Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor

4 posters

Go down

Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor Empty Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:16 am

Doctor Gahalla,

In the common room, in the racks before the fireplace you should find a rack with experimental antidotes. They are partial solutions, designed to study the effect of certain ingredients. Each vial is labeled appropriately. Their description can be found below. I would recommend to try them on patients. Their dosage should be within safety limits... though the reaction with the disease is unknown. I shall leave the administration of these cures to your care while I venture south to obtain more goldthorn. I should return before nightfall.

Sir Jean-Piere d'Armagnac.

Antidotes.

Blue Label, white crystals: Iced Lotus.
Extract of Frost Lotus, distillation drops crystallized through vaporized Icecap.

Expected effects:
Reduction of fever. Reduction of burning sensation in the stomach. Reduction of the gass formation in bile and vomid.

Possible side effects:
Hypothermia. Unstable vocal cords. Constipation.

Blue Label, blue liquid: Liquid ice.
Extract of icecap, boiled and distilled, mingled with Lotus elixir. Stirred for one hour with a glass spoon. Three turns clockwise, one counterclockwise at breathing speed.

Expected effects:
Strong reduction of fever. Reduction of flatulence. Solidifcation of boils and oozes.

Possible side effects:
Hypothermia. Cramps. Dazed mind.

Yellow Label, yellow crystals: Sun's Glory.
Riped dreaming glory rested in sungrass liquid. Settled for six hours.

Expected effects:
Clearing of airways. Uplifted spirit.

Possible side effects:
Hyperthermia. Heated temper. Loss of apetite.

Yellow Label, green liquid: Ancient Steel
Lichen powdered and dissolved in Steelbloom elixir, stirred with a three quarter turn counterclockwise in a type 3 erlenmayer over mild fire.

Expected effects:
Reduction of boils and strengthening of the skin. Oozes still errupting might prove less mobile, and solidify when in touch with air. Sharpening of the patient's mind.

Possible side effects:
Shivering hands. Patients might become more talkative than sensible. Soar muscles, mostly the back. Dark feces.

Yellow Label, brown leaves: Early Grey
Adder's Tongue rested in Goldthorn extracts, dried in ancient lichten vapours. To be served as tea after breakfast.

Expected effects:
Uplifted spirit, regaining strength, clearer breathing.

Possible side effects:
Mild change of hair color at the hair roots. This might last up to a month if the dose was too strong.

Green Label, brown liquid: Spiked bird eyes.
Stamped bird eyes, snake teeth powder. Exposed to air for three breaths.
Mingled with potato alcohol, stirred with one turn every hour.

Expected effects:
Uplifted spirit, possibly beyond reason. Improved skin color. Reduced gasses in vomid, reduced ooze production.

Possible side effects:
Blurred vision, disturbed equilibrium. Excessive urinating.

Black label: Jolly Walkers
Drained Khadgar's whiskers, burnt black and powdered with Arthas Tear extract. Stirred in a type 2 vial.

Expected effects:
Regained mobility, strengthening of the muscles.

Possible side effects:
Hyperactivity. Moodswings. Agression, perhaps.

White label, powder: Jaus
To be dissolved in water.
Silverleaf burnt and stomped with powdered snaketeeth.

Expected effects:
Increased apetite. Reduced thirst. Reduction of halucinations. Limbs should regain a healthy color.

Possbile side effects:
Agression, excessible bile formation, hunger. Increased bleeding, thinning of blood.

White label, green paste: Flamaseen
Paste of treated sungrass and distilled Khadgar's whiskers. Heated over fire and cooled in a water basin.
To be applied on boils.

Expected effects:
Reduction of boils, strengthened skin.

Possible side effects:
Excessive hair growth, if applied on non infected skin.

White label, transparent liquid: Placedo Homeopatico
Thinned mixture of Frost Lotus, Arthas Tear's, Sugrass, Snakeblood in a 2/3/5/1 ratio. Stirred then times, counterclockwise.

Expected effects:
General improvement of all symptoms.

Possible side effects:
Lack of effect.

Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor Empty Re: Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Flagging this as I'm wondering whether or not there is a cure yet. Some people say there is, but when I've asked JP he doesn't know.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor Empty Re: Note to Gahalla, on the table of the commonroom, Eastvale Manor

Post by Gahalla Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 pm

I haven't been able to come online since this was posted really, so I don't know for sure if it exists yet. But it is supposed to be developed soon if it haven't been already. I do have some ooc guidelines for what is needed for it however.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 pm

We're close to one now. but its not yet ready.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Alright, cheers Amaryl. Do keep us updated, I'm not sure about others, but I'd like to know for sure when one is ready.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Pierre eyed the draining tube curiously, controlling his breathing in anticipation. Slowly a thick fluid crawled out, shining brightly blue, and amassed in a bigger drop at the tube's diagonally cut tip.
Mesmerized by the strange light of the liquid, Pierre uncorked a seemingly empty flask with dreamy eyes. The seemingly transparent air in the flask began to transform to a cloudy state and thin whisps of some started to flow out of the flask. Pierre held it under the tube's tip. A drop of the blue liquid released itself and seered down with an unexpected speed untill it hit the smoke of the flask. Like tentacles, the smoke gripped the drop and pulled it in. A bright flash of yellow fire emerged from the drop and it hit the bottom of the flask in a solid shape. The smoke in the vial stirred again, waving its wisps of smoke around like the vial were licking its fingers. Another drop began to form. Pierre attached the vial to the alchemical construction to let the smoke to its work.
He grabs a quill and paper.

To Doctor Gahalla,

I have developped some new cures to be tested. All include now the Arthas Tears which seemed beneficial. I have experimented with various forms of enhancing the cures, as will be clear from the list below. Those infused with Light have been blessed by my own hand. I hope it will prove sufficient as experiment, but I believe a more skilled priest such as Priestess Longhill or Sister Irys, a prodigal priest apprentice, might deliver a more effective result, should we finalize the cure.

The bound cask on the table is a fermenting mixture. An increase in the dosage of Arthas Tears extract could yield permanent damage to the eye tissue and dangerous depressions. This can easily be countered but I found none that would blend with the experimental cures from below. The cask holds a Germin Induced Negator that might work well together. The main downside of this mixture is that it is quite alcoholic which could, in turn, undo some of the cure's compounds if it is given enough time. Therefor, each of these cures should be solved in a single cup of this G.I.N. right before being administered.

More than one cure may be administered as long as there is a sufficient amount of G.I.N. to counter the negatives of the Artas Tears overdose. I recommend waiting for the temporary side effects to disappear however.

I discovered the disease blends positively with morphic ingredients. I suspect this property was a requirement for the forming of oozes. We can use this to our comfort. To track which patient has been administered which cures, each cure has been mixed with a two coloring crystals. One of the fingers of the patient should color accordingly while the cure is in effect. The patient's eyes should turn blue and last as long as the side effects.

Unfortunately, I only produced three cures. As ingredients are added, I find that their combinations become increasingly unstable. More than one mixture dissolved in my very hands. My own knowledge is too limited to resolve the matter. Perhaps we should seek more expertise on alchemy or plant mixtures.

Bijou
Compopsition:
Blessed Sungrass powder, stirred clockwise in Arthas Tear extract till it turned yellow, boiled and combined with Vision Dust in eight counter turns.
Dissolved Goldclover, solved Artas Tear crystals, chopped blindweed. Mixed and distilled.
Both elements composed in a 1/1 ratio.

Served:
Reheat to body temperature before mixing. Mix two spoonfulls per dose in cold G.I.N.. Shake, do not stirr.

Effects:
Uplifted spirit, clearer breathing. Stimmulation of the bloodflow, improving the patient's skintone. Immediate stop of ooze formation. Blond haired people might have hair regrowth.
Colors the thumbs yellow.

Possible side effects:
Dark haired people may have blond hair growth in places they didn't have hair before. Patients might turn more silent for a brief time. Colors the eyes blue while these negatives are in effect.

Gibson
Compopsition:
Heart of Arthas Tears mixed with fire essence. Cooled with holy water.
Vision dust infused Twillight Jasmine seeds, accelerated to unstable growth with volatile life. The flowers of these plants were added to the mixture. The plants were destroyed for safe measure.

