Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits?

+13
Raelan
Flo
Eowale
Muzjhath
Feydor
corleth
Ave/Sariella
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lexgrad
Ron Sexton
Lyniath
Quin
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits? Empty Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits?

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 pm

This is the final (apparently) year run up to the MMO I know is on the most anticipated game of forever list (including me). What are you all hoping for? Who can't wait to roleplay in this setting? Share some news, have a bit of banter and so on!

http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

The three currently available trailers.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Helmfrid on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits? Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits?

Post by Quin Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Warhammer mmo? Again? Ugh. I'm very fucking skeptical to say the least.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits? Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try WH40k:Dark Millennium-Online when it hits?

Post by Lyniath Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Only once Sisters of Battle are in it.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Quin wrote:Warhammer mmo? Again? Ugh. I'm very fucking skeptical to say the least.

Well it's being made by a different developer and publisher and is set in the 40K universe. I do have some fear of people associating Mythics bad work with it though and skipping the game.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 pm

imma do something that i thought id never do...

Quin wrote:Warhammer mmo? Again? Ugh. I'm very fucking skeptical to say the least.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:05 pm

On paper it is very exciting! We need a Defias Chapter!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Not enought to anticipate over yet.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 am

Not enough information to be skeptical about, not enough information to anticipate over either... but its Warhammer, so I'll definitely try it out anyway.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 am

i gots to say i was duped into buying warhammer online purely by that fat animated british guy

what a twat give me my money back asshole
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 am

Feydor wrote:i gots to say i was duped into buying warhammer online purely by that fat animated british guy

you high, bredda
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 am

Corleth wrote:
Feydor wrote:i gots to say i was duped into buying warhammer online purely by that fat animated british guy

you high, bredda

There's an alcohol thread but no getting high thread, it makes me so sad I might have to get high Sad
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 am

it'd probably just be us three in a funky scented circle jerk
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 am

I can say, very much nope.

Only two MMO's I care about development on right now. World of Darkness and GW2.

Never really cared much for warhammer. Aside from painting them.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am

Muzjhath wrote:
Never really cared much for warhammer. Aside from painting them.
This.

Though, I have to admit, I have Warhammer: Mark of Chaos lying around. It was a really amazing game. Warhammer RTS? Yes plz.
Spoiler:
I've also painted this. It lies in a box somewhere on the attic.
Spoiler:
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:41 am

During a THQ investors' call held recently, it was revealed that the company is unable to deliver Warhammer 40k: Dark Millenium Online on its own and is seeking partnership opportunities with other companies.

"Because of the large financial commitment and associated risks, we are being realistic about our resources and we are actively seeking a partner for this compelling new MMO. We will keep you updated on our progress," Farrell told his investors.
Don't expect to see it anytime soon, in other words.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 pm

THQ should just produce a new CoH or finish CoHo.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:04 am

Oh damn. Where did you find this Flo?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:58 am

Tbh, I was never a fan of the tabletop game. I always saw it as that weird little hobby and I currently insult my friend (purely banter) for playing it!

BUT, the lore is pretty awesome. I've been playing Dawn of War II recently, having completed the first a year or so ago and although I'm not a fan of the second games cover systems, I'm completely engaged with the story. I'm excited for the MMO, to say the least.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:06 am

I will probably give it a go, it's 40K though and not sure how that'll translate into an MMO too well. Imagine everyone on the Imperium side picking Space Marine though if it's possible.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 am

Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 am

Helmfrid wrote:Oh damn. Where did you find this Flo?
That waaas.. MMORPG.com, who got it from Gamasutra (Linky). The 40k thing went kind of under the radar of some other sites I frequent, but there've been plenty of reports on how badly THQ has been doing as of late; latest news was that they're facing a NASDAQ delisting if they don't get their stock value up in some 4 months or so. So it's not a huge surprise they're pushing it back.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am

Well i can't wait for it to pop.. LObe both the fantasy and the 40k lore. So can't wait to see my little Eldar witch or a Imperial something Very Happy
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:57 am

On topic though, I think I'ma stick with WoW. Possibly buy GW2 as it has no sub fee, but I'll stick to WoW tbh.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27 am

Chrystan wrote:I will probably give it a go, it's 40K though and not sure how that'll translate into an MMO too well. Imagine everyone on the Imperium side picking Space Marine though if it's possible.

That's one thing they'll have to deal with, balancing space marines not just in stats and etc, but in that all the kiddies who buy will want to be the big badass space marine. It's back to the short topic on the vent thread: GW sets up Space marines as the poster boys of 40K in a way that really isn't there in Warhammer Fantasy.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next