Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

+77
Psykhe
Ave/Sariella
Ralegh
Norrian/Chezz
Eodan
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Shaelyssa
Antistia
Nessra Sunwhisper
Aladras
Coppersocket
bloop
itsy
Thelos
Gilran
Sinnadrin
Raziev
Mikasa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Rmuffn
Dharum
Killian
Feydor
Silferdrake
Meralynn / Ashla
Destiny
Flo
Amaryl
Khendran
Lorainne/Bridlington
Arathoran
Elloa
Quin
Kaleil Sunstrike
Tyrós/Cále
Eowale
Kettin
Saevir
Aluvielle
Lavian
Lyniath
The Z
Lexgrad
Astraea
Kil'drakor
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Grufftoof
Jayse
Drengi/Lokik
The Misty Beast
Geneviève
Mandui
Gilraen
Lini
Gesh
Sanara
Jeanpierre
Jakins
Chase - Esou
Nithel
Drazial
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Eodain
Dréfurion
Seranita
Muzjhath
Maelmoor
Morinth
Gahalla
Gogol
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aleric
Zhakiri
Jomir
Ixirar
81 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? - Page 31 Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Lini Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:33 pm

So...how hard is this ship actually sinking?
I've seen people paint some pretty bleak pictures for the future of this game but how do things look from the perspective of someone who still plays the game?
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? - Page 31 Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Sw tor? i prity much have left it..there was not anywhere neer as much rp avalable as i thaught.. and the racial steryotipes and standers were to strickt and you could not play around with your toon as much as you can in wow
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Lini wrote:So...how hard is this ship actually sinking?
I've seen people paint some pretty bleak pictures for the future of this game but how do things look from the perspective of someone who still plays the game?

I'm taking a break from it for the time being but I do plan to get back into it once my real-life situation stabilizes, unlike WoW. From what I can gather though, it's still going pretty good especially with actual content being patched in now.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm

It's not sinking. It was more successful than most MMO launches and seems to be going strong. It's not a WoW killer, but it's a healthy MMO in its own right.

I personally don't play anymore because I don't have the money to pay for my sub (and buy a new processor that can run it better than my single-core), but I enjoyed it while I had the opportunity.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Drustai wrote:

It's not sinking. It was more successful than most MMO launches and seems to be going strong. It's not a WoW killer, but it's a healthy MMO in its own right.

I personally don't play anymore because I don't have the money to pay for my sub (and buy a new processor that can run it better than my single-core), but I enjoyed it while I had the opportunity.

That
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 pm

As much as I liked SWTOR, it felt too slow and repeatitive with the quests. At level 33 for me, I spent four hours questing and I didn't even take half my experience bar. I just couldn't take that.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Eowale wrote:As much as I liked SWTOR, it felt too slow and repeatitive with the quests. At level 33 for me, I spent four hours questing and I didn't even take half my experience bar. I just couldn't take that.

So... WoW?
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:10 pm

indeed wow has created the instance leveling and now poeple want quick levels Smile I would love wow to make leveling slower again with all the xp boosts in game they should drop the base xp earnd thus simply meaning you dont outlevel a zone
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Monrena wrote:indeed wow has created the instance leveling and now poeple want quick levels Smile I would love wow to make leveling slower again with all the xp boosts in game they should drop the base xp earnd thus simply meaning you dont outlevel a zone

I found in SW:TOR I was underlevelling a zone. Like, after all the starting quests I was still too low level for the final jedi starting area boss, and corouscant was constant underlevel. I don't want to have to do every. single. menial. sidequest. just to progress
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Lyniath wrote:
Eowale wrote:As much as I liked SWTOR, it felt too slow and repeatitive with the quests. At level 33 for me, I spent four hours questing and I didn't even take half my experience bar. I just couldn't take that.

So... WoW?

Uh, dunno what patch of WoW you been playing but atm you usually get about 10 levels from hours of questing? Maybe even more. If you're looking to complain about WoW's flaws(of which there are many) you're doing it wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Lyniath wrote:
Monrena wrote:indeed wow has created the instance leveling and now poeple want quick levels Smile I would love wow to make leveling slower again with all the xp boosts in game they should drop the base xp earnd thus simply meaning you dont outlevel a zone

I found in SW:TOR I was underlevelling a zone. Like, after all the starting quests I was still too low level for the final jedi starting area boss, and corouscant was constant underlevel. I don't want to have to do every. single. menial. sidequest. just to progress

Then you were doing something wrong. Most people I know are overleveled by the time they reach the second planet. I was at Nar Shaddaa level while doing Balmorra on my SI, for example.

As long as you do the group quests, or instances, or space missions, or PvP, you'll have more than enough exp to stay above the curve.

