Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

+77
Psykhe
Ave/Sariella
Ralegh
Norrian/Chezz
Eodan
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Shaelyssa
Antistia
Nessra Sunwhisper
Aladras
Coppersocket
bloop
itsy
Thelos
Gilran
Sinnadrin
Raziev
Mikasa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Rmuffn
Dharum
Killian
Feydor
Silferdrake
Meralynn / Ashla
Destiny
Flo
Amaryl
Khendran
Lorainne/Bridlington
Arathoran
Elloa
Quin
Kaleil Sunstrike
Tyrós/Cále
Eowale
Kettin
Saevir
Aluvielle
Lavian
Lyniath
The Z
Lexgrad
Astraea
Kil'drakor
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Grufftoof
Jayse
Drengi/Lokik
The Misty Beast
Geneviève
Mandui
Gilraen
Lini
Gesh
Sanara
Jeanpierre
Jakins
Chase - Esou
Nithel
Drazial
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Carandor
Dréfurion
Seranita
Muzjhath
Maelmoor
Morinth
Gahalla
Gogol
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aleric
Zhakiri
Jomir
Ixirar
81 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Jakins Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:33 am

I've heard nothing but crap about it, especially the PvP and what they've decided to remove from the game. It seemed pretty cool at first, but now it's turned into the typical publicity stunt of an MMO.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 am

It probably won't be as bad as they say it is. It probably won't be as good as they say it is. In the end, it won't change the world, it won't be the novelty the designers think it is, and it will be just another game designed to entertain. And it will entertain.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 am

It's Star Wars... anything Star Wars turns into a novelty because of the fanboys. (I am putting Fans and Fanboys in two different places here)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Well, I'm preordering this with collector's ed, then playing one of each class for the sake of RP and interesting looking PvE.

Also I can stab Sith in the face with a Combat Knife. All your arguments are invalid.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 pm

I've not really been paying much attention since the Star Wars universe isn't my cup of tea, but I wouldn't mind seeing how the game progresses.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Spoiler:

So long as I get some of this.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Morinth wrote:
Spoiler:

"Galactic Rum with Spice"?
Are you sure it's the Star Wars universe we should be looking at and not, say, the Dune universe?
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 pm

I really like the older SW lore and I like the Sith more before the Rule of Two. Big fan of Bioware but the combat doesn't look as interesting as I'd hoped... hrmph torn...
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:41 am

Lini wrote:
Morinth wrote:
Spoiler:

"Galactic Rum with Spice"?
Are you sure it's the Star Wars universe we should be looking at and not, say, the Dune universe?

Drugs in SW are called spice.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilraen Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Never was much of a Star wars fan and what I have seen so far makes me baffled for all the hype around this game. Then again I am biased towards Warhammer40k when it comes to space stuff.

Still I will definately keep an eye on this one and perhaps check it a month or two after its release.
Gilraen
Gilraen

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Gilraen wrote:Never was much of a Star wars fan and what I have seen so far makes me baffled for all the hype around this game. Then again I am biased towards Warhammer40k when it comes to space stuff.

Still I will definately keep an eye on this one and perhaps check it a month or two after its release.
I always considered Star Wars to be a fantasy setting that just happens to take place in space.

Then again, that might be because I prefer hard sci-fi. Or hard-ish.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Star Wars is fantasy that just happen to take place in space.
No matter how you try to "science" it up the force will always be magic. Magic doesn't belong in Science Fiction period.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilraen Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Didn't Lucas define it as some sort of Space opera or something?

As for "magic" I do not agree. All depends on how it is intermingled with the story/lore/setting.
Gilraen
Gilraen

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Space Opera is when you have a story set in a huge univers with tons of planets and is epic in one way or another.
Star Wars, Star Trek, the Commonwealth Saga = Space Opera.
Starship troopers (novel, not the movie), Neuromancer, Fallen Dragon = Sci Fi with space element but not space opera.

And Aleric, "Science Fantasy" is generally seen more as a sub-genre of Fantasy than of Science fiction (do not ask me why... just how I most often see it). Even tho it could be "Fantasy Sci-fi" as easy as "Science Fantasy".