Served:
Mix one spoon per dose. Preferably served cold.
Serve with a slice of orange.

Effects:
Increased stamina, endurance, muscle fortification, increased mobility.
Colors the index fingers red.

Possible side effects:
Urge for insulting language. Attitude problems. Patient must be kept away from lethal weapons.
Colors the eyes blue while these negatives are in effect.

Long Isle Iced Tea
Composition:
Leaves of Peacebloom dipped in Artas Extract and dried with Blindweed fumes. Milled.
Purified Silverleaf, Arthas tear crystals. Kept in the dark for three hours, before milling. Both powders blended.

Served:
Solved in cold holy water, with a shot of the G.I.N.

Effects:
Calming effect. Skin fortification. Reduction of the oozing (it should stop).
Colors the middle finger green.

Possible side effects:

Salty Fog
Composition:
Bruiseweed, Briarthorn, Arthas Tears, set in grapefruit juice. Dried, Milled.
Dream Dust infused Artas Tears and extract of Khadgar's Whiskers. Goldclover root, dried above eternal fire.

Served:
Placed in a kettle and set ablaze. Fumes must be breathed in while drinking a cup of G.I.N.

Effects:
Cleared airways, uplifted spirit, vast improvement of the digestive functions. Clear headaches, clear stomachaches.
Colors the little finger violet.

Possible side effects:
Uncontrollable apetite. Offer potatoes.
Weaker senses in the legs, especially the ankles.
Might make the patient more talkative.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon May 02, 2011 6:47 am

To Doctor Gahalla,

The results are encouraging but puzzling. I fear that increasing the complexity of the treatments has increased the complexity of the results. In order of least efficient to most efficient:
- Salty Fog. Despite some of the beneficial effects, the results are disappointing. Only a mild increase in its healing power is found. Looking over at the other cures, I'm guessing it might be the goldclover.
- Long Isle Iced Tea. It does help, but it certainly didn't make a notable progress. Yet, even without gold clover, there is an improvement over pure arthas tears. One of the ingredients must be effective.
- Gibson. It had some very positive results, but it also had some very disappointing results. Admitted, the treatment contained some very unstable elements, perhaps too unstable for my own skill. It seemed a rather potent treatment, when effective.
- Bijou seemed the most stable and produced the most reliable results. However, the blessing with Light didn't fully weigh through, even compared to the Long Isle Iced Tea. My guess is that the Sungrass may not be as effective. Despite the use of Vision Dust, I felt it lacked potency but that could be related to the Sungrass.

We shall have to continue our research. We're probably missing one or two ingredients... and of course, the proper method to combine them.

Sincerely,
Sir Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm

To Chaplain Jeanpierre d'Armangac,

My findings have thus yielded approximately the same results of yours. I agree that the Salty Frog is indeed a dissappointment. Higher concentrations seem to yield more interesting results, but not until it reaches toxic levels. Adding something to countermand the toxicity have led to the effect being completely negated. I do not believe it is prudent to pursue it further at this point.

The suggestion that one of the components of Long Isle Ice Tea seemed key and the effectiveness of the Bijou I decided to run some experiments with blindweed. The results are very promising. I believe it is the sap which provides the necessary effect.

The Gibson does indeed have either very potent or very disappointing results. It needs something to stabilise it. Either an anchor for magical effects or a buffer. I am not certain which.

Below I have provided some experiments of mine I believe might be of interest:

The amplified paintbrush
Composition:
Mixture one: crushed Blindweed (stem, petals and leaves) put under pressure (10 pounds weight) between two cloths (wool) soaked in Volatile Rum for 4 hours. Both pieces of cloth are then boiled in water to extract the absorbed sap. After being extracted the compound is condensed and concentrated four times.
Mixture two: Petals of Arthas Tears boiled in water until deep purple Arthas Tear Extract has been yielded. Iron kettle (bronze does not seem to yield the same effect, other metals not tested). Blessed Sungrass milled into a powder added to the solution (no other carrier seem effective). Stirred counter clockwise 8 times. Do not allow it to boil, just simmer. Should have a bright orange colour.
Mixture Three: 1 part milled Terocone (dried, 4 months minimum) and 1 part Ghost Mushroom (smoked, birchwood. See Fizzlebrews treatise for smoked Ghost Mushroom for details). Kept dry until added to solution.

