Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheriff of Westfall

+24
Chase - Esou
Kristeas Sunbinder
Cathee Norris
Ledgic
Nithel
Timna
Geneviève
Demurral
Ave/Sariella
Ataris
Raelan
Kil'drakor
Antistia
Jayse
Valerias
Magaskawee/Anaei
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Geldar
Gunnell
Mandui
Jehorius
Etular
Zinkle Figgins
Rmuffn
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sheriff of Westfall - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheriff of Westfall

Post by Timna Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Without giving worth a damn of who gets what title and whatnot (which is, really, not the subject here!)

Won't it be difficult to roleplay in Westfall? I'm pretty sure the entire Sentinel Hill is phased.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Ave wrote:As for the actual subject i feel starting with sheriff would be nice enough, possibly working your way up if that's what you want.
Exactly. Through some events like investigations (Horation Lane anyone?) or riot control (Westfall hobos and low life could revolt any moment) you could earn your ranks in a realistic and indeed funnier way.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Ataris wrote:
-No one- is granted -anything- authority wise outside their own guild. There is no head of a game community like this, anyone who claims otherwise needs some checking. You earn everything and only from particular individuals(in this case, your guild).

Claiming authority and expecting people to listen outside your guild based on nothing but titles and backstory you've claimed is retarded, and sadly happens far too much on this server for my personal taste.
I very much agree with this. It's somewhat of a shame.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Timna wrote:Without giving worth a damn of who gets what title and whatnot (which is, really, not the subject here!)

Won't it be difficult to roleplay in Westfall? I'm pretty sure the entire Sentinel Hill is phased.

It is phased, yes, but it's hardly difficult to complete the chain, it'd take like 25 minutes on any character above 30. As to the whole subject, feel free to take such a rank up in Westfall. If you want to create RP there, then it's perfectly understandable for you to take up a position whereby people would have a reason, IC'ly, to take heed of anything you say.

However, if someone were to RP a character in Westfall these days, you, along with all of sentinel hill, would be considered 'GIANT ARSE FACES'. The community there is pretty much jotting your names down on a hate list for their entire day.

As to the wonderful bitchfest about titles, /care, stop wasting your time and bumping heads for no damn reason. You can bite at each other all day but it isn't going to make any difference, so why bother?
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Question is though does Westfall ever leave the phase of being set alight, Defias fighting the Guards, etc, etc after you complete the "Talk to Varian" quest? I can see that being a pretty big kick in the bollocks for any type of roleplay there even if its focused on Moonbrook/Farmsteads, etc.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:16 pm

I haven't checked back recently, but, I'm under the assumption that it doesn't stop burning, no.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Timna wrote:Without giving worth a damn of who gets what title and whatnot (which is, really, not the subject here!)

It won't be hard or boring for me to RP in Westfall, I don't think anyone will get bored. It's beautiful there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:22 pm

I think the issue with Westfall is how its very much focused on the more 'mundane' peasant lifestyle of working on farms, complaining about how the weather isn't 'blessing' your crops, getting your rifle out to scare off the odd Defias thief. Most people's main characters are above this, even the 'common' soldier tends to be. For the most part this means your main population will be alts trying to fit into the commoner roll and as always with alts there is the issue with activity. The Defias themselves are pretty much a better organised more sinister "Robin Hood and his Merry Men" which mostly consist of thieves, desperate homeless people, heck even Anti-Heroes and not your typical dark leather clad, ninja assassin, anime-esq rogue.

Eh, is Moonbrook phased hostile after the quest chain? If not, I suggest focusing on there and setting up the Inn; they always go down a treat.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:55 pm

As far as I know, westfall stays burning and in conflict once you finish the questchain to get the defias rocking.

However I wouldn't let that stop me.

"OI STOP PUTTING YOUR CIGS OUT ON THE GRASS, BLOODY FIRES EVERY FIVE MINUTES!"
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Faralan Thorgint wrote:
Good morning. I just felt like saying that Kardonir - Liuetenant, rank below the Dank'thar - Warlord, aka, Elegost, whom is inactive due to irl. Someone needs to lead the army, yeah? Isn't a big rank I have, but one I earned. Simply put.

My apologies - I jumped to assumptions (which isn't really hard, seeing as all you Arathorians have fancy titles Razz ). In that sense, I was more in reference to your leaders. I agree fully with Gunnell's first post - "Lord of This", "Queen of That"; and yet everyone makes a huge kerfuffle over some guy calling himself "Sheriff". Shows how much of an ego some RPers have. Laughing "I can have titles, but you can't - 'cos I'm all special and respected!"
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 pm

I think titles are good. It's what makes the server interesting. There's been so many titles circling around and the majority of them has enriched the server with what it is today.

I say give it a go. If you do a great job people will accept it and RP along with you as is my case. If not well, you can always, always start over with a new character. So don't be scared to try new things Smile
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:I think titles are good. It's what makes the server interesting. There's been so many titles circling around and the majority of them has enriched the server with what it is today.