And Gilraen, what would you call lifting a space ship that most likely weights in at over a tonne with just your mind if not magic?
Doesn't matter if it is a lifeforce that can be explained through microscoping beeings that are pulled to one or the other to give them power. (That more or less seemed introduced to me as a paniced way of saying "THE FORCE HAS SCIENTIFIC EXPLNTION!11one!"
No matter how you dress it up, what story you write into a universe, or what colour it flashes in.
If there is a power that let you lift things with your mind, see the future, shoot bloody lightning bolts out of your fingers, move in ways others can't (jump 20 meters etc (Without wearing a power suit or something)) ... Well, if you wouldn't call that magic I don't know what I would call you.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm

What magic is a matter of perspective and your awareness of the world. A TV set and a remote would seem like magic to some people. The equivalent in a fantasy setting would be astral projection or a sophisticated illusion spell. A cell phone would be telepathy. The interwebs is another dimension of pure thought and energy.

Of course, we have settings where magic is not explained at all. It's simply fantastical. Lord of the Rings is one such setting.

Last edited by Aleric on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 pm

I actually, sorta wanna try this.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Alright, seems like there's some decent interest from Defias(?) in this game! I'll likely be rolling as Jedi with my RL brother, but if more defias'ers would be interested in rolling on the same server as me, as Republic, then how about we (when the time comes that the server list is revealed and we can actually plan these things)

So, to make a list of who will be going imp and who will be going republic, so we may have reference points! If you want on the list, make a post after this one stating your planned faction and server type (RP, PVP or PVE, they haven't announced RP PVP servers yet so if you state that as your server type make sure to specify if you'd roll PVP or RP realm if RP PVP doesn't make it in) and if you have decided, do add your class too!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:33 pm

RP server for me, most likely casually gaming on my brothers account whilst hes at work. (MWHAHAHAH).

I intend to be a sith of sorts, probably either the agent or the Inquisitor.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 pm

RP server, most likely Republic Smuggler, but maybe Sith Inquisitor.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm

SITHSITHSITH.

Failing that, a smuggler >Very Happy Good old space piracy.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Yep, I will be trying out, although I'm in no rush to do so immediately after it's released. I'm not sure about the type of server yet, I am considering however to go dark side and try a Sith Inquisitor...*evil cackle* I won't be staying if the PvP system sucks though(there are a few things indicating that it might >_<).
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:42 pm

It uses a clickable 'skills' based system. It's going to suck. D:
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Geneviève wrote:It uses a clickable 'skills' based system. It's going to suck. D:

The ability system is similar to WoW, and according to my sources(*coughcough*), Class balance is -very- well done even at the current point in beta (tanks are lacking due to a bugged guard ability (guard is a tank ability that you can cast on your friends, as long as the guarded player stays within x yards of you, you will redirect 50% of the damage done to that player to yourself, sort of a soul link) but can definitely do their part in the Warfronts)

Aside from that, the three Warfronts I've heard about has been an 8v8 Battle for Gilneas, an Isle of Conquest style map (take turns invading an enemy space ship, fastest successful invasion wins) and a game called "Hutt Ball" on Nar Shadaa, which I am not entirely sure about the exact objectives. I'd assume it'd be a 1flag CTF (neutral flag in the middle, bring it to either the enemy goal or your own to score) but I am by no means sure.

All in all though, I've only heard good things about the game (aside from apparently non-existant costumisation of the UI(possibly due to it being a beta version and months off release. Enough feedback on it will no doubt get some costumisation in for the UI, BioWare has had a habit of listening to players throughout the SWTOR Development), and the only "big" issues I've heard of are the ones that are related to bugs and/or Work In Progress features.

Also, Morinth, you rolling on an RP server I assume?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 pm

RP(-PvP) Server and roll an Inquisitor or Warrior. I just have a feeling they'll be the DK-s of the game and be largely represented by morons, making the proper players stand out. ... /flex

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next