Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Argent Crusade guild??

+6
Torukan
Mallea/Trollmeat
Gunnell
Rmuffn
Magaskawee/Anaei
Eloresh
10 posters

Go down

Horde Argent Crusade guild?? Empty Horde Argent Crusade guild??

Post by Eloresh Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:45 pm

This idea came out talking with an old guild friend back from Argent Guard. We want to know the interest that would the Horde RP players have in making an Argent Crusade guild.

Right now, the Argent Crusade guild in the Alliance is doing great. A lot of people are getting interest in it and the daily-weekly events are going really well.

This could bring for sure great Cross-faction RP. I suggest that anyone interested in making an Argent guild in the horde, contacts me here.

Last edited by Eloresh on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Horde Argent Crusade guild?? Empty Re: Horde Argent Crusade guild??

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:52 pm

You would have to be -very- careful, the Argent Crusade is a more leaning towards Alliance organization who now have their OWN strongholds, I wouldn't think the Horde would be too happy having their Alliance-Like regalia etc in their cities, but that's my troll metallity.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 pm

True, lets hope people are interested in it though Smile It would be awesome to RP together as argents, both in the Alliance and the Horde.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Don't you mean Argent Crusade Guild? The guard thing is dodgy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 pm

I believe there was someone, a friend of mine, whom had a vision to make such a guild pre-wotlk & start of wotlk, but gave up due to lack of interest.
The main bunch being blood elves and whatnot.

She quit though. And I haven't ever heard of such interest on Horde since, sadly.

But I do agree on that Horde/Alliance alike in an Argent Crusade guild would be terrific.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 am

Then tell her, that if she wants to get the interest again, it would be epic...
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 am

I fail to see how this would be 'epic' apart from the chance to do /nod to somebody with a red name tag, and a similar looking RP set. Stick two people in a room, using Real ID and away you go, but seeing as how you're obviously wanting this to be on a larger scale you have to think realisticly about if there would be any point, nor use, to this aside from the afore mentioned /bow'ing at somebody with a red name.

People have tried this "both faction" Argent guilds since vanilla and non have ever worked for more than the space of a couple of weeks. Come up with a decent system in how this would actually benefit the guild(s) as a whole instead of causing you to spread yourselves thin planning stuff for both guilds, causing massive OOC confusion during events and we'll see how it goes. The Horde version will need to be able to stand on its own, with enough effort and dedication behind it to be seen as a proper - Treat it simply as the tacked on 'cousin' of its Alliance counter-part and that ship will very likely sink fast.

My concern for this would be seeing if there is a big enough audience to sustain it. Generally, every person who plays Horde bar Tauren or the odd 'Paladin' Blood Elf are massive, warmongering "4 teh h0rde" tossers IC, and I can forsee alot of those who join merely being Alliance alts who jumped ship for the novelty (yes I used that word alot).

Mind you at the current rate, you might as well make it a Blood Elf guild since it's liable to be the only race you'll get in it.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:I fail to see how this would be 'epic' apart from the chance to do /nod to somebody with a red name tag, and a similar looking RP set. Stick two people in a room, using Real ID and away you go, but seeing as how you're obviously wanting this to be on a larger scale you have to think realisticly about if there would be any point, nor use, to this aside from the afore mentioned /bow'ing at somebody with a red name.

People have tried this "both faction" Argent guilds since vanilla and non have ever worked for more than the space of a couple of weeks. Come up with a decent system in how this would actually benefit the guild(s) as a whole instead of causing you to spread yourselves thin planning stuff for both guilds, causing massive OOC confusion during events and we'll see how it goes. The Horde version will need to be able to stand on its own, with enough effort and dedication behind it to be seen as a proper - Treat it simply as the tacked on 'cousin' of its Alliance counter-part and that ship will very likely sink fast.

