Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven?

+27
Arabella Greene
Jeanpierre
Emrys
Amaryl
Feydor
Skarain
Lorainne/Bridlington
Antistia
Ishap/Virock
Osmand
Eowale
corleth
Braiden
Thelos
Silferdrake
Geneviève
Sanara
Sorayah
Shaelyssa
Gahalla
Seranita
Dréfurion
Timna
Kristeas Sunbinder
Drustai
Lexgrad
Melnerag
31 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven? Empty Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven?

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 pm

This is the list of 'offenses' the Chapter currently recognizes, and the list of sins we are intending to use, mostly for internal Role-play. So, what sort of criminal is your character and/or what sorts of sins did he/she indulge in? Tell me, and I will tell you what punishment and penance your character must go through in order to reach Anethionean heaven!

Activities prosecuted by the Anethionean Inquisition:
Spoiler:

List of sins used by the Chapter:
Spoiler:

PS: I know what you are thinking. But can a religion exist without hypocricy?

Last edited by Melnerag on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven? Empty Re: Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven?

Post by Lexgrad Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Reminds me of Dreths "I will not sin, but are drinking and lustful company alright" chat with corleth. Razz

One of my chars is arathorian so is a heathen. My DK is most likely a sinner of some kind...

Oh and my warlock... he likees the fel!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven? Empty Re: Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven?

Post by Drustai Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:58 pm

... Drustai is guilty of like... more than 50% of these. <.<

*puts together a list*

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Exaythe is a:

Heretic (she constantly asks uncomfortable questions about religion!)
Meddler (she always meddles in human affairs)
Defiler (she encouraged Dru to keep at practicing Shadow Magic!)
Witch (she practiced shadow magic!)
Cultist (she used to hang out with Zaraj Sad )
Betrayer (she committed murder!)

Association with.....pretty much everybody evil
Sympathy with....pretty much everybody evil

...which probably means she would go straight to a stake Sad

Sins which Sophyra -did not- Commit:

Self-righteousness (yay!)
Apostasy
Oathbreaking (she is -very good- with wording her oaths!)
Faithlesness (she actually believes what she does)
Paganism
Idolatry
Infidelity (she did convert....to her own 'interpretatio' of it all)
Disobedience
Denying Hospitality
Attachment (in fact, her attachment to others doesn't even distract her from her self-service!)

So, it is always reassuring to think that there are sins you have not yet committed. You might not be pure, but you could get a lot more vile! I think only way for her to attone is to be entombed in a wall where she would sit untill the end of her days copying religious texts and teaching their meaning to any who would come by and exchange some food&water for a lesson. Even then...Light might not be merciful.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Does not being a human, count as a sin?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Actually, no. It would be mighty unfair of the Light to make you be born a non-human....AND then punish you for that, now wouldn't it?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Coris Finrick: Blasphemer, sinner, faithless, criminal, heretic, defiler, witch, apostate, infidel, heathen, cultist, betrayer, Light’s enemy, association, servitude and assistance.

Timna Farglade Thorgint: Blasphemer, criminal, apostate, infidel, heathen, association, sympathy, assistance.
(Timna’s may be since her old days!)

Both are humans.
What do I get?! Very Happy
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Coris had her chance at redemption, and she busted it! TO THE STAKE!

Timna...will probably get away with some light-to-middle verdict and a secular punishment for her crimes, and if she ceases her evil deeds...she might even go to heaven! Unless her ASSISTANCE is horrible! (like opening the gates of Stormwind for horde army)
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Dréfurion actually commits quite a few of these sins, believing in Elune in all..

He also hates Chapterions.. That should count too, right?

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Chareshia (thow now deceased.. :blasphemy, Defiler (1 count), Apostate , Infidel, Oathbreaker (she was balackmaild into taking the oath by the chapter in the first place thow..)

hmm I think that is realy the only one that has commited any sins.. most being after she cracked and started to loose it in an ill fated campain In the north

what would she get if she was alive and what would the chapter do now she has passed on?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Considering Chareshia got one chance of redemption, and lost it, she would probably go to the stake! Oathbreaking is serious business.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Double post because of internet that I thought failed, but apperently didn't here's my list:

Dréfurion is a Heathen and a Betrayer

Some of his sins:
Fornication
Hatred
Jealousy
Vanity
And all of the "forgivable" sins.

Last edited by Drefurion on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Blasphemer (blasphemy): an individual who has slandered the Light, the Church or the Clergy with his words or deeds.

Any real Blood Knight has done this, so check.

Faithless (faithlessness): an individual who either does not profess faith in any religion, or who pretends to worship the Holy Light, but only pays it lip service.
Check.

Despoiler (sacrilege): an individual who has committed sacrilege against the Sacred by disturbing sacred place, defacing religious icons or striking members of the Clergy.
Goes together with Blasphemy, so check.

Meddler (infringement): a member of another race meddling in human affairs and trying to direct the cause of humanity.
Does wagin war against humans count as this?

Sins that destroy the universe

Necromancy: raising a creature from its eternal rest
In my defense, they all went mad.