The three mixtures are combined 1:2:4 max 1 hour before administring. Mixed 1:1 in GIN. Keep it on ice.
Dosage: 2 fluid onces per dose

Noticed effects: Lowers fever, stopped ooze and boil formation, returns motility to limbs, uplifted mood.
Side effects: Heightened nausea, disorientation, loss of conciousness briefly, memory loss (related to loss of conciousness?)

Notes: Do not combine with Ancient Lichen. Absolutely disastrous results. Have yielded interesting results if (accidentally) exposed light passing through a Blessed Arcane Crystal, something to look into?

The red love
Mixture one: See above
Mixture four: Gibson
Mixture five: Mana Thistle seed milled and dried. Mixed equally with vision dust. Stored between two soaked Talandra's Rose Petals for 1 hour under pressure (10 pounds).

Mixed 10:10:1. Dissolved completely in GIN.
Dosage: One half fluid ounce per dose.

Effects: Seem to have an effect on all symptoms. Promising, if less potent than the former recipe provided.
Side effects: Nosebleed, temporary loss of eye colour, bruising, an sensation of infatuation, a great desire to sing, sore throats (possibly due to aforementioned singing). Jolly mood.

Notes: Have not tried to have it blessed, might be beneficial. Would like to also have a druid cast a restorative enchantment on it. Highly reactive to arcane magic.
Might be toxic to elves...

There is also this, intended to possibly be added to above two recipes.
Mixture six
Components: Extract of Peacebloom in GIN. Any of the grim three* milled and added to solution. Set to simmer for six hours.

* Felweed, Nightmare Vine, Netherbloom.

Added 1:100 to finished solutions. Cold.

Notes: Have yielded very positive results on samples. Not tested on patients, wanted your thoughts first. Herbs grows only in outland due to fel-presence. Finished decoction does indeed contain trace amounts of fel-energy. Risk of addiction minimal. Patients claim to experience a tingling sensation in their body by just being in the same room. A concern?

I look forward to hear your thoughts and results of these.

Light be with you,
Doctor Gahalla Rose
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm

The combination of mixtures has inspired me with a different method.

((At the risk of never being taken serious again...))

To Doctor Gahalla Rose,

Doctor, the combination of mixtures you have provided me proved most inspiring. It has revealed to me there could be a perpetual mechanism to the disease, that feeds on the body itself. This could clarify the instability of some samples and why our cures failed to have a long lasting effect. Patients who have been treated repeatedly show a significant slower progress of the disease, more than one would imagine as the sum of the treatments.

Perpetual mechanism are rather simple in concept but difficult to build. It requires at least four anchor points. Based on the symptoms, the previous treatments and their results, I believe these anchors to be, in this order:
- Respiratory system and superficial skin. Both are exterior, breathe and have been the starting point for spreading the disease.
- The nerves and mind. As the fadeleave vapour indicates, or any smoker is willing to testify, the respiratory system is closely linked to the nerves and mind. While its effects may have taken time, I believe it quickly attacked the nerves, causing the nausea, headaches and hallucinations.
- Blood and digestion. With the mind and nerves distorted, the digestive system is disturbed and has been altered to work for the disease rather than counter it. The respiratory system also injected the disease directly in the blood.
- Underlying skin and muscle. Once the disease spreads out, the deeper skin and muscles are affected. Fed by the digestive system, the deeper skin grows oozes rather than hair, which try to burst out. This brings us back to infecting the skin and respiratory system. The muscles cramp and infect, being fed on the disease. But the muscles are closely tied to the mind and nerves, closing the perpetual mechanism.
There are typically two methods to stop such mechanisms.

One is to block the disease at all four points, causing it to halt. Provided it can be halted long enough, the disease will be stopped and falter, as it lacks its drive to keep it working. Unfortunately such internal blockade might yield a deadly struggle between disease and cure in the patient's body.

