Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

+34
Morgeth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lorainne/Bridlington
Morinth
Lavian
Gustov
Ron Sexton
Arathoran
Yarnaat
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Rmuffn
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Raelan
corleth
Geneviève
Thelos
Shaelyssa
Mandui
Grufftoof
Celistra
Jeanpierre
Eodan
Amaryl
Kettin
Timna
Sullee Swiftspeech
Quin
Ave/Sariella
Gesh
Lexgrad
Forsetí
Nessra Sunwhisper
itsy
Sharyssa/Adenah
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors - Page 4 Empty Re: Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:53 pm

If there has been plots and rp in where the trail goes to the manor, RHS or anything alike. Just simple logic and realism in how and why your char would be there, or perhaps past rp in which the char has forged connections to either RHS or the beforehand mentioned assasin stuff. That's not much to ask, as it's asked everywhere in general.
Showing up with nothing at all just because you know where the manor is OOC or something amongst those lines, or just utter randomness as "We wanna look around" as if the place is a themepark is what (speaking for myself now) I see as ... not a good reason.
Ninja-escapes such as OOC information on people to barge in and get you out, ignoring attacks or emotes from members trying to keep you in place, things like any other rp would see as "ninja" escape without making sense. (Which is what happened with a person before from a -known- rp guild)

It's all in essence trying to give a reminder that some rules still apply, and to be able to keep up with the stuff we've been working with at the manor as of late I made the post, simply to let people know what they walk in to. Or what they should/could/would expect from doing exactly that.
Yes phrasing might be off at times, things being pulled into proportions never intended, topics derailed and general bitching and flaming ensues.

Don't forget the RHS has been around for 2 years, nothing has really changed much from the beginning either, but there were no forums for discussions and things seemed fine, from what I gather. The moment information is made public here it's instantly seen as a form of invitation or something to start tearing it apart to some extend.

Also, what our characters do, or claim themselves to be is IC, if one sees him/herself as a lord, demi-god or ruler of all (be it simple insanity maybe) it's just the way of the character too.

Edit: Mind if I not go and search for a quote here now xD I am too damn lazy at the time being to be fair! xD
Also, if you don't want this sort of rp, or don't like it. It's not like we are attempting to force you into it either, it's your choise wether or not you show up ^^
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Edit: Mind if I not go and search for a quote here now xD I am too damn lazy at the time being to be fair! xD
Also, if you don't want this sort of rp, or don't like it. It's not like we are attempting to force you into it either, it's your choise wether or not you show up ^^

Yeah, anyone's choice if they show up or not, not your invitation to boss-mode them because they walked up to the manor and you guys going all MINEMINEMINE as Quinian kindly put it ._.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Eira wrote:

Yeah, anyone's choice if they show up or not, not your invitation to boss-mode them because they walked up to the manor and you guys going all MINEMINEMINE as Quinian kindly put it ._.

^ Bitch Please... This guy is right, And you know it!! cheers
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:51 pm

So if one of my ninja rogues were to wander in, you guys would assault her because YOU don't know her ICly and she's not in your guild? Even though they'd be associated with the npc faction.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 pm

As I claimed earlier:
We’re fine with people showing up, engaging in roleplay with us and so forth, but we just ask you keep the points in mind, and that you have a reason to show there. Of course, if do show up with an invalid reason, you will likely end up with the basement buddies Very Happy

This indicates that if you have valid reason that you state to us when asked, stopped or grabbed, you will not be as you claim "assaulted".
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Actually, people are failing at understanding the whole point. -Nowhere- it was stated you cannot come there, nor is it said -anywhere- we will assault because you're not in the guild even as assasin or whatnot, we roleplay to assault -everyone- sheer out of paranoia and protection of our own stuff. That's IC business, that's not OOC claiming. That's simply the way we -IC- handle things. So NO, if there's a good reason, association ot -anything- it's all FINE.

I also pressed the matter that -everyone- is free to come up there for rp, only to keep in -mind- under which circumstances it will most likely happen.

*throws hands up in frustration* people read one line and bash onto that instead of watching the complete context, I'm just not going to reply anymore.

Edit: I'd like to see someone take over the Blade's bar, or the Chapter Abbey, or the Sunfury HQ or the Sin Belore HQ, or ANY hub mostly used by ONE guild for that matter by the way. Look around on the server and tell me it has not been succesfully been done before to monopolize a single spot, why the hate anyway, not like anybody else is trying to make the place an rp spot is there?
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 pm

As I've seen it so far, people just get abused when they go. ;_; Which is why none of my rogues turn up there. Especially my horde ones.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Actually, people are failing at understanding the whole point. -Nowhere- it was stated you cannot come there, nor is it said -anywhere- we will assault because you're not in the guild even as assasin or whatnot, we roleplay to assault -everyone- sheer out of paranoia and protection of our own stuff. That's IC business, that's not OOC claiming. That's simply the way we -IC- handle things. So NO, if there's a good reason, association ot -anything- it's all FINE.