Sins that destroy the faith

Intellectual Arrogance: assuming that you can grasp the Light or Light’s will with reason and logic
Using light magic without having a faith?

Sacrilege: despoiling or disturb the sanctity of the holy places, deface the icons of faith or to lay hands upon the clergy
Up there with Blasphemy, so check.

Sins that destroy the community
Murder: taking life of another sentient creature
Warfare, so check.
Harm: bringing harm upon another sentient being
Warfar, so check.

Deception: speaking untruth, making a promise with no intention of keeping it
Warfare (is based on deception etc.), so check.

Insult: harming another’s feelings with unguarded speech
If they ask for it, check.

Mockery: making fun of another’s shortcomings
Check.

Sins that can be tolerated

Unhelpful speech: speaking beyond what is strictly necessary
Unhelpful thoughts: thinking beyond what is strictly necessary
Check on both.

Leisure: undertaking leisurely activities
All work and no play makes Belfy rage. Check.

Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Hmmm...

In the old list
Gahalla (human): Witch, Assistance, Association, Sympathy

Jayanti (gnome): Faithlessness (allthough she believes in gnomish society, but no religion), Infidel, Sinner, Assistance, Association.

New list:
Gahalla:
Damnation, Wichcraft - Allthough sparingly and wishing to be rid of it
Adultery, Fornication - Since she has never been married but have been in intimate relationships
Deception, Concealing the truth - She is lying about things. Most notably being a warlock
Unhelpful thoughts and speech - Who isn't?

Jayanti:
Apathy, murder, harm, exploitation, deception, (infidelity?)
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

I think that when it comes to warfare or witch-hunting, the priests would make you believe that your sins are not -really- sinful. Since after all, you are killing enemies! But since you are fighting on the WRONG SIDE, Kristeas - you are a damned sinner! Interesstingly enough, it is not at all clear whether you being a Blood Knight makes you guilty of sacrielege&blasphemy....considering the Chapter has not yet recognized the Naaru as 'sources' of the Light. So you can use that in your defense! ("I like, stole some shiny stuffs from the Naaru. Isn't really The Holy Light!") You being a Blood Elf is also very helpful (Sister-race! *wave*). So you actually might get away with it all with nothing more than some mild attonement + humiliation of the peace treaty we will force you to sign! *salute*

Gahalla might actually be forgiven due to her charitable and holy work, as long as her assistance isn't too horrible, her association too blatant and her sympathy too outspoken. And as long as she can point out that she has been significantly cutting back on Fel (like, not a single spell for last year(s))

Drefurion...hard to say. He isn't going to heaven, since he just believes in a wrong deity! But his crimes don't seem to be that outrages, depending on the nature of his 'betrayal' - so he might as well be tolerated. And really, is fornication that bad when you worship a goddess who couples of stags!?

Jayanti...again, depends on Betrayal. If it isn't too bad, she might get away with purely secular punishment and be tolerated other than that.

And it isn't 'Old List' and 'New List'. Inquisitorial crimes are used as a convenient 'shorthand' when accusing&punishing outsiders. List of Sins is meant to be used for internal discipline&confessions.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:07 pm

.... sister.... race..... You are going to bleed for that. for one week every month.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Dréfurion killed someone, even ate some of the corpse too.. -whistles innocently-

Also, I don't see beastiality on that list. Is it a sin?

(tee-hee-hee, sisterrace) Shouldn't Belfs be considered sinful for draining demon energies?

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Our carpet in the abbey is pretty big. A lot of sins can be swept under it for our beloved sister-race!

And yes, bestiality is a sin. No idea why I didn't put it on the list. And...murdered and eaten the corpse!? Was it Horde or Alliance? (it matters!)
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

It was another kaldorei.. He only ate a little bit, he was hungry okay! (no, it was because he wasn't in control of himself.)

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Then yes, it is a horrible, horrible sin! He will probably have to face secular justice for that + go through some harsh attonement, like praying on the grave of that Kaldorei every night of his life for forgiveness, and tend to it, and to maintain it in good shape from his own resources!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Exaythe wrote:Then yes, it is a horrible, horrible sin! He will probably have to face secular justice for that + go through some harsh attonement, like praying on the grave of that Kaldorei every night of his life for forgiveness, and tend to it, and to maintain it in good shape from his own resources!

... I don't think I want to convert anymore.

So cannibalism is a sin too?

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Drefurion wrote:Dréfurion killed someone, even ate some of the corpse too.. -whistles innocently-

Also, I don't see beastiality on that list. Is it a sin?

(tee-hee-hee, sisterrace) Shouldn't Belfs be considered sinful for draining demon energies?
Know thy crimes! Know thy sins! Can thou reach Heaven? Thedemonthing

Edit: I wanted to copy paste a chapterian there questioning about the demons, but couldn't find a good cut-out of one.

Last edited by Kristeas Sunbinder on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 pm

I love you Kristeas, I really really love you. Hahaha

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

But, thanks! I will add Beastiality&Cannibalism there as well.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:49 pm

What about sodomy? Thats normally a sin. Except the cathars, tthey found normal sex sinful and everything else just fine. Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next