Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ]

+44
Forsetí
Ave/Sariella
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Aweng
Vincent
Morinth
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Odgan / Keag
Quin
Ledgic
Sanara
Hermie
Seranita
Frostfeather
Amaryl
Salketh
Demurral
Sabien
Samian/Bismack
Axio
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Rmuffn
Lorainne/Bridlington
Rae Wulfgnar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kittrina
siegmund
Cid
Jeanpierre
Ralegh
Coppersocket
Skarain
Lexgrad
Drustai
Thondalar Stormleaf
Ara
Muzjhath
Dreaker
Sharyssa/Adenah
Azmariel
Krogon Devilstep
Sohan
Aadaria-Ioanna
48 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ] - Page 5 Empty Re: To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ]

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Vincent wrote:It'd be nice if some of the people on this post would put there money where there mouth was when it came to this topic of discussion...

Because I'm a bad guy, I should die if I'm caught...

I'm not allowed to dispatch my hunters? Why the hell not?

Your hunted. If you dont want to be... STOP DOING BAD THINGS. Or atleast hide a tad better.

This angry rant was brought to you by LOLbane ltd. and Diet Cola... Mmmmm good.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ] - Page 5 Empty Re: To our Alliance and their guild leaders. An encouragment. [DO LOCK THREAD PLEASE. ]

Post by Drustai Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:11 pm

You're hunting. If you don't want to die... stop chasing after a killer.

The argument goes both ways. There should be risk on both sides.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Thing is, I've never had an issue with my characters dying. My previous villain character was beheaded in Gilneas after being caught in tabard, with plague. That was a massive error on my part and it lead to him being caught and ofcourse - death.

But, I'm starting to ask myself, why should I play a criminal when I can't really do anything to my goodie-two-shoes counterparts? I mean, if you hunt a man and he knows that if he is caught, he will die, you think he won't strike back at his hunters? Why should those that choose to chase a dangerous, insane criminal be exempt from their own actions?

So far, I see it as, I do bad things, therefore, bad things happen to my characters, like the death penalty.

If your character is brave enough, or stupid enough to chase a man that does bad things, arn't they in turn making the cognitive decision to become a part of some mass-murderer's hit-list?
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet
Name: Vincent "The Vulture" Whitecastle
Title: Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Drustai wrote:You're hunting. If you don't want to die... stop chasing after a killer.

On the contrary. This depends on provocation.

I (my character) couldnt give a rats ass about vincent's character, not do i much ooc. Yet because of his constant provocations (his being the initial in all senses) i am forced in a round about way to respond in such a way.

You are free to of course tell me how my character unfairly provoked Vincents, but as most know... he didnt. The long and short of it is, If you dont want to get chased (and because by default the law has to)... Then dont provoke it.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Isn't this true of all criminals? They provoke the law rather than the law provoking them? (In most cases)

So, the criminal community should be hunted to whatever extent the good guys will do because we started it?

I mean, this isn't Disney, bad guys don't always fall off cliffs to their doom and the goodies don't always get the princess, I'm just saying, if I surround a good-guy 6 to 1, who would kill me if the odds were in his favour, why should I then bow my head and say, "Be free, I provoked you!"
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Vincent wrote:Isn't this true of all criminals? They provoke the law rather than the law provoking them? (In most cases)

So, the criminal community should be hunted to whatever extent the good guys will do because we started it?

I mean, this isn't Disney, bad guys don't always fall off cliffs to their doom and the goodies don't always get the princess, I'm just saying, if I surround a good-guy 6 to 1, who would kill me if the odds were in his favour, why should I then bow my head and say, "Be free, I provoked you!"

Because its not real life either. Its a roleplay server, And not everyone wants their character to die.

Hence why mine Obeys the law. I dont want him to be subjected to it.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:24 pm

I know the feel vincent. I would love Una to go mad with bitterness and come for vengence on those who exiled him. But the thing is he is caught on SW there will be a thousand crys for his head and not one asking why a pretty tasty mage could not take his target down.

Or see what Drube says for a better expressed term. And If bad guys didnt do bad things the good guys couldnt be good. You need to give room to the bad guys. Ultimately the good will always triumph, we cant depose the king or raise Ironforge but a few bones would not be out of order.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Vincent wrote:Isn't this true of all criminals? They provoke the law rather than the law provoking them? (In most cases)

Because its not real life either. Its a roleplay server, And not everyone wants their character to die.

Hence why mine Obeys the law. I dont want him to be subjected to it.

But dont you see how it is wrong to demand the head of a RPer if you could not offer your own.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Drustai wrote:You're hunting. If you don't want to die... stop chasing after a killer.

I (my character) couldnt give a rats ass about vincent's character, not do i much ooc. Yet because of his constant provocations (his being the initial in all senses) i am forced in a round about way to respond in such a way.

You are not forced to respond. You have the choice to just let him be, allow his spree to go unpunished. If you don't want your character to be harmed, then that is the choice you should take.

The choice to hunt down a dangerous criminal should be taken only when you understand that there is equal risk involved for yourself. Otherwise, you're 'in the wrong profession'. Any player who makes it their character's life's work to get involved in very risky and dangerous things, whether that be war, crime, or policing, must go into it with the expectation that their character will have to actually face the risks inherent in those professions. Otherwise, they should find a new line of work.

If you're not willing to sacrifice in the line of duty, then you shouldn't play a character serving in a capacity that is at its heart about shielding others from harm at the possible expense to one's self. It's a mockery of that to use the hand of God to shield yourself from harm. Real cops and soldiers die every day in their line of work, but they do it anyway because they are courageous and selfless. It's dangerous for everyone involved, not just the criminal.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Drustai wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:

You are not forced to respond. You have the choice to just let him be, allow his spree to go unpunished. If you don't want your character to be harmed, then that is the choice you should take.