The other method is to have a cure that mingles in this perpetual machine and spreads itself through it. Once it has spread and mingled with the disease, it can dissolve the disease entirely from within. Unfortunately, the slightest variation or error in the cure might have an unpredictable effect. It could dissolve the disease with undesirable side effects, or it could amplify the disease. Mutation of either patient or disease would be te greatest danger.

Based on this theory and your results we have built two treatments, described below. Both proved promising but unstable. Some amplified herbal components, or the mixture with the disease itself, became dangerous. To stabilize this, we followed your suggestion to seek a Druid to aid us. The Winterblades of Darnassus have, in their kindness towards our kin, permitted one Elven Druid to come aid us. She should arrive at the Stormwind Harbor tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Sir Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac,
Chaplain of faith and Morale,
Head of the Chapter of Knowledge,
Of the Disciples of Light.

Treatment 1: Benine Barrage

The barrage method tries to put a halt to the disease on its anchor points. It is estimated that the disease will crumble if fully blocked at all points for about fifteen minutes. However, the process is extremely painfull and may require post surgical treatment. Timing is of the essence as all the blockades may only work simultaneously. To ensure each mixture's effect is delayed and timed properly, it comes with a temporary negator of its own, that will slow down the mixture's effect.

Mixture 1.a: Ouisky
Based on Mixture Two from Doctor Gahalla.
Petals of Arthas Tears boiled in water until deep purple Arthas Tear Extract has been yielded. Use Iron kettle. Blessed sungrass milled into a powder, dissolved in holy water, added to the solution. Stirred counter clockwise 6 times. Do not allow it to boil, just simmer. Yields a deep orange colour.
Note: dissolving sungrass powder in holy water did not increase the potency but softened the side effects.

Administration:
The patient can simply drink this. One cup of G.I.N. is required.

Temporary side effects:
- disorientation

Negator 1.a: Peewty
In order to avoid the Ouisky to react too soon, the patient must be subjected to a smoke treatment of blessed earth, burnt in a fire or kettle. This will make the Ouisky work smoother and less brutally.

Temporary side effects:
- Halucinations
- Boils might solidify, making them more painful.

Mixture 1.b: Konjack
Based on mixture four.
Mana Thistle seed milled and dried. Mixed with dream dust. Stored in a sealed box with Goldclover flowers resting on them.

Temporary Side effects:
- Nosebleed
- Urge to Singing

Negator 1.b: Suzette
A mixture of flour, milk and sugar, baked in a pan can be added to the Konjack. While these are neutral to the cure, it facilitates the digestion in the exact required proportions. This will stimulate the digestion properly and it also counters the side effects of the Peewty treatment.

Temporary side effects:
- None.

Mixture 1.c: Thechilla
Based on Gibson.
Heart of Arthas Tears mixed with fire essence. Cooled with holy water.
Twillight Jasmine grown with volatile life and Vision Dust infused earth. The flowers of these Jasmines were milled and added.
Note: this is a highly unstable product. Most samples exploded, or spawned new plants. Only a few samples proved stable and showed very positive results. This should be mended by a Druid.

Immediate effects after administration:
- Improved mobility
- Muscle fortification.
- Lowers fever

Possible side effects:
- Cold attacks

Negator 1.c: Marjorita
Movement of finger tips and toes should stimulate the effect on the nerves and indicate the progression of the Techilla. It also reduces the cold attacks of the Techilla. This exercise, for the fingers, could be performed with a baton of blessed ciderwood. Whatever twirling movement the patient makes with the baton, it should not be dropped.

Mixture 1.d: Backwardy
Based on Mixture One from Doctor Gahalla.
Blindweed sap, rested for two hours, skimmed.
Crushed Blindweed (stem, petals and leaves), mingled with the skimmed sap, put under pressure (10 pounds weight) between two cloths (wool) soaked in Volatile Rum for 4 hours. Both pieces of cloth are then boiled in water to extract the absorbed sap. After being extracted the compound is condensed and concentrated five times.
Note: The adding of skimmed sap increases the oily substances in the mixture, allowing more distillation iterations to obtain a greater purity while retaining a higher concentration through every iteration.

