Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

+77
Psykhe
Ave/Sariella
Ralegh
Norrian/Chezz
Eodan
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Shaelyssa
Antistia
Nessra Sunwhisper
Aladras
Coppersocket
bloop
itsy
Thelos
Gilran
Sinnadrin
Raziev
Mikasa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Rmuffn
Dharum
Killian
Feydor
Silferdrake
Meralynn / Ashla
Destiny
Flo
Amaryl
Khendran
Lorainne/Bridlington
Arathoran
Elloa
Quin
Kaleil Sunstrike
Tyrós/Cále
Eowale
Kettin
Saevir
Aluvielle
Lavian
Lyniath
The Z
Lexgrad
Astraea
Kil'drakor
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Grufftoof
Jayse
Drengi/Lokik
The Misty Beast
Geneviève
Mandui
Gilraen
Lini
Gesh
Sanara
Jeanpierre
Jakins
Chase - Esou
Nithel
Drazial
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Carandor
Dréfurion
Seranita
Muzjhath
Maelmoor
Morinth
Gahalla
Gogol
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aleric
Zhakiri
Jomir
Ixirar
81 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? Empty Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Just checking to see, as when that game comes and I'm picking my server, I might aswell pick a server that would give me the chance to play with some fellow Defias Brotherhood players!

I have so far decided that I'll be playing Republic (Either Jedi Guardian, or a Scoundrel smuggler!) and I'll be rolling on an RP server (if they add RP-PVP then I'll roll on that, but atleast something with an RP tag)

Republic players from Defias Brotherhood:

Ixirar - Jedi Knight, Human/Smuggler, Human - RP Server
Ixirar's Brother - Jedi Consular(If Ixirar rolls Jedi Knight)/Trooper(If Ixirar rolls Smuggler) - RP server (same server as Ixirar)
Gnash - Smuggler

Imperial players from Defias Brotherhood:

Vectoria - Sith Inquisitor/Imperial Agent - RP Server
Mandui - Sith Inquisitor(possibly) - Server type undecided
Frazl - Sith Inquisitor or Warrior - RP(-PVP if applicable) Server
Lazarus and Lokik - Sith something(?) - Not sure what server, but seems they'll roll on the same one atleast
Jayse - Imperial Agent (if he rolls anything) - Server type undecided(?)

Undecided:

Gruftoof - Something with a lightsaber - RP(-PVP if applicable) Server
Drustai - Imperial, Sith Inquisitor/Republic, Smuggler - RP Server
Morinth - Sith Inquisitor/Smuggler - RP server

Last edited by Ixirar on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Going mandalorian bounty hunter :3

CANT WAIT

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Jomir Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Definately something I'll try, whether I'll keep playing over wow is another question...

I'm thinking either Jedi Knight or Trooper.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:Definately something I'll try, whether I'll keep playing over wow is another question...

That. I'll play...Something with a Lightsaber...xD Haven't decided what yet.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

I will.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Not a day one buy for me, although I'll consider it depending on how well it'll do a few months after release.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 pm

I and Drengi will create a Empire.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm not really interested. If I hear nothing but good about it, I might change my mind. But not as it looks right now.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm

I waaaant. I'll fail at it. But I want it...
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:29 pm

I think it will be a good game but an average MMORPG, you can really see it's a Bioware game, which of course ain't bad, I do think it will be fun to play but it doesn't feel like an MMORPG, it's way too "instanced", where people are kept apart.

That said I might try it at some point.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Lazarus wrote:I and LOKIK will create a Empire.

Hire me! :<

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Nope.

If I only hear glowing stuff from the people who right now are doubters I might try it.

But frankly, it being set before the Original SW movies is what make's me turn away from them. Bleeeeh. Wrong era of Star Wars! (Aka, should have been set after)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Old Republic was best era

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 pm

hmm another game to sap away my rp friends *weeps*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm

I am leaning towards a 'no' I am not much of a fan of any Star Wars lore (admittedly, I don't know that much about it either), the game looks cool and lightsabers look fun..

I think I'll wait like some others to hear what they think, but I'll think I'll skip this one and go for Guild Wars 2

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 am

I think it's already fallen victim to the hype machine and will inevitably disappoint. But that's just the cynic in me. Razz Not a day one buy but I'll see how it fares later. I brought WAR day of release and look how that turned out---

I'd like to try it but I have a rubbish laptop and I'd imagine the system requirements, by the sound of it, will make my stomach churn.

Last edited by Eodain on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet
Name: Carandor Northstar
Title: Kaldorei Marine, and student of the Way

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 am

The old republic is just mostly stale and boring . . . "Look we have Jedi Police!1!"... After Empire days is so much more... rough and edgy.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 am

Not to mention it has Han Solo. *swoon*
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 am

Muzjhath wrote:The old republic is just mostly stale and boring . . . "Look we have Jedi Police!1!"... After Empire days is so much more... rough and edgy.

I'd assume the reasoning behind setting it in the Old Republic Era is because Bioware created Knights of the Old Republic, and that's why they've gone with that setting. I find the Old Republic a much more appealing setting in many ways, but the idea that it will eventually end and that we - in a sense - know how the story ends feels rather... unsatisfying.

Still going to play a Sith Inquisitor though, they look fun.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 am

Preordered and trying it.

Whether I stick with it is another story. I've been playing SWG for 7 years, so I've kind of already had my time with Star Wars RP. And the TOR era is shit compared to the GCW era.

But we'll see.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:56 am

It's a Bioware game and it is story based. That is two things that I think will make it a great game. For me. I sort of expect that it will suffer gameplay wise. In that aspect it will be just like another MMO. Graphics will be a polished version of what I saw in the KotOR games. Things I can live with.

Five reasons I'm going to play it:
1) Bioware made it
2) I'm a Star Wars fan
3) Full voice acting
4) Class stories
5) Force Lightning

And I preordered the Collector's Edition for a lovely 150 euros. So I'm commited.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazial Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 am

Looks bloody terrible from my point of view. Not a particularly heavy star wars fan, but I think even the die-hards will take a look at this and grind their teeth at alot of the janky aspects. Combat and graphical style just doesn't look to do it for me from what I've seen of gameplay videos.

Will give it a shot, not expecting the world!
Drazial
Drazial

Character sheet
Name: Drazial Legraine
Title: Commander of The Lady Proudmoore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 am

Havn't preordered and I won't buy it at launch. But I'll definitely give it a swirl sometime in 2012.

I look forward to a story-driven MMO. I loved the personal touch in DC:Universe Online where you kind of had your own thing going. Not sure on what to expect from Star Wars RP as I don't know anything from the universe.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:08 am

I've no idea what I'll do, tbh. :/ Someone should remote control me when a big new MMO is launched, I don't trust myself.
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 am

Oskar wrote:I've no idea what I'll do, tbh. :/ Someone should remote control me when a big new MMO is launched, I don't trust myself.
we can tie you to a mast til the storm clears?

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next