Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

+13
Amaryl
Aweng
Coppersocket
Ledgic
Eloresh
Sohan
Rhavz'amul
Sonitus
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Lexgrad
Gilran
Cid
Azmariel
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

16th or 23rd?

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Vote_lcap41%Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Vote_lcap59%Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 17

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Empty Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Banner10

Ever since the Third War, the restless Scourge has been a plague upon the civilised world of Azeroth. The Knights of the Silver Hand disbanded with a death of great paladins, the bodies of our deceased family raised from the grave and perverted with twisted, unholy magic and ancient heroes and monsters brought from their eternal slumber to fight for the Lich King, Arthas.

Now, after years of fighting and victories, Champions of the Alliance and the Horde have successfully defeated, and slain, The Lich King and restored peace to Azeroth and our fallen comrades and allies alike... And now, we blow the horn to call for a second Argent Tornament, to remind us of our fallen brothers and sisters in battle and fight for their glory!

Fight well, Campions of Azeroth, for the day is ours!

*~* OOC *~*

DO NOTE. NOT FINAL.

Right then! Time to get real.

The event will start on the 16th/23rd (Depending on what says on the poll above, mind you!) and will span on for the next few days.

Both Alliance and Horde players are welcome to join and are free to introduce their own idea/rp into this tournament if requested and as long as it won't go against the main goal of the event, which is to have drama-free fun and, hopefully, an enjoyable time spent.

And, of course, to lose horribly against Coppersocket in jousting. *Cough Cough*
Lol, Coppersocket was here.

I'd also like to find a person that's interested in having an act, a firework show or even preform a poem! What is a tournament without entertainment?

As for the tournament...

For the jousting-

I'll be using the Double-Elimination Tournament rules for the preliminary round and then the the Sudden Death Tournament rules for the Big tournament. But it might vary if you people would like it to remain double-elimination.

For the duels-

I'll be "enforcing" the level 60 PvP gear. Nothing enchanted, gem'd or otherwise violated for the sake of gear-balance. -HOWEVER-, if both patricians are willing to use their own PvP gear, they are allowed to do so. There is also a good chance that there will be more "rules" put into place. But do note, if the both participant don't mind, these rules are void.

Also, the the Sudden Death Tournament rules will be used here.

Below, is the event plan, though it's not finalised.

v
Spoiler:

The fee for the event are as follow.
Entry fee is two gold coins.
Sale-Privileges is two gold, which will last throughout the event.
Spectators fee is two silver coins. (And one silver for a person below 14 of age. Free for toddlers.)

Now, the grand rewards are as follow. (Though the "ranks" are prior to change. Maybe.)
Valiant (Fourth places?) is Ten gold coins.
Champion (Third places?) is Fifteen gold coins.
Crusader (Second places) is Twenty five gold coins.
Grand Champion of the Tournament (First place) is Fifty gold coins

And that's all the OOC stuff! Some IC information might be posted later but that remains to be seen.

Criticism, ideas, pointers and slanders are welcomed!

Old post here.
Spoiler:

OldER post down here. v
Spoiler:

Last edited by Snakefang/Azmariel on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Empty Re: Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

Post by Cid Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:17 pm

I remember that event. It was on this server, quite big too, loads of guilds involved.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2] Empty Re: Event Idea: Yearly Argent Crusade Tournament [Updated v.2]

Post by Gilran Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Sounds like a good idea, the Dwarves will have a training there next week I think according to the calendar.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 am

As one of about 3 Argent Crusaders I like my chances XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 am

I love the Idea
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 am

I think it's a good space that is rather neglected actually...
I'd recommend using the leaders and officers roster in registry and sending out some IC letters to leaders on both sides.

That's way then everyone will hear of it in some way to attend. I certainly know myself and a few others would be interested in this!

And I really should start those dailies... I really want the Thunder Bluff title and Kodo.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:01 pm

I approve, great idea
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Sounds like a fun and interesting idea. I approve.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 pm

This would be something I'd love to see, good old Argent days Smile
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Lordaeron Alliance is thinking of a tournament in between northern orders. Contact me for more info
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Right. Seeing as there are a few people here that seem to approve the idea of another Argent Crusade Tournament, so I'll be taking it as a good thing and try to puzzle something together with the various of people around here!

Now, are there people willing to help organise the event (Alliance/Horde-side?) or have ideas that they'd like to share?

And no, nothing is set on stone right now.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Northern roleplay guilds are dead nowadays, we intend to bring back some RP but try being not spontaneously. So we thought a tournament in between northern orders should bring some noise and be fun
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Absolutely excellent idea. I attended the large tournament we had of a similar nature in wrath and it was great fun.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Updated the original post with more current information and other related stuff.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:41 am

I'll find a reason to be there and kick yo arses in this~
Never lost a jousting match against anyone and most people I've seen doing it are simply bad at it.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 pm

And updated once more!

Feel free to criticise!
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aweng Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:34 am

A specator fee? And what if you're an argent to begin with? (because I am) Would I be obliged to pay in my own tournament grounds Razz? Just kdding.

I think I am making it a guild event for the wardens. Signing for 23rd

PS: Nvm, we'll be there, whatever the date
Aweng
Aweng

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Are there no Horde guilds/roleplayers interested? The lack of response from them is kinda troubling.

Though there is a bigger chance that they'd say something when I throw this up on the Realm forums...

Also, Shameless Bump.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:19 pm

because if you want big guilds to show up instead of just randoms, you kinda have to poke them in-game and talk with them to make sure they show up and bring their guilds.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 pm

^

What Amaryl said. In-game recruiting is always much better than forum recruiting.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Yea, I've noticed. Still, it doesn't hurt to try.

Well. Hasn't hurt so far.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:11 pm

I think orcs of the red blade could be interested in this. We currently have our main focus elsewhere in the world, but perhaps it could be solved by IC means of.. Dalaran mages summoning or whatever.

Unsure of how/why we'd be invited IC'ly, but at least you know that there is interest from our side. Think Rargnasha won the last tournament I saw, but that was years ago.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Drustai wrote:^

What Amaryl said. In-game recruiting is always much better than forum recruiting.

Both is obviously the best Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:58 pm

So for the duels it is intended to use the lvl 60 PvP gear bought in Sw?

But what of trinkets and such?

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Hmmm...

Now that you bring it up, I noticed that there is a lack of level 60 "extra" PvP gear (Rings, Trinkets and Neck) so the next step above that would then be the leve 70 stuff. And since the Honour Point prices don't rises up by all that much, there is a possibility of changing the 60 gear up to the level 70 stuff. Which, from my view, is a good idea. Though it does imply more farming and level 60's would then have to have some special treatment or simply disallow them access.

So. Either it level 60 gear (Chest, Helm, Boots, Gloves, Legs) + 70 rings, trinket, cloak and neck.
Or
Full 70 (Brutal/Season 4) PvP gear. Though the grand total would then be around 1k HP.

And yes. This also includes the weapons. And do note, if both duellists want to use their own weapons and armour (And both agree), it's allowed. Just felt like bringing this point up again.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next