Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

+34
Morgeth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lorainne/Bridlington
Morinth
Lavian
Gustov
Ron Sexton
Arathoran
Yarnaat
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Rmuffn
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Raelan
corleth
Geneviève
Thelos
Shaelyssa
Mandui
Grufftoof
Celistra
Jeanpierre
Eodan
Amaryl
Kettin
Timna
Sullee Swiftspeech
Quin
Ave/Sariella
Gesh
Lexgrad
Forsetí
Nessra Sunwhisper
itsy
Sharyssa/Adenah
38 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors Empty Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:29 am

As of late we have been seeing a lot of random visitors at the manor with impossible excuses for their entry.
So I am making this post to make a few things clear for those who have IC reason or desire to come up to us in Hillsbrad in the future.

1. The location of the Manor is first and foremost secret, and held as such unless there is a valid, and hopefully -very- good reason to know about it.

2. The entrance cave is -guarded- it may just be NPC's but act accordingly and atleast have the decency to emote in the general chat the guards are alerted. They shall capture you on sight unless wearing our tabard.

3. Any links to the guildtag of spotted people IC in SW without our uniform or tabard is invalid. It is not known who we are when we walk there nor is it known that the Blue Recluse if officially owned by Ravenholdt Sanctuary.

4. After all these things, if you miraculously manage to get upon our grounds; The door at the entrance of the Manor has a magicall ward, alarming every single member with a trinket that someone has trespassed. Have the common sense to let us know, if you have a valid reason of course. The same ward goes for the entrance at the balcony.

5. Also keep in mind ,if you are that desperate and curious about us, that if we get our hands on you due to trespassing or getting close, that we will not shy back to harm your character. Sudden ninja escapes because you are unwilling to accept the results of your acts are not welcomed.

This topic is made to create a bigger general awareness of those roleplaying in the community and keep the constant problems we have been getting at bay in which we have to repeatedly explain ourselves to others who don't seem to grasp the gravity of security around the manor and to keep ourselves hidden away.

Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors Empty Re: Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

Post by itsy Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 am

I'm sorry but this is just dumb, you guys aren't actually the Ravenholdt and you can't really claim to be the sole owners of a building owned by an npc organisation which should be open to most talented thieves and assassins. You might as well make a Kirin Tor guild and claim you have absolute authority over Dalaran or something equally stupid.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 am

The guards in the command centre, the Blades and their bar, The eyes and the Lamb .. do I need to call out more people trying to create rp in several places?

Just using these as examples and not putting them down in any way.

Also keep in mind Dalaran is an entire bloody city and not just one patch of land with a single house and thus the comparing you're giving makes no utter sense either.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:51 am

should be open to most talented thieves and assassins
This.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 am

We never claimed that others can -not- rp there with us, but a valid reason and/or excuse will be needed or created so you do not end up in shackles within our basement. We have allies, we have connections that obviously are able to come down there etc.

If those mentioned thieves and assasins are about then things can be worked out.
This post is NOT a claim of "LOLNO nobody comes to the manor ever" it's a post to make people aware of what is going on at and around the manor aswell as the things they have to keep in mind when wishing to approach.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:59 am

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:The guards in the command centre, the Blades and their bar, The eyes and the Lamb .. do I need to call out more people trying to create rp in several places?

The difference is none of those people are trying to completely replace/undermine an NPC faction that already exists in game.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsetí Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 am

Unlike the Council?
They RP as having effective control of Stormwind and its policies.
I fail to see the disticntion here.
Forsetí
Forsetí

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:06 am

Where did I mention I approved of the council? What relevance does this have to the topic at hand?
itsy
itsy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:08 am

Basicly, there are guard guilds, the counsil and several other things as previously the Argent crusade aswell.
What you are basing yourself on would erase half of the servers rp or things that have been done to create rp, if we'd -not- use what is given there remains little to be done further to encourage further roleplay and things occuring on the server.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:29 am

Well when I made the Shroud i did so so I would not be in a position of great authority in the ebon Hold. We use the Acherus and the land under it for our rp and as our home but we do not own it, Mograine does. If non shroud rpers want to use the acherus or the "Ebon Enclave" they are most welcome and can concider us as co users. As such it would be possable other rogues may be out of your guild but apart of the faction and would know of it, just as non Shroud DKs would use the Acherus.

In the sense of the post there is alot of it which can be concidered good rping in other cases, not metaing, going places with reason. All I shall say to RHS is dudes, can you try to be less confrontational in your posts. There are ways to make your point without being so in your face.

And the council are nothing to do with this, nor do they really control anything. We are useful to those who like political RP and some guilds it is useful to have a state figure to turn to. If you wish to join the council anyone may provided they are happy to RP and arrange some events for all guilds.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsetí Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 am

I was just using the council as an example.
I'm not saying that no one can RP at the manor. We welcome it. We'd be mad to turn away RP. No one is in that sort of position.
All we're wanting is a little bit more consideration.
Each guild works in different ways and has different rules and IC customs.
RHS is just very defensive of the manor because that's where Ravenholdt is based.

