Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul weave (ooc discusion and workplace)

+11
Dréfurion
Rmuffn
Kristeas Sunbinder
Thelos
Ave/Sariella
Braiden
Zathoroz
Elrua
Tyriez
erwtenpeller
Kalitar
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Soul weave (ooc discusion and workplace) - Page 3 Empty Re: Soul weave (ooc discusion and workplace)

Post by Dréfurion Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:That only goes for vampiric runeblades. "Normal" runeblades don't have that issue.

Doesn't the adjective vampiric imply the absorption of lifeforce...?

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Soul weave (ooc discusion and workplace) - Page 3 Empty Re: Soul weave (ooc discusion and workplace)

Post by Lexgrad Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:That only goes for vampiric runeblades. "Normal" runeblades don't have that issue.

True, but normal Runeblades require a Mage to operate. Most DKs are not magi so they are equiped with soulblades as otherwise they have no magic.

Magi have used runeblades for years tho. But im not really talking about that, all my writing is about DKs.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Ok we already Talked about the Fel to necrotic magic and decided its Now ouly Necrotic and im gonna have to mull over the replys abit now only just finished nax so need a rethink and place mysefl back in the mind phase

Kalitar

Character sheet
Name: Thundriel Shadowborne (Shadowrend)
Title: Soul reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Lexgrad wrote:

True, but normal Runeblades require a Mage to operate. Most DKs are not magi so they are equiped with soulblades as otherwise they have no magic.

Magi have used runeblades for years tho. But im not really talking about that, all my writing is about DKs.

I don't think you need to be a Mage to operate it, since there is a Night Elven Runeblade.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Ok acourding the the talk on Runeblades of normal knights im recuring the the term of in the book i said you make the blade able to do what it dose not work like a normal DKs blade thats why i have referd it to a Soul blade not a Runeblade. if we need to go into depth with this ill gladly work on the lore behind the blade for the night Very Happy

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

I don't think you need to be a Mage to operate it, since there is a Night Elven Runeblade.

It depends on blade i think. I think some Runeblades and enchanted blades are designed to draw energy from the surroundings, empowering themselves.

Also aren't Vampiric Runeblades called Soulblades? Why? Well...because they consume souls? Nom nom nom

Drustai wrote:What, exactly, separates a vampiric runeblade from a non-vampiric one? Well, a good indication is from the very first runeblade you get. It’s called a Runed Soulblade.

Soulblade is my personal preferred term for vampiric runeblades, to set them apart from ‘regular’ runeblades, as it very clearly spells out the difference. A runeblade is a runed weapon. A soulblade is a weapon that feeds on souls, or life energy. Which is what vampiric runeblades do.

The Ebon Road, a guide to RPing a Death Knight

There are multiple ways of looking this yes, but even the ingame item is named "Soulblade"

Last edited by Skarain on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Ok while the blades we are all on about now the Made sword we use as soul weavers it also alows the use of the soul not just harvest

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:20 pm

So...manipulating the souls as whole instead of using them to power runes?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:28 pm

As skarain says. Gotta fuel it from somewere, either from the casters mana, or the souls of a DKs Soulblade or other ways (I do not know of sucking from the enviroment, sounds like it might work. Will be a nicer way of making a simmler weapon a DK has.)

A soul is raw material, my view on soul weave has been it is like hitting someone with iron ore rather than shaping and crafting it into a blade. Souls are a rich and powerful source of mana but without more to it I cant see guys being able to control that much power or doing anything subtle with it.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

It might not be magical, rather than just a fine blade. 2 Runes are only going to give you a really small pool of spells if it is tho it could be powered by moonlight or the faith the Elf has in it, like a divine weapon.

"small yellow-green stone"... This makes me think of Fel.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:18 pm

yes Manipulating the souls into the attack or heal or what ever you use it for.
The matter Lex has picked up (Which im really thankful for btw Lex Very Happy )) Is the soul itself Forms a Weave i have made a picture of what i should look like in its weave form which gives it shape. Ill post this soon

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 pm

the picture can be found here
http://www.court-of-souls.shivtr.com/
Look in media this is also the Guild site for them that wanna bring up stuff there Smile

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Ok .. check this idea out..
Refering to Braiden on the weekness of the weapon.. Most DK rp blades.. have gems on them lets say.. this is where the weave is used from the stored souls in this said gem. Destroying the gem renders the weave useless

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Right .. I just herd something in game.. If its true please tell me.. now.. if its true. Am i right to say my whole rp is being transured away and that im Apparently dragging rp down?