I also pressed the matter that -everyone- is free to come up there for rp, only to keep in -mind- under which circumstances it will most likely happen.

*throws hands up in frustration* people read one line and bash onto that instead of watching the complete context, I'm just not going to reply anymore.

Edit: I'd like to see someone take over the Blade's bar, or the Chapter Abbey, or the Sunfury HQ or the Sin Belore HQ, or ANY hub mostly used by ONE guild for that matter by the way. Look around on the server and tell me it has not been succesfully been done before to monopolize a single spot, why the hate anyway, not like anybody else is trying to make the place an rp spot is there?

Who says the Blade's bar is a good thing? My rogue was banned from there because the "manager" doesn't like him.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Well that is ic. It is hard to say that the server hasnt been served well by the pig and whistle.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Well that is ic. It is hard to say that the server hasnt been served well by the pig and whistle.

!= Blades for Hire
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm going to put what I mean very simply:

The RHS actively roleplay in the RM area. Anyone who arrives there should be ready to face the consequences should they face us with reasons we may find paranoid or suspicious to the safety of our group.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Timna wrote:I'm going to put what I mean very simply:

The RHS actively roleplay in the RM area. Anyone who arrives there should be ready to face the consequences should they face us with reasons we may find paranoid or suspicious to the safety of our group.

No, you do it to anyone even with valid reasons. So stop that statement. <_<
You claimed the place, you treat it as yours, not the Assassin's League's, you attack and chain -anyone- who enter, no matter the reasons, despite the location allowing certain individuals passage.

Edit: Ugh. I don't even want to take part in this discussion. But I see ^ that statement over and over, yet I know it isn't so from own experience.

Last edited by Faralan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:31 pm

I couldn't have worded it better myself, Timna.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote: out of paranoia and protection of our own stuff. That's simply the way we -IC- handle things.

That's how people are treated, -especially- those wanting to join the ranks. You're not going to let everyone wander freely amongst your "secret" (putting that in brackets -just in case-) organisation without showing them what happens if you're not walking in line.

May I add we have had forsaken, horde, and other rogues/assasins coming by for their own business or to speak business that have not been assaulted.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Edit: I'd like to see someone take over the Blade's bar, or the Chapter Abbey, or the Sunfury HQ or the Sin Belore HQ, or ANY hub mostly used by ONE guild for that matter by the way. Look around on the server and tell me it has not been succesfully been done before to monopolize a single spot, why the hate anyway, not like anybody else is trying to make the place an rp spot is there?
As I've hinted towards before, I believe it's the tone used and the manner with which you're trying to establish your RP location that has people go all apeshit. I can't remember any of the above guilds/RP groups ever making similar statements this way. I also believe that had they done so, they'd have gotten the same treatment. People just don't react well to that sort of an attitude :/

That said, there is also the ownership issue, which I'm very well aware shouldn't be discussed here but keeps popping up regardless, because people are irritated with that as well. And I'm not referring solemnly to the Manor. The RHS seems to have claimed way too many spots for its own use, whereas most other guilds/RP concepts use one at a time (included the ones mentioned above). That's obviously something else rattling people's cages and makes it easier for things to escalate, especially when combined with the aforementioned attitude.

So you should take care of these things if you really want the debate to be constructive and things to settle down again. Just my 2c from an objective point of view and without being directly involved with any of the parties.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:15 pm

I believe the Sin Belore HQ, wich is (by some of us) also claimed to be a public library, is used on occasion to host parties.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:31 pm

I think Gruff nailed it when he said that there's a difference between using something and claiming ownership. The latter opens up for a new array of problems, whilst the first suggest flexibility. If you state (which you have) that this is considered a base of operations for you, even though you don't own the place, I think most people could respect that. We have to assume that we're dealing with half-rational people here (even if they are RP'ers).

I don't think magical barriers will help a lot. It's not practical and I don't think it'd make a lot of sense to RP'ers going there either. Let your characters use their eyes and ears instead, and instead of directly opposing the rights of someone being there, perhaps a more subtle approach.

The more you RP there, the more it becomes "yours" but that doesn't remove other people's rights to go there. I think it's easier to see reason to remove people from meetings and such, or IC rooms where you're chatting if it's all private, but not from entire buildings that are - lorewise - meant to be open for more indiviuals.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Faralan wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:Well that is ic. It is hard to say that the server hasnt been served well by the pig and whistle.

!= Blades for Hire

Before we set up in there it was deserted, just very occasionally used (mostly by occasional guard afaik). We consulted community before-hand and even now would not rule out or necessarily be against sharing it with another guild that wanted to.

One of your (Faralan) characters was icly chucked out for causing a ruckus; as have many other people's. IC = IC, in real life if you went into a bar to cause a scene you'd be turfed out by the bouncers, same logic applies.

