emotional highs surrounding character deaths. I am thankful for having had the opportunity to roleplay such strong emotions, and hope to one day return the favor.

A condition for that would be that is would have to be a significant death though, not some random bum stabbing my character in a Stormwind back-alley for pocket change. That would not be dramatically statisfying at all. A good betrayal, a dagger in the back, or a heroic sacrifice: those are the stuff of legends, lows and highs.

Death is one of the most powerful dramatic and narrative tools available. Don't be afraid to use it, but don't just use it callously either.

Last edited by Thelos on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Thelos wrote:All this talk about character deaths is getting me itchy to get some of my own killed.

The downside to it is that it might end up having a dud impact if it's delivered at the wrong time - Like say... Right now during our current plot, if Thelos were to die it'd throw the group into disarray for a bit but then the pieces would be picked up by the other leaders. And you (usually) only get one chance at making said impact, so it's a tough decision to make I think!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Indeed. It would have to be a dramatically statisfying death and not just any random rock falling on his head.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 am

indeed I did this well with shia but my timing sucked.. the impact i had was not as strongly felt as i hoped it would be
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:16 am

I don't always start drama on the forums

but when i do i get my friends to back me up against everything the other guy sayz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 am

This just further illustrates that Seiken has no clue whatsoever about what he even tries to talk about, much less comprehend anything simple like actually dying volunteerly. Several people stated the fact that "sure, I would prefer my char to be alive, BUT for the sake of RP I go with the flow". It creates good RP, and if you weren't such a bonehead too busy sucking yourself off, you would see that as well.
But now you are a bonehead, you (and some others from here) keep giving trolls and griefers attention in their RECRUITMENT threads making them seem more valid in the eyes of others and you expect us to bow our heads and say "Krogon/Seiken the Great" for that?

And you really think that you can order the rest of us around, going for your twisted end of "RP" for the sake of boosting one man's ego?
I think not!

Quite frankly I'd like to say: Stop breathing, you'll do us all a big favour. Evil or Very Mad
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:41 am

Going from derailing big time, to popcorn arguments too:

Quite frankly I'd like to say: Stop breathing, you'll do us all a big favour.

I have 3 times posted what the actual subject of this thread was..

I have not told people to stop having arguments, even when things turned out of hand like usual and popcorn got involved.. But now its gone way beyond my limit..

I claim my thread back in the means of: Mods.. Please now you can lock this without feeling a risk of people being insulted in any means or ways *Stares at everyone* for threads being shut down without people being allowed to argue first.

Derail, back on topic, derail, back on topic, derail - almost back on topic and now this.. Shut this please. Preferably I would want it burned on a pyre..
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 am

Locking upon thread creator's request.

Feel free to recreate the thread if you believe the topic can continue without all the poo slingin'.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7