Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers

5 posters

Go down

[A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers Empty [A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers

Post by Rhena Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:10 am

You can see posters around the city of Stormwind

Rhena Oxley wrote:Do you possess knowledge of a school of magic or another interesting magical topic and are willing to share your knowledge with the citizens of Stormwind?
The Stormwind Ministery of Magic is searching for able magic users for lectures. Knowledge is power, especially in a time like this.
Contact Rhena Oxley or Nerion Strongcrest of Ministry of Magic to offer your services and discuss the topic. The lecturer will be paid accordingly.
Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Name: Rhena Oxley
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers Empty Re: [A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers

Post by Skarain Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:31 am

OOC:

A letter arrive to the officer of Stormwind Ministry of Defence in a simple envelope with no sender attached on the front. The envelope is sealed with a blue wax seal bearing the mark of a blue flame. The letter is not magical in any way, though some spells have been cast on it that cause it magical signature to deteriorate on an accelerated pace. The letter within is written with azure colour ink.

Greetings, most honoured 'tower mages' and other self-important official of Stormwind.

My name is Skarain Feirand and I am the public speaker of The Azure Flame, a collective of independent spellcasters. While my hands are relatively full in preparing the opening of a enchanting and arcane crafts business in the fair flying city of Dalaran, I am willing to enter negotiations about lecturing of magic in Stormwind to bulk up my income.

I am well aware that my name is mostly associated with those wonderful Wanted Posters that the Senate of Ironforge saw fit to set up, so I shall be sharing a word or two of my expertise, as I am afraid the previously mentioned cover up my knowledge only with "forbidden, dangerous, do not engage, report immediately to officials", which is dreadfully miss-informative.

I have studied magic actively since Cataclysm, which opened up many doors to those of us who hail from Gilneas. Obviously, it does not look very good if I were to write that my first mentor was a Warlock, the one after that a Blood Mage, or the third and the most latest one being a Necromancer and an Archmage whose head is wanted on a spike by the Alliance.

Oh, did I go and write just what I were not supposed to write? My most sincere of apologises. I am afraid some of us are cursed with striving for honesty. I shall take utmost care to lie my face off to you in the next life.

Sarcastic comments and my utmost irk towards your justice system aside, I am not on an agenda to spread word of the glory of the dark arts. They are a means to an end, but not something I would personally advice to be taught or lectured about to simply anyone. Besides, I am pretty sure 'that type' of lectures would quickly cause someone to lose their Minister of Magic position, as it happens to be that the Alliance is not very open-minded about the arts, with the exception of using them far-away from public eyes as another tool of war.

There is no official records to back up my claim, but I am studied into the Arcane arts under the tutelage of Archmage Drustai of Koramor, and have continue my studies independently since my master was driven into exile.

I am studied into all Nine schools of arcane arts, with most emphasis on Evocation, Enchantment, Transmutation, Abjuration and Necromancy. I am able to lecture about any of them, of the nature of magic, to the basics of how the physical realm is constructed and what universal forces have and continue to influence our world. "How to counter" - lectures are also up for discussion, depending on your wants and needs.

There is much more that I know, but I am not here to write an essay for a wizened wizard to read, for I am no student under the mage towers. Never have been, never will be. However, I do not mind sharing some of what i know to the curious, given a reason good enough or the value of the words in gold.

Should you see a need a reason to negotiate with this "outlawed hedge wizard", they can be found in The Legerdemain Lounge, in the Neutral flying city of Dalaran, on the coast of Broken Isles. You may either ask by name from the innkeeper, or grab one of the posters from Khaz'modan and go by physical description alone.

You may also send a letter. The address will be the same.

Best regards,

Skarain Feirand
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers Empty Re: [A] Ministry of Magic is looking for lecturers

Post by Edwin Manaspark Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 pm

A paper glider finds its way into the Minister of Magic's office and onto the appropriate desk, seemingly able to fly on its own accord. If it were to be unfolded, it would contain a letter written in a precise hand, all in the Common language:

Greetings, Magic-Minister(s) of Stormwind! Your posters suggested that you were in need of a skilled mage, and you can rest assured that I am indeed a mage... and arguably a skilled one at that!