My concern for this would be seeing if there is a big enough audience to sustain it. Generally, every person who plays Horde bar Tauren or the odd 'Paladin' Blood Elf are massive, warmongering "4 teh h0rde" tossers IC, and I can forsee alot of those who join merely being Alliance alts who jumped ship for the novelty (yes I used that word alot).

Mind you at the current rate, you might as well make it a Blood Elf guild since it's liable to be the only race you'll get in it.

You might get a couple of undead on board, maybe the odd orc or two. Can't really see trolls joining up, though.

But yeah you make a good point overall. Cross-faction events tend to work when it's just the two leaders using realID and acting as spokepeople for their side for the most part. With ten or so people each side trying to make points and so on you'd need to come up with a great system to work it. Maybe play in windowed mode and have an IRC channel up or something, I dunno.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:49 am

Graham, I love how you always post on my topics. I apreciate the constructive criticism, but the non-constructive criticism part you can keep it to yourself Smile

Now to other things. Yes I see what you mean when you say that it would be lame to just RP using /bow or /hello. Obviously wow is far from close to make proper cross-faction RP easier. Yes.

But, they just gave us a tool we can work with just -perfectly- if you ask me. RealID conversations. I remember that 2 weeks ago, I had this cross faction conversation with 6 horde guys at the same time. How? Easy. I only needed to contact one of the horde guys to get his real ID, and then I invited the others on my faction (and so did the Horde member with his partners) that were interested in joining the conversation (yes, you can do that without having to gather all the RealIDs from all the participants)

I do not expect to have have people get all the sudden interested in it, I am only "testing the market" throwing arround a topic to see if people would be interested or not, and that if someone is interested in it, he/she pokes me to help out. I know for sure, as you do, that the people that have tried this stuff before, didn't have RealID stuff we have today. That opens a hell lot of possibilities in cross faction RP, and this is one of them.

Well I find this idea quite amusing for the Horde if you ask me, it opens a new world to RP characters to all the Horde players, why? Because all the Horde players, as the Horde itself is, is a war-machine that almost only thinks in war war war and kill those Alliance woosies! (I am not generalizing, if someone feels bethered with this idea, sorry, it is what I think about the Horde) Having this guild in the Horde, opens a totally new point of view to a Horde character. Righteous Horde RP characters, that focus on what is right and what not, that follow the Argent stereotype as we try to do on the guild I am leading in the Alliance at the moment.

Obviously the Horde version will have to stand on its own, of course. I am not saying the opposite. They will have to be a guild itself, in the Horde, with their members and their events before we can even think about making stuff together.

So now, please, next time you say anything, -please- be constructive in everything you say, and save us the time to read your non-constructive stuff Smile
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:59 am

Eloresh wrote:Graham, I love how you always post on my topics. I apreciate the constructive criticism, but the non-constructive criticism part you can keep it to yourself Smile

I fail to see how it wasn't constructive, I simply refrain from pampering my posts in a slurry of smiley faces and patronisation because; "Oh well, you know.. it's awfully bullshit Smile but you know.. it's still a good effort Bob Very Happy even if it would never work Laughing but good luck Very Happy " (Before the mobs swarm me, I wasn't calling the idea 'awfully bullshit' it was an example).

I've posted in two of your topics - Two. If you think I sit in a dark corner of my room, downing cans of pepsi and hitting refresh just to watch for your topics appearing then.. well.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:03 am

I fail to see how it wasn't constructive, I simply refrain from pampering my posts in a slurry of smiley faces and patronisation because; "Oh well, you know.. it's awfully bullshit Smile but you know.. it's still a good effort Bob Very Happy even if it would never work Laughing but good luck Very Happy " (Before the mobs swarm me, I wasn't calling the idea 'awfully bullshit' it was an example).

I've posted in two of your topics - Two. If you think I sit in a dark corner of my room, downing cans of pepsi and hitting refresh just to watch for your topics appearing then.. well.

