Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much would you pay for Role-play?

+23
Antistia
Nayan
Saevir
Grufftoof
Shaelyssa
Seranita
Gahalla
Chase - Esou
Geldar
Ledgic
Gunnell
Mandui
Ephitos / Amarachus
Aadaria-Ioanna
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Elloa
Kil'drakor
itsy
Sir Lancelot
Cathee Norris
Melnerag
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How much would you pay for Role-play? - Page 3 Empty Re: How much would you pay for Role-play?

Post by Muzjhath Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:38 am

Elloa wrote:It became a job.
Somewhat unrelated to point 1, but goes on the one about paying to be in a guild atleast.
On very many levels being a guild leader, and to some extent officer, of a big guild -is- a job. More than a fulltime one, with all the resonsibilities you have, and quite often less rewarding (Drama lamas are everywhere). So saying something is bad just because it might "become a job" is something I kind of find unvaild.
The "OOC"/entrance gold bit, even if it is -extra- might go along with the character concept in that you roleplay a greedy bastard who only wants to mingle with the elite. Not something that good, but then the extra gold is even in character.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay for Role-play? - Page 3 Empty Re: How much would you pay for Role-play?

Post by Nayan Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 am

1) Under the same circumstances I'd RP anything, yes I would. I wouldn't "pay 50g to find rp" or something, but if my RP led me there, I wouldn't mind paying the fee. It's just pixels.

2) No. People who run guilds that way deserve respect. But not to "get paid for it". If they want a fee, they lose all the qualities that give them respect in the first place, the motives are completely wrong. And when the motives are wrong, you can be sure the result (short term or long term) will be flawed.

3) No. See above.

4) No. I already pay them for that service and they fail miserably at delivering the goods.

5) Perhaps. Same as #1, it depends if my RP led me there, mostly. In this case, I just might do that so I have something to keep me occupied, even, idk. I'm not negative towards it, though.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Heh, interessting discussion came out of it. Anyway, people pay on regular bases for recustomization/race-change/faction-change/transfer. I am not sure how often these services are used, but when they are used by RPers it is mostly for RP purposes. Alternative would be to re-level a character. So, at the core of it, you pay RL money to save time.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 pm

I had some evenings where I ran a wee tavern with my dwarf called "The Honest Traveller Tavern" I used to charge people for the wares that they bought, usually at a 50%-75% discount of what they cost from the vendor (Dalaran red, white etc. etc.), and often gave stuff away free.
As I thought it made them have even more fun while being there.

It was mainly the people who enjoyed the service that kept me supplied with gold from contributions that they gave, (Giving me X-amount of gold as a gift).

And that worked fine for me, and I wouldn't want it any other way myself.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

On very many levels being a guild leader, and to some extent officer, of a big guild -is- a job. More than a fulltime one, with all the resonsibilities you have, and quite often less rewarding (Drama lamas are everywhere). So saying something is bad just because it might "become a job" is something I kind of find unvaild

Having lead or beeing officer in all guild I've been in since Vanilla (big, small, RP, PVE, PVP), I'm really aware about that. But it has been my choice. My plasure. My pride.
If I've been paid for it..would have I felt the same plasure by doing the job ? And my guildies would have maybe (certainly) be more exigent, more demanding..as after all, they pay for it. So they really have this time, the right to complain.
This would drive to drama x 100 Im sure of it. So..it would ruin all possibilities of having nice relationship with your guildmembers. (or atleast making things more difficult)
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 pm

On very many levels being a guild leader, and to some extent officer, of a big guild -is- a job. More than a fulltime one, with all the resonsibilities you have, and quite often less rewarding (Drama lamas are everywhere). So saying something is bad just because it might "become a job" is something I kind of find unvaild

This, oh god, this. Not saying it's not rewarding or anything but leading a guild tends to be quite the task.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Antistia wrote:

This, oh god, this. Not saying it's not rewarding or anything but leading a guild tends to be quite the task.

I just execute people for insubordination.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 am

Bennedict wrote:I had some evenings where I ran a wee tavern with my dwarf called "The Honest Traveller Tavern" I used to charge people for the wares that they bought, usually at a 50%-75% discount of what they cost from the vendor (Dalaran red, white etc. etc.), and often gave stuff away free.
As I thought it made them have even more fun while being there.

It was mainly the people who enjoyed the service that kept me supplied with gold from contributions that they gave, (Giving me X-amount of gold as a gift).
And that worked fine for me, and I wouldn't want it any other way myself.

''Keep the change!'' ;D
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:45 pm

I'd never pay for anything "extra" that doesn't really deserve it. Heck a free chat room is basically enough to roleplay in...

However, I'm usually willing to help my guild with financial means to set up VOIP servers and running proper forums/websites, arrange for servers for certain games etc, etc etc.

But paying people for their work they do in a game? I would never pay for that, nor would I accept payment for that.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am

I would not pay in game gold or RL money over what the normal subscription is to RP in a game. The idea of doing so is just.... Brain aching!

Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 am

Antistia wrote:

It is. That's why guildleaders tend to despise ungrateful guildmembers, whether they show it or keep it to themselves. ;p
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 am

Nayan wrote:
Antistia wrote:

It is. That's why guildleaders tend to despise ungrateful guildmembers, whether they show it or keep it to themselves. ;p

Ayup. Appen.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Yes to the last two
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3