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 pm

It could be that some people don't wish to participate in your story, sure. That does not mean you can't still play it out, just that those people will not partake in it.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrua Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:03 pm

People have stated that the guild may be transferred to an area where other people are not around. He got whispered in game to explain such, but I am not sure who by.
Elrua
Elrua

Character sheet
Name: Zryse
Title: Earthmender / Primal / Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Drefurion wrote:Get Drustai in this thread plix.

Your wish is my command.

Shadowrénd wrote:1. Ok first of all.. I call apon what Drustia has told me That Fel made necromancey so it dose work.

Fel-augmented necromancy works, which is what I said when you asked me before.

Not all necromancy is fel, however. Fel is a modifier that is applied to normal magic. By consuming demon blood, you can make a necromancy spell operate as a necromantic fel spell.

But all necromancy is not fel. Just like all arcane is not fel. You can add fel power to them, to make them fel magic, but that is what it is: an addition. Necromancy is not normally fel.

Now, I can't see the item itself, it's showing up as corrupted when I try to import the code. But I'm going to say some things based off what I've read in this discussion.

Soul magic is part of necromancy. More specifically, it is part of the manipulation of shadow energy. Manipulating souls is not something that would be 'unique' to your magic. Most necromancers already do so, unliving beings would not exist if it didn't as it requires rewriting their soul's 'code' to support their new state.

A soul is comprised of mana. That is soul energy. Consider a soul like a series of tubes, and mana as the energy that runs through those tubes. The tubes are the various Simple Rune patterns that define what and who a person is. As mana pumps through those tubes, it empowers and fuels them, providing them structure and stability. When mages cast magic, they drain this mana, which weakens their souls and thus can knock them into a coma or worse if done too much.

Necromancers, shadow users, and some life users, all of these manipulate the soul to some degree. Necromancers do it the most, as the connection of body and soul is a major issue if one is studying the forces that govern life and death. Drustai does quite a lot of soul manipulation, herself.

Basically, I'd stop calling it your own 'unique' art. Don't say you discovered or invented it or something, because that really doesn't work as it's already seen in use by others in lore. Instead, simply specialize in it. In other words, while all necromancers manipulate the soul, not all focus so entirely on the soul to the exclusion of all else. Therefore, as a soulweaver, you're a necromancer that specializes in soul magic.

On the matter of seeming more alive. It is established by WarCraft canon that restoring an unliving being to life requires a miracle, something that is more or less an act of God. Their souls, more than just their bodies, have been corrupted by necrotic energy, their patterns have been rewritten, that even very skilled users of soul magic are incapable of reversing. I call this the 'jpeg effect'. Any artist that has worked with jpegs know that the first time you save a jpeg, it loses quality. The second, it loses more quality. The third, even more. And so on. A soul is a similar way. Every time it is altered in such a way, it never 'saves right'. Thus, restoring the original 'living' quality of the soul is not possible. The patterns are too complex to remake with the precision necessary for actual life.

Once a soul has been corrupted like this, it cannot properly bind to a body. As binding a soul to a living body is required to make someone living, this makes resurrections impossible. Even if you completely cure the body, heal all of its wounds and remove all the necrotic energy, the soul cannot bind to it. Without being bound, the body will still believe it is 'dead', and thus start to decay.

Draining soul energy cannot undo this. Pumping more energy through the soul's 'veins' does not change the fact that the soul's code has been forever altered. Likewise, you can temporarily restore life to the body, but it will continue to decay, as it does not have a soul. It will continue to be unliving.

Banshees and other forms of possession get around this because they merely push aside the original soul, they don't actually sever it. Thus, the body believes it is still alive because it is still bound to the original soul, but the possessing soul is 'at the front', making all the decisions, while the original soul is stuck in a corner, unable to act.That is the only case we have of 'living' undead.

Now, making yourself seem more living is possible. It is just never a true solution. The first and easiest method is illusion magic. That's what Drustai does, it simply fools the senses into believing that you are living when you are not.

The second would be constant infusion of life energy... basically, a constant state of healing the damage done to it by the rigors of shadow. However, this is not true living. The body is still dead. It is still decaying. All you are doing is counteracting the decay. You are forcing the heart to pump blood, forcing the digestive system to keep operating, and so on, when they all want to cease and die. However, the issues with emotions and physical feeling will remain. You will only feel dulled sensations, and you will have limited positive feelings. These things are based on the connection to the soul, and the distant connection the unliving have prevents these things from transferring 'properly'. Therefore, things like arousal would not be possible, you will continue to be mostly incapable of tasting food, you will be able to ignore most moderate pain, and so on. The pleasures of life will still be lost to you, even if to others you look and feel living.