I thought you would take at least a bit more time from you dark corner of your room, downing cans of pepsi and hitting refresh just to watch my topics appearing, to answer to my post but... well.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:10 am

Eloresh wrote:
I thought you would take at least a bit more time from you dark corner of your room, downing cans of pepsi and hitting refresh just to watch my topics appearing, to answer to my post but... well.

No questions were asked of me and what I write is simply dismissed as 'unconstructive' because I don't throw showers of roses and praise how amazing the whole idea is.

Real ID works as a 1-1 basis perfectly fine, but during the middle of what is supposed to be a fairly action orientated event you run into a problem. You can prepare a script for the two leaders, and control one group of 'Alliance' and another of 'Horde' but other than that you may as well make a MSN/IRC chat and get people to play in windowed mode.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 am

Alright... Lets just forget it eh? I've never known you and I don't like to go against people I do not know. Thank you for your (to my opinion) constructive comments up there, they really were useful.

I don't want this post to become a -stick my finger in your eye- post between us two, because we could never end! I just want people to show and throw their interest in this post about what the title says.

Sorry again.

Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:21 am

Real ID works as a 1-1 basis perfectly fine, but during the middle of what is supposed to be a fairly action orientated event you run into a problem. You can prepare a script for the two leaders, and control one group of 'Alliance' and another of 'Horde' but other than that you may as well make a MSN/IRC chat and get people to play in windowed mode.

Yeah, but I really tell you again, I have tried the RealID conversations for more than 2 players, and they work perfectly. Imagine, ICly there are about four or five orcs that speak common, and those are the ones that talk to the Humans (just to put an example). Making comunication pretty easy.

Just like for example when in RL, two armies from different countries, allied, gather at the same place, and they only have a bunch of representatives/translators to get communicated with. They give away later to the rest what has been said and what not!
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 am

I doubt there'll be much interest on the horde side to make an argent guild, as I can't recall one ever being made (on the horde side).

Also, the argent dawn aren't going to be as relevant in Cataclysm comes.
An Earthen Ring guild would make much more sense, but good luck starting that up on the alliance side ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:58 am

Saali wrote:I doubt there'll be much interest on the horde side to make an argent guild, as I can't recall one ever being made (on the horde side).

An Earthen Ring guild would make much more sense, but good luck starting that up on the alliance side ^^

Argent Crusade = Alliance
Earthern Ring = Horde

Problem fixed, an Earthern ring guild would also help facilitate Tauren RP

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 am

Indeed, the Knight in Shining Armor just doesn't fit with many horde roleplayers, and Gruffy Wielder of Totems doesn't fit with many (any?) alliance rp'ers.
Having an alliance between an AD and an ER guild might be the way to move forward with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 am

Thalgun wrote:
Saali wrote:I doubt there'll be much interest on the horde side to make an argent guild, as I can't recall one ever being made (on the horde side).

Argent Crusade = Alliance
Earthern Ring = Horde

Problem fixed, an Earthern ring guild would also help facilitate Tauren RP

That would rock.

as for the argent Crusade, its easily possible if proper interest is there. HOWEVER, the Horde is rather drastically different to to the alliance... get in our way and we put you down without a second thought, which i believe from a perspective means "dont get in the hordes way".

otherwise, a sound idea.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Well Krogon seems to want more Tauren RP, Eloresh wants more cross faction RP, seems my previous point sounds solid.

An alliance between an Argent Dawn guild and an Earthern Ring guild would be better than trying to create an Argent guild on both factions.

So:

Alliance = Argent Dawn
Horde = Earthern Ring
The co-alition = Dawn of Earthern? Elements of Light?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Thalgun wrote:The co-alition = Dawn of Earthern? Elements of Light?

"Co-operation between the Argent Crusade and the Earthen Ring"?

Not everything needs a new, separate name Razz
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Argent Ring? Earthen Crusade?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:05 pm

My vote's for "Shamans -- no, paladins -- no, shamans -- of the earthen light-ring crusade".

And I'm not a tosser! Mad

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

The Silvery Doughnut *nods*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down