Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

+13
Amaryl
Aweng
Coppersocket
Ledgic
Eloresh
Sohan
Rhavz'amul
Sonitus
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Lexgrad
Gilran
Cid
Azmariel
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

16th or 23rd?

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] - Page 2 Vote_lcap59%Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 17

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

Post by siegmund Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Well i'm guessing by trinket you mean the lvl 60 one which has a 5 min cd.

Though i have to ask, since this is a duel tournament and not arena like (Where everything goes) How are cold snap/Prep treated? As they are both Op and in duels i don't use it (Unless a Frost mage comes along)
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

Post by Azmariel Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Personally, I don't PvP. I dislike PvP'ing because people are, more so often, better then me and I have this hate against loosing.

And I PvP on a warrior.

So, in other words, I have very limited experience regarding PvP skills, specs, OP and UP though I could start to read up and make a list of what things I don't like, but that would end up in a disaster. So my question towards the people of DefiasRP is...

Is there a list of skills, or a RP-pvp system that isn't hated, that I could maybe look into and maybe borrow for this segment of the Tournament?
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Frankly, in my opinion everything should be allowed. Armor, trinkets, weapons, abilities, whatever. If people have ground up their own PvP armor in time for the event, then there's no reason that rules should be implemented to 'make it fair'.

Did previous Argent Crusade Tournament events have these stipulations?

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Well i just asked as some may view differently as you surely don't want me double vanishing. Other than that i'm guessing death knight runeforging is forbidden as well in the lvl 60/70 thing.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Far as I reckon, the tournament was on mounts... So no gear requirement was needed back then.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:16 pm

This is a jousting tournament isn't it?
Jousting requires nothing and uses nothing but the bar given to you on the mounts.

The mounts have preset health and damage and is not affected by gear or trinkets. It's completely fair.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Coppersocket wrote:This is a jousting tournament isn't it?
Jousting requires nothing and uses nothing but the bar given to you on the mounts.

The mounts have preset health and damage and is not affected by gear or trinkets. It's completely fair.

^ This.

And for the duels, well, if people stroll in with pvp gear beneath the guy they challenge then uh... that isn't the other bloke's fault. If people of all level ranges arrive, then just try to keep the actual duels in brackets to minimise the issue.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 pm

I was actually planing on keeping the duels balanced regarding the gear/items, which is why I figured that I'd require people to get a set of pre-defined gear -IN CASE- there is a huge gap of the gear between the duellists and one of them would like to even the odds. (As in, for example, partial-Ruthless/blue items against full Elite Cataclysmic gear.)

That is the only thing I wanted to enforce (To a limit). In case the duellists want gear-balance, both of them have an extra set of PvP gear to use. That's it. But if you have such strong feelings against bringing an extra set of armour and/or changing gear because the other person is under-geared, I suppose that the requirement could be removed due to popular demand.

Also, to answer Coopersocket's Question

Coppersocket wrote:This is a jousting tournament isn't it?

The Tournament is in two parts. (As in, two competitions.)

The first competition would be the Jousting, with no gear requirement or anything. As long as you can wield the lance and mount a horse, you can join in.

The second competition is the duels, with the only requirement of a pre-set armour due to gear-balancing.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Hehe ill show up and beat you all like Ashley today
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2