Excuse the strange method of transport, but postage fees are getting incredibly unreasonable nowadays, and I do see that it got your attention at the very least. Besides, it's much more fun to deliver letters this way - all through the power of magic, too!

Oh, what am I thinking, I should introduce myself! My name is Edthil Manaspark, a wizard of the Kirin Tor (unemployed, too, at the time of this letter's writing) and master of Conjuration, Transmutation and Enchantment - though I do also dabble in Illusion from time to time.

Before I continue, I must stress that if your job concerns politicking or senseless murder, I have no interest in it. I am no battle-mage, and my days of using magic as a weapon are long-gone. Though, what I can teach is that magic should be appreciated as a form of art, not just a way to summon fire and lightning to leave your enemies slowly burning in an agonising death... and such.

There are valuable things for amateur mages to learn which do not concern warfare, things that are often overlooked in many magical colleges... such as the art of summoning tea and cookies! While these things may seem trivial at first glance, they serve to enrich the arcanist's life, and provide a wider field of knowledge - and who doesn't like cookies?

Anyways, I'll keep this short - if you want to send a quick reply, just write on the other side and throw the glider back out of the window; it'll make its way back to me promptly.
Edwin Manaspark
Edwin Manaspark

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:16 pm

((Thank you for your letters, I am sorry for not answering them yet, I will get on it tomorrow I promise!!))
Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

text copy for ease of reading:

Last edited by Azapha on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phenoa Firehart Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:18 pm

A Sealed letter bearing a wax stamp of a snowflake and deer is delivered to the ministry by what appears to be some kind of knight. he exudes a cold feeling of emptiness as he enters. interacting with no-one other than to simply pass the letter to whomever seems most competent and getting it the the correct location.

Greetings Minister(s?)

i have been made aware that you are seeking lecturers to lift the veil of mysteries that is the magical arts.
i would love to help with this.
my background knowledge originated in druidism and has since stemmed into 'other' fields.
if i were to sum up the lessons i could offer i would say that "abstract magical arts" would be the appropriate title.
i would be able to cover topics such as: alternative healing magics, situational adaptation of spells, extraplanar studies
and probably a few others if i sat and planned.
from the titles i'm sure you can understand that these would not be suited for those new to the use or research of magic
but are aimed to expand the understanding of those already possessing a degree of knowledge.

if what i have written here appeals please write your response overleaf along with details of your availibility to meet and discuss the matter further, then place the letter into the envelope i enclosed and i shal reply in due course.

- Lunaious Frosthart

[sidenote: roughly 10 seconds after the reply is placed into the envolope it will combust into a brilliant purple flame]

Phenoa Firehart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Skarain wrote:
OOC:

A letter arrive to the officer of Stormwind Ministry of Defence in a simple envelope with no sender attached on the front. The envelope is sealed with a blue wax seal bearing the mark of a blue flame. The letter is not magical in any way, though some spells have been cast on it that cause it magical signature to deteriorate on an accelerated pace. The letter within is written with azure colour ink.

Greetings, most honoured 'tower mages' and other self-important official of Stormwind.

My name is Skarain Feirand and I am the public speaker of The Azure Flame, a collective of independent spellcasters. While my hands are relatively full in preparing the opening of a enchanting and arcane crafts business in the fair flying city of Dalaran, I am willing to enter negotiations about lecturing of magic in Stormwind to bulk up my income.

I am well aware that my name is mostly associated with those wonderful Wanted Posters that the Senate of Ironforge saw fit to set up, so I shall be sharing a word or two of my expertise, as I am afraid the previously mentioned cover up my knowledge only with "forbidden, dangerous, do not engage, report immediately to officials", which is dreadfully miss-informative.

I have studied magic actively since Cataclysm, which opened up many doors to those of us who hail from Gilneas. Obviously, it does not look very good if I were to write that my first mentor was a Warlock, the one after that a Blood Mage, or the third and the most latest one being a Necromancer and an Archmage whose head is wanted on a spike by the Alliance.

