Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwinder's Guide to Role-play

+8
Gogol
Sorayah
Samian/Bismack
Grim
Grufftoof
Vaell
Thelos
Melnerag
12 posters

Go down

Stormwinder's Guide to Role-play Empty Stormwinder's Guide to Role-play

Post by Melnerag Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Moodsetter picture&music:

Welcome chaps, sit down and enjoy this fine presentation of the magnificent Stormwinder's Guide to Role-play. Let's get some trash out of the way first, shall we? This is the World of Warcraft , an heir to the proud legacy of Orcs&Humans. Who can tell me what that means? No, put your hand down you dolt, it was a rhetorical question. This means that this game is about Orcs (Bad Guys) and Humans (Good Guys). Bad guys in the stories are there to be killed and thousand humiliating ways, so no sane man should role-play orcs. That's right, gentlemen, if you consider a serious carreer in role-playing, you should roll a human.

Now that we have gotten all that nonsense about troll-RP and what have you of the way, let us get some nomenclature down. First of all, I wish to define "The City". The City is, of course, The Stormwind City and is the world capital of role-play. All serious interraction happens on the streets and in the many fine taverns of this fine jewel of the Eastern Kingdoms. This is where the drama unfolds, where fortunes are made and lost, where guards clash with criminals and lighties fight cultists every night. This is the place to be. Next there is "Adventure Land", which is all the area that is not inside Stormwind. One should not venture into Adventure land for any prolonged periods of time, as fine Stormwind lads such as ourselves have no business being waste-heigh in swamps, have we? Adventure Land is to be entered when one wants to fight the "Horde" or kill some stuff, of course no proper story-development or serious RP is allowed in Adventure land - that belongs in The City. It is damn distasteful, those daft little idiots who think they can find worthwhile role-play outside of the City! Ha. Adventure Land, chaps, is a distraction.

Now, those who do cross Adventure Land may find themselves in places like Exodar, or Ironforge or better yet Shattrath. Welcome to the Exotic Frontier, place to odd customs, alluring women (not in Ironforge) and foreign cuisine. A fine Stormwind gentleman such as yourself should treat the Exotic Frontier as a theme-park to rest his tired soul from the pressure of the serious role-play in The City and the unscripted perils of Adventure Land. You guessed that only second-class people would ever conceive of such a silly idea as to roll one of the Exotic Races as their main.

Patriotic sons and daughters of Stormwind carry a weighty Citizen’s Burden, it is our duty as more advanced, more sophisticated and more classy role-players to educate our lesser savage brethren in the Exotic Frontier. We must not encourage their delusions by boycotting any laughable attempts they make at Serious Role-playing and instead enlighten them and invite them to come over to the City to do their thing. Some races of the Exotic Frontier are so entranced with our superior culture that they chose to mimic our glorious Institution of the Stormwind Council with their own Circles, Squares and Senates. Don’t let that make you angry, chaps. Let Savages play at their toy politics, real stuff is happening in the City. A fine gentleman should attend such meetings only for their novelty and to ogle exotic women (Not in Ironforge) and listen to tales of savages and their savage history.

Now that the presentation is over, head back into the City and do your people proud by bearing the Citizen’s burden and bringing civilization to the savages of the Frontier!

Don't look here. MASSIVE SPOILER:

Last edited by Melnerag on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Stormwinder's Guide to Role-play Empty Re: Stormwinder's Guide to Role-play

Post by Thelos Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Spoiler:
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

All jokes aside, I have one pet hate in Stormwind RPers! So many people who rp around the city never interact with the bloody cold winds! It is Stormwind for a reason!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Nonsense. The humans who settled in the region now known as Stormwind merely named their city after their unfortunate nickname, given by the erstwhile elven allies, and due to their particularly legume-rich diet.

Obviously.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:36 pm

You win an internet point for making me chuckle at work.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 pm

fuck Stormwind you wont ever find me there there's no quality rp found anywhere close neither, I have to go all across oceans but that still does not really cut it for me. All in all I am honestly too good to even be doing something as nerdy as this whole roleplaying thing, nerds.

Spoiler:
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Melnerag wrote: magnificent
Did Vazimond give you permission to use his title here? Twisted Evil
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 am

I like the soundtrack, I really do
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 am

Points for making me giggle like hell!

Vaell wrote:All jokes aside, I have one pet hate in Stormwind RPers! So many people who rp around the city never interact with the bloody cold winds! It is Stormwind for a reason!

I do XD Simmy is currently 99% of the time wearing a thick fur cloak because ITS FREEZING AND WINTER!

Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Nice.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

There is an adventure land?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 pm

I didn't open the picture/music attachment until after reading, and by that stage I just knew it'd be something like the colonial gentleman-adventurer.

Well done! Heartily enjoyed reading it, and hopefully some don't take it too seriously. Not everything has to be awfully serious and dramatic.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 pm

What?!! You're saying you've never been?!
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down