Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing?

+32
Cid
Magaskawee/Anaei
Luzerne
Ataris
Tyriez
Kozgugore Feraleye
Tso/Feloreth
Dréfurion
Frostfeather
Saevir
Kil'drakor
Rmuffn
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Flo
Drustai
bloop
Seranita
Nessra Sunwhisper
Morinth
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Lavian
Sharyssa/Adenah
Gesh
Muzjhath
Krogon Devilstep
The Z
Feydor
Jeanpierre
Kristeas Sunbinder
Grufftoof
Melnerag
Kettin
36 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing? Empty Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing?

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:50 am

Source MMOchampion

"A teaser on the official Warcraft Facebook Page hints at two new types of NPCs coming in a future patch, most likely Patch 4.3: the Transmogrifier and Void Storage NPCs.

"Transmogrifier" seems to hint at a way to change the appearance of something, the first thing coming to my mind is either a way to change the look of your items (it was experimented in the past with things such as Darkspear Overcloak but dropped later). I guess it could also be a way to change facial/body features on characters.

The "Void Storage" is probably ... well, another kind of storage? Or a high-tech magic trash can. "

Could it finally be we can make our RP gear our pvp gear. Here is hoping Smile
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing? Empty Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing?

Post by Melnerag Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:02 am

Void Storage to me seems like an account-bound, server-ignoring bank.

Transmognifier cannot be char-feature change since that is probably the greatest source of income for blizzard Very Happy, but changing item looks would go agains their past policies unless they found a way to 'do it right' - which would be delicious.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing? Empty Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing?

Post by Grufftoof Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 am

TransMOGnifier obviously turns you into a cat. Obviously. Right? Actually maybe it does. Or into a cat-person! No... probably not.

Void Storage sounds a lot like Account-bound banking. Maybe for those pesky heirlooms.

Last edited by grufftoof on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 am

Exaythe wrote:Void Storage to me seems like an account-bound, server-ignoring bank.

Transmognifier cannot be char-feature change since that is probably the greatest source of income for blizzard Very Happy, but changing item looks would go agains their past policies unless they found a way to 'do it right' - which would be delicious.

Yeah alot of people around the interweb are thinking the same on the void storage, really confused about the transmogifier, as you said blizz make alot of cash on people changing their chars basic looks. But what could it mean, maybe blizz are giving up on the idea of not having people change their armour, I for one think it would be great and most people would get used to it. Since back at the start of wow every one was wearing differnt stuff all the time, never had a problem knowing what class I was fighting. I want my pirate hat to be part of my pvp gear and keep my stats. I think i would make alot of people happy having that option.

What are the rest of your views on this?
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:38 am

It would change the discussion pvp gear vs rp gear during rp-pvp battles.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

Would make everything more interesting. Not every one running around looking the same. Also guild uniforms would be alot easier to get people to use. Amg I will happy if this happen. My goblin will have a pritty dress for pvp =)
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:It would change the discussion pvp gear vs rp gear during rp-pvp battles.

While I doubt it would go as far as that... I try to imagine the coolness if it were, or even in lesser extent. Perhaps it allows just some recolouring... like a "color"-enchant, but that would be quite awesome on its own. People could collectively match their armor to their tabard, or whatever symbol they'd want to make of it. It would be a huge plus.
But I'm note sure if they'd permit it... considering it might mislead people on some items. Oh well.. I wouldn't mind Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 am

Exaythe wrote:Transmognifier cannot be char-feature change since that is probably the greatest source of income for blizzard Very Happy

Team fortress 2 makes money by simply offer a shop of "hats" for your character.... which serves no purpose other than decoration.. in a 3D shooter. I think indeed that customization is a market, a source of income that they might not abandon so easily.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:23 am

From what I under stand on blizzard models a retint to a colour of your choice would mean they would have to make textures for each recolour as they haven't done it in a way that the item can be simply tinted for a color wheel. Unless they are totally changing the way they texture and colour models within the game. But I guess we will all soon see. Guild matching up would be a great thing to see.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 am

Maybe the transmogrifier sells potions and items that change your appearance, like Noggenfogger Elixer.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:28 am

Flumi wrote:From what I under stand on blizzard models a retint to a colour of your choice would mean they would have to make textures for each recolour as they haven't done it in a way that the item can be simply tinted for a color wheel. Unless they are totally changing the way they texture and colour models within the game. But I guess we will all soon see. Guild matching up would be a great thing to see.
this is correct
each texture is an independant .blp file
the only time we ever see semi significant changes to file structure are with new expansions, because you have to download a lot of new data for these changes to go through, even when theyre quite small changes.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:28 am

Aye Flumi. That's why I'm doubting it will happen. Though I'd love it to be true.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:30 am

i personally hope the transmogrifier can be used to transmogrify our dance moves
where the fuck is this dance studio i been waitin since lich king
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:34 am

The main belief is that it will allow you to have say a old lvl 60 pvp item and ur currant item and swap the models around, similar to AION . Potions would be a possibility but I have a feeling thats not what its going to be, and with the texture blizzard wouldn't go a patch to revamp their system perhaps in a expansion but even then I highly doubt it.

I could just be really hopeful on the armor switch Sad
Blizz done this on purpose to taunt us I swear.

Or maybe it turns us in panda's
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:45 am

What if Transmog simply allows you to change the looks of an item to a look-alike item in another color?

Like Green Nemesis <-> Red Nemesis
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 am

I'd cut my hand for that!

Well.. in /e ...
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

bet there would be some very interesting gear combos if this happens.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:04 pm

i say if it does allow you to change the look of your gear its just an excuse for the ugly ass end game armour blizz have been producing Razz
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Some gear change-a-roo feature sure would be ace, but I'm not holding my breath. Cross-realm bank would definetly be neat as well.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Exaythe wrote:What if Transmog simply allows you to change the looks of an item to a look-alike item in another color?

Like Green Nemesis <-> Red Nemesis

that would be problematic regarding conquest point pvp gear and the elite gear from rating, as all that seperates them is colour. same for pve tier sets.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 pm

One of their biggest reasons for not building a feature that replaces the look of one item with another is that they want people to know what they are up aginst in for example Arenas and BGs. So they might have come up with a way so it stripps off for when you're there?

PS, if they haven't. And it is a gear replacement. I am so getting a bunch of bad Cata greens, changing my pvp gear and jumping into the first BG I can! And hope people don't look at my health.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm more inclined to look at health and mana than at gear.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:31 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a visual alteration for my gear. But, it seems abit.. strange for Blizzard to be doing that.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:44 pm

It doesn't sound like blizzard but it's not impossible to do as indeed Aion has these options, be it simply recolouring your existing armor.
The pvp-colours could be bypassed however if it's somewhere possible that there's a block on pvp gear to make it look like the elite one.

Perhaps this will just be something smaller then we are guessing about or for once Blizz might just have an actual suprise for us?
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 pm

maybe its altering body types abit, fat goblins, there is also the different build of trolls. Which would also be good, Height! and ofcource bewbz :O
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next