I'm sorry if it seems like we are being all in your face. That is not our intention. It's just that we always have to justify ourselves. RHS has been around since May last year and we're still dealing with stuff like this. People showing up unexpected and the like.
Forsetí
Forsetí

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 am

Seems like a sensible enough reminder. But.. hold up? Why do you own The Blue Recluse...? Seems a little out of the blue, badum-tsh. The Mage Tower would like a word.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 am

If the PR on here was slightly nicer then maybe people would be more open to discussions Smile Believe me i have had loads of crap on my guild ust for being DKs and at times i have vented, (mostly to a long suffering dru <3) But all I can do is keep calm and carry on. I dont want to be in the position that we are hated ooc, just ic Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 am

Let's not drag the ownership of the Blue Recluse into this topic now please, and stick to the mentioned points above, there is a different discussion already closed due to the ownership debate. Smile

Edit to Lex: It was only meant as a straight forward no-nonsense reminder on what people need to be aware off when wishing to approach us at the manor, nothing more and nothing less. There's no need to wrap it all in nice long explanations for me. I'm stepping out of this for tonight too and make more constructive replies tomorrow
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 am

cool me two, Skyrim time Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:16 am

I'd like to mention that the guild RHS hardly even fits there in the manor at all, sure there's npc guards but those aren't -your- guards.. Nor do i think the actual leader of the npc faction ravenholdt would allow you people to set a magical alarm upon the door which alerts -your- members.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:10 am

And since when is it forbidden to bend small things for rp? It's been done all over the place with several matters over the span of the last few years. Rp'ing Trollbanes for example to create a guild in Arathor with a good amount of lore behind it which has been standing for several years now, or on the matter of the Sunfury on horde the place being rebuilt and claimed by roleplayers while lorewise the faction should have perished.
All the comments made against RHS are now seemingly made by mostly those who were involved in the matter of ownership of the Blue Recluse and from there on kick down upon everything of the guild and it's business.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 am

I dont think you can force an area like that onto people. If random rpers comes around and makes sense IC wise. (I dont even know if you do as a guild) I dont think you can bitch though I agree that NPCS should not be ignored

The door at the entrance of the Manor has a magicall ward, alarming every single member with a trinket that someone has trespassed. Have the common sense to let us know, if you have a valid reason of course. The same ward goes for the entrance at the balcony.

I dont think this can be forced upon people either. I seriously wonder if there are even THAT many rpers going to the ravenholdt placemountainthing that you have to come on these forums going MINEMINEMINE MY MACHINES. THESE ARE MY MACHINES.

tldr: losen the fuck up
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 am

As already said, yet seemingly ignored, if it makes sense we -of course- go with it and welcome it. All we ask / put forward, was the things we'd like people to take into consideration. See it as information an how to percieve the manor's state currently IC would you come up to roleplay.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors Backfire
Backfire topic.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:36 am

We don't want to sound hostile. We never meant to, we're just putting things out there so that people know, seeing as we've had visitors that do not know.
Apologies if this sounds hostile.

No matter. We're fine with people showing up, with people seeking roleplay and whatnot, we only ask that we're informed first if you want to use the area for say other purposes, or if you seek roleplay with us.

That way it makes it easier for us to roleplay ourselves. I'm sure all of you here have had this issue of "having a place for your guild" or the likes, or atleast encountered it with others ("You can't be here!").

Edit: And what is roleplay if not adding onto the community? Smile

TL;DR If you want roleplay with us, have the decency to tell us.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 am

I for one like having RHS there. It adds life and rp. I find no problem them using it. Its spreading RP to different locations. and as stated some times server rp is slightly different. All they have done with this post is trying and to enlighten a few people as of random people stumbling into the area which I think is fair. I like it since my forsaken has been able to make some nice deals here. <3 timna get less cutie AVI! D=
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 am

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:
1. The location of the Manor is first and foremost secret, and held as such unless there is a valid, and hopefully -very- good reason to know about it.
Define -Very-. its been 6 years of RP, on this server, i'm pretty sure plenty of people know about the ravenholdt manner ICly. Especially considering you can see it from flight paths.

2. The entrance cave is -guarded- it may just be NPC's but act accordingly
Seems fair.

3. Any links to the guildtag of spotted people IC in SW without our uniform or tabard is invalid. It is not known who we are when we walk there nor is it known that the Blue Recluse if officially owned by Ravenholdt Sanctuary.
Are you Saying people Shouldn't Metagame. or are you saying people Should on -No- Occasion be able to recognise members of the Sanctuary when out of uniform/tabard? If its the first I wonder why you're bringing it up. if its the second, that depends entirely on your disguises.

4. After all these things, if you miraculously manage to get upon our grounds; The door at the entrance of the Manor has a magicall ward, alarming every single member with a trinket that someone has trespassed. Have the common sense to let us know, if you have a valid reason of course. The same ward goes for the entrance at the balcony.
You can't enforce this, which will only lead to "no U!" silly conversations. So why bother? Additionally, does this mean if every RHS Member is in SW, they will suddenly pop up at The manor if Alerted?

5. Also keep in mind ,if you are that desperate and curious about us, that if we get our hands on you due to trespassing or getting close, that we will not shy back to harm your character. Sudden ninja escapes because you are unwilling to accept the results of your acts are not welcomed.

I agree with this sentiment, but what constitutes a "Ninja Escape"?

This topic is made to create a bigger general awareness of those roleplaying in the community and keep the constant problems we have been getting at bay in which we have to repeatedly explain ourselves to others who don't seem to grasp the gravity of security around the manor and to keep ourselves hidden away.

Regardless of this Thread you will still have to repeatedly explain yourselves. Get used to that, and do it in a friendly manner or people won't respond. since if you don't do it in a friendly manner, people will scoff at your "ownership" since you can't "own" anything in wow, besides your gear. Welcome to the problems every person has when trying to "claim" something.

Good luck with this!

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am

I believe Amaryl summed that up nicely.

There is no need to discuss this thread. The points were made to grant people a bit more awareness of how things are. Like in every community, you'll have those biased that will go against it and those who will roll with it and enrich RP.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 am

...I still don't get why a bunch of rogues get to own a Mage quarter tavern.. Neutral.

But y'know, I suppose it's the in thing to do at the moment, claiming taverns for the sake of it.

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next