Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some assistance getting back into the RP community

+3
Skarain
Charlie Blazesong
siegmund
7 posters

Go down

Need some assistance getting back into the RP community Empty Need some assistance getting back into the RP community

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Hello DefiasRP.
Come Legion, I'm hoping we'll be seeing a resurgence in the roleplaying community. I have been out of touch with said community for so long now that I have no idea where to start looking and so forth. Are there any plans in the making for a guild that will be allowing Demon Hunters on Alliance? (unfortunately) I'll be adding to the masses of Demon Hunters that will be attempting to RP and I know for a fact that some guilds such as Wardens of Azeroth outright forbid DH's from entering their guild unless they go for a "only a demon hunter ooc'ly" thing, which is not to my liking.

I can tell Skarain/Inran is still active, but super busy, also seemingly playing Horde now whenever he does have time?
Anyway. I realize this site isn't used by many anymore, but having no subscription atm I can't make a thread on the official forum.
The prayer has been sent, I summon thee, Skarain!

Back to top Go down

Need some assistance getting back into the RP community Empty Re: Need some assistance getting back into the RP community

Post by siegmund Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:10 pm

unless they go for a "only a demon hunter ooc'ly" thing

Yea i kind of doubt that, but i can bet some people will and it will be cringeworthy.

But i'm sure someone will try and make a DH gathering at least if not a guild. I'm more curious how some people will react to the possible flood of DHs in RP.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Need some assistance getting back into the RP community Empty Re: Need some assistance getting back into the RP community

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Why cringeworthy? Afraid it'll be attempts at Satyr/succubi rp or something?
I'm not at all interested in a DH exclusive guild, but if things go wrong that just might be the only place that'll have a place for me. *Puts on linkin park*

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 pm

If things go to plan last chancers will be accepting everything.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Sounds good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:53 am

Hoip. You are right on the regard of being super busy. I am not roleplaying much these days actually, due to the most retarded workshifts imaginable eating away all evenings, so I spend my time smashing Skyrim, leveling alts, OOC-chatting with people and windsurfing in RL when the wind's good.

Anyhow, time to get into the topic at hand.

As a Demon Hunter, you will quite obviously want to go about Hunting Demons. It does invoke a question on why your character would be in major cities to begin with, or to be joining forces with another RP guild.

Anyhow, as far as I know, Wardens of Azeroth do accept Death Knights into an "Outsider" rank. Chances to join the guild IC are low, but you can get involved in (some) events and RP nonetheless.

The Theatre of Blood 'might' accept Death Knights, mostly due to their unique sight. Them being a guild of assassins and spies, would not be to far-fetched that they'd try to root our demon-worshippers and demons in disguise away from amidst the Alliance. Employing a Demon Hunter to aid in that would not be a bad idea. I'll try to prod some Theatre people (Naroma, Webbles, etc.) to give this thread a looks and confirm/smack down.

Last Chances are confirmed to accept Demon Hunters in their post by Charlie more or less.

House of Yore I do not know about.... Possibly? There's though a question on "why would a demon hunter join such a guild?".

Lastly, there is The Azure Flame. Despite 'me' not being overly active, the guild still exist and people roleplay actively in it - just not always with eachother. With this group though, we approach each person joining as an individual. I have no problem with Demon Hunters joining up with the guild, but they do need a reason on why they would seek out for a 'group of rogue-mages and darkcasters claiming independence and allowing nothing or no-on to rule over themselves'.

Mind, these are just the guilds 'listed'. I totally expect new RP guilds to spring up like mushrooms after rain as we approach Legion/as Legion hits, but until then - we go with what we have.

Hope this was of some help. I'll be asking around a bit once I get ingame, if people are still online by the hours that I can. Otherwise, I can simply wish you welcome to the roleplaying scene of RP-PvP servers.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 am

The Blackwald Trading Union is not bound by Alliance law since it is both in alliance and neutral areas, deals with both trade and what i expect most DH's who would try and join us to be doing, being hired as merc's.. since I run the guild and IC is a fel user, you would not be denied on the fact of DH alone, in fact, since the BTU is most likely IC going to be focused on moving towards selling arms and merc's for the legion invasion front, DH's would be very accepted for both there knowledge and ability in the effort against the legion

contact ether me (guild leader) on Azapha or Hutchins (next best in line to get to me though) if you would like to talk

also , Skarain as always has fed some nice other info for you there
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Centax Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:35 am

As far as House of Yore is concerned, we accept any and all classes. It's the Chracter themself that is of interest. If they can prove useful to the House, we sure as hell wouldn't turn them down. If you are interested for more info, just poke any Yorian and they should steer you in the right direction.

As for what you just wrote, Azapha, problem is you ARE bound by Alliance laws. Anyone is while they're in the kingdom. Sure you can do whatever the fel you want in areas outside, or if you don't get caught, but if you are, you can't just go: "Oh, yeah we do trade business with people out side Stormwind, so Stormwind laws don't apply to us".

Last edited by Centax on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Centax
Centax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:47 am

Skarain wrote:House of Yore I do not know about.... Possibly? There's though a question on "why would a demon hunter join such a guild?".

Because we have gnomes and gnomes are cute.
Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Name: Rhena Oxley
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Siegmund, Charlie, Skarain, Azapha and Centax thanks for your replies I've gotten exactly what I was hoping for which is an overview. I still don't know what I'll settle for, but it seems there are plenty of options.

Right now I'm still hoping there will be some clarification on how the writers have incorporated Demon Hunters into the lore mold that is supposedly making them fit to work alongside the Alliance and Horde.
From what I gathered from the novel Illidan, most of the Demon Hunters seem severely psychotic and damaged, but others such as Vandel have an immense discipline about them that keeps them in check. My guess is that there will be a sort of redemption arc for them so that they can appropriately be initiated among their respective factions.

They're fortunately still individuals such as can be seen by the odd friendship that one of the major characters in the book forms with another one named Ravael (also a demon hunter) but a prevalent theme they all share is that a thin line is constantly traversed where their lust for power can overwhelm them into making bad choices
Spoiler:

I do believe that somewhere in the remaining sane demon hunters, there is a longing for being accepted and bond with people once again and if everything turns out to be completely hopeless, that's what I'll be going by, which will allow me a bit more wriggle room to rp, such as actually going to a big city. Not so much to drink at the pig & whistle I imagine, but to avoid ruling out several occasions due to bad class availability/lore correlation.

I'll try my best not to make you folks cringe too bad I promise.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:40 pm

It was nice reading the novel I have to agree lots of lore about (Except for that one part at the end where I kind of facepalmed)

But yeah just like you said the always floating question of "unstable" characters that can end up doing worse then good in a instant, but you kinda are suposed to have them about to add to your chances of not getting killed in the overall picture.

Wonder though if anyone will RP a demon hunter (IRONY) affiliated with the burning legion or turn on their allies at a point or even any other character?!

*Shifty eyes*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Skarain wrote:I'll try to prod some Theatre people (Naroma, Webbles, etc.) to give this thread a looks and confirm/smack down.

We're still discussing it. We most likely won't come to a decision before getting a proper grasp of them by playing through the starting zone and via IC interactions.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down