Oh, did I go and write just what I were not supposed to write? My most sincere of apologises. I am afraid some of us are cursed with striving for honesty. I shall take utmost care to lie my face off to you in the next life.

Sarcastic comments and my utmost irk towards your justice system aside, I am not on an agenda to spread word of the glory of the dark arts. They are a means to an end, but not something I would personally advice to be taught or lectured about to simply anyone. Besides, I am pretty sure 'that type' of lectures would quickly cause someone to lose their Minister of Magic position, as it happens to be that the Alliance is not very open-minded about the arts, with the exception of using them far-away from public eyes as another tool of war.

There is no official records to back up my claim, but I am studied into the Arcane arts under the tutelage of Archmage Drustai of Koramor, and have continue my studies independently since my master was driven into exile.

I am studied into all Nine schools of arcane arts, with most emphasis on Evocation, Enchantment, Transmutation, Abjuration and Necromancy. I am able to lecture about any of them, of the nature of magic, to the basics of how the physical realm is constructed and what universal forces have and continue to influence our world. "How to counter" - lectures are also up for discussion, depending on your wants and needs.

There is much more that I know, but I am not here to write an essay for a wizened wizard to read, for I am no student under the mage towers. Never have been, never will be. However, I do not mind sharing some of what i know to the curious, given a reason good enough or the value of the words in gold.

Should you see a need a reason to negotiate with this "outlawed hedge wizard", they can be found in The Legerdemain Lounge, in the Neutral flying city of Dalaran, on the coast of Broken Isles. You may either ask by name from the innkeeper, or grab one of the posters from Khaz'modan and go by physical description alone.

You may also send a letter. The address will be the same.

Best regards,

Skarain Feirand

To, Skarain Feinrand.

I do apologize for the late response for your letter and I want to thank you for your offer. However, unfortunatelly the Ministry of Magic can not accept you as one of their lecturer due to your reputation and status in Ironforge. Stormwind City would not like to risk their relations to Ironforge. I hope you do not take this as personal offence or doubt against your skills.
Rhena Oxley, Minister of Magic
Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Edwin Manaspark wrote: A paper glider finds its way into the Minister of Magic's office and onto the appropriate desk, seemingly able to fly on its own accord. If it were to be unfolded, it would contain a letter written in a precise hand, all in the Common language:

Greetings, Magic-Minister(s) of Stormwind! Your posters suggested that you were in need of a skilled mage, and you can rest assured that I am indeed a mage... and arguably a skilled one at that!

Excuse the strange method of transport, but postage fees are getting incredibly unreasonable nowadays, and I do see that it got your attention at the very least. Besides, it's much more fun to deliver letters this way - all through the power of magic, too!

Oh, what am I thinking, I should introduce myself! My name is Edthil Manaspark, a wizard of the Kirin Tor (unemployed, too, at the time of this letter's writing) and master of Conjuration, Transmutation and Enchantment - though I do also dabble in Illusion from time to time.

Before I continue, I must stress that if your job concerns politicking or senseless murder, I have no interest in it. I am no battle-mage, and my days of using magic as a weapon are long-gone. Though, what I can teach is that magic should be appreciated as a form of art, not just a way to summon fire and lightning to leave your enemies slowly burning in an agonising death... and such.

There are valuable things for amateur mages to learn which do not concern warfare, things that are often overlooked in many magical colleges... such as the art of summoning tea and cookies! While these things may seem trivial at first glance, they serve to enrich the arcanist's life, and provide a wider field of knowledge - and who doesn't like cookies?

Anyways, I'll keep this short - if you want to send a quick reply, just write on the other side and throw the glider back out of the window; it'll make its way back to me promptly.

The response is written on the back of the letter and arrives as a glider.

To Edthil Manaspark.
Greetings Edthil and thank you for your letter.
The Ministry of Magic would be interested in your lectures and would like a more specific explanation of the topics and areas of your lecture.
We would also like to know your salary request for the lecture. Please contact Rhena Oxley so we can set up the time for the lecture.

Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Azapha wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

text copy for ease of reading:

Greetings Lady Azapha.
The Ministry of Magic is searching for lecturers for all schools of magic, not just for arcane and we are interested in your offer. However I would like to discuss this a bit more to sort out some details and topics of the lecture. Also we would like to know your salary request for the lecture. Please contact me so we can discuss these details.
Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Phenoa Firehart wrote:A Sealed letter bearing a wax stamp of a snowflake and deer is delivered to the ministry by what appears to be some kind of knight. he exudes a cold feeling of emptiness  as he enters. interacting with no-one other than to simply pass the letter to whomever seems most competent and getting it the the correct location.

Greetings Minister(s?)

i have been made aware that you are seeking lecturers to lift the veil of mysteries that is the magical arts.
i would love to help with this.
my background knowledge originated in druidism and has since stemmed into 'other' fields.
if i were to sum up the lessons i could offer i would say that "abstract magical arts" would be the appropriate title.
i would be able to cover topics such as: alternative healing magics, situational adaptation of spells, extraplanar studies
and probably a few others if i sat and planned.
from the titles i'm sure you can understand that these would not be suited for those new to the use or research of magic
but are aimed to expand the understanding of those already possessing a degree of knowledge.

if what i have written here appeals please write your response overleaf along with details of your availibility to meet and discuss the matter further, then place the letter into the envelope i enclosed and i shal reply in due course.

- Lunaious Frosthart

[sidenote: roughly 10 seconds after the reply is placed into the envolope it will combust into a brilliant purple flame]

Greetings Lunaious.
We at the Ministry of Magic would be interested in your offer for lectures. However we would like to discuss the topic of the lecture into detail and hear about your salarey request for the lecture. Please contact Rhena Oxley to discuss this more.

Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Rhena wrote:To, Skarain Feinrand.

I do apologize for the late response for your letter and I want to thank you for your offer. However, unfortunatelly the Ministry of Magic can not accept you as one of their lecturer due to your reputation and status in Ironforge. Stormwind City would not like to risk their relations to Ironforge. I hope you do not take this as personal offence or doubt against your skills.
To: Rhena Oxley, 'Stormwind' Minister of Magic

I am not offended. Or surprised by the answer. I do however admit myself surprise of the fact that someone actually 'did' responded. Judging by my past experience with Alliance "Justice", I would not be surprised if merely conversing with an outlaw would send the person straight before the seat of High Justice to be charged with treason. I shall hope that no such fate shall befall upon you.

Should the Minister have a need for an intellectual conversation outside of business, you know where to find me.

Signed by,

Skarain Feirand
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:47 pm

A third letter arrive to the officer of Stormwind Ministry of Magic, addressed to Rhena Oxley, Minister of Magic. The letter has the name "Skarain Feirand" written as the sender. The envelope is sealed with a blue wax seal bearing the mark of a blue flame. The letter is not magical in any way, though some spells have been cast on it that cause it magical signature to deteriorate on an accelerated pace. The letter within is written with azure colour ink.

Greetings, Minister Oxley.

I believe the ministrys posters searching for lecturers are starting to wear out by the passage of time. However, I do not believe that I have heard of a single lecture sponsored by the Ministry of Magic have actually been held to the public. Whether the Ministry has been holding lectures in secret I do not know, but I do not believe so. It would be awfully counter-productive towards the goal for which the lecturers were sought for to begin with.

I shall make you aware that The Azure Flame have engaged with diplomacy with the Kingdom of Khaz'modan and the Kingdom of Stormwind. As result to the negotiations, the warranty on my person has been nullified for the time being and the Flame recognized as a neutral faction of it own.

As thus, I do not believe that there remain any obstacles for myself lecturing in the Kingdom of Stormwind. I do not object the possibility to book for an appointment after the coming Stormwind Council on 15th of November and discuss in person about what topics the ministry sees fit to be held lectures about in their city.

Signed by,

Skarain Feirand
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down