The kind of energy required for that is immense. It has to be a constant infusion. What death knights do already helps with their state, but it is not nearly enough if you want to be at the peak of your 'half-life'. The most I've ever done on something like this, was having a druid or shaman infuse a stream of life energy into Dru, to make parts of her body 'alive', in order to allow for life-magic-accelerated natural healing. This was only possible for a few minutes before the caster was completely drained, and the infusion ceased. The parts immediately began to die as soon as the infusion stopped.

An unliving being that wants to do this on their own would be hardpressed. For a DK, you'd be having to hurt or kill at least once every few hours if not more. Almost every action you take would have to be towards this goal, towards the consuming of life energy. It is not something you can just do once a week or once a month and otherwise ignore. The infusion has to be almost constant. You cannot just 'wave your hand' and suddenly all is well. It is very hard to maintain this state.

One way of doing this, though, would be to have an unliving being that draws life energy from its surroundings everywhere it goes. As in, plants wither as it walks by, people and animals age rapidly when they are near them, etc. Such a thing would likely be killed on site in most living settlements, as they'd be walking life-drainers, walking patches of Blight. But it's theoretically possible.

Weaknesses exist in any use of shadow magic. Namely, it drains life. See what I just said above about draining life to be more living? Well, shadow magic relies on the same life energy. If you're struggling to maintain a living condition through the above methods, any use of shadow magic you do will have an adverse effect on that. Your reserves of life energy are already so stretched thin, that adding shadow magic into the mix will be unsustainable. You have to choose whether you want to be more living or able to use more spells. Any use of shadow magic while attempting the above will negatively impact you. It will drain that energy you are using for living, thus causing your body to decay faster again. It is counterproductive to do both at the same time.

Additionally, there's going to be a heavy addiction going into this. Death knights already have an addiction to hurting and killing others to fuel themselves. All unliving beings crave life energy from the living. Anyone who's draining life energy to such insane degrees is going to exaggerate that ten-fold. You'll basically be turning yourself into a life energy junkie. Almost all of your thoughts and actions would be focused around where to get your next fix. You wouldn't be doing any world conquering with this, because you'd be too concerned with feeding yourself.

Lastly, the Light will always be something to worry about. You're still an unliving being, no matter what efforts you take to be 'more living', and the Light will judge accordingly. Any unholy weapon you make would be likewise destroyable by the Light as it would by any forge. Drustai's own runeblade was incinerated by O'ros.

Like I said, I can't see the in-game item, I'm only going off of the points that were raised in this thread. Hopefully the above has provided some information to consider.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 am

Ok Drustai ill send you a TRP2 copy and a GHI copy. Last night i got really worked up over this so i will once more explain the Reason for this thread. I made it because i wanted people to help get it public not to Diside its not good rp and if its ture that my guild drags rp down well sorry but there is no way to change that now so can we please work on making the Soul weave something.

Ok what drustai has risin will be accounted for that the light if used enough of will destroy a sword but i wont yeld to the fact that the soul weave uses Life force, that im now alowing to be considered mana, rubs off over time to the knight like drustia said it will become adictive but the power behind it is also what im worried about in a Adicting way. Th sword acts also as a Advisor at times giving the wielder that voice in the back of his head, E.g Shadowrend at the start used Neurokyn that spoke to him and it also spoke to others. There is alittle more i have placed up lets try to get this thread rolling and please people i need your help i dont just want to end the rp not after two years of work on it

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 am

I think you would do good to make an orderly post about what exactly shadowrend / Soul Weave is. The GHI code doesn't work for me either, and I would honestly much rather read the whole thing on the forums. That also makes it a lot easier to talk about it.

Shadowrénd wrote:Life force, that im now alowing to be considered mana
Life force is not the same as mana.
However, any kind of spellcraft requires mana in some form or another.

All arcane magic use is addictive to some degree. always.

Shadowrénd wrote:Th sword acts also as a Advisor at times giving the wielder that voice in the back of his head, E.g Shadowrend at the start used Neurokyn that spoke to him and it also spoke to others.
I see nothing wrong with this. Soulblades whispering words of corruption is quite canon, the most famous example of course being frostmourne.

###

Shadowrend, please consider at least installing a spelling checker in your browser. I have to read most of the things you write at least twice to be able to understand them. Getting rid of the most basic spelling errors should help a little.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 am

ok ill look for a Spell checker for the fourms. know where i might find one?

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:17 am

I would suggest you just use the google chrome browser, it has one built-in.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:28 am

ok

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:45 am

Id like to just inform you all that the Court of Souls are going Solo for a while to sort out ic structure of the guild. Once the soul weave matter is resolved we might return.

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalitar Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Ok so lets get it all straight my guild is now in solitary rp while we talk soul weave over lets get to the talking again the thread got dead.

Kalitar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:02 pm

How is the thread dead...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next