Negator 1.d: Run
In order to ensure the mixture spreads properly before setting in, the patient should walk around a room (run if possible), counterclockwise for two minutes.

Final mixture
Based on mixture six.
Extract of Blessed Sungrass in Holy water. Netherbloom milled and added to solution. Set to simmer for six hours. Mingled with G.I.N.
This is the final mixture that will trigger all mixtures. This will cause the disease to relase from the patient.

Release
When the final mixture is in place, the patient should be laid down on a bed or floor. The patient will undergo the effects of the treatment, all at once. This could prove very painful.
It is dearly recommended there is a priest who can connect with the mind of the patient to aleviate some of the pain for no traditional medicine may be used.

Stages of recovery
While the effect of the cures is simultaneous, the disease is predicted to fight back in stages.

Stage 1
Fully body cramp. All muscles, intestines and even the lungs will begin to ache tremendously. Special care must be given that the patient does not make a cardiac arrest.
This will last roughly three minutes, depending on body weight and the grade of infection.

At this point, the patient may completely loose sense of reality due to the pain and the netherbloom having its maximum effect.

Stage 2
Stonification of the boils and oozes.
The boils and oozes will dissolve at first but may quickly began to harden and become rock solid. It may need to be removed with surgery.
While the stonification may be nearly instant, they will remain so until removed.

The patient must be blessed by the Light at this point. This will aid purifying its body and rejecting the oozes that will turn to stone.

Stage 3
The mutating aspect of the disease shall attempt to break through its own stonification. This may yield the swelling of limbs and organs, so such lenghts some skin could be torn. Apply ice to reduce swellings. The G.I.N. should keep the patient's own tissue from turning to stone.
This might prove extremely painful and will last up to five minutes.

Stage 4
In a final resort, the plague might tap into the only source of strength left: the patient's body heat. The patient must be kept warm. This is the final stage and naught else can be done at this point. It could last five minutes.
It might prove a good idea to perform any surgical operation at this stage. The lowered temperature will slow the bleeding and reduce the sensitivity of the patient.

Full recovery
While the patient is technically cured after the treatment is completed, they should inspect and report the condition of their secretion of fluids and feces.
Check for:
- Blood, might point at bleedings in the digestive system, following the threatment.
- Green colors, as a result of the volatile life
- Odd shapes, for reasons to be identified.

Treatment 2: Positive Sabotage

The purpose of the treatment is to let the ingredients of the cure flow naturally in the body and mingle with the disease. This process becomes increasingly dangerous as the treatment continues, for it becomes more dangerous and unpredictable. More importantly, the morphing aspect of the disease could yield uncontrollable effects. Some of these effects can be countered by another stage of the treatment, but generally this is unpredictable. Patients may be subject to a change on their form.

This instability stems from the fact that the disease will morph during the reaction with the treatment, and vise versa. While these effects can nullify eachother, the patient could prove more sensible to one stage than the other.
It is unclear at this point if alteration to the patient can be undone through magic. I fear we should assume they can not be undone.

Mixture 2.a: Machito
Gibson, mixed with sungrass, amplified with an increase of Vision Dust (to match the sungrass). To be stabilized by a Druid.

Known temporary side effects:
- Urge for offensive language.
- Hot temper

Possible permanent or temporary side effects:
- Louder, deeper voice.
- Uncontrollable hair growth on chest and arms.
- Shrinking in length
- Increased muscular growth.
- Darkening of skin and/or hair

Possible permanent or temporary character changes:
- Less talkative
- More introvert
- Decreased sexual drive

Mixture 2.b: Kai Per Inho
Bijou mixed with holy water, held under sunlight passing through a Blessed Arcane Crystal. Stabilization by a Druid could reduce the side effects. No G.I.N. may be administered.

Possible permanent or temporary side effects:
Severe morphological changes in dimensions. The length of every limb and member could alter. Possible internal organ damage. This could also increase or decrease in size of visual parts such as nose, ears, eyes, head, fingers, chest, hips, legs, toes.

This should be followed by a thorough physical examination.