The choice to hunt down a dangerous criminal should be taken only when you understand that there is equal risk involved for yourself. Otherwise, you're 'in the wrong profession'. Any player who makes it their character's life's work to get involved in very risky and dangerous things, whether that be war, crime, or policing, must go into it with the expectation that their character will have to actually face the risks inherent in those professions. Otherwise, they should find a new line of work.

If you're not willing to sacrifice in the line of duty, then you shouldn't play a character serving in a capacity that is at its heart about shielding others from harm at the possible expense to one's self. It's a mockery of that to use the hand of God to shield yourself from harm. Real cops and soldiers die every day in their line of work, but they do it anyway because they are courageous and selfless. It's dangerous for everyone involved, not just the criminal.

Indeed, i'l stop responding and let him keep trying to, or infact succeeding in his strange fascination with "killing characters" without any response.

Sorry. but this is laughable.

He's fixated on killing characters. Yet He doesnt like being hunted for it.

Thats just dammed insane, and i refuse to take part in such a gaping void of logic.

Last edited by Seiken Lionmane on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:33 pm

I've had my characters die before, by the hand of justice...try again?

Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Vincent wrote:

captain Escapes from everything.

shall we continue?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Drustai wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:

Indeed, i'l stop responding and let him keep trying to, or infact succeeding in his strange fascination with "killing characters" without any response.

Thats just dammed insane, and i refuse to take part in such a gaping void of logic.
He's not fixated on murdering characters, nor is he bothered by dying as he has already sacrificed a character once. Now i don't like pointing fingers but you supposedly have killed Seiken several times but returned anyway with a retcon. So in this case, he's actually the better person with more reason to be bothered than you. Sorry if this seemed snappy!
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Look mate, I don't escape from everything, in fact there are very few occasions that I've been close to capture, and if I have, I've made logical escapes. My point is, this isn't about my character entirely, it's about the criminal community as well.

I'm not fixated on killing off other characters, I want the good guys to no longer be immune, especially as I've suffered from, "I know I've been kidnapped because I was messing with your plans...but i have an event in an hour so let me go."

There are injustices on the side of criminal RP that I really want to see change, especially when it comes to goodies not dying...
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:39 pm

yes

*popcorn*
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Drustai wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:

What would be damned insane is playing a character who's job is to put himself into harm's way, and then not allow harm to be done to him.

This has nothing to do with Vincent, you're allowing your personal grievances to distract you from the overall point. It is about both sides, bad and good, understanding that there is a risk involved in what they do and that they should acknowledge that risk instead of Godmoding their character's survival.

He should be willing to be killed if he does bad things, yup. Likewise, you should be willing to be killed if you do dangerous things, like war or hunting killers.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsetí Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Vincent wrote:

shall we continue?

He escaped through help from others, not through some OP emotes or made up magic.
If you had him chained to the wall and cut his head off, he would have died.
Everyone needs to be in the same position. If they are caught and logic dictates they would be killed, they must die.
People should be free to follow whichever story they wish and they must deal with the consequences. At no point has Vincent said he doesn't want his character to die. He's just stating that it goes both ways. Good guys aren't invincible. Death is the inevitable outcome for everyone. And everyone should accept that.
Forsetí
Forsetí

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

"AMEN!

but i should also raise the point, good guys can die too!"

Why can't I hold all this irony?!

Last edited by Vincent on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I want the good guys to no longer be immune

Indeed, because ICly, who are the bad guys?

Guards and lighties are the evil villains in most of my character their eyes. Stop doing such evil stuff, lighties and guards, or face the consequences!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Forsetí wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Vincent wrote:

shall we continue?

He escaped through help from others, not through some OP emotes or made up magic.
If you had him chained to the wall and cut his head off, he would have died.
Everyone needs to be in the same position. If they are caught and logic dictates they would be killed, they must die.
People should be free to follow whichever story they wish and they must deal with the consequences. At no point has Vincent said he doesn't want his character to die. He's just stating that it goes both ways. Good guys aren't invincible. Death is the inevitable outcome for everyone. And everyone should accept that.

chopped his head off?

Gahahahaha!

Master Warlock-mage-ninja had a curse on someone that would kill them if he was to die, wasnt he?

sorry, but this is just getting more and more funny. Keeping going, Crojwin pass me some popcorn!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:44 pm

*passes popcorn*

It's not poisoned. Honest.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Which is all entirely IC, who knows if it even works? Will a mad-man try to avoid his own death so that he can become a god in the eyes of others?

Well, yeah.

Will cutting off Vincent's head kill him?

Pretty much.

If you've run out of arguments I'd rather you bow out rather than fill up the thread with...bullsh*t.
Vincent
Vincent

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:31 pm

I would really like to see Seiken answer any of the points Drustai for example brought up.. instead of just trying to slander Vincent.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:34 pm

This is why I've grown so fond of game-mastered, engineered events. In the end, the bad guy dies, the good guys win, and everyone ends up having a good time, nobody "looses".
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Ezlbag wrote:I would really like to see Seiken answer any of the points Drustai for example brought up.. instead of just trying to slander Vincent.

I could spend all day arguing points and views. at the end of it all, my view differs from vincent and i wont let him force something on my chracter i dont want.

But then of course, You like Thrusting death on unwilling players too dont you = / how much of a choice did ildranor get?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next