Last edited by Drustai on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 am

Personally, I find the slow levelling refreshing, after WoW's currently crazy speed of levelling.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 am

I didn't mind SW: TOR's leveling at first. It was when you came above the 30+ scale when it started to become almost unbearable. WoW isn't bad when it comes to leveling. I'm only playing until my sub runs out. I despise leveling as it is, I have a enough problem trying to level a character in WoW, in SWTOR, I just couldnt do it at the speed it was making me do it.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am

Vanilla used to take a lifetime too, not that I played back then, but I heard rumours.

Personally I didn't mind the slow leveling, what I minded was the rather boring sidequests on each planet delaying that very interesting class storyline. And it was a bit silly to constantly be too high level for a zone. :p

But it was fun overall, never been so dedicated to leveling.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

If you haven't played EQ1, you can't talk about slow leveling.

Vanilla WoW and TOR are both like speed trains compared to EQ1.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

Leveling wasn't that slow in SW:TOR.
The problem was that you -had- to do the instances and the group quests to keep on the level range for a planet, from what itfelt like, past level 25/30.
And to get instances you either had to be lucky onplanet, or go sit for an hour on the fleet.
And for group quests you generally just met asshats.
Love that they have heroic group content, but it should still be optional/the end of a questline. Not "If you skip it, you'll be one-two levels below recommended".
Loved the Area quests you start finding.

As for Vanilla leveling. The only people complaining about leveling in vanilla were people who'd never played ANY other MMO.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 am

Muzjhath wrote:Leveling wasn't that slow in SW:TOR.
The problem was that you -had- to do the instances and the group quests to keep on the level range for a planet, from what itfelt like, past level 25/30.

You could do space missions or PvP, too.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 am

vanilla was about 4 hours for a level on average.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

Muzjhath wrote:Leveling wasn't that slow in SW:TOR.
And to get instances you either had to be lucky onplanet, or go sit for an hour on the fleet.
And for group quests you generally just met asshats.
Love that they have heroic group content, but it should still be optional/the end of a questline. Not "If you skip it, you'll be one-two levels below recommended".
Loved the Area quests you start finding.

As for Vanilla leveling. The only people complaining about leveling in vanilla were people who'd never played ANY other MMO.

I compared a smiliarty for Eowale. Razz I knew it was relatively slow compared to today's leveling on WoW.
And since vanilla is older than cata I figured that lvling pace is a more, accurate one for MMO's. Rather than Cata's shitness.

As I said, I had no problem with ToR's pace, only that I had to wait so long for my storyline.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 am

I thought the PvP in ToR was better than WoW, at least the BGs of WoW. My reasoning is that it rewarded you constantly which became an addictive source of fun; shield your allies for 3k health and you get a trophy! More trophies, more rewards! What a brilliant system.

PvE side of things, far too easy. WoW has a LFRaid system in place now, but I don't mind as I've overplayed the game so I'm glad to be able to do late content without having to farm up gear and get into a guild. TOR has put an easy mode in too quickly. It takes away the fun of wiping and finally overcoming an obstacle.

From an RP perspective, I know a hell of a lot about the star wars universe. I loved it as a kid and Rped it before but one thing I've learnt is that it is one of the harder role-plays out there to get right. Looking at the classes..
Smuggler - Fun to RP, but only if you RP without combat. Most smugglers are not natural born fighters. They smuggle as a trade. You get too many Han Solos
Jedi - To be able to use the force is such a rare gift that your character will be stronger than the majority of other characters, unless they then pump up their character to be in the very small band of people that can fight off a jedi. It creates a lot of metagame and most people want to then RP a force sensative due to this.
Sith - Everyone tries to fuel their character with pure hatred and thus becomes an all powerful killing machine. Most don't even realise that Sith are weakened by there being more of them.
Bounty Hunter - Three words. All. Boba. Fetts.
Trooper - Potential for the best RP, IMO. Though, you'll find a lot of people wanting to compete with Jedi and feeling that unfair disadvantage you get from being a normal troop. That isn't to say a normal troop couldn't kill a jedi, they'd just have to get lucky.
Imp Agent - I can't say for certain, but I can imagine a lot of elite James Bond/Jason Bourne characters emerging from this, with very few being more about the infiltration and more about the stealthy snipe from afar get the job done characters.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am

One problem I'd say that Smugglers are just... Han Solo rippoffs. They even get a fucking Wookie. And Jedi Knights are a bit... to much Luke/Obi-wan etc ripoffs, getting an astro-droid. Would have been much better without those.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 am

Vaell wrote:
Jango Fett. >=|
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 am

Eowale wrote:
Vaell wrote:
Jango Fett. >=|
Jango Fett was a great character.. then Mace Windu easily beat him. That sequence was the worst in all 6 films. Even worse than Jar Jar.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Considering Mace Windu is a senior Jedi Master, it's only to be expected. It's a shame Jango Fett died so early. Sad
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Vaell wrote:
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next