Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

+34
Morgeth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lorainne/Bridlington
Morinth
Lavian
Gustov
Ron Sexton
Arathoran
Yarnaat
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Rmuffn
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Raelan
corleth
Geneviève
Thelos
Shaelyssa
Mandui
Grufftoof
Celistra
Jeanpierre
Eodan
Amaryl
Kettin
Timna
Sullee Swiftspeech
Quin
Ave/Sariella
Gesh
Lexgrad
Forsetí
Nessra Sunwhisper
itsy
Sharyssa/Adenah
38 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors - Page 5 Empty Re: Ravenholdt Manor and visitors

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm

To keep it very simple Ama, ninja escapes I'd see as "ninja" are these:

- Suddenly leaving without emote etc because it dawns to you that your char is going to get harmed and you don't want that.

- asking assistance OOC to people without IC knowlegde to get you out.

- Ignoring emotes even after having whispered (just in case due to spam indeed) and saying it was missed and having gotten a response

Most of the ones mentioned by you aren't considered as much as "ninja" but ... for myself I would "prefer" people leaving a window like I do myself to respond. Instead of just leaving with said escape and not allowing the person trying to keep you a reaction.

Casting something to escape? Works just fine, but perhaps leave a chance to get interupted?
Call upon a gryphon but leave a moment of time to let someone try and bring the gryphon harm to attempt stopping you?
Dodging an attack and running? Do it Very Happy but let us run after you?
Being summoned? Seems plausible, nothing we can do, but my previous point stands if it remains ooc "Just get me out here even if you have no clue IC"

And I shall smite those trying bubble HS!!!!! *shakes fist*

This answer is just my personal opinion btw, perhaps some guildies have different views on the matter and it's purely based on the roleplay I try to give myself would I be in alike situations, I try to give openings for people to escape aswell as try to wait for people to react would I be the one trying to escape.
If I emote my char dodging and running I'll wait a few steps away for a response to be written.
It's in no way trying to dictate -This is how you should rp- people have different styles afterall, guess it's just going back to the basics we all do our best to uphold to have a comfortable, realistic and enjoyable time around roleplay Smile

Guess it's just "hoping" people have similar common sense, if your char wants out or you feel OOC uncomfortable and wish to get away. Let us know ooc and not "fuck up", trust me .. we can come to arrangements and set up rp to let your character get away. It has been done to several people, aswell as my own char's Smile

Last edited by Sharyssa/Adenah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

And this is the point where the discussion becomes circular, because people come into it without having read the whole thread and repeating arguments have been countered yet not replied to, which obviously forces repetition. In other words...

...echo echo...
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm answering to Ama's questions that's all, I think she/he (forgive meeeeee I don't know <.<) deserves them afterall for trying to see the picture and situation the whole topic has been based upon.

Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Wasn't referring to you! xD What you're doing is describe how people should be RPing aggressive situations, something that should be happening in a decent manner without anyone having to explain. Your guild's problems aren't people who don't know how to RP those scenarios though.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Isn't this just RP common sense?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:Isn't this just RP common sense?
It is. That's why she doesn't have to explain. There are other issues that force a "public outcry" towards RHS and none of them is related to how people react to IC aggressiveness. That's trying to solve the issues by discussing the wrong topics.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:
And I shall smite those trying bubble HS!!!!! *shakes fist*

*Immune*

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:I'm answering to Ama's questions that's all, I think she/he (forgive meeeeee I don't know <.<) deserves them afterall for trying to see the picture and situation the whole topic has been based upon.

*Cough* He *cough*

I'm just trying to establish where you guys "Draw The Line" So to speak, to fill in your Ambiguous Requests. Due to the differing opinions on how to conduct oneself in RP. regardless of mine, since most of your explanations do make sense enough, now that the bite is out of your posts Smile (And I hope most of your guild share your opinion.)

Cheers.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

It's very much rp'ing common sense, but as said ... we've had alot of problems lately involving the situation at the manor and random stuff that was just really annoying several of our members.
The mentioned points are things we tell people would they come up to us, just to be certain it's not too far fetched and once given answers are just fine we keep rp'ing.
But some really come with the most ... headache-causing bull**** that leaves us going "hell no"

So deffinatly not an attack on the others here that do see common sense, or a total claim on things like Remai said. Of course by posting it people are granted their opinion and answers to risen questions.
Having a post however gives people the chance to already know what they'd walk into, or what might occur.
After all the years the server has been around I would be amazed would there still not have been plots or storylines going so people are aware on where the manor is, or it would be impossible to not have rogues/assasins around who have backgrounds at the manor.

Maybe to make yet another gist of it all
"Hey you, come rp, RHS is there and this is what we do, this is what we like you to see/ keep in mind"

Works? Grouphug? Very Happy

Edit: My bite! .. Yeah just ignore it when it's there I'm a sleepdeprived insomniac that stresses too easily! I mean no harm ... HONEST ... I really don't bite THAT hard xD

Last edited by Sharyssa/Adenah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

I love how its sooo Easy to put something down to "Common Sense"

But then tell me how many people actually believe a Free Independent Consultant (tax,Bank, phone, energy, charity whatever) is actually independent?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Mandui wrote:
It is. That's why she doesn't have to explain. There are other issues that force a "public outcry" towards RHS and none of them is related to how people react to IC aggressiveness. That's trying to solve the issues by discussing the wrong topics.
Well if they react to "IC Agressiveness" In a way I don't like, I generally just let them be and interact with them as little as possible. perhaps they really like what they're doing, I say live and let be. Better then thowing a huge (OOC) hissyfit and ruining everyones day.

I generally play along though, I know my character is a ditz, if someone's going to try and punch her chances are she's going to get punched.

...She gets punched a lot. -a lot.-

Amaryl wrote:But then tell me how many people actually believe a Free Independent Consultant (tax,Bank, phone, energy, charity whatever) is actually independent.

And how is this relevant to anything? :/

Let's not call it common sense. Call it common courtesy. Perhaps even "Generally Accepted Role-Playing Protocal" Razz

Last edited by Delidah / Scuzy on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Common Sense Its not "Common"

Edit: Plenty of people RP Vampires and Nympho DKs and have loads of fun doing so. hence i'd call "generaly accepted roleplaying protocol" nonsense as well.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Sometimes you make me wonder, Amy, if your purpose really is just the truth of your statements... or if you intend to drag us along in your disillusionment in humanity. Very Happy
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Soooo muuuuuch haaaaaaaaate...

Ravenholdt Manor and visitors - Page 5 Angry_mob
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I mentioned the true issues at the bottom of page 6. People will be finding excuses for animosities and conflicts until those issues are solved. Anything else discussed is small letters that can be fixed rather easily.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:Soooo muuuuuch haaaaaaaaate...

Hey.. I wasn't bearing any hate Sad
Only love! Even for Amy's sometimes cynical view on things. It's like olives: you learn to appreciate it over time and grow to love it.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:22 pm

I just like to debate... >.>

That, and I feel, if I push the right buttons, people will show me something, that I didn't know and even surprise me. like to push and prod, even antagonise when I'm wondering where something is going, or what a person -really, really- thinks, when you cut away the ribbons andthe flowers and Soundbyte, but not out of malice, but out of genuine curiosity and ofcourse entertainment.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5