Mixture 2.c: Dai Qweerie
Mixture two, blended with mixture five in a 1:1 ratio. To be served with one glass of G.I.N.

Expected temporary side effects:
- Talkative mood
- Singing mood
- Sore throats

Possible permanent or temporary physical side Effects:
- Louder, higher pitched voice.
- Reduction of hair growth on chest and arms.
- Increase in length
- Decrease of muscular tissue.
- Tanned skin
- Hair color increasing in lightness

- More talkative
- More extrovert
- Increased sexual drive

Mixture 2.d: Sunrise
Based on Mixture Six, mixed with a tad of Dreaming Glory before heated. Blessed with holy Light and then heated. During the simmering, the dreaming glory will float on top and must be skimmed. Served without G.I.N.

Expected temporary side effects:
- Halucinations
- Uncontrollable thirst

Possible permanent or temporary physical side Effects:
- Skin changes: can become leather or even scaled
- Wrinkles: can increase or reduce, depending on the subject.
- Eye changes: color, vision can improve or reduce.

- Increased spiritual awareness
- Increased spiritual delusion
- Increase or decrease of intelligence, the latter being more likely.

Post treatment help
Should the patient suffer morphological changes, it may be required to lend additional support to help them bear this change. Some of these changes could be undone by administering more G.I.N. For safe measure, additional G.I.N. could be administered.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 pm

To Doctor Gahalla,

Doctor, the druid aided in stablizing the second ingredient of the second treatment, during your absence. Having gained confidence in the stability of the medicine barring, of course, its unpredictable nature, we have begun administering both types of the cure to the people in Eastvale. Considering the increased risk in cardiac arrest, as a result of the pain, and the necessity of movement in the first treatment we have administerd the cures based on the following logic:
- Patients incapable of sustaining the severe pains, or incapable of movement, have been subjected to the second treatment.
- All other patients have been administered the first treatment.

All treated patients are still in a period of recovery from the treatment, and of course the plague itself, but the results look promising. We have, unfortunately, had some mishaps with the treatments. A few patients suffered a heart attack from the first treatment. We barely managed to pull some through and, unfortunately, failed with others. The second treatment caused two patients to have evaporated, despite the stabilization. We are still investigating the causes, but it proved difficult to find traces of these patients. It could be the disease had spread to far in the patient and infected their every cell, and even their very essence. One of the nurses, witnessing an evaporation, stopped working.

We have been forced to alter our triage procedure. The second treatment in particular has yielded far more diverse symptoms that required different expertise. The divisions are thus based on the type of treatment and their urgency.
- Patients requiring immediate treatment: internal organ damage and life threatening morphological changes. An amputation table has been set up. This is observed by a doctor and an alchemist if they are available. Severed limbs are burned along with all linen and cloth used by the patient.
- Patients requiring urgent alchemical treatment: patients suffering from morphological changes that require to be treated through alchemy or magic.
- Patients requiring urgent surgical treatment: patients suffering from morphological or medical issues that require traditional medicine.
- Patients requiring aid: patients suffering from morphological changes that need to be mended before they become permanent.
- Patients requesting no treatment: patients that seem to prefer their morphological changes and requested not to be treated. Mostly filled with patients of both gender approving the reduction of wrinkles, gain of muscular tissue, the change of their forms, their eyesight and even the change in haircolor. Some have grown violent after noticing their changes weren't permanent. Some seem to be heading for a permanent change however.

It should be noted that the alchemical compounds remain fully active for one whole night. This implies that any alchemical or magical treatment is to be considered dangerous. After the first night, or day, the compounds are still in the patient's body but weakened to a less dangerous form. Still, the patients may prove less balanced.
Treat with caution.

I have moved to the highlands of Arathi. The Queen of Stromgarde has been cured with the second treatment. I must still wait full details of her condition however. I pray she hasn't evaporated. She seemed to manage fine during the morphological changes, though it could be noted she had shrunk to the size of a Dwarf at first, and grown a beard. These changes were, luckily, countered in a later stage of the treatment. I pray the counter won't prove less permanent than the original change.

Sincerely,
Sir Jean-Pierre
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down