However; all of this is a tangent and derailment from the actual topic...if you want to talk about the Pig and Whistle and people actually have problems with it I'll make a separate thread to do so.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:42 pm

I once got chucked out of a place 'cause the person running it had OOC issues. This angers me. Sad It's why I'm weary of people laying claim to areas.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 am

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:If there has been plots and rp in where the trail goes to the manor, RHS or anything alike. Just simple logic and realism in how and why your char would be there, or perhaps past rp in which the char has forged connections to either RHS or the beforehand mentioned assasin stuff. That's not much to ask, as it's asked everywhere in general.
Showing up with nothing at all just because you know where the manor is OOC or something amongst those lines, or just utter randomness as "We wanna look around" as if the place is a themepark is what (speaking for myself now) I see as ... not a good reason.
Ninja-escapes such as OOC information on people to barge in and get you out, ignoring attacks or emotes from members trying to keep you in place, things like any other rp would see as "ninja" escape without making sense. (Which is what happened with a person before from a -known- rp guild)

It's all in essence trying to give a reminder that some rules still apply, and to be able to keep up with the stuff we've been working with at the manor as of late I made the post, simply to let people know what they walk in to. Or what they should/could/would expect from doing exactly that.
Yes phrasing might be off at times, things being pulled into proportions never intended, topics derailed and general bitching and flaming ensues.

First, thanks for some explanation to what you find "reasonable". The problem is, different people hold different standards on what they consider reasonable.

And I have some question marks into what you find "Ninja-escapes". people rescuing people "Due to OOC information" what do you mean with that? its soooo broad, that it still doesn't make sense. How can you differentiate between a person that ICly told his friends he was going to the RM and they wonder where he is when he doesn't come back and go in to get him out. and "/g hey guys i'm trapped in RM by RHS, and they're not Guarding my cell when i'm online, Get me Oooooout!" I'd consider the first a good reason, and the second "Meh, but understandable" but from your point of view, you have absolutely No option to differentiate between the two.

regarding Emote-fights, yes its annoying when people "ignore" attacks, but again that also depends on the situation. if its 3vs1 Emotes will be ignored, there's no stopping that, and getting annoyed because of such a matter in my opinion is silly. I'm clouded by a personal aversion to emote-fighting with people I don't know very well granted, but imo, its easier to let people escape when they don't want to be captured then to get annoyed.

However would you consider:

- "blasting a hole in a wall with a pyroblast and escaping through it (while possible laughing maniacally like Snidely Whiplash)" as a Ninja escape?

- "Calling for your gryphon, jumping and taking his Paw as he flies you off into the sunset" as a Ninja Escape?

- "Summoning an infernal to protect your retreat" as a Ninja Escape?

- "Mind controlling the NPC guards to free you from shackles" as a Ninja escape?

- "Using an Invisibility potion" as a Ninja Escape?

- "Bubble HS" as a Ninja escape?

- "dodging the RHS member attack, slipping past him and Running really really fast" as a Ninja escape?

- "Claim protection from the Assassins league and Turn it into stale-mate between RHS and the Non-ignorable NPC-guards" as a Ninja escape?

- "Being Summoned out of RM by a friendly Lock halfway across the world" as a Ninja escape?

Now I find it personally acceptable to RP Paranoid people that attack first, and ask questions later. I see nothing wrong with that. But, keep in mind that RP eventually is something that has to generate fun for both parties, and such acts will be reciprocated in the future.

I certainly don't mind that you're lazy, Light knows i'm lazier then most people I know. But. I do mind the statement you made that people were accusing you (your guild) of Bad RP in this thread while it isn't True. from what i'm reading people have been critical of your OP, the way you Police your Home-base. and some have done it rudely, but I haven't found anyone that says that you're bad RPers. Only that your OOC attitude is less then desirable. and some have done that Rudely as well. So yes, I do mind, pretending to be victimised by something that's not true. Smile

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:55 am

But but... Blizzard nerfed that. Sad
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Eira wrote:

But but... Blizzard nerfed that. Sad
Not likely.
There is always Random Teleport.
The last Relic of Argus saved the life of a Paladin every 12 hours.
Solid proof!
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Good luck capturing and holding delidah. *tee-hee*
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Now why would you delete my post? That's childish, isn't it?
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Remai D'Waltir Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Balls to it I'll throw my opinion in after reading the thread.

The RHS aren't doing any harm in being there or even "Claiming" the manor as their own.

I've seen them shackle a few people up because they've came snooping around as I'm sure most assassins would.
I think they should be given some leeway on the whole "Ownership" side of things as many other guilds have. I could list at least ten.
They don't kill peoples characters off, nor injure or maim from what I've seen when given their IC position they could quite easily have done.

They're responsible with it IC and out.

Faralan wrote:
Who says the Blade's bar is a good thing? My rogue was banned from there because the "manager" doesn't like him.
Life's harsh man.
Remai D'Waltir
Remai D'Waltir

Character sheet
Name: Remai D'Waltir
Title: Knight Champion of House Beaumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next