I say give it a go. If you do a great job people will accept it and RP along with you as is my case. If not well, you can always, always start over with a new character. So don't be scared to try new things Smile
*Likes*
Thank you, Saihna.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:21 pm

The guild I had, 'The Blue Templars' is now changed to 'The Westfall Lawmen'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:50 pm

You could always just call it 'the Westfall Fire Brigade.'
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Aniane/Vale wrote:You could always just call it 'the Westfall Fire Brigade.'
No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Etular wrote:
Faralan Thorgint wrote:
Good morning. I just felt like saying that Kardonir - Liuetenant, rank below the Dank'thar - Warlord, aka, Elegost, whom is inactive due to irl. Someone needs to lead the army, yeah? Isn't a big rank I have, but one I earned. Simply put.

My apologies - I jumped to assumptions (which isn't really hard, seeing as all you Arathorians have fancy titles Razz ). In that sense, I was more in reference to your leaders. I agree fully with Gunnell's first post - "Lord of This", "Queen of That"; and yet everyone makes a huge kerfuffle over some guy calling himself "Sheriff". Shows how much of an ego some RPers have. Laughing "I can have titles, but you can't - 'cos I'm all special and respected!"

I don't think anyone ever said he 'couldn't' have the title. They offered creative criticism in the form of earning the title and most specifically the trouble with westfall namely phasing.

I personally think that anything that brings rp to frankly deserted areas is a good thing.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Wouldn't the logic of "It looks like a duck, it acts like a duck, so it must be a duck" work in a way for IC titles. Well, you'll need a couple of people that you rp with. But if you act like a sheriff and are seen as a sheriff, if you want it or not, I imagine the people you rp with would just call you a sheriff because that would be easiest.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 pm

I will organize patrols of 2-3 men at a time around Duskwood - Westfall.
I do my best to act, work, and have the suitive personality and RP, for the Sheriff.
Goodnight folks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:51 pm

gr8 thread would read again

OP, just go ahead, knock yourself out. I'm a bit jelly of the idea to be honest, hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Also Ataris = mvp of defiasrp. And Gunnell's right, although it sucks having to admit it Sad
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 am

Mortima wrote:No, no. You misunderstood my point; on the basis of spreading out RP, I support it fully - but! When we have more RP hubs growing: e.g Gilneas, Duskwood, etc. We're slowly breaking up the close-knit bonds of RPers, forcing them to have to split to find RP. If we continue to structure more RP hubs, with our limited quantity of RPers we will end up with 2-3 RPers a hub... I quite frankly, wouldn't see enjoyment in turning up to a deserted 'RP hub'.

Well splitting it all up would support the Errant Knights role play possibilities as they would be moving from town to town assisting the alliance, fighting for Justice. Instead of just fighting off some cultists because some NPC's would be in danger, it would give some sense if they fought for Roleplayers whom actually is threated by these other players. Making it a lot different rp to see new faces were ever they went.
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 am

Well splitting it all up would support the Errant Knights role play possibilities as they would be moving from town to town assisting the alliance, fighting for Justice. Instead of just fighting off some cultists because some NPC's would be in danger, it would give some sense if they fought for Roleplayers whom actually is threated by these other players. Making it a lot different rp to see new faces were ever they went.[/quote]

You mean that it would be great for you?
What do you mean with Errant Knights? " The Broken Sword "?

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Mortima wrote:No, no. You misunderstood my point; on the basis of spreading out RP, I support it fully - but! When we have more RP hubs growing: e.g Gilneas, Duskwood, etc. We're slowly breaking up the close-knit bonds of RPers, forcing them to have to split to find RP. If we continue to structure more RP hubs, with our limited quantity of RPers we will end up with 2-3 RPers a hub... I quite frankly, wouldn't see enjoyment in turning up to a deserted 'RP hub'.

I do not agree at all here. First of all I do not think people would keep using a hub with only 2-3 players unless they really enjoyed just being 2-3 players. Secondly I think spreading the RP can never be a bad thing, especially as it makes more players see it, get awed and want to try RP out for themselves. There will always be stuff going on in SW but not everyone wants to be there all the time. I think it is nothing but positive that players get more locations to RP on! Also my dream would be a realm where you can find random RP wherever you are. Smile

To the OP: Go ahead and call yourself sheriff as long as you act as one, I think it is an excellent idea! As GM's don't hand out RP titles anyone who wishes to have one is free to take it. And as many else have already pointed out other players will play along if you play it well.
I wish you the best of luck!
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Tack du snälla Meralynn. Smile
Thank you Meralynn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 pm

You mean that it would be great for you?
What do you mean with Errant Knights? " The Broken Sword "?
Legacy of Dawn, the guild we're in. Razz

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Good for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content